It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Assange refused bail,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
You really think this rape case is not BS?. Its a complete joke! and an excuse to get him into sweden then America. Did you read about the case and what the two women have said?

Is it bull#e?

The women have made allegations against Assange and these were made before the recent furore. Whether you agree with the content of the allegations which are “rape, molestation and unlawful coercion, involving two women”, as reported by the BBC is irrelevant, because that’s the law in the Sweden. The British authorities are merely executing their obligations under a European arrest warrant. He will get a fair and independent hearing by the British courts and I have not suspicions about Swedish motives.

There is no evidence that if Assange is handed over to Swedish authorities (doubtlessly following months of legal wrangling in the UK) that the Swedes will hand him over the US authorities. Firstly, he will have to face the charges in Sweden and secondly the US will need to charge him with something and Swedish courts are independent. Have the US charged him yet? Will they? Probably not.

Like I said, he may be guilty of the sexual offences which the Swedish authorities want him for. The problem here is that he may get away with it because of his situation and the fact he will play the “conspiracy” card. Alternatively, he may be innocent and the women being mischievous. Due legal process should be allowed to run its course.

Regards

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - You have NO NEED to know about every diplomatic thing that goes on. That's the whole point of diplomacy. GIve and take .. let one country 'save face' and get things done, etc.

I suppose they didn't need to know in Germany who was spying in the cabinet for the US. I suppose they didn't need to know the false interest on the Swedish fighters etc.

2 - What has been released is NOT earthshattering. We already knew that there was spying and backroom deals. He hasn't exposed anything that is prosecutable. Not really.

He has exposed criminal activity. If you think people in power shouldn't be held accountable for those then I feel for you.

3 - Earthshattering would be something like .... The UFO incident in Chicago; proof that the gov't covered it up and intimidated witness'. THAT would be earthshattering. Not .. gee .. the UN was spied on. That's just a DUH!

Wikileaks publishes what is given to them. I'm sure they'd love to have juicy UFO stuff unfortunately UFO's aren't real as in really extraterrastial / dimensional etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraffin]
reply to post by research

Why is British justice a joke? Regardless of the political circus going on, Mr Assange is wanted by Swedish authorities to answer some allegations. Not giving him bail is probably appropriate as there is no guarantee he won't bugger off elsewhere.

Like it or lump it, the allegations against Mr Assange are serious.

These allegations are so serious that Sweden's chief prosecutor, dismissed the charges straight away after studying them weeks ago. "Even he knows it's BS"
It was only when a Swedish politician intervened about the allegations a couple of days ago that the charges were brought back up against Mr Assange.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So the documents and footage showing killings in Iraq are nothing. Is that what you are saying? I believe they do have documents that would devestate America, and other countries and just because they have not been released out of the thousands apon thousands of cables they have, that means he is lying?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

The charges for which Assange is wanted for interview are serious. If it took Swedish authorities to build a body of evidence then that's legal process for you. If he is innocent / guilty then the only way to find out is to follow legal process through.

However, just because he's news and being a bit annoying to the US does not - and should not - mean that he should escape due process under the excuse that "they were out to get him".

Regards

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

You really think this rape case is not BS?. Its a complete joke! and an excuse to get him into sweden then America. Did you read about the case and what the two women have said?

Is it bull#e?

The women have made allegations against Assange and these were made before the recent furore. Whether you agree with the content of the allegations which are “rape, molestation and unlawful coercion, involving two women”, as reported by the BBC is irrelevant, because that’s the law in the Sweden. The British authorities are merely executing their obligations under a European arrest warrant. He will get a fair and independent hearing by the British courts and I have not suspicions about Swedish motives.

There is no evidence that if Assange is handed over to Swedish authorities (doubtlessly following months of legal wrangling in the UK) that the Swedes will hand him over the US authorities. Firstly, he will have to face the charges in Sweden and secondly the US will need to charge him with something and Swedish courts are independent. Have the US charged him yet? Will they? Probably not.

Like I said, he may be guilty of the sexual offences which the Swedish authorities want him for. The problem here is that he may get away with it because of his situation and the fact he will play the “conspiracy” card. Alternatively, he may be innocent and the women being mischievous. Due legal process should be allowed to run its course.

Regards

Im sorry, but how is having sex with a two women, who agreed to having sex with him wrong? Even one of them boasting on twitter, and throwing a party for him. It is a complete joke, and i think there is something more sinister behind this. And yes, i do believe if he went back to sweden, he will end up in America.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The charges for which Assange is wanted for interview are serious. If it took Swedish authorities to build a body of evidence then that's legal process for you. If he is innocent / guilty then the only way to find out is to follow legal process through.

However, just because he's news and being a bit annoying to the US does not - and should not - mean that he should escape due process under the excuse that "they were out to get him".

Regards

Really?! Really?

Really?

I just now read something about it and it sounds like a great big pile of silly crap to me.

It makes me feel terrible for all the victims of real crimes that don't have any attention paid to them.
I find this highly annoying and hope that I forget what I've read very very soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

It is a complete joke to be honest!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It is a complete joke to be honest!

Sounds exactly that!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Who is to say that the two women involved are not victims of a real crime. You don't know. Let due legal process determine Assange's innocence or guilt.

Regards

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
reply to post by researchit

No, it isn't. Mr Assange was offered bail, and HE refused it.

No he did not refuse bail. Did you even bother to click the link in the OP?

From the source article:

A judge at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court refused bail because of the risk of the 39-year-old fleeing.

Clearly it states that the judge refused his bail because they fear he might flee. Pretty simple.
edit on 7-12-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Who is to say that the two women involved are not victims of a real crime. You don't know. Let due legal process determine Assange's innocence or guilt.

Regards

Well, at least one of the women said, she would not call this a rape. Her lawyer had the explanation: "But she is not a lawyer!"

Since the files of the hearings were published in big parts - leaked like nearly everything in this case - it is indeed possible to get a realistic impression.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Theyll probably hand him over to amerika for a trip to gitmo...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I didn't say the allegations were not serious, indeed they are.
I think the chief prosecutor knows a hell of alot more about his case and the legal system than this one politician. Dont you?

edit on 7-12-2010 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
reply to post by researchit

No, it isn't. Mr Assange was offered bail, and HE refused it.

You are incorrect. Although, obviously the title was intended to make it seem that way, if you read the first paragraph below the article title, it says...

The founder of whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, has been refused bail by a court in London but vowed to fight extradition to Sweden.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
julian assange is going to be killed and replaced with a clone that will conviently fade away from history or he is going to get completely brainwashed by the various cia agents posing as lawyers and official delegates.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Smart man, bail is considered an admission of guilt and or is an adhesion contract.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He is safer in jail at this point; but then again Abizu Campos was in jail too

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
All great moments in history were created when someone sacrificed themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Quite a few ignorant fools in this thread.
Enough to make anyone who is not a complete lemming,
to their stomach.

Enjoy fooling yourselves..
fools.

Blessings upon Assange..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join