It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Falling Fireballs filmed over Santa Monica

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I just noticed that San Antonio Spurs NBA star Manu Ginobili's UFO sighting was the same one that I filmed in my SILVER SURFER UFO video... so now we have three angles on Dec 1st objects, and five angles on the Dec 8th objects!

edit on 10-12-2010 by The Astro Man because: fixing video link

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice work your doin with this trying prove your claims...
I wish you would have stayed away from "silver surfer" connotations but whatev

Screw you Bill Nye

thats why I always like Beakman's World better anyways...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astro Man

Hi C.H.U.D. and thank you for your thoughts. I value your standpoint and completely agree with you from a general standpoint. Although I feel that I too a good amount of experience observing the sky, I don't claim to know what the objects were. I do however hold the opinion that these were NOT typical planes or contrails. They just didn't look or act anything like the typical traffic in the sky... even for objects at sunset at a distance.

Hi Astro Man,

My pleasure, and thank you also for your reply/replies.

I perhaps should have stated first, that it's my (strong) opinion that these are probably conventional aircraft/contrails, but I could be wrong. However, I'm even more sure that whatever they are, they are in our atmosphere, and they are definitely not comets, meteors/fireballs or anything entering our atmosphere.

I would not call myself an investigator by the way, although when push comes to shove I will research... especially if something perks my interest. I prefer to think of myself as an observer.

I feel that rather than question my personal ability to judge the distance and type of object...

That's just it... I am not questioning your personal ability at all (sorry if that is what you thought). It is something that is hard wired in all our heads (or the vast majority). It's more a case of everyone makes the same mistakes, because that is just the way we are. No one is immune, but an experienced observer will know all the pit-falls that we have in-built into our senses and will realize that they can't always trust their own senses.

I was lucky to discover this fairly early on, but there are many here on ATS who either choose to ignore it or who are totally unaware of it. I recommend that you look into it more if you have not already. U2U me if you need any help sourcing info on the subject (it's not easy to find good info on the net regarding this subject, as most of it lies in papers that you need to pay for to see), but try and find a BBC documentary on the subject called "Horizon - Is seeing believing?" which is a great introduction to the subject.

Hope that helps you make a bit more sense of the whole topic and what you saw. Good luck Astro Man

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I just noticed that San Antonio Spurs NBA star Manu Ginobili's UFO sighting was the same one that I filmed in my SILVER SURFER UFO video... so now we have three angles on Dec 1st objects, and five angles on the Dec 8th objects!

That's good news. Hopefully there is enough distance and overlap between the sightings that you can triangulate the actual position of the objects.

Have you checked heavens-above.com to rule out ISS passes over the area for the Dec 8th objects?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here is the news clip with the voices in sync:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thank you for your post C.H.U.D. Hope we can find out what these things were... I am just curious. I must say though... Bill Nye saying my video was fabricated or had Sea-Monkeys superimposed in the footage as a possibility. Not very scientific
They ignored that fact that either event might be able to be triangulated due to multiple perspectives.

Anyway... thanks again for you input.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alebuddha

Nice alebuddha! Thanks for uploading a proper sync of the audio and video.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

ANOTHER VIEW ... DRIVING ON THE 10

Driving West on the 10 freeway on December 8th. Here is another angle. Although you can't quite see how these things were behaving - they were erratic in movement. First looking like a plane exploded, then looking like a meteorite, finally looking like two missiles. Can't believe Santa Monica airport or LAX did not suspend flight traffic. After this, I believe we don't have any security in place for a surface to air missile attack. No official response even after so many videos are showing up. Who wants to fly when this can happen without so much as a murmur? This was very weird and unnerving to witness. And to all the doubters ... it wasn't a plane, it wasn't a skydiver and it wasn't brine shrimp or whatever that tool said. The video does not do it justice, but you can get the idea.

edit on 11-12-2010 by GiantCraziness because: bad link

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Astro Man

decent video

the more the angles the more the skeptics have stayed away with their contrails talk...

seems like videos are popping up everywhere on the incident...
bill nye hopefully feels like a fool....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That's strange! On the same night I saw something similar in Atascadero California. It was around 11:00pm and I went outside to smoke a cigarette. To the west of me there was a bright yellowish fiery light hovering over a mountain. At first I thought it might me a plain coming towards me with its landing lights on or something but it stayed in basically the same position for over 20 minutes. Then it slowly looked like it was dropping down behind the mountain over where the ocean would be. At the time I thought it was strange but didn't really even think about it again until I saw the videos. Now I wish I would have recorded it with my camera. It didn't really strike me as a UFO or a craft.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GiantCraziness

Nice post GiantCraziness!!! More videos coming in... this is going to rock! We will have tons to work with... we will get some answers
Thank you for you post!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antibren

the more the angles the more the skeptics have stayed away with their contrails talk...

None of the videos or anecdotal reports seem to be of the same thing. They don't even appear to be taking place at the same time or on the same date. There is absolutely nothing here to analyze. That's why the silence. You're getting worked up over an amalgam of contrails, navigation lights, perhaps a meteor and in one case almost certainly Jupiter. You still haven't explained why you all think you saw the same thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by antibren

None of the videos or anecdotal reports seem to be of the same thing. They don't even appear to be taking place at the same time or on the same date. There is absolutely nothing here to analyze. That's why the silence. You're getting worked up over an amalgam of contrails, navigation lights, perhaps a meteor and in one case almost certainly Jupiter. You still haven't explained why you all think you saw the same thing.

Hi DJW001. Thank you for your post. By posting my VIDEO ON YOUTUBE, and there being an active community discussing the event in Santa Monica, I have received tons of e-mails. Many people independently posted their videos of the events (there were two Dec 1st & 8th), and some were encouraged to do so due to seeing my video or the news report on KNBC CH4. The fact of the matter is that each person has testified to the location, date and time of their recording (most by referring to the e-stamp created by their digital device). Also... I have asked each person to upload the original video file of each video to me, so I could confirm the data myself. Most have.

I have ONLY posted the videos that I could confirm by...

1) Location
2) Date
3) Time

WIth that said... I can assure you that I can identify the location, time and date of each video. People are getting confused because they think all the footage is of ONE event. But in reality there are three videos of the December 1st event, six videos of the December 8th event... and if you read the comments on my original YouTube video, you will hear the testimony of many witnesses who didn't film the events, but saw them and searched YouTube for some confirmation.

Point being... we HAVE "explained why you all think you saw the same thing" and your statement that "There is absolutely nothing here to analyze" is incorrect. People have been working on triangulation through video analysis and trying to corroborate location and details with witness testimony since the events started. People are even going to be out next Wednesday to film from multiple vantage points in Santa Monica on the off chance that the phenomena re-occures.

Hope that helps a bit my friend. Either way... it is still a mystery what these things were... but I hope to find out. Thank you for your contribution, and if you want to help, just start trying to debunk people's theories or start supporting your own. That is what we are all here to do... contribute. Happy to have you on board.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

None of the videos or anecdotal reports seem to be of the same thing (or rather the same two things, which were very similar events). They don't even appear to be taking place at the same time or on the same date. There is absolutely nothing here to analyze. That's why the silence. You're getting worked up over an amalgam of contrails, navigation lights, perhaps a meteor and in one case almost certainly Jupiter. You still haven't explained why you all think you saw the same thing.

I think they are the same thing, I've done a bit of analysis and I can't find any major differences. They all point to the same region of the beach, and the same altitude (1000-2000 feet), and fall speed (about 35 feet/sec or 25 mph)

contrailscience.com...

I don't know what it is though. Something with a flare attached, that's my best guess. And not a simple parachute, as it moves horizontally faster than the wind.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I will offer a recap of the current information on the unknown objects...

UPDATE: There are now multiple angles of footage on both December 1st and December 8th of STRANGE FALLING FIREBALLS over Santa Monica.

WE HAVE
Footage by multiple witnesses
Footage from multiple vantage points
Footage from two different dates
Footage with electronic time, date and location metadata

EVENT ONE - December 1st, 2010 5:09pm

Angle #1 - SILVER SURFER UFO (My original film that aired on CH4 NEWS)...

Angle #2 - San Antonio Spurs NBA star Manu Ginobili's UFO sighting...

Angle #3 - Another mobile phone next to Manu Ginobili...

Angle #4

EVENT TWO - December 8th, 2010 5:25pm

Angle #1

Angle #2

Angle #3

Angle #4

Angle #5

Angle #6

CH4 TELEVISION FOOTAGE (Bill Nye said I might have put "brine shrimp" which are SEA-MONKEYS in my video somehow... that is hillarious!!!!!)

READ MY OFFICIAL CHALLENGE TO BILL NYE "THE SCIENCE GUY" HERE

SANTA MONICA DAILY PRESS COVERAGE
READ THE ARTICLE

HELP INVESTIGATE
FACEBOOK GROUP
YOUTUBE PAGE
TWITTER PAGE

edit on 13-12-2010 by The Astro Man because: To add another video

MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT OF THE SILVER SURFER VIDEO
I just barely managed to capture two strange objects falling from the sky Wednesday December 1st at dusk in Santa Monica CA. Because of all the talk of the supposed missile or UPS plane contrail off the coast of Southern California, I was surprised to see what I saw. There were strange contrails coming off of the objects... which seemed like light of fire. They were shocking to behold... truly. Jaw dropping. I have no idea what they were that night, and I was very lucky to be able to capture the moment of footage that I did (and it turns out other captured film too).

The film does not do the experience justice, as when my wife and I saw the objects... it was really spectacular. Someone in a car even stopped to watch next to us. Anyway... just wanted to show you and maybe find out if anybody else had seen these object that night.

THE ORIGINAL SILVER SURFER UFO VIDEO as seen on CH4 KNBC News...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a recent news article about one of the sightings...

CLICK HERE

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Case Closed? Was the SILVER SURFER UFO actually the RED BULL AIR FORCE?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
the "silver" lining to this one unfortunately being explained??

Have a guess???

Not one of the skeptics was actually right...

yall said contrails till you were BLUE in the face....

hahah nice try "experts"

and to the OP hey at least RedBull used your term SilverSurfer for their vid...
and Yes as we all concluded Bill Nye is an Idiot
edit on 14-12-2010 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
Not one of the skeptics was actually right...

yall said contrails till you were BLUE in the face....

Hey, I said "Something with a flare attached". It was pretty obviously not a contrail.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

well i didnt go through at relook at every post....I just remembered most said contrail....

well Star for you and good Job!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join