It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal says it stopped Wikileaks payments on US letter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Visa faces Wikileaks legal threat

www.bbc.co.uk

Both companies are now facing the threat of legal action from the IT company that enables Wikileaks to accept credit and debit card donations.

Swiss-based Datacell said it would move immediately to try to force Visa Europe and Mastercard to resume allowing payments to the whistle-blowing website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Please review this link

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.

edit on 8-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Now then it looks like a revolt is in full swing. Just as wikleaks used the media to there full advantage, they will also use the letter of the law..
Thats why i think assange is in the uk atm, he planeed to be arrested here so he could use the law to his full advantage.
So Visa might well find htemselves in court over there action and this publicity is doing them no good at all..

kx

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Fantastic news. I love it. Thousands of people, in a thousand different ways, are taking action that will dismantle this tyranny.

Oh it's sooo sweet.

second

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Now then it looks like a revolt is in full swing. Just as wikleaks used the media to there full advantage, they will also use the letter of the law..
Thats why i think assange is in the uk atm, he planeed to be arrested here so he could use the law to his full advantage.
So Visa might well find htemselves in court over there action and this publicity is doing them no good at all..

kx

www.bbc.co.uk

I'm curious to know more about your point about why you think being in the UK is helpful to Assange.

second
edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I love how these arrogant knee-jerk reactions are backfiring on the US govt - Power to the PEOPLE - And I have to say one must question the intelligence of the US "intelligence community" for not predicting the hacktivist resonse, nor that the world is going to hold them accountable for their actions. The official tide is turning and the USG looking all the more monkey like for their illegal activities. K Rudd gave Assange Australia's backing, now Datacell are on the job with Visa and Mastercard.

All we want is a level playing field where TPTB back the f#&^ off and stop exploiting us through the hypocritical fascism of their plutocrisy. Go 4Chan, go ANON, don't stop until the war is won The people are behnd the truth!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BipolarSpaceMonkey

I love how these arrogant knee-jerk reactions are backfiring on the US govt - Power to the PEOPLE - And I have to say one must question the intelligence of the US "intelligence community" for not predicting the hacktivist resonse, nor that the world is going to hold them accountable for their actions.

I would like to repost a post that I made in another thread in response to this , because I am starting to seriously consider if they in fact did predict the hacktivist actions ..
----
There is only one little problem with this recent cyberwar . Don't get me wrong I am all behind the idea of it , but taking down companies like master card , paypal and other international companies that are used by millions of people to do their business on a daily basis will make one thing...

It will give all those people that are crying for more Internet oversight and Internet police allot of supporters .. I mean if normal uninvolved people get hit (as in I cannot use paypal ,I cannot use mastercard , i cant join this or that site) they will get angry , and the media will pick up on the public outcry (because media love a good hyped story) , and sooner than later we will get all kind of laws passed in order to "protect" the civilians ....

So this is a tricky situation , and if it is not handled carefully , might do more bad than good in the long run.

----

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Good news..I'm just surprised it took them so long..
I stated as soon as I heard about Paypal/Visa that to me it's illegal and appeared to be Big Business dishing out their own laws..
Wikileaks, Julian Assange and all customers have not been convicted of any crime.
So what gives companies the right to stop me, a customer, from transfering my money to Wikileaks??

I hope thousands of customers along with Wiki, sue the butts off these bullies..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The Uk prides itself on its high statue of law.. We tend to do things by the book with very few exceptions.
Maybe i am wrong but that is my perception anyway..

kx

link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The Uk prides itself on its high statue of law.. We tend to do things by the book with very few exceptions.
Maybe i am wrong but that is my perception anyway..

kx

link   
still don't believe the NWO and George Soros
is behind wikileaks??

Here's you more proof.

Datacell is prompting this lawsuit against this credit card company.

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is supporting wider penetration of internet services in Azerbaijan with a $4 million equity investment in Datacell JSC, a wireless broadband service that already serves the capital, Baku.

www.skyscrapercity.com...

Now guess who owned 53% of the stock of EBRD in 2005 ???

George Soros !!!

George Soros is known to have lost $2 billion in the 1998 Russian financial crisis. In his Crisis of Global Capitalism published afterwards George Soros writes: “We should no longer take Russia into account.” However, he suddenly came back to this country in 1999. Soros Development Fund bought a 42 percent stake of the Russian Corporate and Project Finance Bank (RPFB) from eight Russian companies and banks – Gazexport, Aeroflot, Agrokhimexport, Exportles, Nafta Moscow, Tokobank, Agroprombank and Delovaya Russia Bank. A control stock (53 percent) then pertained to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). Later the shareholding of Soros Fund and the EBRD went down to 36,8 percent due to the new share-holders that appeared

www.kommersant.com...

so basically it boils down to a George Soros backed company
is suing a company who is trying to stop a Soros funded CIA
Operation like wikileaks.

Know the players
and you can read the map

edit on 12/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
nothing will come of it.. and if I were visa and mastercard I would pull out of euro if they tryed to force my company to do any thing lol... not much money lost

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes i think there is plans on taking paypal and visa to court

^^
There are some things money can't buy. For Everything else there is [ping time out]...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Say bye-bye to Visa.com because that's just where it went.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We're actualy attacking Visa.com, good luck Komrads

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

so basically it boils down to a George Soros backed company
is suing a company who is trying to stop a Soros funded CIA
Operation like wikileaks.

Know the players
and you can read the map

What a joke!!!!
Donations lost due to Visa/Mastercard etc would be minimal.
Most would just donate through other means...

If Soros is funding and controlling Wikileaks as you continually sprout, then I'd think loosing a few $$$ through paypal/Visa would not bother them in the slightest...
Heck, you even pull the Rothschilds into the conspiracy..Now there's a group not short a $$$..

You seem to twist every new action to fit your one opinionated theory..
Regardless of how much twisting it requires..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
If Soros is funding and controlling Wikileaks as you continually sprout, then I'd think loosing a few $$$ through paypal/Visa would not bother them in the slightest...

you entirely miss the point of this operation.

The acceptance of funding through
VISA is NOT about money at all.

It is about the people who donate.
Their real names.
Their addresses.

This is a CIA Spying Op. They want to
know WHO is on the opposition list.
They could give a rats @r$e about
the $20.00 donation.

these people who contribute to wikileaks
are giving the CIA their personal info.
And Soros wants that data so when Martial
Law is implemented they will be on the red list.

do your homework bro

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

these people who contribute to wikileaks
are giving the CIA their personal info.
And Soros wants that data so when Martial
Law is implemented they will be on the red list.

do your homework bro

But I do..
But I tend to go to the library Non Fiction section, not Fiction/Fantasy....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

...these people who contribute to wikileaks are giving the CIA their personal info. And Soros wants that data so when Martial Law is implemented they will be on the red list.....

You may have a point neighbor. It certainly is a quick way to sort the goats from the sheeple isn't it? It is also a good way to get a reason to slap regulations on the internet to control it.

I REALLY do not trust the situation. Especially since we are looking a a one month very dangerous Lame Duck Session in Congress.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I can't even get the Visa.com website to come up! I need to make a timely payment and I cannot!
Are the hackers targeting Visa as well now too?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

cool post bro!
Lets everyone know ur cool anon hacker!

People like this just love the attention.... rule 1 and 2 buddy

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join