It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery monster crocodile at large in Australia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
...well, i dont have to worry cuz i'm never going to aussieland... wont fly and the ocean is for lookin at, not getting into or onto...

...forgive my lousy math but 9meters is nearly 40 feet?... that cant be right...

...this thread made me recall the movie Black Water... was good but i'm kinda kinky like that... heres the link in case theres other kinkies out there...

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

And just say six for me

"Sucks", vs "Sex"

Forgiven but not forgotten
(regarding THAT six).

Tie me Kangaroo down, Sport. The great Australain Beastiality classic.

...but, on topic, that's a fearsome beast. If there's one, there'll be more. You guys are craaaaaazy!
edit on 12-12-2010 by aorAki because: beer spelling...must be Aussie beer....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Yeah!! Now let's go find the beast, tranquilize it, capture it, study it, kill it, dissect it, THEN say it was prob the last of it's kind at this size.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

1 meter = 3.280 839 895 feet x 9 =29.52 ft
Yep its sad they will kill this animal just for being a danger to people. As much fun as Ive had at Steves expense, he really was the one person for the job, it will be interesting to see who they send for food for this big animal.
Red Back, Red Back, Red Back is all I have to say, dangerous little pest but damn Good Beer!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
They won't kill it... They'll capture it and have Bindy Irwin riding it bareback around Australia Zoo selling popcorn.

cool find OP

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Kailassa

Alright Mate - (I mean mate as in the Australian usage, and not in the sense of pair-bonding.)

There is currently no reliable way of measuring crocodile age, although several techniques can be used to derive a reasonable guess. The most common method is to measure lamellar growth rings in bones and teeth - each ring corresponds to a change in growth rate which typically occurs once a year between dry and wet seasons.

PDUK

There is currently no reliable way of measuring crocodile age

My l mate the "original crocodile hunter" Malcolm Douglas (He was called Australia's crocodile hunter on 60 minutes or 4 corners in about 1962...some years before Steve Irwin was even born) who just died in a tragic vehicle accident on his broome crocodie farm recently, would disagre with you.

He always said aging crocodiles was dead easy - you just lift up their tail and look up their date! ;o)

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Tie me Kangaroo down, Sport. The great Australain Beastiality classic.

I hadn't heard that one..

And you do know most Aussies are fair dinkum and we booed louder than the kiwis at that ball..

BTW, in most water hear crocs are protected..
This fellow will be captured and moved if he's found near populated areas but hunted and killed if he attacks anyone..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

"Fair Dinkum" indeed mate, no worries there, it's all gentle jibing...we have a lot more in common than our differences, but keep your critters over there!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That is huge! Reminds me of Lake Placid

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Here's some cool pics and even a recipe for kebabs..

outbackcooking.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I would say an I.P.A. or two wouldn't go amiss either, both for the cooking and the cook!

Sometimes one line suffices.
edit on 13-12-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
it's a huge croc alright, used to go swimming at the river in normanton until saw a 4wd nearly get pulled into the water by a 2metre stingray, caught on a shark hook attached to its winch cable. gives me no doubt that monster crocs can exist around the area as well. lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

A crocodile this size is only in extremely remote places here in Australia. Steve Irwin and his mates would not be able to physically hold this beast!

We can find this creature these days with technology but lets leave it be in its natural enviroment!

Brown snakes are one of the most deadly in the world and are found here and are everywhere in the bush at the moment, along with Funnelweb spiders.

Great white sharks are moving closer to the coast and are seen regularly by fisherman in estuarys where they are not usually sighted due to the lack of food sources in the ocean.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

We can find this creature these days with technology but lets leave it be in its natural enviroment!

I agree. But surely it wouldn't hurt to trap it in a cage for a couple of hours so somebody could take some photo's and film? They could let it go afterwards. It would have to be a pretty big cage though I suppose.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

I agree. But surely it wouldn't hurt to trap it in a cage for a couple of hours so somebody could take some photo's and film? They could let it go afterwards. It would have to be a pretty big cage though I suppose.

Seriousy, I've seen them capture a 5 meter croc and that was hard enough..
This thing would weigh tons...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

And can you imagine the girth of the thing! It would probably be a good few metres around.

Wow! I'd love to see it in the flesh.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

And can you imagine the girth of the thing! It would probably be a good few metres around.

Wow! I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Not too close I bet..

I've seen a similar size great white shark and it's hard to believe how big it really is..
Like the girth and jaws are HUGE..
BTW, It was dead and on display...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at the probable discovery.

In World War 2, when Germany was defeated, the Americans and British forces kidnapped top 10 Nazi scientists to Australia. They were to conduct research and experiments for an indefinitely period of time. Till today, Australia's backyard (oceans) are heavily littered with nuclear waste by frequent undersea nuclear tests.

It's extremely sad why people keep blaming food and energy consumption for global (warming) climate instability. The real culprits are the ongoing weapons tests perpetrated by world governments.

The point is that genetic experiments on nature, animals and human beings may have been performed also; oversize, overgrown, weird animals, diseases new strains etc.

edit on 12 13 2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

In World War 2, when Germany was defeated, the Americans and British forces kidnapped top 10 Nazi scientists to Australia. They were to conduct research and experiments for an indefinitely period of time. Till today, Australia's backyard (oceans) are heavily littered with nuclear waste by frequent undersea nuclear tests.

It's extremely sad why people keep blaming food and energy consumption for global (warming) climate instability. The real culprits are the ongoing weapons tests perpetrated by world governments.

The point is that genetic experiments on nature, animals and human beings may have been performed also; oversize, overgrown, weird animals, diseases new strains etc.

edit on 12 13 2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

No mate..There's records of crocs that size in Australia well before they even split the atom..

But if I see a crock with two tails I'll remember what you said

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Oh No!!!
Youv'e discovered our secret army of teenage mutant ninja crocs!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join