It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

The issue I have is theyre hurting others as collateral damage in their attacks, innocent people that could care less about this...
Sounds like terrorisim to me...

Sounds like America when they invade another country to me… but of course, we're being extreme in our comparisons, aren't we? Be careful how you define terrorism, or you may find your countrymen and government painted with the same brush. Just because GWB liked the word does not mean it applies to EVERYONE who negatively impacts your life.

Gods, next thing you know the US Postal Service will be terrorists, because there was a delay in receiving your cheques.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have an ebay shop and a website , and my website uses paypal as the payment gateway. For some people the paypal gateway is the only option for your website as other gateways like Nochex want you to pass a credit check first before you can be signed up to use them for business, and not everyone can !
I've had no trouble with paypal this week - it must just be an issue for a minority ??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

absolutley unbelievable

i hope your bussiness doesnt suffer greatly

now my opinion on this issue

this IS the fault of " anon " and NOT paypal

anyone who thinks otherise please tell me what happended to paypals freedom to refuse to support wikilieaks

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Knowledge is power. WL and Assange have given us the information, (as has been previously stated on this thread) it is now up to everyone to ensure that the wrong doing halts. The world is not enrirely populated by children...and our so-called democratic governments appear to have forgotten (a very long time ago) that they are our representatives...not our dictators.

We are living in an age of corporatism. No-one votes for board members but they dictate to our elected represenatives. Benito Mussolini called this fascism.

Instead of griping about Anon's action against paypal the op should be removing their source of income from paypal. It is the only ethical and morally correct action to take.

The issues that WL are exposing are extremely serious in nature. Corruption at the top of our establishments that is trickling down and infiltrating every aspect of our lives. I suspect that when the banking info is released we will all comprehend that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I know where I am, that sellers still have the option of offering payment by direct debit or money order.
It's the only way I buy anything these days. I really wouldn't be able to say how the sellers get away without paying the tythe to the beast. I'll ask the next seller I buy anything from. You've got me curious now!

(About the star thingy, not sure what's going on there. Theres a star above that post that you responded to , so it must've gone through. Thanks by the way.
)
edit on 9-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Kennit

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

The issue I have is theyre hurting others as collateral damage in their attacks, innocent people that could care less about this...
Sounds like terrorisim to me...

Sounds like America when they invade another country to me… but of course, we're being extreme in our comparisons, aren't we? Be careful how you define terrorism, or you may find your countrymen and government painted with the same brush. Just because GWB liked the word does not mean it applies to EVERYONE who negatively impacts your life.

Gods, next thing you know the US Postal Service will be terrorists, because there was a delay in receiving your cheques.

Errrm, that's a crappy analogy though isn't it? What if a postie delayed your mail or destroyed it because (even though it's from a legitimate organisation), the postie didn't agree with their policies to other organisations? So let's say you receive a cheque from your government/tax centre/whatever, but your postie is opposed to them and burns the cheque...... you happy? Surely that is a closer analogy?

link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Ancient Champion

no they dont... they terminated their account with WL because the US Gov made them...

where is the freedom in that?

Any company in the USA has the right to refuse business with anyone.

Yes they do... however paypal did not refuse to do business with WL...

THEY WERE FORCED BY THE US GOV!

Get it? That is not freedom... they did not have a "choice"...

www.theregister.co.uk...
edit on 9-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Anon saved me from credit card fraud. Someone tried to use my debit card to buy something through Paypal and it didn't go through, because the system crashed. Wells Fargo warned me before I lost any money

edit on 9-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I understand the concept that anytime information is released to help the good of the world (whatever your definition of that is) the good suffer with the bad. The part that this "hacker" group doesn't realize (or maybe they do realize it, and they don't care) is that by bringing down corporate websites, and services that the general public depend on to conduct their businesses, and many parts of their everyday life they are actually plotting the general public against them instead of gaining more supporters.

If PayPal’s website, and/or services are brought down what has really been accomplished in the eyes of the general public? What you have actually done is disrupt the business of thousands –maybe millions- of people who use PayPal's processing, or who use Visa, Master Card, or whatever the service might be. These people are not going to support your group, your cause, or anything because you disrupted their lives, possibly hurt them monetarily, and in their eyes it was not justified. The moral ramification of using PayPal or any other services are only subjectively relevant by those who deem their business practices immoral, unjust, or unethical. The general public does not stand behind this. How do I know they don’t stand behind this? They are using the service to conduct their personal business.

The only way to justify disrupting the lives of millions of people is to show totally unbiased, indisputable truth that the general public can read, and understand, and adapt to their own lives. What does bringing down companies like Master Card, Visa, and PayPal mean to the general public? How will they view these actions? How can they relate the information you’re feeding them to their own lives? Actions against anything have to mean something personal to everyone for acceptance. There has to be understanding across the board that the general public (you, me, your neighbor) can relate to. They have to have complete understanding of the situation, or it will just look like another terrorist group attacking well known organizations without merit. In turn this will turn people against you. You may actually even loose some of the people who initially supported your cause.

I’m not passing judgment as I am in no position to claim that I know the severity of the entire situation. I’m simply stating a fact. The truth does not matter regardless of what immoral or unethical practices are exposed if the people are not behind you. Disrupting the lives of thousands to millions of people is a great way to turn your supporters as well as the rest of the world against you when the popular reason as to why business was interrupted is due to the fact that the companies involved froze accounts because of suspected illegal activity, or what they believe to be a violation of TOS. Whether the popular belief is true, or not does not matter because it is what people know. People follow what is presented to them in a clear concise manner, and follow what they understand. People put faith in what they use, and know.

Disrupting lives of innocent people will only hurt you in the end when the only reason they see is personal to you, and has no meaning in their lives when these companies are telling them that you violated their TOS agreement. The general public puts faith in the corporations they deal with; they trust that company, and could possibly be a loyal customer. They were told you were conducting illegal activity. Look to the past. Propaganda has won wars.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Poor you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Coldblood a member of the group Anonymous gives an interview to BBC and discusses the effects it is having on others .

New - Coldblood of Anonymous Interview

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

My personal condolences on the damage to your business flow. Being in business myself, I would be just as angry as you are if I used Paypal as my only source of collecting revenue. Much of this is a fault of the computer industry itself. If paypal had a good IT department, and management that listened. They would have had a contingency plan for just this sort of thing. Same goes with any business, big or small. The industry itself does not help individuals or business understand the need for redundancy and contingency plans. I have consulted several businesses on this who had all their eggs in one basket. And some of them will now survive this because they had a plan to overcome it quickly and easily. Obviously, that doesn’t help you right now though.
As to these being kids. That may be the official story. But I’m not sure I buy it. Seems like someone and something else is behind all this. Not just kids.

Somehow, after all this passes, the American people will suffer for it as a whole, under the guise of increased security to “prevent this in the future”. Kind of like it was all planned that way from the beginning. Just my cynical side coming through though.

I hope you get back up and running quickly. And holding paypal responsible might not be a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
dun goofed up, huh?

Consequences will never be the same, ya know.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Really? This group that is supporting the rights of free speech and press, are now bad because YOU felt some heat from the attacks?
How many countries have killed hundreds of innocent people, yet we still support them.
How many banks have derailed lives and put people on the street, yet we still support them.
How many media outlets lie to our faces and hide the truth, yet we still support them. Funny that most people support the big corporations that have banners and pretty name tags that do evil things under the guise of security, yet the people who attack those that do evil, get looked bad because they do in a tough way.

I support their cause full on, all the way, double rainbow!

Sucks that you missed some income, but trust me you'll be just fine.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Then this is the luckiest day of your life.

Wake up, smell the roses and be grateful for all the things that don't cost money.

I'm loving this.

The more you have, the more you can lose. If you cannot prepare for the bad times and accept them when they come, then only expecting good times is unrealistic.

C'est la vie.

No doubt.

How's the saying go?

All is fair in love and war?

Yep,
Something like that... lol

Look man,
Get over it.

Getting bent isnt going to help any..

especially over some fake BS paper/e-money.

The Universe is making this happen!

Not ANON, Not WL, not GOV.

but the Universe!

and it doesnt make mistakes!
So again..
Get over it.

Your little problem here is nothing compared to the situations half of the worlds people are in right now.

This is nothing!
Do you understand?
Nothing.
[no, you don't understand, i know]

did I mention...
You need to get over it?

As america screams..
"Give us The Truth!~ but only if it doesn't affect me personally"

edit on 9-12-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Get it? That is not freedom... they did not have a "choice"...

Actually there is always a choice. People here on ATS also made their choice to represent justice and truth. Assange also made his choice to step out from the shadows, right into the crosshair.

Only spineless people can't make the right choice. Humans can.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Sorry but you should find a better company to do your business through.

I'm sure the Allies' business during WW2 put a lot of Germans out of work. I can't say I'm really that sympathetic in these situations. I've been waiting for the system to start buckling for a while now anyway. Things need to change.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well... that is where the real issue comes in. You think security in airports, and other areas of the US are bad now. Just wait.

Attacks like this will create heightened internet security, filtering, screening, etc. It won't just be at your local airport anymore.

www.businessinsider.com...

^^ That's just the beginning, and problems like what is going on now just speeds up the process.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

My IT department have been on a bridge call for over 2 hours with Paypal, they are stating they aren't responsible as it's an attack on their servers.

They haven't given me a time frame of when the issue will be resolved.

~Keeper

Paypal is responsible. They decided to bow to government pressure to stop freedom of speech, to eliminated the rights of American citizens and to censor political freedoms.

You are da** right they are responsible. Also, I can't really feel bad for someone that is making thousands of dollars per hour losing a few of those dollars. I understand the irritation, but there is a much greater issue here than you and paypal. If you don't get it, then you should be ashamed. This is an attack upon the constitution, the bill of rights, the rights of man, which are indeed inalienable.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So go ahead and call me ignorant because I admit that I really don't know much about all this and how it works. However, after reading through this thread and all the mounting news in the past week...this all seems 'off'.

How in the world could a bunch of 'kids' be able to cause so much damage? Is the entire infrastructure of our country really so fragile? If nothing else, this should be a BIG eye opener to how much fantasy our economy really is. We could be brought to a standstill if anyone really powerful wanted us to. Maybe they do?

To me, this doesn't seem like the act of some computer freedom geeks out to prove a point. I have always thought that if a terrorist group wanted to really make an impact, they wouldn't just bomb a building but mastermind a way to destroy us from the inside out. Take out those support posts and the building will fall.

I don't think calling this a terrorist attack is going too far at all. Think about it. If Mastercard, Visa, Paypal and God knows what else can be halted this easily and suposedly no one can stop it, what else can they do? Terrorist work through fear. Who is really behind this and where will it stop?

I just see this and other things that have happened recently as different pawns on the same board. Hopefully we are not headed for a check-mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join