It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats are hypocrites when it comes to Middle Class tax cuts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They claim to be upset with Obama but the White House urged them to make the Middle Class tax cut permanent before the election. The Democrats could have passed Middle Class tax cuts easily before the election. The Democrats in the House and the Senate were playing politics. They didn't want the Republicans to say they raised taxes so they didn't have the courage of their convictions before the election.

Now they want Obama to walk the plank when he has to work with a Republican controlled House after January. It's easy for these hypocrites to be purist now they're not facing an election. If they really cared about Middle Class tax cuts they would have passed them before the election and defended that decision to the voters. Instead they were cowards and hypocrites who now want Obama to walk the plank.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Republicans and Democrats are two different heads attached to the same monster. The two party system is a farce to create the illusion of choice. So yes, Democrats are hypocrites, they are dirty, lying scum... but so are Republicans.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think republicans are hypocrites for demanding fiscal responsibility, then immediately scream we must add 120 billion to the debt over the next 2 years...totally unfunded..for something that has proven not to do anything beyond create more wealth disparity.

nice to know the ops now likes Obama for "working with republicans"...and of course by working with, that is defined as completely and totally caving in to every single demand they make verses stand and fight.

Obama is now a republican...well done guys. I guess the dems need to look at Hillary to run against Obama in 2012.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah so much for the tea bagger mantra of smaller government.

They came in and swiftly racked up $800 Billion of new debt. I think they broke the record.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

What does this have to do with the Tea Party at all? As far as I know, this administration has never claimed any ties to the Tea Party whatsoever.

Obama and his cabinet have never preached small government, have they?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

I totally agree with you. I voted for change and we are left with nothing but the same song and dance. I don't think I will ever vote again. I live in a mess of state and now a mess of a country/economy. I didn't really want to see the tax breaks nor the extension of UE benefits..it's just costing too much.

I don't have a clue what solution is best..but throwing more and more money at problem is not the answer. It's like a person duct taping a pipe continually for years when they should have just replace it to begin with. Now not only is the pipe still leaking the house is underwater and damaged because of it.

What happens in the 15-23 weeks (whatever they have decided) when UE benefits have to STOP??? I mean how much different is it really going to be from today? Where/HOW are we going to create that many jobs? I don't think that anything is going change..people will still have no work and no benefits.

I'm just going to lie low. We are staying put..paying down a small amount of debt we have and riding out the situation..we will either crumble or prosper..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I think your comments are totally one sided. Shall we address the Current spending by Obama and his administration?

source: washingtonexaminer.com...

source: online.wsj.com...
( a debt achieved in two years, as opposed to Bush's debt accumulation in 8 years. )

I think atleast acknowledging the failures of the current administration would deem appropriate in your response, than just suggesting the one sidedness.

Many individuals much like yourself only make note of partial information...why not address all the facts that relate to a particular subject? Why does your comments only see one side?

care to explain?

But regardless, both political parties are thieves, and murderers, and need to be eradicated!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Exactly, if asked whether they prefer a red rapist or a blue rapist, most Americans would say let's do away with the rapist. Which makes me assume that most Americans are blind to the raping and pillaging of this country under the guise of government.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Listen at about the 1:25 mark. Unbelievable!

If they think it’s ok to raise taxes for the embattled middle class because they’re going to pout if we don’t give more money to millionaires… it really is time for the people of America to take up pitchforks.

Claire McCaskill, once again, attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of you peons. I am absolutely sick and tired of the media not confronting these elitist jackasses for comments like this. Claire McCaskill, listen carefully... It's not your damn money!

Extending the current tax rates, being referred to as "the Bush tax cuts", is not "giving more money to millionaires". In actuality, it is not taking more money from all Americans.

But, Senator McCaskill, since you brought it up... Didn't you, recently, make the statement that the $787 billion "stimulus" bill, TARP and the automakers bailouts were all "wildly successful"? And, didn't you vote for all of them? HEY McCASKILL!!!! Those were "giving more money to millionaires".

Gotta run now. Time to sharpen the ol' pitchfork.
edit on 7-12-2010 by WTFover because: added last line

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

They came in and swiftly racked up $800 Billion of new debt. I think they broke the record.

That's quite a trick! Considering they haven't taken office yet....

But, hey, let's just ignore that

In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion...
www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

Lose your calendar? seems new congressman are seated in January2011? (its currently December 2010).
libtards full of fight and huffpost misinfo.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Extending the current tax rates, being referred to as "the Bush tax cuts", is not "giving more money to millionaires". In actuality, it is not taking more money from all Americans.
]

How can you even try to make this point in this economy? The tax cuts have been in effect for nearly a decade, and in that decade we lost jobs.

The Republicans fought to allow the top 1% of our populations money to not be taken. They fought not for the middle class, in fact the Republican idea was to just keep the Bush tax cuts on ONLY that 1% and have EVERYONE ELSE pay for it. And at the same time, the Republicans fought against the bottom 1% of the population, those on unemployment or the 99ers, and refused to give them any more weeks of benefits, just allowing more people to get the current 99 weeks.

So unless YOU, WTFover, are in that 1%, you are arguing against your own best interests. Which is usually the case of people who vote Republican. So who exactly is pulling the wool over the eyes of the peons?

The money that the Republicans "saved" for those who least need it could keep alot of unemployed people from literally losing their homes, families, health, and even lives. At Christmas. Merry Christmas, Republicans.

Again, who are the peons?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by WTFover

]

How can you even try to make this point in this economy? The tax cuts have been in effect for nearly a decade, and in that decade we lost jobs.

The Republicans fought to allow the top 1% of our populations money to not be taken. They fought not for the middle class, in fact the Republican idea was to just keep the Bush tax cuts on ONLY that 1% and have EVERYONE ELSE pay for it. And at the same time, the Republicans fought against the bottom 1% of the population, those on unemployment or the 99ers, and refused to give them any more weeks of benefits, just allowing more people to get the current 99 weeks.

So unless YOU, WTFover, are in that 1%, you are arguing against your own best interests. Which is usually the case of people who vote Republican. So who exactly is pulling the wool over the eyes of the peons?

The money that the Republicans "saved" for those who least need it could keep alot of unemployed people from literally losing their homes, families, health, and even lives. At Christmas. Merry Christmas, Republicans.

Again, who are the peons?

Millionaires are almost always small business owners.

Billionaires are almost always fascist financiers or government privileged business owners.

Taking money from small business owners is stupid.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Millionaires are almost always small business owners.

Billionaires are almost always fascist financiers or government privileged business owners.

Taking money from small business owners is stupid.

5% of Americans are millionaires. There were 30 million small business tax forms claimed in 09. So at the very most, 50% of small business owners (15 million people) are millionaires. However, the 5% number includes the ultra rich and billionaires too. So less than half half. So that excuse doesnt hold water.

15% of America is jobless. 10% are on unemployment, 5% are "99ers" with no income.

So, for 5% of the population to live the opulent fantasy lives they exist in, 15% of their countrymen must basically starve. Another 60% or so must scrape to make it day to day.

As I mentioned before, these millionaires have had 10 years of tax cuts to produce jobs. They havent. So when does that excuse stop working?
edit on 8-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: spelling and stats

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

While I agree with most of your posts, you still fall victim to the left-right paradigm, neither side is fighting for you...period. Only when we wake up to the corruption can we fight it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killface

While I agree with most of your posts, you still fall victim to the left-right paradigm, neither side is fighting for you...period. Only when we wake up to the corruption can we fight it.

I disagree, sort of. Both sides are out to screw everybody, yes. The Democrats just offer you some lube and a little kiss at the end.

Plus I really dislike the media manipulation of Republicans to get ordinary simple folk to vote and argue against their own best interests.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing how everyone wants to point fingers at the " Bush tax cuts " and claim that they are only benefiting the rich? Do you all not know that the richest top 2% of people in our country pay the most in taxes annually to begin with? Oh...but we don't want to address that now do we? That would be to intellectually advanced~

SOURCE : www.craigsteiner.us...

SOURCE: www.straightdope.com...

SOURCE: economix.blogs.nytimes.com...

The argument from the lefties fail to recognize that one tid bit of information, further suggests that if these types of truths were recognized and understood, the people wouldn't be so susceptible to jumping on the bandwagon.
I guess partial information, is the only basis of argument these people have? Ignorance is bliss apparently!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They also make the most. So if you dont want the richest of the rich to pay, who DO you want to pay? Someone has to pay, the money has already been spent, long before most of us were born.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Real quick, can you show us " peons " where in the Constitution it states that the Federal Government has the authority to issue checks from the tax payers to pay for unemployment and other social programs?

Hint: all social programs paid by the fed's is unconstitutional and should be deemed null and void.
Hint #2: they don't have the authority

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I didn't say the rich shouldn't pay, everyone must. But to identify that they make the most, they should pay even more taxes, knowing they already pay the most in taxes annually, that logic would suggest that if your smart and an entrepreneur, you should be made to pay more consequences and reprimanded for taking initiative to better ones life? That logic would go against everything this country was founded upon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join