It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks cables: Saudi princes throw parties boasting drink, drugs and sex

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not exactly surprising. I read mention of this decades ago.

Effectively from what i understand the way they think about it is that because its not happening in their own country or home area its ok, since it doesnt bring shame to their family or extended family. Its more like because your doing it in the decadent satanic west your adding to their shame rather than your own. Out of sight out of mind. To them it makes perfect sense, to us its a complete double standard but the entire culture is full of double standards... its almost built of double standards and conflicting ideals.

Saudi's have a very bizarre (id personally call it moronic) mindset, even for the middle east... I know the book sounds kinda stupid and im sure most people wouldnt put much stock in it, but definitely read the 'Idiots Guide to Saudi Arabia'. You'll suddenly understand why that place is the way it is... its not biased, and it puts out many rather disturbing facts and observations about the culture and the peoples mindset.

Their entire culture is one giant face palm... yet our leaders seem to love the buggers.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

They were apparently partying in Jeddah, in their own country. Furthermore, they pretend to be these strict religious figures and force everyone to follow their brand of Islam (to the "T"), yet they break their own rules, in spite of the fact that they prohibit anyone else from even deviating away from those rules.

I think what it is or it's pretty obvious that they are only using that brand of Islam to keep control over their population so that they continue to rake in all of the profit. In other words, they're phonies, just like almost all of the worlds' elites.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well that is nothing new,.
The elite all party like that

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by wcitizen

Right, they are only "elite" because we allow them to be elite. Without carry out their oppressive policies or feeding into their rackets, they wouldn't have either. their eliteness is based solely on the collective perception of their eliteness.

--airspoon

Yes, absolutely. Even the money they extort from the people remains unchallenged largely because of their perceived 'eliteness', which dictates that they know best! Once the paradigm shifts things look quite different and we see them for what they really are. Although many people call these cables just 'gossip/ this drip, drip, drip into people's awareness of information they know to be true and actually gives evidence of wht they already suspected, migiht well help people make the paradigmatic shift. It's one thing to suspect they are b.....ds and another to have the truth. And people are getting the drip, drip, drip effect of the truth every day.
edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah this is old news... but then again

Who DOESNT party like that now adays?! WOOT! Bring on the dancing girls and peel me another Christian!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
What do we expect from a royal family that is very close to the Bush family?

Airspoon? Your intelligence, as well as your one-sided views, is showing. I'll forward the above question to be the most ridiculous of 2010.

The Saudi Royals, along with the Bush [royals] are corrupt and need to be exposed for what they are.

With you, and the rest of the liberal world digging, digging and digging, haven't they been exposed for what they really are? It''s obvious to everyone here you hate President Bush and in love with Obama. Why can't you get over President Bush? He's out of power and your buddy Obama and his cronies have only made things worse. Get over yourself already. Your sounding like a broken recording.

I have heard stories before about Saudi Royals getting into drugs or sleeping with lots of women, so I'm more inclined to believe that this information could very well be accurate.

At first you say the Wikileaks are true. Then you say they're not true. Then you say they're true. Are they only true if they match your point of view? Is your true identity John Kerry? You sound a lot like him.
edit on 8/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Obama supports what the Saudis are doing. Hes the President and we know that he knows what the Saudis are doing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Opps my bad, should have read a little slower
, in that case this is even as you say, more of a double standard and incredibly hypocritical of them compared to usual... which is alot.

Maybe they've become so self absorbed and egotistical they dont even worry about the facade breaking in front of their own people, although i personally think their own subjects wouldnt even attempt to chide them for it if it was blatantly exposed. Its just not the sort of thing they've been conditioned through culture and religion to do.

The entire Saudi Arabian Kingdom is a corrupted mad house as far as im concerned.

edit on 8-12-2010 by BigfootNZ because: Meep

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Actually, your intelligence (or lack thereof) is showing, considering that I'm conservative (even when judging by the false left-right paradigm of one-dimensional American politics). Furthermore, Bush was a liberal, so even if you were as shallow and ignorant to think that anyone who mentions Bush's corrupt policies or actions is because they are on a different side of the falsely percieved spectrum, it surely wouldn't be because they are "liberal". Now I know that the media tells you that Bush is a conservative, but I can guarantee that unchecked and liberal spending, along with expanding the government to a size larger than any other president in history, are not conservative policies or ideologies. If you agree with Bush policies (the majority of them, anyway) then you are a liberal, regardless of whatever pundit you delegate your critical self thinking skills too, tells you.

It is quite clear that you are either intentionally trolling or too ignorant to carry on any kind of intellectual conversation without trying to turn something into a fake partisan bickering session. You might be fooled by this false left-right paradigm, but many of us aren't. In fact, it's ignorance like that, which distracts people just enough for the government to continue on its path of oppression and tyranny. Your trolling tactics of trying to turn this thread into partisan, left-right non-sense is noted.

Furthermore, are you trying to suggest that the Bush family and the Saudi Royal family are not friends or at least business partners?

Lastly, nowhere ever have I said that all of the information leaked through WL is false. Instead, I said that there is a very good chance that some or much of the information leaked through WL is disinformation. Maybe a little practice with your comprehension skills is in order?

--airspoon
edit on 8-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This whole world is turning into one sick joke. Or it already became one long long ago.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Sadly, I don't think getting this news out will do much. Firts of all, the people of Saudi Arabia are unlikely to ever see this cable or the news reporting on it, at least the majority of them anyway. American people on the other hand, are too worried about Dancing With the Stars, Justin Beaver's haircut or their favorite political pundit. If they actually can think for themselves or if they pay attention to what's going on, I think the Saudi princes are pretty far down the list.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Nothing new:

US puppets

get everything they want, while the rest of the population live under crazy cultural law which doesn't makes sense logically nor rationally.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Who didn't know this anyway?

If I were them but, id be worried as to how the general Saudi public will take this.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If I were them but, id be worried as to how the general Saudi public will take this.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

The general public knows, "DUUUH", but they can't do anything, they are being imprisoned, tortured and killed for standing up against this puppet dictator.

By the way, that is the only reason why US troops are in Saudi Arabia, not to protect Saudi Arabia from external threats, but from internal threats.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I ain't surprised that behind the facade of Wahhabi conservatism in the streets, the underground nightlife for Jeddah's elite youth is thriving and throbbing, replete with alcohol, drugs and sex.

So much for the so called Islamic tenets! This religion is become a cess-pool of gross hypocrisy! On the one side they flog women to death on the suspicion of adultery and on the other these hypocrites are desperate for the high life.

But hey, these so called Muslim religious teachers (Mullahs) do promise suicide bombers who blow themselves up to kingdom come, 72 beautiful virgins who would be awaiting them with bated breath at the pearly gates of Heaven! Geeeez!

"Please...No sex on Earth, guys! But plenty of it in Heaven! So why the devil don't you blow yourselves up? The promised land awaits you!" And there are suckers a dime a dozen who'll fall hook, line, and sinker for this crap. And then blow themselves up! BOOM!! Damn! When they've been blasted to smithereens how the dickens are they supposed to have sex when they don't have anything left?

edit on 9-12-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Please don't confuse Islam with Muslims.

In that sense I won't confuse Hitler with Christianity.

and

I won't confuse kids being raped in Churches for Westernism.

Grow up and discuss issues with open mind and integrity.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
how can america criticize the saudi's, that's a friday night at every college campus in the u.s.

what kind of party should the saudi's throw to ease americas morals : punch, polka music and cookies.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Common Knowledge

You should see their mansion in Seychelles - it is well known for their parties. Cases of Dom, Caviar.....flying in the Womens beach volleyball team in from Australia to vs the team from Brazil for an exhibition match.

Islam is not Sharia Law on all levels. Just like Christianity there are different levels and practices for all.

I believe the Royals are allowed to do what they do because lots of their money is donated to Mosques and other Religious groups every year.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Please don't confuse Islam with Muslims.

Oh? I wonder if you are aware that Muslims follow a religion? What is that religion? Hinduism? Christianity? Or Islam? I'll tell you if you don't know yet. They follow Islam! Muslims present Islam as a religion. And you contend there's no connection between Islam and Muslims? Are you aware that one billion people from a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the globe - from the southern Philippines to Nigeria - are united by their common Islamic faith and are called Muslims?

You seem to be confused between Islam and 'Mohammedanism', the latter being a misnomer because it suggests that Muslims worship Muhammad rather than God.

In that sense I won't confuse Hitler with Christianity.

So Hitler was a Christian? That's news. He was an atheist, a materialist and rationalist! So what's the connection you were trying to bring out here? Inexplicable!

homepages.paradise.net.nz...

edit on 9-12-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join