It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous are attacking INTERPOL / Mastercard / post finance / pay pal / advbyra.se (CURRENT)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it does my rebelous heart good to see anon taking action i hope it has real impact. it almost makes me wish i wasent retired from phreaking so i could help. the revolution may not be televised but it sure is internet accessable. information should be free and censorship is amoral and a technique of outside control.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This whole thing smells like a fix. Stage cyber attacks on major companies in the name of mutiny and then use it as an excuse to seize control of the internet. Like a digitalized false flag. Before you know it the government will be controlling the web, the only place where any free speech remains.

Also, it seems sort of fishy to be asking for volunteers to link up their computers in order to attack Amazon.com. Wouldnt that be the easiest way to find out who the submissives are, to have them basically hand over their own IP information?

If this genuinely is a fight by ANON to wreak havok on the system, then by all means I think it is great. I just get a bad feeling about the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Down goes VISA!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Have you got a link to that please mate?

Cheers - this will really start shaking some cages.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Just try to go to visa. com or follow the anon tweeter feed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

www.visa.com

It dont work

edit on 8-12-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
it is o0n the front page of Yahoo news right now. They are saying Twitter will be next, because they are guilty of stifling information having anything to do with Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Although that arguement was pretty 50/50 earlier today, as a lot of anon were asking to not attack twitter, as it can be used to recruit etc.

Tricky one.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Visa.com is still down...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The BBC is down, could this be related?

I have never seen this before:

BBC.co.uk

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Not working for me either.

I wonder whats next.

Its actually sorta entertaining that this is happening. I know it sucks for the people who have to deal with it but it's entertaining in the fact that its actually possible for people to do this kind of stuff.

edit on 8-12-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe because: BBC did load. But now it doesnt...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its just been put onto the BBC news www.bbc.co.uk...

The site is among several targeted by the Anonymous group of hackers, who have pledged to pursue firms that have withdrawn services from Wikileaks.

Mastercard, which stopped processing payments to the whistle-blowing site, said the attack had had "no impact" on people's ability to use their cards.

Visa's website now appears to be experiencing problems. Anonymous also claimed to have attacked Visa.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

It works for me, man. And the front page news is that Mastercard and Visa are down.
Edit: Jinx with boo1981.

edit on 8-12-2010 by WickettheRabbit because: Jinx yo

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if FaceBook will be next?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/335c65d2d690.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06fea9f2c314.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Facebook freaking needs to be next.

Half the time you try to post something about Wikileaks you get a censor message that says it is spam.

The other half you post something like the US is supporting child sex slavery and it gets ignored because everyone's too busy playing Farmville.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It’s taking forever for the BBC page to load. When it does I noticed that the usual and ever so familiar picture of the girl with the clown and the chalk board has changed. It’s now missing the girl and the background is in flames.

I find that image rather odd.

I have a screen shot but cant load it up. I tried to upload onto ATS media but I can’t load up.

Peace

edit to add that it is a 500 error pge

Error 500 - Internal Error

This might be because:
We are experiencing abnormal traffic to our network or
the service or servers it is on is not currently available.

Please try the following options instead:
Try again later once we have solved the problem.
Use our site index

edit on 8/12/2010 by LestatG because: to add detail

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

It works for me and it's very fast, no problems there.

Visa is still down.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Your right, the BBC.co.uk site I can't get to load. But BBC.co.uk/news works fine!

Might just be high site traffic who knows.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sounds like facebook made a boo boo

Twitter and Facebook potentially going down warms my heart, it's like an early Christmas gift. I am soooooo tired of friends obsession with them ( I don't have either) perhaps it will show people they don't need to use them every 5 sec.

Also, out of curiosity if anon is attacking via traffic overload, and now random people trying to see if the news is true, aren't fact checking news watchers unintentional participants?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Strange, still taking along time for me, if at all, and still getting the error page with the strange image.

are you checking www.bbc.co.uk ?

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join