It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

It's going to take more than a meeting with police or an arrest to flip the switch.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Right at this moment in time is when we should really be paying attention. What happens to Assange will shape people's opinions of Wikileaks and its releases immensely. For those who call the site a government-run psy-ops program, what happens in the next few days will give major credence to either or, depending on what happens to him.

i'll agree, however, it could be that they are just being used by the Gov and are unknowingly peddling disinfo.

I tend to think this, that they are just pawns.

IF the so called insurance file starts to leak something huge, then that is a different matter. Also, Assange and his claims are always over the top, and he never delivers so I won't hold my breath for what they are about to release. Probably more gossip.

Isn't something huge supposed to be released now that he is arrested? Last I looked, I still don't see anything of note

edit on 7-12-2010 by talisman because: (no reason given)

Nope the wikipeeps said that the ensurance will not be released just now.
only if something "unexpected" happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
sources say Australian high commision giving consular assistance to Assange and will continue to do so if he is extradited to Sweden

Unprecedented 70+ journalists in court watching proceedings. Delay in ruling could be down to arranging bail conditions (unconfirmed)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Meanwhile, we, those that wait for the rest of the cablegate files are left hanging. I can understand the need to keep the insurance files for protection, but the rest of the cables should be released, now.

Come to think of it. Assange standing in court with the hounds baying for his blood should be enough to have the insurance file released. Thats if " It Exists"!

I still think its all a scam to lead us to where they want us to be. Whether Assange and co are pawns or part of the scam is yet to be seen. But we will see.

Respects

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

a quick calculation finds that if they keep releasing the 200k+ cable files at the current rate it will take 23 years. Sources say there will likely be a mass release of files at some point.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

You know, a funny thing is that the prosecutor in Sweden created this arrest warrent ONLY because she needed to hear his version of the case. So this is ONLY a warrent to get him back to Sweden to be interviewed about the case by the state prosecutor - to face the allegations against him.

Oh right.

And how do they explain that Assange and his lawyer's have been requesting to speak to the Swede prosecutor since August, which was completely ignored by Sweden?

If they *only* wanted to speak to him, constantly ignoring Assange and his legal teams offers to talk to them doesn't show this to be genuine.

Everyone and his dog knows this is an intel op, everyone does. If they don't then they are too naive to matter to the debate.

The *only* thing that will come out of this as far as Sweden is concerned, is their complete loss of respect from the wider world. Everyone now knows that Sweden is more concerned with it's $14 Billion trade agreements with the US (and their influence with South Korea as an EU trading partner), than they do for the rule of law.

I have to say, i'm pretty disillusioned with Sweden, i always imagined they were an enlightened and respectable people and government..i no longer think that.

They are just as corrupt as all the others, looking after their own backsides by offering them up to the US to shag for money.

Shame on you Sweden.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Chevalerous

I have to say, i'm pretty disillusioned with Sweden, i always imagined they were an enlightened and respectable people and government..i no longer think that.

They are just as corrupt as all the others, looking after their own backsides by offering them up to the US to shag for money.

Shame on you Sweden.

Indeed! .. And it appears some type of disease is being transmitted to our own governments through said shagging.

IRM

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't know if I believe the sex charge allegations.
sounds like a front to discredit and lock him up.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You can say that again!

International government sponsored prostitution is rife.

OK governments...get ready...the US is watching..steady now...steady...OK everyone, BOTTOMS UP!

Ker-ching!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

3.04pm: Assange was refused bail, and will be remanded in custody till 14 December.

Source

Well that's a downer...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I doubt my opinion will be that popular here but I've never really bought into the whole wikileaks thing the releases I've seen in the past from them have been more in the "so who cares" bracket than anything else but I have to say if this guy is threatening British national security with his releases as a British Citizen I support making him vanish by whatever means are necessary.

I'm not saying I buy into the whole terrorism agenda or anything else that has been going on in Governments lately but there has to be a line somewhere where you support your own country against outside threats and I guess mine starts here.

I'm more convinced Wikileaks is an effort to censor/control the internet than anything that brings any good to anyone the whole thing just stinks of an agenda being pushed to me.

link   
reply to post by KingKickass123

what are you talking about? I never applauded him.
In fact I suggested we hire a hitman to kill him.

click here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1

3.04pm: Assange was refused bail, and will be remanded in custody till 14 December.

Source

Well that's a downer...

And here we go...
It's all going to play out like they want.
And we are all going to let them do it...AGAIN.
edit on 7-12-2010 by KingKickass123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ov3rdos3

You do realize that is a chargeable offense, right? Shame on you for wishing the death of anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

sources say Australian high commision giving consular assistance to Assange and will continue to do so if he is extradited to Sweden

And Sweden's prostitute legal team, will probably walk Assange to the US bound plane personally (after removing the US condom from their backsides)

I'd imagine they'd say: 'It's nothing personal Mr. Assange..it's just business'

Assange may say: Yes, i know. It's the oldest business there is...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingKickass123
And here we go...
It's all going to play out like they want.
And we are all going to let them do it...AGAIN.
edit on 7-12-2010 by KingKickass123 because: (no reason given)

Has it been observed as of yet, that the end game really didn't commence until Assange said the Banks would be the next benefactor of his spotlight?

Mess with government all you want...but threaten the Banks and all heck starts a-poppin'.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

They were going to tame the internet with or without WL. This just gives them a reason to fast track the effort.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Australia has been forced through popular opinion to provide consular assistance. That will last only until such time as he is convicted and then the government will again turn on him and do all they can to hand him over to America and probably invent some Australian charges for him too.
At that point most Australians will abandon him - no one wants to be seen to supporting a convicted rapist after all.
And of course then the powers that be get to claim that they were right all along.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

In that case, i suggest we issue an Interpol arrest warrant for the US politicians (seeing as that dumb twit Sarah Palin is one of the guilty, i use the word 'politicians' lightly) calling for Assanges' murder then.

If it's good enough for the little people, it's good enough for the US politicians calling for his death isn't it?

Incitement to murder is a very, very serious crime...more serious beleive it or not, than having it off with someone without using a condom! Although you wouldn't think so, if you happen to be on the Swedish supreme court (supreme...what a joke).

While they're at it, they may as well draft one for spying and espionage for that lying cow Clinton.

Wait a moment, the UK still has extradition with the US..should be easy for the EU to organize their extradition from the US to the EU to..errr...*speak* to EU prosecutors about the charges shouldn't it!!

It's OK US criminals, we only want to talk to you!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

You're absolutely correct mate.

Your opinion isn't very popular.

You'd make a few quid with pay per post though...perhaps you should approach a marketing firm, unless you have already of course.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join