It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Falling Fireballs filmed over Santa Monica

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Somehow I doubt that was the only thought out of Bill Nye's goof ball cranium and more like what the news people wanted for their news cast. I.m not saying the news made that up I just don't think that was in any way off the cuff reporting and the only thought he had on the subject . Our local news people are hardly more than robots spewing out what they want you to perceive instead of what is probably the real story [ usually contradictory to associated Police Reports eyewitnesses etc ] Main stream media is a pretty big joke these days when it comes to reality I think.

One station is so into their own spiel that the General manager goes on camera for a 5 minute rant every Sunday evening about whatever is up his rear at the time, dude is one of those Pat Riley slick backed hair guys who wears elevator shoes since he's about five foot nothing, its pretty creepy.

Anyway good thread, I found it pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yes... I have to admit that there was a lot of banter back and forth that didn't do much, and many people didn't respond to arguments... but the real mobilization to find the truth was in the Santa Monica group I set up through FB or YT. And it was good-old GoogleAlerts that gave me the minute by minute with people posting about the sightings... and this is how I could post the findings of the RED BULL team so quickly after it hit the web. Moral of the story... there are mysteries out there, and to find the truth you can't just listen to the "experts" such as Bill Nye "the science guy" who proposed I doctored my video by superimposing sea-monkeys into my film. We... the curious citizens of the internet are the engine. Authority is not found through titles or degrees but through ability. I searched for multiple angles, and witnesses and worked with a number of people to see what was what. It all paid off at the end. I learned a lot about how to be effective with investigation. FIrst and foremost... don't waste your time with people who are disinterested in helping, and encourage those who are to do so. Each person can bring something of value, but they have to feel compelled to. This is why curiosity is the greatest motivator. Anyway... thanks for the experience so far ATS... got some other mysteries that I have been on for a number of years, and it will be good to get them going here on ATS when the time is right
If alternative thoughts or info come up on the subject of the SILVER SURFER UFO video... please keep me up to date!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
With Bill Nye and Manu Ginobili involved, and this taking place in Santa Monica, also generally corresponding with the release of the Battle for Los Angeles trailer (which is quite good if you haven't seen it...

... I'm ready to chalk this up to another viral marketing campaign.

Who's with me?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Astro Man

Point being... we HAVE "explained why you all think you saw the same thing" and your statement that "There is absolutely nothing here to analyze" is incorrect. People have been working on triangulation through video analysis and trying to corroborate location and details with witness testimony since the events started.

Where? Not on this thread. Would you mind sharing some of the data on this forum? So far you have not provided any of the following information on this thread:

Exact time of each sighting
Exact location of each observer
Exact compass bearing of each object
Exact elevation of each object
Exact duration of each sighting
Descriptions of ambient noise, etc.

Let me get the ball rolling here. The videos seem to be taken around sunset; this is what would have been in the sky:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ae0bb509f28.jpg[/atsimg]

To jesuschristsr: at around 11.00 PM, Jupiter was just setting. That's probably what you saw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdc1a2b70671.jpg[/atsimg]

Courtesy Sky View Cafe

Heavens Above is a much better sight in terms of data, but Sky View has a simpler graphic style for posting here. With the relevant information (ie; exact time) Heavens Above can show the location of major satellites like the ISS.
edit on 16-12-2010 by DJW001 because: Edit to fix embedding.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Somebody on You Tube said that this is video of the Red Bull skydiving team. Just read that in the comments section of the You Tube page.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by The Astro Man

Point being... we HAVE "explained why you all think you saw the same thing" and your statement that "There is absolutely nothing here to analyze" is incorrect. People have been working on triangulation through video analysis and trying to corroborate location and details with witness testimony since the events started.

Where? Not on this thread. Would you mind sharing some of the data on this forum? So far you have not provided any of the following information on this thread:

Thanks for the work you provided in your last post... and I truly mean that. Doing something to come closer to the truth is awesome. But in-fact if you read my posts and those of others, you would have seen...

1) The link posted by "Uncinus" who has been working on the project with a few of us at ContrailScience where he analyzed generated a detailed description and triangulation of approximate altitudes, sizes and locations of the objects.

2) The link I provided to the Facebook group that was being used to mobilize witnesses in the local area.

3) That we cracked the case, and that most people are satisfied that the objects... filmed from multiple points of view, were DEFINITELY not Jupiter (did you watch the videos?)... and in-fact were caused by the Red Bull Air Force doing jumps.

Anyway... I thank you for your input with the SkyMaps... I just had to defend the fact that those of us working on this mystery, were working.

So I think we have solved the mystery... and what I shot was NOT Jupiter... was NOT sea-monkeys as Bill Nye said on television... and were in-fact UFO's until the group cracked the case and identified the objects.

I will post my video again... now for an additional viewing. Read through all the links... as the investigation was pretty fascinating. Definitely include me in any mystery you need some extra research on. I am always interested in helping out with interesting investigations.

With friendship

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join