It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by BingeBob

You do know that the very ideology that states you should be granted the right to own a firearm is libraterinsim??

Your constitution is just one big classical liberal document.

I am not a liberal, but I think you might be, you just don’t know it.

nope

there is a hyge difference between liberals and libertarians. Here in america liberals want to take your guns, conserevitives want to take your pot and we libertarians want you stoned and armed

The constitution is a LIBERTARIAN writing........not liberal

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh I thought you were going to go down the root of telling me that these rights were universal to all of humanity be grace of their very being, are you going to start quoting Locke at me now?. we are now into a different argument far removed from weather Americans should be allowed guns or not.

I think these rights should be suppressed, you think they should be protected.

And as the ATS “expert” on weapons I really don’t expect you to agree with me on this.

You think you're going to have a say in "Allowing" us to keep our guns??
This external arrogant elitism is just the reason we are stocking them away.

exactly

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

Great post Hopup Dave, and I would add that Columbia has about the same number of guns per capita as the U.K. Unfortunately, KU apparently cares little about historic or current day facts or events. He is just out to spread his well intentioned yet misguided message about hope and joy. He doesn't want to see how many genocides took place in the wake of gun control, he doesn't want to accept that if all guns were removed, murderers will find another way to kill. Carrying it further, with his unerring logic Americans would disarm themselves of all nuclear weapons while the Russians were allowed to arm themselves to high Hell and blow us all to kingdom come.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

american people, us the citizen are a little smarter then you peopes in other countries realize....someday if you push he wrong button ( not literal button) you will realize our mentalities, what we contemplate, what makes us tick. You think you know us, I dont think you have even 1/3rd a clue. maybe just maybe someday you will see

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by sapien82

You've obviously never been in a life and death situation, nor had to seriously defend yourself.
edit on 15-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

People who live in developed countries with gun regulations usually don't have to.

It's a lot harder to break into someone's house and shoot them when you can't buy a gun or ammunition at your local K-Mart.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Don't be silly, we will never lose our right to protest, it is scaremongering.

Remember, we were protesting long before the USA was even conceived and are actually pretty good at it.

This thread has become a complete farce with so much nonsense and bollocks in it.

It has become nothing but a vehicle for people to spew their pre-conceived ideas and prejudices out with little or no regard for opposing opinions or reasoned debate.
The lack of historical fact is actually quite alarming.

Regardless of my personal thoughts on gun control and The Second Amendment, which I've made well known in this thread if anyone has actually taken the time to read and consider, I honestly wouldn't trust the majorty of posters with a pea shooter or catapult let alone a real gun which could actually do some damage.

If this is the quality of minds and debating skills of people from both the UK and US that are attracted to ATS then I fear for all our future's.
Surely the vast majorty of us are better than has been shown in this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is why we need guns

www.abovetopsecret.com...

to keep people like that at bay.....

Shot dead and if some of the people would of been armed on that board or even ginger the old lady with a purse could of popped a cap in that scum bag...

Had to wait until the cops showed up and then it was to late..

Americans really do need guns to keep things/us safe...
edit on 15-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Don't be silly, we will never lose our right to protest, it is scaremongering.

Remember, we were protesting long before the USA was even conceived and are actually pretty good at it.

This thread has become a complete farce with so much nonsense and bollocks in it.

It has become nothing but a vehicle for people to spew their pre-conceived ideas and prejudices out with little or no regard for opposing opinions or reasoned debate.
The lack of historical fact is actually quite alarming.

Regardless of my personal thoughts on gun control and The Second Amendment, which I've made well known in this thread if anyone has actually taken the time to read and consider, I honestly wouldn't trust the majorty of posters with a pea shooter or catapult let alone a real gun which could actually do some damage.

If this is the quality of minds and debating skills of people from both the UK and US that are attracted to ATS then I fear for all our future's.
Surely the vast majorty of us are better than has been shown in this thread.

And with this I shall say, Time reveals all...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

and also I saw this on another thread someone else started kk

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I thing you misunderstood the OP a little.You americans do have a right to have a gun and that is never questioned.We debate here is it there a need ? There are so many high developed countries around the world for example Japan with very rigorous tight gun control but very low crime.
www.davekopel.com...
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by sapien82

You've obviously never been in a life and death situation, nor had to seriously defend yourself.
edit on 15-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

People who live in developed countries with gun regulations usually don't have to.

It's a lot harder to break into someone's house and shoot them when you can't buy a gun or ammunition at your local K-Mart.

yes, removing firearms prevents firearms from being used in homicides/crime
but, knives, firsts, powertools and even cars are responcible for more homicides then firearms
so how do you plan on preventing the majority (+70%?) of homicides from being done ?

i still see you havent stopped with the argument that its the guns intent to rob/kill/be used in a crime and not the person..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I thing you misunderstood the OP a little.You americans do have a right to have a gun and that is never questioned.We debate here is it there a need ? There are so many high developed countries around the world for example Japan with very rigorous tight gun controlbut very low crime.
www.davekopel.com...

no if you read through all the post his 5 year plan is to have americans rights to bear arms taken away

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

It's a lot less likely that someone will if 75% of the homeowners are known to have guns to shoot back!!!!

Jaden

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It is not about crime, some people just don't get what the reasoning behind the citizenry being guaranteed the right to bear arms in America is about.

It's about this country being for by and of the people, and the liklihood of attempted oppression by those who obtain power. Owning guns by the citizenry is NOTHING more than guaranteeing that should the need arise to defend ourselves from an oppressive government, the ABILITY to do so will be available.

Any gun control in the US period is against the second amendment. Congress shall make NO LAW.... luckily the supreme court is starting to see that with their recent rulings, hopefully they keep it up.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Go ahead and give up your guns if you want.

I will not use mine to protect you or your family.

You can learn the lesson the hard way Dial 911 and Die.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

It's not about crime ? Defending from An oppressive government ?

Hmm ....What do you mean by oppressive government ? If someone visited your house with many cops with warrant your will be start shooting?What oppresive ? Fema camps ? forced vaccination ?I dont understand you .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel

Not really, the forefathers all agreed that the best form of government is a Republican form of government. The problem is that for some exceptions, such as Ron Paul, the republican Party does not represent what being a REAL Republican is all about.

The forefathers made it clear.

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Masterjaden

It's not about crime ? Defending from An oppressive government ?

Hmm ....What do you mean by oppressive government ? If someone visited your house with many cops with warrant your will be start shooting?What oppresive ? Fema camps ? forced vaccination ?I dont understand you .

really you dont know about the fema camps? the forced vacanations that are soon to happen? where are you from?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

That is nothing more than ignorance... Most criminals do not buy their guns from walmart, or k-mart...not even ammo... They buy them from the black market from China, Russia, etc, etc. This fact has been demonstrated many times yet some people continue to regurgitate the lies from the left, and anti-American sources...
edit on 15-12-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by lastrebel

Not really, the forefathers all agreed that the best form of government is a Republican form of government. The problem is that for some exceptions, such as Ron Paul, the republican Party does not represent what being a REAL Republican is all about.

The forefathers made it clear.

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

I do agree with Ron Paul, I dont agree with no other no other money hungry republican, and as for the democrats, they are cowards

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join