It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery monster crocodile at large in Australia.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
In an effort to put the (alleged) size of this crocodile into perspective, have a look at this video of a long jumper as he jumps 9 meters and imagine he is launching himself over the monster crocodile - from nose to tail...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Second that... I wish Steve Irwin were here to get us all excited about this HUGE reptile.... I can still see his excitment and gleaming eyes.... "Crikey.. Mate!"

This is a HUGE find.... maybe a link to a lost gooup of monster dinosaurs.

In memory of Steve Irwin... He was "me mate too!" Most of us loved and adored him.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow I love hearing about incredible giant animals.

The only problem? People can't leave well neough alone.

Once we hear about them we know what's going to happen.

Someone's going to shoot it or haul it off and put it in cage.

How sad is that...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
reply to post by bigern

Second that... I wish Steve Irwin were here to get us all excited about this HUGE reptile.... I can still see his excitment and gleaming eyes.... "Crikey.. Mate!"

This is a HUGE find.... maybe a link to a lost gooup of monster dinosaurs.

In memory of Steve Irwin... He was "me mate too!" Most of us loved and adored him.

yeah same goes here! what a champion bloke he was and a devastating loss. i can see him narrating to us as he crawls through the bushes stalking this thing. rip steve

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Get out your high powered rifles.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Consider the account of local fisherman Clint Spry who claims that he saw the creature and it's tail alone was the length of his boat - a whopping 3.8 metres. He took a photo for posterity:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5704125e85b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmmmmmmm.... Something about the photo seems Photoshopped to me. The lower part of the dark area, the way it meets the water... It seems as if the image was added on top of the background. I'm not accusing anyone of a hoax or intentionally making false claims. The photo is there, and everyone has their opinion. I am a graphic artist/designer and have worked with Photoshop since version 3. I would not call myself one of the Photoshop "masters" because those are the guys and gals who actually create and update the program, and even THEY specialize in certain areas of Photoshop.

Photoshop is so diverse in capability and versatile, it is more of a "Frontier" than a mere software program. That being said, I have many years experience in Photoshop, and something about the image seems "not right."

However, I do have an open mind and can't discount it altogether. I'd say, for me, there is an 85% chance that it has been manipulated or doctored in some fashion. Again, just my opinion, and certainly not the final authority nor the last opinion to be sure. Just my take as a professional graphic artist/designer who works with adobe software, especially Photoshop on a daily basis.

Further, I do hope that this isn't a hoax because the thought of a huge alligator/croc out there just makes the world that much more mysterious and enchanting. I think that as a species, we *need* our monsters.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There have been a few cases of giant croc's, i don't know if anyone has made a post about this before or even heared of the name before,
i remember watching a documentary on the National geographic a few years back.
It was called "catching the killer croc" they even made a film about this monster (wasn't the best film..but well worth the watch just to put your self in their places) PRIMEVAL
his name is "GUSTAVE".
I will try to tell you a little about him before i post links to this monster.
the "killer croc" as he is known to the outside world, is a massive 6.1 meters in length and looks like a dinosaur when scaled next to another big croc.
i saw the documentary and they played "Carmina Burana by Karl Orff"
link : www.youtube.com...
and you saw this croc lying on the mudflat in the middle of a river, and this huge head appears just behind it, then the body rises...i got goosies watching it ( i might have farted to..i was like man..i would crap myself if i saw that)
even the legendary Steve Irwin would have said "crikey mate..thats a bladdy great big croc right there..watch this as i kiss the bladdy killer croc..crikey mate...bless the good angel he is..(when he died i will admit i cried) and i'm 37 ..
anyway..Gustave has been reported to have killed over 300 people on the Ruzizi river, also has a taste for hippos.
he has been shot all over his body and head with all sorts of guns and spears.
they even tried to catch him, but..well..he cant be caged..hes massive man..just watch the links i have provided.

Sondoobie.

Oh yeah..put head phones on and crank up the sound before watchin..you'll jump..just see..
www.youtube.com...

adventure.nationalgeographic.com...

A very interesting read. www.nationalgeographic.com...

The film trailer : www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Note to self: Never go to australia.

I wouldnt want to be on the hungry side of that crocodile, their reaction time, intensely powerful jaw mucsles, you wouldnt live to tell the tale.

*bite, chew chew gone*

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I do a lot of surfing and frequently traveled down to Costa Rica to surf where "saltys" are a known danger.

We were surfing this river mouth one morning and my friend and I both got this creepy feeling...like being watched. We paddled in which involved crossing the river...# brown in color and saw what looked like a bumpy tree about 10ft long moving in the current about 20ft away. We kept paddling and watched the "tree" suddenly turn and dive under. Needless to say, we've never paddled faster in our lives.

Another croc story. We're at the bar in Jaco pounding Imperials and this guy is sitting in the corner and everyone is buying him drinks....he's got one arm, one eye, and stumps for legs and his arm. Turns out the guy was fishing the river at Tulene and got grabbed by a big saltwater croc. The croc didn't kill him but dragged him back to its nest where the smaller ones started feeding on him. He somehow managed to get free and climbed up the bank where someone at the village saw him and rescued him.

Here's a link w/disturbing photo: Crocs in Costa Rica

I'll take sharks any day over big saltwater crocs.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

wills120

I bet that bite 'stung at bit'...... ouch !!

And the guy in the bar............ has to be one of my nightmares about being 'eaten alive'... not nice..

PDUK

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

''
WE NEED ALL CAJUNS SENT TO AUSTRALIA....ASAP!

can you imagine the feed you'd get off of all that gator tail? mmmmmm!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Aparrently the 'record' for the biggest one ever caught - belongs to you guys stateside - a massive gator.

If the original photo in this thread and estimated legths are REAL (and I somehow doubt it) then it could swallow this gator whole!.

But then some folks don't believe that great whites grow to 35 ft long either, but i have the photo to prove it!

Take a look whats shadowing the mother and calf whale.

Mums at least 50 tonnes or so and baby about 8 tonnes...which makesthe great white...????

Clint wasn't wrong - we gonna need a bigger boat!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

One could say that is a little bit of a........croc?

No harm intended, although there are more sheep than kiwi's, the maths don't really work out.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Further, I do hope that this isn't a hoax because the thought of a huge alligator/croc out there just makes the world that much more mysterious and enchanting. I think that as a species, we *need* our monsters.

Your spot on with that statement GhostLancer.

I often wonder how quickly my interest would wane in these creatures if one were to be captured, catalogued and accepted into mainstream Zoology.

For example, there really isn't much physical difference between a bigfoot and a gorilla yet I have zero interest in gorillas and I am fascinated by bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sondoobie
Oh yeah..put head phones on and crank up the sound before watchin..you'll jump..just see..
www.youtube.com...

I haven't got any headphones but I still jumped alright! I think that clip has just blown the speakers in my laptop

Thanks for putting it up. That old croc sure does look like he's been around the block a few times!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

I love pictures of lurking underwater monsters taken from the air.

I remember watching a film taken from a helicopter as it flew over an Australian beach. It was frightening to see that not yards from blissfully unaware swimmers there were huge saltwater crocodiles lying on the sea bottom. I had a quick look on youtube but I couldn't find it.

Seriously, wild horses wouldn't be able to drag me into the sea or a river in Australia - for reasons of extreme fear!

Yep, the estimated length of the croc in question is certainly up for debate (some of the residents of Normanton think it's an old wives tale), but as long as the possibility still remains that the creature is a giant then I'm happy to entertain it.

Thanks for going to the trouble to put those pictures up. I hope the baby whale didn't get eaten!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

not while we were watching from the squirrel.

Many marine biologists think that the great whites actually follow the calving whale mothers to eat the placenta (afterbirth), rather than the actual baby whale - a free feed if you wish they don't have to hunt it down or kill it!

Makes a lot of sense if you think about it - maybe stillborn's might get eaten, it was the mothers frantic splashing with her fins and tail and that of the baby that drew our attention and led to the taking of the photos.

Is it just me or are my pics now missing?

Cheers
edit on 14/12/10 by ianmoone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ianmoone1
Many marine biologists think that the great whites actually follow the calving whale mothers to eat the placenta (afterbirth), rather than the actual baby whale - a free feed if you wish they don't have to hunt it down or kill it!

Sounds lovely! And I've just pulled a goodfellas pizza out the oven too - I think I've lost my appetite!

I'm sure a whale placenta is packed full of protein, vitamins and minerals so it would be like Christmas for the shark if a pregnant whale popped one of those out. I'd never heard of that before. Odd - but interesting!

I can still see your pictures.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
I remember watching a film taken from a helicopter as it flew over an Australian beach. It was frightening to see that not yards from blissfully unaware swimmers there were huge saltwater crocodiles lying on the sea bottom. I had a quick look on youtube but I couldn't find it.

Seriously, wild horses wouldn't be able to drag me into the sea or a river in Australia - for reasons of extreme fear!

No need to worry about crocs or sharks in the Queensland ocean.
You are much more likely to be victim to a stone fish or sea wasp.

I found myself in the stinging embrace of a huge sea wasp at 16. As the lifesaver was busy saving my new friend who was in a panic from seeing this monster grab me, I was left to my own devices. Luckily I figured the jellyfish would value water more than food, and dragged it up towards the sand until it disengaged its 8' tentacles.

Survival was pretty iffy, that afternoon. The camp counselors on the Burleigh Heads Christian Youth Camp I was on claimed credit for me surviving, because even though they refused to get me to a hospital, and refused to let my room-mates bring me food or drink if I wouldn't come to the lunch-tent to get it myself, they did afterwards declare they'd prayed for me.

Christian youth camps taught me a lot about predators.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is pretty cool, I hope that it can be captured.

I liked Steve Irwin, just disapointed he was not more careful with a wife and kid to take care of.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join