It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddities in MARS "On the way to Bonneville" Hi-Res Pic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Viking Lander I on July, 1976 right after landing a picture was slowly transmitted to Earth near the footpad of the Lander. What looks to be a tiny tiny house cat with a tail can be be seen clearly and a Sandmarie, tiny humanoid, looking like a Wizard is laying on it's back on the ground facing the Martian sky that looks like it was smashed by the footpad. A perfect skull of a lifeform is nearby and a tiny tiny perfect child size boat with a window can be seen laying on the Martian surface. Other fossils and lifeforms are nearby the Viking lander.

Can you post this pic? I've never heard anything about it before...

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
From wired Science- Exotic 236 Mars Images. www.wired.com...
Once to the site down below click on Strange Places on Mars: What do you want to see next? You have seen some of these photos but some you have not seen. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

"Different shape"?

Of course, it is...between the photo taken by Opportunity, from the ground...and the "aerial view", from orbit.

Look at the picture, from the ground. See the crater, and its rim? And, where the HS is located.

Then look at the zoom for area "c".

You know, your car looks different from street level, than from directly overhead, too.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Won't edit the above text, but here to note I should have written "Spirit", in reference to the proper Rover, and the image of its heat shield. Getting those two girls mixed up, sometimes...
edit on 12 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by amari

Viking Lander I on July, 1976 right after landing a picture was slowly transmitted to Earth near the footpad of the Lander. What looks to be a tiny tiny house cat with a tail can be be seen clearly and a Sandmarie, tiny humanoid, looking like a Wizard is laying on it's back on the ground facing the Martian sky that looks like it was smashed by the footpad. A perfect skull of a lifeform is nearby and a tiny tiny perfect child size boat with a window can be seen laying on the Martian surface. Other fossils and lifeforms are nearby the Viking lander.

Thanks.

The Raw photo I have is in black and white and I will search to see if the detailed photo I have is on the net. Mars will surprise everyone as news breaks in the future about the different lifeforms running around on the surface. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Dude, why not just provide the direct link to that page? www.wired.com...

I count thirteen images there, to peruse.

Which one is particularly interesting? They are all selected for, as the title says, looking "strange". Can you think of anything on Earth that could also look "strange" when photographed from space??

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

"Different shape"?

Of course, it is...between the photo taken by Opportunity, from the ground...and the "aerial view", from orbit.

Look at the picture, from the ground. See the crater, and its rim? And, where the HS is located.

Then look at the zoom for area "c".

You know, your car looks different from street level, than from directly overhead, too.

Sorry mate, they still look different to me..
You are just saying that because you know it's supposed to be there.
The pic you show looks in different proportions..
I'm not saying it's not a part of the lander, just not the bit you pictured..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

All from this JPL source.

WW - Thanks for the pics and link.

Also for the info re: ventifact.

I've still never seen a "natural" rock that perfectly pyramid-shaped before. Not just the equal size equilateral triangles on each face, but also getting the "angle" right from tip to base. Blows me away...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

backinblack....DUDE!!

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Photo caption: "PIA05630: Heatshield on the Horizon"

JPL source.

____________________________________________________________________________________
I wrote "Oppurtunity". Wrong Rover. Is Spirit. (Long ago, before got stuck in the sand...)

edit on 12 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

backinblack....DUDE!!

Photo caption: "PIA05630: Heatshield on the Horizon"

Dude!!! Am I not allowed an opinion?
It doesn't frekin look the same as in your pic..

Get over yaself mate..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Im a believer that there 'was' something on Mars, a long long long time ago, and i firmly believe one day in the future far far far from now another species will look down on our rock and say, '' there was something on Earth, a long long long time ago. "

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by amari

Dude, why not just provide the direct link to that page? www.wired.com...

I count thirteen images there, to peruse.

Which one is particularly interesting? They are all selected for, as the title says, looking "strange". Can you think of anything on Earth that could also look "strange" when photographed from space??

From wired Science- Exotic 236 Mars Images. www.wired.com...
Once to the site down below click on Strange Places on Mars: What do you want to see next? You have seen some of these photos but some you have not seen. ^Y^

edit on 12-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

The Raw photo I have is in black and white and I will search to see if the detailed photo I have is on the net.

Amari - If you can't find it on the web, can you can post your Raw version directly here?

I'd love to see it....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
These however are "sea shells" in my book.(jpl image) Ive seen thatsame broken twisted shell on more beaches here than I can count.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.illuminatiarchives.org...
edit on 12-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
reply to post by amari

Thanks.

This Viking 1 Footpad photo does not even come close to the detail I have in the raw photo I possess. The top part of the photo is cut off from the photo that I have and the light in color elongated skull fossil next to the big rock upper right you can barely tell what it is because it is not clear and detailed like my photo. ^Y^
edit on 12-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Well, maybe I can suggest something that will blow you back....

...rock that perfectly pyramid-shaped before. Not just the equal size equilateral triangles on each face, but also getting the "angle" right from tip to base. Blows me away...

Errrrmmmm...we only see two sides. Until/unless we can see the entire thing, then it's just an assumption that it is equally 'equilateral' on the back. Funny, how the mind can play tricks, isn't it?? Our brains have evolved, many millions of years, to help us survive...and it tends to color our expectations, sometimes.

That's why optical illusions are so much fun!! Because, those can blow you away, with the way they fool you.

Like, this:

Or, this short one:

This is partly why we (some of us) see "android heads" on Mars, or "creatures"
or the "virgin mary" in the grain of a wood door, or tree bark, or a piece of toast! Any number of illusions.

Especially faces, we are keen on faces...HUMAN faces, of course. Try to study a number of apes' faces, and see how much harder it is to recognize the individuals, until you have time to get to know them....and apes are closest to US than any other animal....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Im a believer that there 'was' something on Mars, a long long long time ago, and i firmly believe one day in the future far far far from now another species will look down on our rock and say, '' there was something on Earth, a long long long time ago. "

That's my view too. It doesn't take long for natural forces to start wiping away evidence of existence, especially if it's totally unchecked, but if you dig around a little there will always be some findable evidence.

That's why we need to send real people to Mars - not just machines. The ability to see, analyze, intuit and make decisions on where and what to "look" for - in real-time - can never be fully duplicated by any machine.

It would also be nice if one of the people wasn't military or government and brought along their own equipment to capture and send pics and data back to the rest of us unfiltered and uncensored.

Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming...
edit on 12/12/2010 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well, maybe I can suggest something that will blow you back....

...rock that perfectly pyramid-shaped before. Not just the equal size equilateral triangles on each face, but also getting the "angle" right from tip to base. Blows me away...

Errrrmmmm...we only see two sides. Until/unless we can see the entire thing, then it's just an assumption that it is equally 'equilateral' on the back. Funny, how the mind can play tricks, isn't it?? Our brains have evolved, many millions of years, to help us survive...and it tends to color our expectations, sometimes.

I see what you mean WW..The poster said "each" face and you automatically "assume" he means "all" faces..
He may very well mean that but it's not what he said..

Like you say, the mind plays tricks on us.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yep! Lotsa natural things due to weathering look like others things in our environment and in that of Mars.

the first two in their general shape and locations resemble a fallen and broken statue with the smaller piece (the "head" of course, to the right.

The one that really caught my fancy is the third image. Can you conceive of the head of a gray in a sunbonnet with pointed tips around its rim? At the lower back is something that resembles a metal ring around what would be the neck area. Of course, on the front of the "face" --oh, no, not that word surfacing again!--can be seen something that looks like a gray's eye, reptilian nose and two nostril slots. Well, maybe not. Maybe just what you could call conversation pieces?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
amazing what the wind can do.. reporting on Mars of a sighting of Nessie

funbox

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
These however are "sea shells" in my book.(jpl image) Ive seen thatsame broken twisted shell on more beaches here than I can count.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.illuminatiarchives.org...

At first I was like "Yeah!", but then I zoomed in and it looked more like a rock with vesicles...but what do I know?
All I do is work as a Paleontology technician in a Geology Department.

I would like nothing more than for them to be 'shells', but in reality I see vesicular rocks...

Please PROVE me wrong!

edit on 12-12-2010 by aorAki because: beer goggles

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join