It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous are attacking INTERPOL / Mastercard / post finance / pay pal / advbyra.se (CURRENT)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
More proof

twitter.com...

WE ARE GLAD TO TELL YOU THAT www.mastercard.com... is DOWN AND IT'S CONFIRMED! #ddos #wikileaks Operation
ayback(is a bitch!) #PAYBACK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

All good, but if they targeted the IRS, well there is some rich crops..

I'm sure the taxpayers would love that..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

and people think the net will get shut down because of wikileaks

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You are correct I was behind, just now found that Operation Payback was behind this. My bad man. Would like more details - still waiting for you're U2U. If possible IRC info. too.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is going to get real ugly, real quick. Now where's my popcorn? Welcome to world cyber war 1

2nd

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

No problem my friend, it's always good to be doubtful - but i pride myself on honest threads.

I'll keep posting info as i find it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
cocoychronicles.com...

Anonymous, the hacker group announced on their twitter that they had brought down mastercard.com. #
For a brief period the site seem to have been back on, then Anonymous tweeted that they had in fact brought it down. #
Business Insider published that on their end, Mastercard.com is down. #
The Australian published Julian Assange’s Don’t shoot the Messenger essay. #
Is an InfoWar upon us?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yes, they actually ddos www.mastercard.com and the website is still down, or very slow, right now

Their method is pretty basic and don't require high hacker skills :

- they ask people on twitter, facebook and other social networking, to join their irc server (irc.anonops.net channel #operationpayback)
- they ask these people to read for example, this web page that explain how to install a software named LOIC on their computer
- Once they have installed the software and launch it, the client computer joined the botnet. They named it "the Hive"
- After, the owner of the Hive, a member of the "Anonymous" group tell the botnet which website is the target.

So it is a new kind of "Voluntary" botnet.

Anyway, many things surprise me :

- their Irc channel is "open" for everyone, so everyone can join it and watch the show.
So the chan is probably or will be monitored by law enforcement.
The irc server mask the real ip of the client connexion, so they must feel secure on Irc.
But the client computer IP adress who attack the web servers is not masked, so they can be traced quite easily.
(not so easily on big websites that handle a lot of connexion, and so get many normal clients ip on their logs)

- Actually, from the irc channel : " .: There are currently 616 LOICs in the hivemind. :."
So with just "616 clients computers", they have succeded to take down postfinance.ch, mastercard.com & others web site.
I think it will be more difficult .. Maybe these website were not so much protected that we can imagine.

They already have tried to take down paypal.com but don't succeded. This website is more secured, with a lot of more bandwitch than the others.
They said they need around 1000 to 5000 clients computers to take down paypal.com. If the botnet continue to grow, they will maybe try again.

The PandaLabs Blog is monitoring the recent news on this matter : here

edit on 8/12/10 by digit78 because: mispeeling

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by digit78

i wonder when they take down the IMF

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Thanks for the updates, links and sources, Mr-Lizard. Shall be watching events unfold with aniticipation [oh with popcorn and a cuppa too].

Out of interest, do you think the momentum of these events are headed toward something quite sinister? Or do you share my view that we'll just have tighter internet laws pinned on us? Not directly related, I know, but I'm in a curious mood today.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Good Show... Well done.. Refreshing to see the spirit of rebellion isnt entirely dead..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Flagand star to you ... lol yes you have got a bigger thread... me bad. Thing are hotting up now this is groing fast into a cyber war.

kx

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

Out of interest, do you think the momentum of these events are headed toward something quite sinister? Or do you share my view that we'll just have tighter internet laws pinned on us? Not directly related, I know, but I'm in a curious mood today.

What one man can create or dictate, another man with the right reasons can and have the ability to re-create or destroy. And the right reasons lays with us being only human who will NEVER surrender to the yoke of tyranny or fear, one way or another.
edit on 8-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Seeker, thank you for that fine philosophical answer, old chum, that was quite elloquently put.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Huh.. apparently many many wrongs make a right? Nothing like breaking the law to defend a person who broke the law. Are there any British or Swedish companies being attacked by these scrotes?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Did George Washington break the law when he lead the revolutionary war?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
www.google.com...:MA

Mastercard's shares are down

-6.38 (-2.52%)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Looks like facebook is down? Will keep trying,go anon,the world belongs to the people not the puppetmasters.

got in that time???? facebook back up
edit on 12/8/10 by nickoli because: to add

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow, I for one underestimated them. This rings good in my ears.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Xcathdra

Did George Washington break the law when he lead the revolutionary war?

Hmmm.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post but some would say YES!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join