It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Maslo

To equate not hitting someone with not helping them is the height of insanity.

Don't you get tired of making up excuses to rob and loot people at gun point?

edit on 11-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

Instead of paying taxes, how would you suggest we run the government.
Please be detailed. If it's a good idea, I'm all for it !

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Just to be clear:

The government used billions and billions of tax dollars to bail out banks and cover CEO bonuses, then jailed Mr. Snipes for trusting his accountants and underpaying his taxes?

The government used Mr. Snipes as a scapegoat, and to set a high profile example of what might happen if you screw up, under pay or otherwise mess up with the IRS?

Is that it? Do I get it?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Privatization is the worst idea for a democratic society.
If you're interested in a more nazi germany type society, it'll work great !

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Come on, man, As a veteran that has taken the oath, shouldn't you know better?
This is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. You do remember the Constitution, right?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

Come on, man, As a veteran that has taken the oath, shouldn't you know better?
This is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. You do remember the Constitution, right?

Privatization is the worst idea for ANY society?
Whether it be a true democracy, a democratic republic, etc..
Privatization is a bad idea.
To clarify

In common parlance a republic is a state that does not practice direct democracy but rather has a government indirectly controlled by the people. In the rest of the world this is known as representative democracy.

en.wikipedia.org...
The US is an indirect democracy. I think we're splitting hairs here.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I agree that privatization is a stupid idea... a joke. Mnemeth1 continually posts the same YouTube videos about privatization on many of his topics and continually fails to use any foresight as to the issues and problems that would arise with said privatization. Mnemeth1 is dreaming...
edit on 11-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by jfj123

I agree that privatization is a stupid idea... a joke. Mnemeth1 continually posts the same YouTube videos about privatization on many of his topics and continually fails to use any foresight as to the issues and problems that would arise with said privatization. Mnemeth1 is dreaming...
edit on 11-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the support

Yes I've run into his over dramatized, self-indulgent posts before.
mnemeth1 seems to be looking to screw with people as opposed to having a lively and logical debate. My concern is that when someone spews outright LIES and is not called out, people tend to accept those lies as truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

If you insist on being governed and are unable to govern yourself then surely a government run on donations would be far closer to the will of the people than a government that funds itself with a violent protection racket it calls taxes.

If most people have no problem with taxes as they stand today then most people will voluntarily donate their taxes to be used in a similar fashion to how the government is already spending them. Most people in this discussion feel giving to the less fortunate is important. If it suddenly becomes voluntary most people will still feel giving to the poor is important and will still give roughly the same amount of their income. I personally would still give to those less fortunate. I would also take the amount that's being used to fund killing people in illegal wars and spend it on feeding starving children in third world countries because that would bring me greater happiness.

Most people still give to charity on top of paying taxes. Giving to worthy causes is a characteristic that makes humans happy. A voluntary system wouldn't suddenly turn us all into uncompassionate monsters.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jontap
We are ONE NATION that looks out for all within, in the best way it can do. Such a system CANNOT BE WITHOUT COST.

That sounds just like gang talk. Gangs and their loyal gangsters operate exactly the same way. "Pay up or we will send men with guns to break your legs or kidnap you or kill you."

When the shake-down comes with a threat against your life, know that you are dealing with FREAKING EVIL!!! Make no mistake, income tax is immoral. It's called involuntary servitude, it's an enslavement, regardless of how anyone paints it.

So .. what about those caught within these gangland borders that don't want to play shake-down with the gangsters? What are we to do when these shake-down cronies won't leave us alone, those of us that don't want to play gangster games this way? Is there some place viable we can go live where the gangsters will leave us alone? Should we give up and run away and hide from them? Or is it time to fight back?

Personally, I think our numbers are now sufficient enough to overthrow these gangsters and abolish all gangland territories and free all the slaves. When these evil shake-down gangsters come looking for your ass, know that you have an inalienable right to defend yourself and your life against this immoral coercion, this involuntary servitude, and all their other gangster threats.

Down with all gangs and gangland territories. Rise up and rebel, slaves! Free the people, free the planet. Do it now before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

I agree that privatization is a stupid idea... a joke. Mnemeth1 continually posts the same YouTube videos about privatization on many of his topics and continually fails to use any foresight as to the issues and problems that would arise with said privatization.

The Governor of Pennsylvania, Ed Rendell put out for contract to maintain the Pennsylvania Turnpike, a Federal InterState Highway road.

A company in Spain picked up the contract to repair/manage the Federal Highway.

Privatizing saved the Federal Government/State from using funds to maintain it and the Company that picked up the contract THINKS they will make a profit when in all actuality they are losing money as the dollar is losing value faster than they are profiting.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh, I want to add this too: I thank all of those out there that are unemployed AND are creating a drain on the US government spending. Bless you all and your resistance efforts. Your refusal to pay income taxes AND to live off government handouts are doing more than I have been able to accomplish in helping to take down this evil gang that's hell bent on world domination. Bless you all for your sacrifice and efforts to help bring this big out of control gang to its knees. Now that it's on its knees, kick it in the head, ha, and maybe it will leave us all alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

I have worked all my life - have been out of work for over a year - and have never asked for one red cent!

Unlike others I prepared Gold/Silver/Savings

My investment has supported me quite fine - and I have been married for over 20 years, I
have 6 children, do the math on survival!

edit on 11-12-2010 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

One to add to the ATS Tax/NWO agents dedicated to our National destruction - intimidation friend - kiss my ars and come get some!

Oh - the wonder of it all! Enjoy hell, cause that is the only option for those who have given up their souls to enslave others.

Everything I said is correct - tax language is just that - a bunch of lawyer language to get around freedom and enslave every one of us! Cop-out once again and revealing yourselves for what you really are

Can you imagine a free soul actually supporting the taxation of a man and his trade?

Well - open your eyes because here is one - who supports slavery and false wars!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

We have Nazi Germany right now in this country, its called private-public partnerships. Subsidies, bailouts, government contracts, favorable regulations, regulations that hinder startups, regulations that cartelize industry, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc..

That is exactly what Mussolini said fascism was.

Of course, since you don't apply critical thinking to your replies, it's fairly pointless for me to point out the fact we don't actually have truly private industry in this country any more.

But keep on with your bad self, because soon we will not have a functional currency either - thanks government.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
reply to post by jfj123

If you insist on being governed and are unable to govern yourself then surely a government run on donations would be far closer to the will of the people than a government that funds itself with a violent protection racket it calls taxes.

Ok so let's talk about governing ourselves with absolutely no governmental system. How do you propose that will work? How would you enforce anything ? Please be detailed. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

We have Nazi Germany right now in this country, its called private-public partnerships.

Another one of your grossly over exaggerated statements. I'm shocked you still haven't learned not to make such absurd statements yet. So many have come back to bite you and make you look silly.

Subsidies, bailouts, government contracts, favorable regulations, regulations that hinder startups, regulations that cartelize industry, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc..

I agree that many of these things can be and are bad however, that doesn't compare to nazi germany.

That is exactly what Mussolini said fascism was.

um no.
Regulations are necessary. There is a difference between necessary regulation and OVER-regulation.
Your black and white world does not serve you well.

Of course, since you don't apply critical thinking to your replies, it's fairly pointless for me to point out the fact we don't actually have truly private industry in this country any more.

Another one of your completely false statements. There is plenty of deregulated, private industries throughout the US. But please feel free to continue making an utter fool of yourself with these nonsense statements
You are very entertaining

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Name one.

Name an industry that is not regulated.

Name an industry that is free to pay its workers whatever it feels is appropriate for their skills.

Name an industry that government does not buy things from.

Name an industry that doesn't have lobbyists in Washington.

Go ahead, try.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There are two things in life you can't get escape.

Death and taxes. Sooner or later, they both catch up with you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Name one.

Name an industry that is not regulated.

You're obviously missing my point.

Are you suggesting that there should be absolutely no regulations for anything, anywhere, for any reason? YES or NO?

Name an industry that is free to pay its workers whatever it feels is appropriate for their skills.

There really isn't because that would be either slavery or indentured servitude. Are you in favor of slavery?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join