It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
I'll also point out that you yourself used the word 'manipulation'. Have you ever considered how many people in the western world were ever offered an alternative to Christianity in their youth? very few If any I would imagine, certainly not in my personal life experiences anyway.
Things like Christmas & Easter are introduced as holidays that everyone partakes in and straight away Christianity becomes their primary context for anything spiritual. I could go on but I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just defending myself.
what is encoded info - that fact that in your opinion people are worshipping a false god in the very religion you're defending? ok.
nope, completely predictable Christian response, if you hadn't chimed in someone else would have.

Originally posted by Majestic23 These things you say are telling.

Sure, presented like that they are.
But you're cherry picking to suit your argument,
why haven't you addressed any of the questions I asked or suggestions I offered?

Firstly, I am not a Christian, I am not defending Christianity.

then what exactly did you reply to me for?
I asked you to reiterate your point because I didn't get it then..
and I still don't see your point now.
So far all you have done is wasted my time.

Originally posted by Majestic23 Stop projectecing your hatred of Christianity on to me.

Its not that simple. You've ignored a lot of what I said and focusing on one tiny aspect that you understand poorly anyway. Which 'indicates' to me that you were never interested in the issue you raised with me and really just wanted to tell me I was wrong. I shouldn't have wasted an hour trying to convey any logical rational reasonable ideas to someone like you. One of the main reasons I don't do it any more is because of reactions like yours. Personally biased emotions shouldn't come into intellectual debates. It simply ruins any chance of progressive discussion.

Originally posted by Majestic23 Your words are full of anger and you are so willing to start an argument that you miss the point completely.

or you just failed to make any sense. And of course you were the one who initiated this , not me.
You don't know or understand me so stop pretending you do,
stop the "you are, you do, I say therefore it is"
and please stop the unsolicited analysing...
please.

Originally posted by Majestic23 OP linked the story of Samson, again please pay attention, that story itself is much older than Christianity, the character is an archetype. And psyche nurse called OP a "holy roller" for it, you apparently dont care who psyche nurse is, even though you are the one who jumped on my reply with your irrelevant king james idea.

Its historical fact not just 'my idea'. Preceding the penning of the KJ version, James could not divorce his aging wife. After the KJ version was penned - he could & did.

No I don't care about the preceding conversation because my statement was about your post and nothing else.

The Bible has encoded information. That is my opinion. If you don't like me telling you my opinion and you add sad snide remarks and retreat into name calling then do not ask for my opinion.

I never asked you anything I simply made a statement.
You could have ignored me and avoided this whole thing...
what name calling?

I doubt you talk to people like that face to face as again, not only is it combative and indicative of inner turmoil
which your pretentious and arrogant reply incited....

it simply leads to the breakdown of communication.

No.

You failed to make sense, and rather than explaining yourself in a way I could understand - as I requested, you are now saying that i am far too angry to understand anything you say so its therefore my fault. Consider the request for a reiteration cancelled, I don't need to hear anything more from you.

This is a conspiracy site, if you think people are not going to hold the belief that the Bible and other texts hold esoteric information then you are going to just be adding friction all the time.

Now this is what I was talking about, I understand what you 'meant' to say, but you aren't using your words properly. "if I don't believe 'x' i will just be adding friction all the time" doesn't actually mean anything.

You bring no answers and nothing to ponder and it degrades the thread.

I had several "answers", and 2 alternative spiritual beliefs to "ponder".
I also 'told' you nothing and 'suggested' everything.
Which is one obvious difference between us, I'm not trying to control anyone.
Nor am I trying to force you to abide by my definitions.

I agree that this conversation that we have had may have detracted from the point of this thread, I feel we're both off topic, it takes two to tango, but my comments 'degrade' nothing. If you now do not see the value of talking to me then stop.

Personally I think I made a few very well thought out and valid points about spirituality in general and shared my personal spiritual beliefs with you and encouraged you in your faith and stated my support for faith in general, so keeping all that in mind perhaps it is YOU who are the one 'blinded by anger'

let me assure you that this was more amusing to me than anything and I am quite calm thank you. What you call 'hatred' and 'agression' I call confidently asserting my position in a heated exchange of ideas. But no more, I request that you shut up about this, and in return I will do the same.
This 'exchange' is not going to go anywhere good and I have a headache.

I still encourage you to have faith and still believe in the power of faith & hope.
Its scientifically proven to provide a person extra energy and strength of will.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M
edit on 9/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz
I understand where the poster is coming from, but i'd like to point out the 'spiritually ascended' have their hair cut real short even bald.

Ever seen a Buddhist with hair?
Ever seen an Indian Brahmin priest with hair?
In eastern culture these are the spiritually endowed people with direct access to the cosmos.
I must also observe they may not be very efficient in combat or tracking or the sort

Very interesting when you think of it, there seems to be something amiss.

Great post

How about the arhuacos?

www.survivalinternational.org...

They're also in the movie TheChosenOne (2010)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by onehuman

most of that information is incorrect, because the nervous system is at the root. And if the hair is cut, it does not grow back, it simply continues growing where it already was.

In order for this to be true, the nerves would have to have encoded sensors, which they do not.

Here's what i think... The Sensible Reason of why !

Some People say it act's like a Antenna well partially true ..
but.IS.it More Like a Lighting Rod! (Ground) For The 3rd EYE ( Penal Gland ) ?

I Came to realize this more when i did a little more Research about The 3rd EYE and Long Hair In India and The Forbidden Hair Cut for the SIKH

Here is a Little Article (Blog) about Hair That Explains Mostly of what I Have Seen in Other Threads
IS there Any Truth ? whats within this Article Below ? I cant Confirm as of Yet .. Still Researching ..

The Truth About India
Importance of Long Hair and beards
india-indeed.blogspot.com...

Well does any of these Quotes Below Hold Any truth Scientific Proof ?
This is an Indian's (From India) Point of View

* The specific physiological function of the hair, so far as the present knowledge goes, is to ingest and assimilate solar radiations. Each hair is in accumulation of pigmented (coloured) cells. This pigment is of the melanin type which has got the special affinity for the ultra-violet rays of the sun. The solar radiations cause important photo-synthetic chemical developments in the hair cells. Fatty secretion of the skin feeds the hair with the pre-cursor chemical of vitamin 'D' which is decomposed and recomposed in an assimilable form, in the hair cells with the help of the solar rays. Vitamin 'D' is very essential for the growth, development and integrity of all tissues and organs of the body

It has been proven scientifically that people who have long hair tend to be less tired, more energetic and less likely to become depressed. People who have long hair also conserve energy and don’t feel the cold of winter the same as people with short hair. A person who has shorn hair wastes his body's energy. A person who cuts his hair over his lifetime forces the body to grow 22 meters of replacement hair. A person who keeps his hair only produces 1.5 meters of hair over his lifetime.

A woman should never wear her hair over her forehead.The forehead bone, the sinus bones or the frontal bone, is porous because it functions to transmit light to the penal gland in the brain.Bangs cover the 3rd eye, inhibiting intuition and subtle knowledge

Later Peace-Out
edit on 9-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: Grammar Spelling SSDD Routine

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
please, someone tell me the secret to growing out good long hair. i've been trying for years and always end up cutting it at about 1 1/2 years.

Thanks in advanced.

Stop washing it with shampoo. Consume vitamin D and silica.

I don't use shampoo. I used conditioner, and make my own hair cleaning stuff. Like boiled water with sage in it, or rosemary. Or borax, rinsed with ascorbic acid. Salt. Even sand to exfoliate. I use apple cider vinegar to rinse. I even use effective microorganisms to spray on my scalp when my hair is still wet.

My hair is nicer, and my scalp is 95% better than it ever was before, AND my curls are WAY better.

No, my hair isn't greasy. I work in a professional position, and with curly hair my hair is actually nicer and less frizzy than before so I look better.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, " I remember clearly an evening when he came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

Typical pattern of urban legend. Note the use of first names only with the usual "names changed" thing. Next, which studies? Note how there's no listing, no cites. That's because they don't exist.

"the VA Medical center let him do it" - well, if they're not military personnel, there's no restriction on hair or beards, as long as you don't look like a biker. It's not a great idea to have long hair or a long beard in a VA, due to the number of psych patients: nothing will get your attention faster than someone ripping out a handful of facial hair.

AFATG, as a contractor to the military and former Army NCO, I grew my beard and hair out the moment I ETSd, mainly because I had them that way before I went in, and because my beard grows so fast there's not much point shaving. I have had a full ZZ Top while at Redstone.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

Special Forces 'in the war department' went looking for Indian Scouts to recruit? Oh, my. That's not the way that works.

Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Now, if you wanted to make this a real Army story, you might describe how the Army had trained the scouts to do this "the Army way" and thus destroyed the one new thing they were after, and it might have at least the ring of truth.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long. "

How do you spell that sound you make with your tongue that's often called a "raspberry"? Pfft?

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Ok, now that the urban legend is past the BS unsubstantiable anecdote, it's onto the pure fabrication phase. No. Hair is NOT an extension of the nervous system. It cannot be seen correctly as "exteriorized nerves". A nerve is a live cell - a neuron. Hair is a thread of dead skin cells that originate in the follicle. They are not alive, are not nerves, do not arise from nerve cells, the follicle itself doesn't have nerve cells in it. It is not a "feeler", does not transmit information to the nervous system at all. The closest you might be able to state that it transmits ANY information to the nervous system is to serve as a sort of lever to amplify the sensation of touch, like when you have a bug crawling among hair shafts.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

Kirlian photography is crap. The only "electromagnetic energy" hair emits would be the usual thermal emission that any matter above absolute zero has.

The story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated."

That would be Samson, not Sampson, and the story is a metaphor for castration.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I recently grew a beard for about a year, and when I shaved it off, for the next week or so I could feel it still there, waving on the breezes, like a phantom limb. Now I'm wondering if I was feeling the "impact" of something that the beard would have been "receiving" instead.

I got tired of having mine slap my back and the back of my neck when I was on a motorcycle. Also, people were starting to lock their car doors when I pulled up alongside them (no lie). So, as an experiment, I shaved it. This was in college.

The thing I noted was, my facial skin hadn't been touched for a while under the beard, so ANY sensation of touch in there was odd-feeling for a while. That lasted just long enough to grow back a decent beard - for me, about six weeks.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JenRecluse
Aside from there not being proof of the OP's story, I'm wondering why, if the military knows this about hair, do they continue to require short hair? It makes sense for boot camp, where they break you down. So they shave the guys' heads, and cut the girls' hair shorter, first thing in boot camp. But then, even after that, there are still strict standards for hair. So, why? If more hair makes a better military, why does our military keep their hair short? Interesting stuff, but why wouldn't we take advantage of it?

It's a lot easier to keep clean when short, which is a big problem when you're in the field. It's not like you're going to have time for products and a blow dryer, or time to comb it out. You really don't want it to get caught in machinery, or have it ripped off your head when your 'chute opens and your ponytail hangs in the shrouds on the way out, or get a nice crop of lice going. Beards and long hair also interfere with getting a good seal on MOPP, SCBA or on diving equipment. It's a burn hazard if you might get caught in a flash.

Nor do you want to give a nice handhold for someone to snatch your head around with. It's a LOT easier to pound someone with long hair or a long beard because you can use it for a convenient handhold - which is a reason cops cut it close, and why the Persians kicked butt on the Macedonians in CQC.

In some cases, they'll let you grow it out to various degrees - if you're in certain MOSs and the indigenes you're mixing with have social requirements for men to be bearded, you can grow it out. Also the Navy used to allow beards at the discretion of the CO, it depends on what your job is.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by onehuman

Yeah, I remember in particular one of those "old wives tales" pertaining to hair magic from up in the hills. A lot of the old timers would take their hair clippings out and hide them, usually under a rock, because the witcher-women said that those clippings could be used to throw a hex. They'd bury them or hide 'em under a rock to keep birds from carrying them off for possible misuse against them.

Well, according to Appalachian legend, you can burn the hair or nail clippings and be safe. Or immersion in running water will break the connection to you as well, so you can get your hair cut down to the crick and be safe.

Other than that, you can "speak the right words over it" and break your connection to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by solids0be

Well, in the military, especially with regards to personnel who may be involved in combat operations, short hair is an absolute must...

Hadn't read your post when I wrote mine. I see we named off the same stuff, too, don't know if it's experience with it or our instructors read from the same book. Makes sense though.

For the same reasons, I never wore rings, and rarely wore wristwatches - I used a pocket watch sort of thing unless I just had to have a watch, then it was on an OD green velcro field band that would tear loose if needed. I saw guys lose fingers to rings.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Really? I was told that washing your hair makes it grow out better, but I guess there is some contention surrounding this issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
reply to post by Aeons

Really? I was told that washing your hair makes it grow out better, but I guess there is some contention surrounding this issue.

Oh I "wash" my hair - I don't use shampoo or anything that strips it.

I would suggest that the benefit of washing in relation to hair growth is in the scalp massage.
edit on 2010/12/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

No. There's nothing rod-like about hair other than the fact it stands up. I will tell you I am indifferent to my work with our without a beard. I get As and Bs irregardless. I will also tell you that the world's most powerful and strong ancient army, Rome, won wars against their barbarian counterparts for over 500 years. Guess who shaved?

The simple fact is that you are trying to argue that which has no proof and what little proof there is is in complete contradiction to the statement.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Its historical fact not just 'my idea'. Preceding the penning of the KJ version, James could not divorce his aging wife. After the KJ version was penned - he could & did.

Yeah mate, I know the HIStorical STORY (not fact) as it was taught to me in school years ago.

It is irrelevant.

Explain how you think it disproves the idea that "the bible holds encoded information such as the story of Samson.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Wolfenz

No. There's nothing rod-like about hair other than the fact it stands up. I will tell you I am indifferent to my work with our without a beard. I get As and Bs irregardless. I will also tell you that the world's most powerful and strong ancient army, Rome, won wars against their barbarian counterparts for over 500 years. Guess who shaved?

The simple fact is that you are trying to argue that which has no proof and what little proof there is is in complete contradiction to the statement.

What Are you Talking about !

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rome LOL OK Guess what the Roman Culture Copied ! People that are Called Greeks and Were The Fiercest Warriors of all time ! In the OLD World! The Spartans The Elite Class More Like a Roman Knight!
and Did they Not ? have Hair and Beards ! and Dont forget The Vikings! another Group of Fierce Warriors of the North ( NorseMen ) or Did you for Get that and My Heritage the Mohawks Warriors that Only CUT their Hair(SHAVED) When Theres a WAR ,, So what is the point in your Argument ! Again ! Please Explain yourself Clearly!

and the Fact that the hair Stands up by the Hair Muscles( within the Scalp) we have ! and The Static Electricity that the Hair can Conduct!! as I Rub my Head on a Rubber Balloon
then wave it around my head and Down my Arm and my Hair Follows! The Direction of the Balloon !

Mind you this Thread is about the Hair in Connection in Sense of Direction and Tracking !

Did the Romans have Someone that Had Long Hair to Track or Did They Picked up a Local to Track or Lead the Way!

The Last Post I Put on this Thread was from a Indian for INDIA Point of View Not My View
Let make that Clear

and I Posted that View to see if ANYONE can Show any Scientific Proof
or it Not !

You Have not Shown any Just Ramblings ! Of Your Personal Opinionated Denial

Here what i Posted again

Importance of Long Hair and beards
india-indeed.blogspot.com...

there is that the Fact of The Bulb that Produces the Hair Folical is the Only Cell that is in Constant Dividing and Reproducing Cell in the Body

Read and Asborb! This !

Mechanoreceptor
en.wikipedia.org...

Mechanoreceptor From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Hair follicle receptors) Jump to: navigation, search Look up mechanoreceptor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. A mechanoreceptor is a sensory receptor that responds to mechanical pressure or distortion. There are four main types in the glabrous skin of humans: Pacinian corpuscles, Meissner's corpuscles, Merkel's discs, and Ruffini corpuscles. There are also mechanoreceptors in the hairy skin, and the hair cells in the cochlea are the most sensitive mechanoreceptors, transducing air pressure waves into sound.

Hair follicle
en.wikipedia.org...

Still the Search Continues of a Possible Connection of Human Hair & Tracking

Speaking of Sense !!

Not analogous to human senses
In addition, some animals have senses that humans do not, including the following:

Current detection The lateral line in fish and aquatic forms of amphibians is a detection system of water currents, mostly consisting of vortices. The lateral line is also sensitive to low frequency vibrations. The mechanoreceptors are hair cells, the same mechanoreceptors for vestibular sense and hearing. It is used primarily for navigation, hunting, and schooling. The receptors of the electrical sense are modified hair cells of the lateral line system.

Just Maybe that Native Americans and Others are More A like the Animals that are capable of this ability !!
For Tracking more like a Dog (bloodhound that tracks the Sent of Someone ! )
Just Saying !
edit on 9-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Yeah mate, I know the HIStorical STORY (not fact) as it was taught to me in school years ago.

It is irrelevant.

Explain how you think it disproves the idea that "the bible holds encoded information such as the story of Samson.

NO.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It is irrelevant.

You turn down things of no interest to you yet back to the Samson story again... Ha ha ha! You should be the pope... Make it up as we go along, eh? ENCODED... oooohhhh, that musst be why it seems like a fairy tale. I don't have the secret decoder ring. (I'm going to get a few paragraphs out of this guy for this one...watch
edit on 9-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: Stir up the pot...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It is irrelevant.

NO.

-B.M

Ah cmon guy, wheres your Christmas spirit?

Oh well, I will go deeper into the concept at hand.

Entertain the idea for a moment that Samson is not a man but a character or archetype that describes numerous things. A description of esoteric themes such as duality and or a historical description of the dealings with the tribe of Dan and the Phoneacians (Philistines). The absurd fantastical stories suddenly start to make more sense.

Does this not make sense when we hear the Merovingians might not have been descendants from the tribe of Judea but the tribe of Dan?

WIKIPEDIA LINK

"The Merovingians (also Merovings) were a Salian Frankish dynasty that came to rule the Franks in a region (known as Francia in Latin) largely corresponding to ancient Gaul from the middle of the 5th century. Their politics involved frequent civil warfare among branches of the family. During the final century of the Merovingian rule, the dynasty was increasingly pushed into a ceremonial role. The Merovingian rule was ended March 752 when Pope Zachary formally deposed Childeric III.[1][2] Zachary's successor, Pope Stephen II, re-confirmed and crowned Pepin the Short in Childeric's place in 754 beginning the Carolingian monarchy and early introduction of the Holy Roman Empire.

They were sometimes referred to as the "long-haired kings" (Latin reges criniti) by contemporaries

As you can see there is always more to the story.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Majestic23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

good post man.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dea535f5a6c.jpg[/atsimg]

I look like cousin IT on the Adams Family! I always like cousin It!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
...hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair!...

...wow, what does this big fat thread prove?... that ats folks are HAIRY?...

...around page 10, i swear, i thought i was gonna scream if i read one more post that alleged butt-length hair and, then, i read the one that claimed to have ankle-length hair...

...hair is highly over-rated... to consider yourself (or someone else) more beautiful or more spiritual or more "in tune with the cosmos" because of the length of your hair is (excuse me, i gotta ahahahahahaaaaa) shallow babies - REALLY shallow...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join