It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This guys from Scotland? The place where airguns are evil?
Please, you guys gave up your freedoms a long time ago and have been paying for it since!
Lets not turn this country to Tory rule!
Braveheart must be turning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
I'm more concerned with local gun violence rates than I am with "conspiracies to run into Americans' homes and take over the country house by house".

This regurgitated tripe reassures me how many insane people are my neighbors.

It's never going to happen. You don't need guns in your house any more than you need nukes in your garage.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

What are you saying only the Americans say this stuff? This is a conspiracy website with users from around the world... everyone on here is crazy, especially you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Brood

"Gun violence"? There's no such thing as "gun violence".

Gun Violence

How about I concern myself with what i feel I need to protect myself(agreed on the nuke part), and you respect the rights of your fellow Americans.

Unless that's too much work..

How bout Americans stop shooting eachother for reasons as sad as stepping on your property (stink eye at Texas)... and I'll see this as a non-issue. Until then I'll reserve my respect for those who have been shot by their fellow Americans, and rip it away from those who complacently pretend it is not an issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You're in Scotland huh...your whole country is disarmed and you did it yourselves, remember Hitler, he disarmed his whole country and forced them to fight to the end with nothing. When the Japanese were asked why they didn't invade the US after Pearl Harbor they replied "because the populace was armed".

You should take a better look at your argument because you could have been speaking German today if it wasn't for Great Britain sucking the US into war.

You're obviously trolling here.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Stop it.

I know hundreds of Americans that will to this day argue that we killed Saddam Hussein because he attacked the World Trade Centers.

You're defending ignorance.

What was that you were saying about stupid people buying propaganda? Because America is known for being full of those idiots.

Yes.. and they are not our representatives on the whole.. even YOU know that. I absolutely know NO ONE personally who is okay with what has happened and what is happening. Not one sympathizer. No one but a fool bought into the bringing democracy to the Iraqis or winning hearts and minds BS when it first was said but a few thousand morons in the public..... You DO know how many people live here in the US right..... and they dont have the power to declare war any more than we had to stop it. You got to see the loud idiots who bought into it.. not the majority who were completely against it. Some idiot bought into the farce of declaring war on an ideology and used Saddam as an excuse to wage war on terrorism. Hell, a few decades before he was the axis of evil front man we gave him the keys to the city of Detroit and we praised him. I dont think you know what you are really talking about or how the real world works.

No not all of us by any means supported this and it has very little to do with the right to bear arms.. unless they decide to act on their little watch lists ( including everyone from veterans/active military who speak out to pro lifers) and napolitano talks some govt moron into declaring war on our their own people. Then you will be happy you have someone with a gun to hide behind. The first "shot" has already been fired.. the TSA heavy handedness. Lets see where it goes from here. Lets see where writing your representative gets you.

My firearms are for a more immediate threat. Im glad you live in a crime free utopia.. I do not. We were transfered to a criminal playground.. and this 5 foot nothing woman has no balls to use when confronting an armed criminal. Your opinions will never dissuade me from doing what I feel is my duty in protecting my children by any means possible. Thank God that I am afforded that right for the moment. Until you talk your representatives .. write and call them.. on all of your ideas for controlling the border and stopping the illegal gun trade so our criminals arent holding us hostage.... and while your at it call and wrote to stop all wars .. until you accomplish all of that dont dare try to dictate to anyone else what they should or shouldnt be doing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Netninja

You mean William Wallace? Besides didnt the Scots and the Brits reunite in like 1706 with the Treaty of Union? kind of already backstepping the work of Wallace. Please anyone with a greater knowledge on the subject correct my mistakes my English history is crappy.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

everyone on here is crazy, especially you.

Strangely enough, I resent this and also agree with it...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by DaWhiz

I'm not going to read your post because you seem to think that you need a gun to oppose government control, which is easily the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. But I guess if you propagandize it, the American population will eat it like its a Big Mac. But I forgot, you think nationalism is a good thing
. I mean no disrespect... but it's absolutely impossible for me to respect your arguments. The end.

Yeah right no one ever had to defend themselves against thier own government that is ridiculous..

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '1, '2, '3.

1.5 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '4.

13 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. '5.

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '6

100 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '7.

300 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '8, '9.

1 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated." '10.

56 million total, exterminated for lack of self-defense.Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

The next time someone talks in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control), ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and EXTERMINATE?" Please pause and reflect on the MASSIVE AMOUNT of lives lost because the means of self defense were deprived these people. Now you may begin to understand why gun owners are prepared to defend the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" with all our might as our Founding Fathers did! This is not idle talk, references are provided. The media is not giving facts, next time they quote statistics supposedly in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control) Ask for references, you will be astonished at the lack there of, and half truths used to support their "Anti Self-Defense" agenda.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." Mahatma Gandhi Gandhi, An Autobiography, The story of my experiments with truth

End notes
Lethal Laws. By Jay Simkin, Aaron Zelman, & Alan M. Rice. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, P.O. Box 270143, Hartford, WI 53027 (262) 673-9745 et al. '1. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 98. '2. Decree of the Council of People's Commissars, 10 December 1918, reprinted in 4 Decrees of Soviet Power 123 (Moscow 1968), reprinted in Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 123 '3. Id. at 100-04. '4. Id. at 83. '5. Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews 318-20 (1985). '6. Id. at 190. '7. Id. at 229. '8. Id. at 276. '9. Id. at 278. '10. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 315. For more in depth detail visit: www.jpfo.org..., www.jpfo.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am from the UK and the bottom line is that whether its a gun,knife,bat,brick or whatever, the weapon itself does not harm people its the person operating it. If somone wants to hurt/kill somone they will use anything that they feel might give them an advantage in doing so. If all the people who banged on about getting rid of guns etc.. put as much effort into educating people, especially the younger generation on how to respect one another we would probably see a reduction in the number of violent offences throughout the world. Unfortunately governments realise this costs a lot of money time and effort to do so instead they ban or restrict weapons and most people like the original poster think everything will go away and are happy that something has been done. Meanwhile people carry on sticking sharp objects in one another and beating the crap out of each other and scumbags go on raping and killing easy targets, but that doesnt matter cause at least there are no more guns.

I cant understand why people want to protect criminals by letting them have the upper hand, If they want a gun they will get one, all they need is cash and to ask the local scumbags and eventually they will locate what they are looking for. In the UK they dont need a gun they can use numbers and melee weapons to gain the advantage instead so its no different than guns in America. If you take something away from somone they will just find a substitute, the advantage for American is what many of them stated here, if their government tries to impose unreasonable sanctions on them they can at least oppose them.

One last thing about the UK. We have been programmed and brainwashed to feel that there is nothing we can do to help ourselves. Good example is when they implemented council tax and everyone was told they would have to pay that (varying amount depending on where you live) or face a prison sentence. So guess what uk residents did ? yep just paid it, mind you the media showed a old lady in her 80s being sent to prison for none payment. So most people thought "theres nothing I can do" what will they do to me if they would send the old lady to prison. I mean its like extortion, imagine som person coming to your door and saying "your gonna pay me £1200 a year or I will harm you"

Respect for others should be instilled in people when they are young and growing up and should be encouraged,praised and rewarded. Instead youngsters are taught knocking somebodys teeth out will get you respect.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think they point is that nobody should defend themselves against their government. Government can do no wrong and is all puppies and rainbows all the time. Even when the Khmer Rouge is piling up the mountains of skulls it's all in your best interest.

If government is killing you rest assured it's for your own benefit.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That is one unholy text wall that I am also refusing to read. I read the first line and you assumed that I thought it had never happened in history. I guess from this I can assume that you are arguing with someone else because it has nothing to do with my argument.

My argument is that in present day this is not an evident issue. Gun violence is. You're supporting an existing issue by defending a nonexistent one. It's irrational, no matter which way your wall of regurgitated text spins it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

You're in Scotland huh...your whole country is disarmed and you did it yourselves, remember Hitler, he disarmed his whole country and forced them to fight to the end with nothing. When the Japanese were asked why they didn't invade the US after Pearl Harbor they replied "because the populace was armed".

You should take a better look at your argument because you could have been speaking German today if it wasn't for Great Britain sucking the US into war.

You're obviously trolling here.

Umwhat?

When the US joined WW2, the Germans had already lost Vimy Ridge to Canadian troops.

I guess the difference is that those troops were fighting against genocide, not for vindication.

This is exactly why I find it hilarious that people think "educational material" issued by the U.S. should be 100% trusted. American publications would have you believe that America has never lost a war ( 1812, Vietnam..
), and that "the troops" are always out there fighting for "our freedoms"

Wait, what do you have against Nazi Germany? You mean this nation that let corporations do whatever they wanted? Supported a military that touted their soldiers as heroes no matter how awful their acts were? Supported a Christian faith above all others? Waged war against countries... against the wishes of a collective group of surrounding countries? Well.... doesn't this sound familiar. Funny how America didn't care about WW2 until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.... yet not surprising. They were too busy copying everything they were doing to pretend they cared enough to fight against them. And here come the blissfully ignorant American "patriots" (or nationalists if you're stupid enough to think that is a positive term) saying that they are responsible for eradicating fascism and NWO.

LAUGH.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

United States citizen?, (techincaly Mexicans and Canadians are Americans as wel)l or a transplant. It seems your not an American how in your threads and posts you post and reply to the American people as if your not one of them. If you are infact an American your one hell of a hypocrite. So what is it are you a hypocrite, a transplant, or a liar?
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: dick cheney stole my wallet

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: he stole it again!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

God this seems like a troll post but I'll bite.

Yes. Weapons are to kill with. They are also for fun sports.

The reason we have them is too keep ALL wolves at bay. Biped and Quadriped.

The only thing too keep us from becoming absolute subjects is the tiny fear that we may use them.

If you dont want one or dont like them, fine. Dont have one. Stay the hell away from my rights though.

Edit.

I just noticed that your not even American. Your a Scot.

You should be ashamed. Scratch that. Your people should be ashamed you share their blood!

If you'll remember, the English came and took all of your swords. Yall did well after that, yes?

Go ahead and roll over on your back and show your belly. Folks like me will defend your right to do so regardless of how we may find you disgusting in the process.
edit on 14/12/10 by felonius because: add

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

That is one unholy text wall that I am also refusing to read. I read the first line and you assumed that I thought it had never happened in history. I guess from this I can assume that you are arguing with someone else because it has nothing to do with my argument.

My argument is that in present day this is not an evident issue. Gun violence is. You're supporting an existing issue by defending a nonexistent one. It's irrational, no matter which way your wall of regurgitated text spins it.

So how does one know when their government might turn on them at any point in time? I am sure of the 56 million unarmed citizens who died at the hands of thier government most never dreamed they were in any danger of extermination. Gun violence is one of the least forms of death these days.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance Says Thomas Jefferson!

However what a convenient way to avoid facing the facts that your argument was completely destroyed. Yeah just deny and ignore the facts that will bolster your argument and give you credibility, NOT. That is much easier then refuting the facts which by the way have sources attached which few claims these days have. Anti-gun advocates have never had any basis in fact to argue from and destroying thier argument is like shooting fish in a barrel (pun intended) but it is entertaining to watch them drone on in thier emotional arguments devoid of any facts logic or reason completely oblivious to their untenable position... Irrational indeed...

edit on 14-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ady37

I cant understand why people want to protect criminals by letting them have the upper hand, If they want a gun they will get one, all they need is cash and to ask the local scumbags and eventually they will locate what they are looking for. In the UK they dont need a gun they can use numbers and melee weapons to gain the advantage instead so its no different than guns in America. If you take something away from somone they will just find a substitute, the advantage for American is what many of them stated here, if their government tries to impose unreasonable sanctions on them they can at least oppose them.

And there is the rub. Are we too so programmed that we will not raise up and fight? Sometimes I wonder just what it will take to get people off of their recliners. Its true than many of us raised up but not violently. We used what we had to work with at the moment.. protesting, enlisting any govt officials we could in our opposition, etc... but the govt took it completely out of our hands as far as these wars and using our military in such an unlawful way. The pro's nor the con's had any hand in what happened.. it was a unilateral and totally undemocratic move to declare war in the way they did and on whom they did with the reasons they did. Eventually we will have war declared on us citizens. I truly believe its only a matter of time. I guess we will see if these weapons were for show/ego or for the purpose in which they were intended in that part of the amendment.

As I said before.. a few pages ago.. my weapons are for a more close enemy with immediate threat. I have no delusions of charging headfirst in a revolution with my home defense weapons. Kind of like suicide IMO. May work on a deer or a dummy on crack who wants by wide screen lcd ... but I doubt it would do much to a armed soldier with kevlar... or a bunch of them.. who have just been convinced Im a seditious terrorist.

link   

Why?

1- Because I can.

2- Those who do not own firearms are ripe for abuse by any government who knows the citizenry can't do # about any ridiculous orders said government chooses to pass.

3- As one of the most heavily armed populaces on earth, any nation's army daring to invade America will be shot at from every rooftop, window, doorway and treeline.

link   
reply to post by Brood

I don't mean to knit pick, but I should hope the US arrived in WW2 after Canadians took Vimmy Ridge.

We took it in WW1

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Did you just contact your represenatives? look at all the good it did! You fixed the economy, ended the 2 illegal wars and put an end to world hunger. All hail Brood he contacted his representatives.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the founding fathers in america realized that they are violent savages motivated by greed and in creating their utopian dream of violence, wealth and murder they needed to guarantee a method of collecting and canceling debts. their solution was the firearm.

the plan worked, you owe me $10 for a bag of weed, boom. problem solved. you're trying to steal a chocolate bar from my store. boom. problem solved. you stepped on my new sneakers, boom problem solved.
the jets lost, you owe me $1000, boom problem solved. my neighbour has an oil patch, i want it, boom, instant wealth.

on the flip side, the firearm is the prefered method of maintaining and keeping your wealth.

if i lived in america among these savages and wolves, i wouldn't only pack a weapon, i'd have an arsenal.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join