It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Assange refused bail,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
He said yesterday that "events as they stand might trigger the release of the password for the security file".

I hope this is released soon, I encourage everyone to download this file from thepiratebay.org

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by researchit

No, it isn't. Mr Assange was offered bail, and HE refused it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I honestly find this whole incident around wikileaks to be a bit shady. It seems like there are interests on both sides. I'm not exactly sure whose interests wikileaks is bolstering from this chain of events.

I don't want to see Julian Assange jailed for false accusations though, and I certainly understand that wikileaks is going up against a formidable panel of global powers, which of course would put the organization and its founder under huge risk.

Hopefully nothing happens to Mr. Assange, because if something does you can bet it will only stir the pot even more.
edit on 7-12-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I have to agree. There are just to many unanswered questions. It would appear that the govt.'s involved are simply trying to save face.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You posted that EXACT same post in another thread: thecinic multithread copy-paste trolling

You are the dictionary definition of troll. Mod's, isn't copy/paste posting across multiple threads a violation of T&C?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

No, it isn't. Mr Assange was offered bail, and HE refused it.

WRONG. His lawyer said he was refused bail, straight out. Its on the BBC's news channel now and his lawyer is speaking LIVE as Im writing this and saying they will reapply for bail.
Lawyer also just said Wikileaks will continue.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OF COURSE he's not going to get bail. The idiot is a flight risk. No court on the planet wants to give a flight risk bail. Especially a high profile flight risk like this. They are going to do things very carefully I'm sure.

Edited to add - if this guy was the hero people are trying to make him out to be, he would have released everything instead of just bits and pieces. Instead, he SUPPOSEDLY is holding back information in order to blackmail the US Government. He's a moron. Nothing more.
edit on 12/7/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
OF COURSE he's not going to get bail. The idiot is a flight risk. No court on the planet wants to give a flight risk bail. Especially a high profile flight risk like this. They are going to do things very carefully I'm sure.

Edited to add - if this guy was the hero people are trying to make him out to be, he would have released everything instead of just bits and pieces. Instead, he SUPPOSEDLY is holding back information in order to blackmail the US Government. He's a moron. Nothing more.

There is no logic in your post! If anyone was in his situation, they would be stupid to release everything! that does not make sense. Its obvious these rape claims are total BS, and i don't think he will be going anywhere. But if he has files that are huge, then he would be an idiot to release them all now!

So many brainwashed people who just don't understand that our governments are criminals

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Why is British justice a joke? Regardless of the political circus going on, Mr Assange is wanted by Swedish authorities to answer some allegations. Not giving him bail is probably appropriate as there is no guarantee he won't bugger off elsewhere.

Like it or lump it, the allegations against Mr Assange are serious. Just because he's running Wikileaks does not mean that his hands are whiter than white when the pants are down (so to speak). Just because Assange is causing the American authorities a bit of a problem does not mean that Assange is a Saint and without flaw.

If I was Assange I would be happy to face a British court. The British judiciary is both independent and intelligent. I have no reason to doubt the independence of the Swedish legal system either.

Regards

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

You really think this rape case is not BS?. Its a complete joke! and an excuse to get him into sweden then America. Did you read about the case and what the two women have said?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The last time I checked, Ecuador still has the red carpet out for Assange. The man has a history of fleeing and concealing his location. Naturally, bail will be denied in this case. Fortunately, Assange turned himself in before he was found floating in the Thames. He is probably safer in custody.

I predict that he will simply take it on the chin for the team. He gets to be a hero to the basement dwellers of the world and yet his movement will still carry on while he sits in jail.

Love the new "save assange" avatars popping up today. Very original and quite clever. Wonder who supplied those

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
He said yesterday that "events as they stand might trigger the release of the password for the security file".

I hope this is released soon, I encourage everyone to download this file from thepiratebay.org

At this point it doesn't look like the tptb are too worried about the insurance file. That file raises alot of disturbing questions.

What's been released so far--as pointed out by many--has fallen way short of the pre-release rhetoric promising "world-changing" information. And that makes me wonder if there is anything much at all in the insurance file...except maybe some type of 'Plan B' by the elite puppet masters should the releases fail to have the desired effect.

I'm guessing there won't be a release of the password anytime soon if ever. For those brave & trusting souls who have downloaded the file--especially those in the US--if the government considers an Australian a treacherous traitor for receiving the info, where does that leave you in their eyes?

Our internet "voice" has been compromised. The freedom it represented is under attack.

As far as the OP: Julian will most likely beat these charges through trial or by the charges being dropped. The bigger question might be: Can he survive his usefulness to 'the plan' ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
There is no logic in your post!

My post is perfectly logical. Quit worshpping the guy. He isn't a hero. He hasn't released anything earthshattering or helpful. He's basking in the attention and the future $$$ he's seeing.

If anyone was in his situation, they would be stupid to release everything!

The point is he has released hardly anything. Compared to what he claims he has, he's released next to nothing. Nothing earthshattering. Compared to what he says he has .. it's a small amount of nothing. If he REALLY cared, like he claims, he would have released a good chunk of it and it would have been information of importance.

But so far ... it's nothing. And his threats to release everything if bothered ... poppycock.

So many brainwashed people who just don't understand that our governments are criminals

So many brainwashed people who just don't see what is in front of them - that this guy is blowing smoke and has released nothing of importance.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My post is perfectly logical. Quit worshpping the guy. He isn't a hero. He hasn't released anything earthshattering or helpful. He's basking in the attention and the future $$$ he's seeing.

Oh here we go again! He is doing it for the money and the fame! Yeah, he is putting his life, and his families life in danger for money and the fame. I tell you what it is. The more people who support him, the more people like you will hate him. Is it a jealousy thing? Can't you stand all the attention he is getting. I don't worship him. All i care about is people finding out how corrupt their governments are, and not mini Gods, that some people think they are!

The point is he has released hardly anything. Compared to what he claims he has, he's released next to nothing. Nothing earthshattering. Compared to what he says he has .. it's a small amount of nothing. If he REALLY cared, like he claims, he would have released a good chunk of it and it would have been information of importance.

Thats rubbish! Wikileaks has released plenty of disturbing stuff, and im sure plenty more disturbing stuff is going to come out. Stuff from the iraq war has some truley shocking stuff.

So many brainwashed people who just don't see what is in front of them - that this guy is blowing smoke and has released nothing of importance.

Lol whatever! Researchers have only just touched onto the latest cables. Do you know how many they have to go through? No, i think you are brainwashed, and i think you are in the minority because more people are waking up to the fact that their governments are criminals.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by ButterCookie

I re-read the article.
He didn't refuse bail, it was refused on the assumption he might abscond.

Which is a load of horse manure considering that Assange turned himself in. How many people that turn themselves in are denied bail. As I said long ago, once they have him, he'll never see the light of day.

Hope that I am wrong and he has so much stuff on the ptb that he can force himself out.

edit on 7-12-2010 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your judgement about his releases is crap. He has already exposed criminal activity and tons of elitist secrets that were hidden from the people. First Finland related cable revealed we were threatened by China. Our leaders never disclosed that to us. Exposing this filth for what they are has already caused some resignations and hopefully we can see court action against them soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
The more people who support him, the more people like you will hate him.

People like me, eh?
Yeah ... people 'like me' see through him.
BTW .. I don't 'hate' him. I don't care enough about him to have any emotion that intense.
I think he's an idiot.

Is it a jealousy thing?

Jealous of what? That he's an idiot who is a mediawhore?

Can't you stand all the attention he is getting.

You really are on a bizzare and personal rant, aren't ya? Get a grip.

Thats rubbish! Wikileaks has released plenty of disturbing stuff,

What exactly is so earthshattering? That the USA spies on others? So what. We knew that. That other countries spy on us? So what. We knew that. That the USA and others spy on the UN? So what? We knew that. That diplomats have nasty things to say about other diplomats? So what? They are human and we knew that.

i think you are brainwashed,

Obviously you don't know the meaning of the word. :shk:

people are waking up to the fact that their governments are criminals.

People already knew that governments do illegal activities.
Like I said ... he hasn't released anything earthshattering and he's barely releasing any documents at all considering how many he CLAIMS to have. If he was such the hero, he'd release the big stuff he claims to have. Right now, he's just media-whoreing. Those $$$ he sees in his future .. book deals, interviews ... that's the real story here so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Your judgement about his releases is crap.

Wrong. My judgement on this is spot on.

Our leaders never disclosed that to us..

1 - You have NO NEED to know about every diplomatic thing that goes on. That's the whole point of diplomacy. GIve and take .. let one country 'save face' and get things done, etc.
2 - What has been released is NOT earthshattering. We already knew that there was spying and backroom deals. He hasn't exposed anything that is prosecutable. Not really.
3 - Earthshattering would be something like .... The UFO incident in Chicago; proof that the gov't covered it up and intimidated witness'. THAT would be earthshattering. Not .. gee .. the UN was spied on. That's just a DUH!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join