It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I would love to see the reactions of those people who are telling me to suck it up and quit whining if their lives were at stake instead of mine and my children's.

Luckily I'm a smart business owner......

If you and your children's lives are at stake because you used paypal then regardless of what may get you out of your predicament, calling yourself a "smart business owner" is a little wrong imo.

I'm glad you might have found a solution and hope you and your kids get to have another happy xmas with the usual trimmings.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

You might want to take into account WHY they are doing what thier doing. Thier attacking paypal because the refuse to do business with someone because they dont agree with thier political and ethical stance. PayPal are supposed to be neutral not taking sides on censorship.

Dont get me wrong, iv had my own problems with paypal the last couple of days and its a pain in the arse. But i dont blame Anno for it. PayPal need to be put in thier place, if hopes that they will think twice before getting involved in political issues that dont concern them.

Im looking into new ways to manage my online finances other then using paypal. I dont like the idea of doing business with a company that picks and chooses who it deals with as and when it feels like it. Its a perfect example of a company thinking its an authority, doesnt work like that, paypal is a business just like any other and needs to be put in its place.

My advice to you my friend would to be boycott paypal and use other payment meothrds. Just to keep your transactions going if nothing else.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If it's hurting your business, then invent yourself instead of complaining. Start to use something else. In your place I wouldn't make dealings with PayPal anymore.

Although if your business is depending only on PayPal, without any alternatives, your business sucks as it is. Any good, reliable business is capable to operate without PayPal as they usually have at least four alternatives (Other then PayPal, Visa and MasterCard).
edit on 9-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Oh my, how sad you are. To think you compare yourself to the soldiers, farmers and business men who fought in the revolution and died on empty fields, in prison camps or had their limbs torn off by cannonball. You sit in your bedroom in your underwear like Homer Simpson, press a button and think you are a warrior so you go out and celebrate with a Slurpee. You are not a warrior because you have nothing to lose by entering the fight. You are anonymous. Your grandeur lives only in your mind. It is easy to be anonmous on the internet, therefore it is easy to be brave since you have nothing to lose. You strike a blow and expect no one to strike back, You are not on the front lines. You are in the background like an insignifcant little spec who has nothing better to do than get in the way. You want to show you have guts? Download the file, post where it is at, give your name, give your address, tell people who you are. Until then, you are nothing but a coward. It is easy to take a stand if no one can see where you are hiding. And if something bad happens to you, you can always ask your mommy to kiss the boo-boo and make it better.

I will tell you what you are doing. You are killing freedom on the internet. The minutes this hits Wall Street or our national defense system, the internet will come tumbling down. You will wake up one morning and find you are unable to get on site and must sit and watch your Oprah and Jerry Springer instead of browsing the lastest news. Your will be fed what TPTB want to feed you. And, you will not have the courage to fight back. You will not have the courge to stand and be identified. You will run and grab your mommy's apron and ask her to make it all better.

When the internet closes, to log back on, you will be required to enter a password issued by the federal government or by some other government of the world (perhaps the NWO). Those will not be that easy to get. You will not be able to go to other sources because the door will be locked without the issued ID that the governement of the WORLD will be able to identify. There will not be a back door. Your anonymity will be gone. They will know where your computer is at. They will know where you are at. You post something that the NWO does not want to see and you will be banned for life. Then, they may cart you off to one of the FEMA camps that people deny exist. You will know firsthand if they exist or not.

Yes, my little cowards, you are ending freedom in this country.

This has to be the MOST ridiculous post in this entire thread. I know how far out some house slaves will do to support their masters, even if they do it ignorantly, but the pathetic reason of being able to shut down and shut off EVERYONE from the net is utterly BS of the worst fear mongering kind.

Who uses the net?

Consumers.

WIthout consumers, do you think COMMERCE can thrive?

To shut down the net would be to revert back to olden days of commerces - donkey laden goods, masted ships because oil will be expensive. When trade grinds to a halt to its speed, economies will suffer, and then..where will taxes comes from?

Robbed from the citizens such as Burma tried to do with its dictatorships? Even that authoritarian state could not do without the internet. It can censor, but it cannot stop the net. No one can unless they are prepared to throw mankind back to the stone age.

And lets look at Americans. You think the gun carrying freedom loving crowd gonna just roll over and let dictators ruled them. If you think that, then you are certainly no american by birth or a deluded one.

Any talk of stopping the net or giving limited access is uttter rubbish. Try it out and within months, we will only go back to the stone age.

Think again and stop the fear mongering over what EVERY human should do on their own free will and stand on, if not for themselves, it will be for their loved ones and future generations to come.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Whats the point of owning a business when everything will be state owned in the next few years anyways. I mean, I feel sorry that you are the new civilian casualty in this cyber war, but it's just money... at least so far it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If people are smart, people will use this unfortunate situation as a learning curve and make real offline preparations for their businesses to keep functioning, in a worst case scenario. It's Anon today, tomorrow the net could be taken out by the government or compromised where it might effect YOU or ME.

Incidentally, Paypal often has problems. It's not like it was totally without hold ups and a perfectly functioning well oiled machine before this attack. I closed my account ages ago because of hassles and hold ups. On Ebay, I only deal with sellers with a direct debit or money order option.
I'm so happy that Paypal is out of my life for good.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow with these attacks ..it is just what the government wanted!!!! " Ok guys the Internet is being attacked!!!(Just like we predicted...) Lets pass the Cyber Security Bill!!!"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ANON sounds like a spook agency thus making them not Anonymous.

Problem Reaction Solution False Flags.....the model seems to be successful time and time again. Even when it is identified for what it really is. When it is identified ....memetics and group think peer pressure engages and labels it Conspiracy Theory Nonsense.

Whomever invented Problem Reaction Solution knew what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

Whats the point of owning a business when everything will be state owned in the next few years anyways. I mean, I feel sorry that you are the new civilian casualty in this cyber war, but it's just money... at least so far it is.

I am honoured that you felt sorry for the supposed 'civilian casualties', just I had tried too. But in truth, there had been no civilian casualty. It's not like there are no other alternatives online to switch to.

Only the lazy and those grown too comfortable working within their comfort zones, blind and intentionally willfully ignorant of what's been happening, stood in the way for the struggle for freedom, had 'suffered'.

They had only proven themselves selfish, greed craven and unreasonable. Should I pity them? I honestly and sincerely do, for no matter what, they too are humans and my fellow brothers and sisters, only deluded and selfish. They can whine all they want but real men and women have a critical task to do now, and later, may they realised their errors and contribute to the greater humanity we all belong to.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

Why would the OP sue or file a lawsuit against Paypal, they're not the ones in the wrong, their a business doing what business are supposed to do make money. The one to sue or file a lawsuit against is the ones causing the disruptions. wikileaks is screaming for free speech, everyone needs to know this/that, ect, yet when a business choose to exercise their freedom to do or not do business with whoever it's " Oh no you can't do that." So what it comes down to does wikileaks support freedom or just their version of it?
If they support freedom that "They" should be the ones to find other business to support them.
If they only support "Their" version of freedom then you see what is happening now, attacking business that don't agree with them. So which is it?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Chance321 because: sp

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Actually PayPal is the wrong this time. They can't choose who their customer is, and they can't ban everyone because of some fanatics' political pressure. They also can't hold back any money from the customers, yet they're doing it (While they're making money from that money too as holding back money is generating some ammount of money to PayPal itself.).

So PayPal gone too far this time and they completely deserve what they get. If PayPal goes down because of this, I won't shed a tear because of them. Next time they're going to pick the good side, instead of tyranny.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I think you formulate the problem quite well: PayPal is only doing what a business should be doing and that is making money.

This is exactly why I wouldn't shed a tear for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Simple.

Tell Paypal you support WikiLeaks and Assange, that if they don't re-open WikiLeak's account, you will find another service and replace them.

This economy is supposed to be run by the "market" - so get on it - exercise your "buying power."

100% spot on comment. I would give a hundred stars if possible.

We have become like trained monkeys in a skinner box pressing a bar in order to get food.

This is all a part of the culling and so many who scream like chicken little now want the government to step in and stop those bad hackers who are trying to save you from the government.
The same government whose one interest is stepping in to protect corporate interests (while masquerading as "protecting main street").
People.... Wake up, our fascist, corporate-run government has so obviously been the problem the entire time.

People with paypal accounts.....
First learn a little sacrifice for the larger cause. Your enemy does and is winning and you are losing.

The one's who truly benefit are the large corporations. Always.

STOP DEPENDING ON THE GOVERNMENT. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND AND ONLY SEE YOU AS HUMAN CAPITAL. A HUMAN RESOURCE. CATTLE.

Stop falling for their obvious hegelian agenda.

"if a person does not have a set of morals that they are willing to die for then they are already dead"
-William Cooper RIP

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

The reason so many small businesses rely exclusively on PayPal and don't have a second online option is that PayPal doesn't cost you anything up front. The other payment gateways all charge you monthly fees. Some of them also require you to have a merchant account with a bank.

If you're a very small business, sometimes that monthly fee is more than you can cough up, especially when when you're first starting. I, for instance am a freelance web designer, and my income is VERY sporadic. If I had to pay a monthly fee I wouldn't be able to do it sometimes. And as for merchant account...yeah right.
So PayPal is the best online option.

Thankfully, since I am not selling shippable goods and there's no online order process for my customers to go through---it's web design, we negotiate by email/phone what the job entails and what the price will be---I can also have a customer 2 states away simply go buy a reload pack for a GreenDot or NetSpend card and send me the PIN, so I still get paid almost instantly though it's more hassle for them. Otherwise, the PayPal attack would be hurting me too. But I would lay the blame at PayPal's feet for getting involved in politics.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Paypal made a business decision and some script kiddies get their panties in a wad over it. So instead of protesting in a legal manner and making their voice heard, they perform cyber attacks on a financial institution that effectively hurts tens of thousands of other businesses who had nothing to do with the reasons these little pimple faced nerds are so upset over, and most of you think thats ok? Really?

Well, think about it like this. What if your mom baked a cake for a bake sale and it caused food poisoning to everyone who ate it. The kids who didn't even eat the cake but are mad cause one of their friends did get sick, get the idea to burn down her kitchen which effectively burns down the house, leaving you and your family with no place to live and possibly killing someone in the process. That is exactly what is happening. So all of you supporting these asshats, would you support the punks who burned your moms kitchen down too?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
So let me get this straight. Paypal made a business decision and some script kiddies get their panties in a wad over it. So instead of protesting in a legal manner and making their voice heard, they perform cyber attacks on a financial institution that effectively hurts tens of thousands of other businesses who had nothing to do with the reasons these little pimple faced nerds are so upset over, and most of you think thats ok? Really?

Well, think about it like this. What if your mom baked a cake for a bake sale and it caused food poisoning to everyone who ate it. The kids who didn't even eat the cake but are mad cause one of their friends did get sick, get the idea to burn down her kitchen which effectively burns down the house, leaving you and your family with no place to live and possibly killing someone in the process. That is exactly what is happening. So all of you supporting these asshats, would you support the punks who burned your moms kitchen down too?

You have the mentality of "Don't rock the Boat".

My guess is, you are a corporate bureaucrat, who comes from a long line of corporate bureaucrats.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry mate but if no one speak and take action about this illegal action from Paypal then you ,me and all the world people is next .You OP remember this statement from Nazi times ? :

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Amason is next ..go go go !!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Only one of two things could have occurred:
Paypal gives in to government pressures and cuts off funding for Wikileaks. ANON shuts them down.
or
Paypal stands up to the government, continuing to allow its users to donate to Wikileaks. The government shuts them down.

Your business would have been hurt either way.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how many of you out there that support WikiLeaks would like it if all of a sudden all of your personal emails, facebook messages, private IMs, myspace info, etc started to come up on a website for all to see? All of your personal messages, notes, private chats, photos became available for all to see? All in the name of "transparency"? And then to have it supported by PayPal or some other money transfer site. Wouldnt you wish to put pressure on that site to stop supporting it? PayPal has a right to deny service to whomever it wishes. Some of the material released by wikileaks should be kept secret. How many of you would jump for joy if our missile launch codes were posted and updated daily? How about our deplyed forces? Military strengths? What about bank accounts? More Top Secret materials that put our national security in jeoparody. Whats to stop WL from posting that if they got their hands on it? Why not China's secret cables? Or Russia's? Why arent they leaking their documents?

Its great that people think Wikileaks is doing something right, but, what is really doing? What has it done that was so revolutionoary? Would you like your private messages to your ex-bf/gf be all of a sudden available to be read by your spouse? What about your private emails about a co-worker or boss, being read by them? How would you like that? After all, apparently Wikileaks is all about transparency and not having secrets. Lets have all of your secrets and private messages out in the open for all of us to see, and have it being paid for with donations. Isnt it better for the "common good" to have all of your dirty laundry out for all to see? Lets have a Wikileaks for that. Just type in a name, email address, etc, and then have all of their secrets available for you to read in the comfort of your own home. Just think how much better we would all be!

Think, people. Think.

edit on 12/9/2010 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Personally rather than BLAME anon I'd start looking for a new avenue to collect and deploy payments for one.

For two have you really looked into paypal? And if so you know that they basically will not move money if they think its for a gun or even some tactical products, they work hand in hand with federal law enforcement, and are generally anti little guy in most of their business practices.

I know it sucks on a personal level but rather than BLAME anon for striking at a group that is by it's actions ACTIVELY hindering the free exchange of information and doing so after being asked to by the government. Why not look into an alternate methodology to accomplish your business needs through a company that is NOT an ACTIVE COLLABORATOR in the process of stealing our freedoms and trying to clamp down on information.

I don't want to sound callous or uncaring but Paypal deserves to be hit, and while it sucks for those that depend on paypal they should see this as a lesson. If you do business with groups that do dirty business when they get hit it will affect your bottom line as well. So even if you can't see the rationale of changing providers on moral grounds alone this should give you the needed encouragement to find a new provider for PRACTICAL reasons. While it's not your fault that Paypal shutdown wikileaks donation stream it is entirely your decision that keeps you with a company that is Anti freedom on many levels (this just being the most blatant and talked about Paypal Screwing of people).

CONCLUSION: So long story short Paypal very much DESERVES it and this should be encouragement to take your business elsewhere rather than keep supporting a company that is PART OF THE PROBLEM. Especially now that they are feeling the reprecussions of THEIR ACTIONS. It would be foolish to blame ANON for this in the extreme, and if you insist on doing so then you place yourself in the part of the problem camp not the part of the solution camp by default.

As a famous quote goes all that is required for EVIL to PREVAIL is for GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING. At this juncture you are doing Worse than nothing. You are ATTACKING and BLAMING a group that saw a wrong and took steps to FIGHT BACK. Wouldn't it be much more smart to place the blame on paypal? and find a company that isn't immoral and more or less completely on the side of big business and etc.
edit on 9-12-2010 by roguetechie because: editing

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join