It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddities in MARS "On the way to Bonneville" Hi-Res Pic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was checking out some of the hi-resolution pics from the Spirit Rover and noticed some odd "rocks".

On this panaromic pic, there were 3 "rocks" that caught my attention:

I'll post the screen snapshots of each along with a zoomed version.

Here's the first:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f345bb9ae1c.jpg[/atsimg]

The parallel and perpendicular lines in this one, along with the odd way it seemed to break at the top caught my eye.

Here's a closer look at this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab4a82d117ce.jpg[/atsimg]

The 2nd one caught my eye because of the graceful curves and almost barbed look of it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9e5c2645704.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's a closer look at this martian whaling hook:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/341972c9142a.jpg[/atsimg]

And finally, what MARS oddity pic would be complete without a pyramid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5f5739c268f.jpg[/atsimg]

And a little closer view:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4990b49b5ff8.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look at this one, the equilateral triangle / pyramid formation is pretty amazing. I don't think I've ever seen that found naturally on any rocks here on good ol "Terra Firma".....

Anyone else think these look somewhat "unnatural"?

You can see the full panormic pic here:

Gigapan Mars "Way to Bonneville" Pic

edit on 12/12/2010 by Riffrafter because: added link to full pic

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to believe ETs existed on mars and were behind the design on those rocks, I think the formation of those is natural.

I did geography up until A level (unfortunately) so I spent a lot of time studying weathering patterns of rocks and the like
edit on 12/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I could post pics of thousands of natural sites on earth that look UNnatural..
Nature is an amazing thing and throws out oddities all the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I maybe preching to the converted here, but I recently found Joseph P. Skipper' web site, marsanomalyesresearch.com

If your in to moon and mars photo's, theres no better plave to go to see great pix

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nice find. It is hard to say if aliens (or martians :p) are on mars, but it is even harder to say that aliens do not exist!
edit on 12-12-2010 by canadianfrontier because: minor revision

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Great post OP!

Its very hard to say, rocks are rocks no?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
WIND =P it does some incridible things to those things we call rocks, especially here on earth when water is involved. but. mars is sand, an with frequency experiences tornados. granted these tornados are actually like dust devils, they happen at all times throughout mars, spread across the surface. now if u imagine the wids, and remember that there is no water to assist in corrosion that it is basicly just like a desert. the places on earth where some of the greatest marvels of the geographical world are located in/ very near to what kind of climate? =) deserts. Mars' rocks are going to be ravaged in some places, if there are pieces of civilization, they were buried or came to earth too. people still dont understand, if you want those species of "sub-terrans" to come to light, someone is going to have to find one and explore. what type of climate u think they would like? hehehe. desert. so if you finally see a few in a massive tunnel, would you try to learn from it or would you just take a picture and try to publish it. im not recomending anything at all, as there are many dangers here in arizona, but if you were to explore some of the largest mines, government if u have the balls, you might find some things that change your view on life.
now most people have at least heard of dulce and all of the other bases around the country, most are spread through my part of the country, and ive lived here long enough to know that certain innocent caves can connect to big government run caves, if you had the right guide you might even see something you would expect to see on the surface of mars etched into that rock there.

humanity is the kind of people that "know" everything. they are told everything then know. they are awarded for who remembered most of what was taught to them compared to their peers. they knew that earth was the center of the universe and that it was indeed, flat. now that weve established that we still may know nothing, lets figure out what else is on our planet first, because i think some things should have light shed on them a bit slowly. the problem is that nobody wants to actually go down there to find a reptillian. we all know they exist, some illegal immigrant claimed he had been chased most of the previous night. as he was almost through the mojave he said it was yelling things in anevil hissing grunt, and just kept saying el chupacabra, dude was in shock, but i think he saw one =) hope it helps

ppl dont realize that if they started looking for these things that so many people dont have an anwer for, and actually find them. you may decide its better to not say. the truth is the truth, if you have the means, the ability, the respect to search them out without hate, or criminality on your mind. if you come with an open hand and understanding mind, then more people can prove we do have things that are unique to the human race. humans beware, you are seen as savages protected by your ruling class they dont like the smell of you, or the fact that if you are in a deep dark cave and you hear scuttling feet you scream with an insufferable tone of voice and run away. not very good first impressions, do you see where im getting at? everything has an agenda. something evolved from crocodiles my have an agenda you wouldnt expect it to have.

not derailing, trying to show you where you need to look, where you actually could

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry, they are just rocks. They heat up and freeze and fracture, they are subject to the elements and they can be shaped by wind-blown grains. The last one (pyramid) looks like a ventifact. Look it up. There are millions of these on Earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

Wow what a story man. I had to tape it and replay it in slo-mo. ...lol
Sorry I couldn't help it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I will put your mind at ease there are many lifeforms on Mars and I have seen them with my own eyes viewing ground zero photos. There are many structures and bases on Mars again I have seen them from satellite images. Everyday on my job I look at satellite images containing structures on this Earth. Two things I have seen occur when it comes to lifeforms on Mars. I believe NASA has a program that can turn lifeforms on Mars to look like rocks. The other thing is I believe that lifeforms on Mars can Morph and they are masters of camouflage and stealthing themselves.

Viking Lander I on July, 1976 right after landing a picture was slowly transmitted to Earth near the footpad of the Lander. What looks to be a tiny tiny house cat with a tail can be be seen clearly and a Sandmarie, tiny humanoid, looking like a Wizard is laying on it's back on the ground facing the Martian sky that looks like it was smashed by the footpad. A perfect skull of a lifeform is nearby and a tiny tiny perfect child size boat with a window can be seen laying on the Martian surface. Other fossils and lifeforms are nearby the Viking lander. ^Y^
edit on 12-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Any pictures you'd like to share with us? Or any proof about the rock/alien transformer?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
hmmm very interesting especially the last one the "pyramid,,,i dont know if its just me but has anyone else noticed the ground to the left of the pyramid? all around the rock, the ground is filled with rocks and dirt etc but look closely at the ground to the left of the pyramis and look how smooth and "rock free" it is...almost as though the rock has been pushed to flatten out the ground....very weird

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Well....cannot just assume it's "sand". For all we know, could be a piece of exposed shale...smooth and flat.

There are similar-looking areas, all around in the pictures. This is a difficulty, with just looking, but being unable to touch.

Here's just one article, though...among many...about erosion effects, both on Earth (where we CAN touch and examine) and compare to Mars.

Insights on rock abrasion and ventifact formation from laboratory and field analog studies with applications to Mars.

(Sexy sounding title, huh??).

This link reads more like a magazine article (with pretty pictures):

www.psi.edu...
edit on 12 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
hmmm very interesting especially the last one the "pyramid,,,i dont know if its just me but has anyone else noticed the ground to the left of the pyramid? all around the rock, the ground is filled with rocks and dirt etc but look closely at the ground to the left of the pyramis and look how smooth and "rock free" it is...almost as though the rock has been pushed to flatten out the ground....very weird

I hadn't noticed that - good find NWO.

It does look very weird. And it looks just like what you say - like the rock has been pushed along to form that smooth path in the dirt. Especially since the "smoothness" isn't anywhere else near the rock. Not front, back or right side...just the left side.

Guess I need to revisit the pic again and see if I can see anything like that anywhere else.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey, in the full pyramid pic..
Down the bottom right is a rock that looks like an old german helmet.
Just above and to the right is what looks like a can...

Maybe the Nazis did go there and had a few beers to celebrate..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Hey, in the full pyramid pic..
Down the bottom right is a rock that looks like an old german helmet.
Just above and to the right is what looks like a can...

Maybe the Nazis did go there and had a few beers to celebrate..

LOL - Took me a minute, but I found the helmet.

Actually, there is another section of that pic that looks like a Star Wars storm trooper got beheaded and his head (and helmet) rolled along a little ways before coming to stop out there on the Martian plain.

If I can find it again, I'll crop it and post it....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
LOOK AT THE DOME ON THE HORIZON!!!!!!! I posted about this before but nobody listens. Maybe I'll start a thread, even tho it will be like the 56th spirit rover image thread. I have some other stuff I want to point, yeah its gonna be cool.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Actually, there is another section of that pic that looks like a Star Wars storm trooper got beheaded and his head (and helmet) rolled along a little ways before coming to stop out there on the Martian plain. If I can find it again, I'll crop it and post it....

OK found it....

And in another pic taken at Bonneville Crater you can see some debris on crater ridge. The debris from the lander was some distance away and could be seen in the previous panoramic pic, so am not sure what this is. Maybe another piece of the lander? Anyone have any ideas?

And zoomed in a little....

edit on 12/12/2010 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes.

Bottom photos, piece of the lander.

Been covered, here somewhere....wish I could find it. Heatshield, if I recall....

Here's a photo from orbit:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was zoomed in....here is the "big picture" of the area:

Area labelled "c" is the heatshield location, area "b" is the lander.

Here's the lander, zoomed in:

All from this JPL source.

edit on 12 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well that's not what he posted..Different shape..
But still pretty sure it was part of the lander..
It's silver colored..We all know Martians use green alloys..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join