It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned, long thread.
The Punjab Sikh's never cut their hair from birth, they put their head hair and beard on top of their head, under their turbin.
They believe it gives them some extra ability, at least this what a Sikh told me.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This entire concept has some potential, however is way too far fetched. Hair serves as a protective layer against the sun, close proximity sensing and insulation.

Growing your hair longer does not mean you will become an avid survivor. It will NOT increase your natural predatory senses either.

Remember, hair is dead.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

The story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated."

What about Absalom?

It would seem to me that the story of Absalom would have more meaning for warriors in wooded and jungle settings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Besides the hair outside our bodies is dead.

Here's a good explanation of what hair is and what it is made of.

www.hairfinder.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Very interesting man! i always thought why indian sadhus, gurus and sanyasi have long hair and beard? in india if he dont have long hair and beard he is not a sanaysi or sadhu....

what ever it is a interesting read... let me do my own reasearch on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse...what credible evidence is there to any of it?

And where is your credible proof that it didn't? I swear, some people have to pick on little things just to try to make some lame point.

Anyways, back to the OP. Quite interesting. People have always connected long hair to being "sexy". So...

I just got a buzz cut myself. Sorta wished I would have let it grow now. Maybe next time around.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This logic, long hair makes people more sensitive to the cosmos and could help prevent attacks on soldiers, makes no sense. Why on earth does do most military organizations keep the hair of its soldiers short if this were true? Other than forced conformity and uniformity, the short hair would prove to be deadly. The U.S. would be more successful in its endeavors if this logic held true. While I'm typing this though I must admit I am curious if this is the reason why Mr. Bin Laden and other Taliban members keep their hair long. Maybe that is why they have never been captured, well maybe long hair and the fact that he HAS BEEN DEAD FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
Uhhhhhh.......you dont consider the bible to have encoded information?

Nothing of worth. The king james was written so king james could get a divorce. Other versions were scribed for other political motivations. The whole thing is a freaking crock. just my 2 cent

Btw, in addition to this - Jungian archetypes is my explanation for people who interact with 'god' or 'angels' etc.
It depends on your personal context for such entities to manifest 'within'.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by GhostLancer

Beauty is beauty and it doesn't matter what color one's hair is. I've seen some butt a** ugly blonde women, so you can't make the generalization that blondes with lots of hair have developed such attributes that you've described. You say that men and women all go gaga over blondes with any eye color other than brown. Uh that's a real excessively generalized view if you ask me. I've been told many times that I am beautiful (and no not by men trying to get into my pants) and stunning and that I have a special something about me that makes me stand out. I have dark brown hair, blue eyes and ruddy fair skin with freckles. So since I know I'm not totally unique that means that your generalizations about blondes hold little logic. Just sayin'. And no I'm not jealous of blondes, three of my four best friends throughout my life have been blonde, and I always held my own. Also, they are very smart and so am I.

Sagan, I would imagine that ladies of all types, sizes, shapes, hair color, eye color and whatever other categories we can come up with make men go "gaga." It's all a matter of preference. And, yes, I was speaking in broad generalizations, and perhaps I am somewhat partial to blondes. My eye color is brown, so perhaps I'm partial to any color other than brown.
Please don't take any of what I said on a personal basis.

This evokes the idea for a study. Show 1,000 men photos of 20 women. Blondes, brunettes, Asian black hair. Irish red hair. Etc. Show different combos of women's eye colors with different hair color. This really sounds like something the cosmetic/entertainment industry would have done decades ago. See who rates the highest with the 1,000 men via a ranking system (rank the women from 1 to 20). Do a reverse study where 1,000 women similarly vote on us guys. It would be interesting to see the results.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As for another "holy roller" bible reference to hair...Mary Magdaline washed Jesus' feet with her hair...it was a pretty big deal in the bible lol

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is there a link to this email or to the tests that were done? I would appreciate it thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I know that growing a beard gives you more testosterone. Learn it from the New Zealand Warriors rugby team. The whole team grew their beards for the 09/10 season because of that. I guess that might be why Ice hockey players do it???

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snowlord

Interesting and yes all of the little old wise men have long hair and or beards, the Sikhs have know this for centuries and grow their hair and keep it under their turbans, the Native Americans also know this and hold the traditions to this day as a point of strength. I am a Sanyasi...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

I'm just enjoying laughing at you. Every time I drop a "holy" one you give me a few paragraphs. Where does my ego and being sensitive have anything to do with the quote you used. Reeelaax.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by PsychNurse...what credible evidence is there to any of it?

And where is your credible proof that it didn't? I swear, some people have to pick on little things just to try to make some lame point.

Anyways, back to the OP. Quite interesting. People have always connected long hair to being "sexy". So...

I just got a buzz cut myself. Sorta wished I would have let it grow now. Maybe next time around.

Seriously... that's your response?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd never have long hair for I'm too pretty. lol
I don't need that attention.
Same for the preppy look.
Doesn't work for 'me'.

Though love is sexless, it should be handled with care.
It's all about Respect and the love comes naturally.
I'm always playing with the ladies' hair, massages 'better'.
Keanu Reeves, could have been my/his stand in.
I hear it all the time though no complaints.

I tell folks I have 'healing' hands that give to glOw.
No complaints so far, though my Mother in law can be 'bashful' at times.
What a 'sweet' soul she is.
Her daughter is the evidence.

Though I like to give the ladies attention, my wife understands I mean well.
The powers of +Attraction+ are upOn you.
edit on 49pm551153121131201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Jesus was a nazirite like Samson. O man, that might have been too biblical.

No razor shall come upon his head: The hair was to be allowed to grow all during the period of the vow, and then cut at the conclusion of the vow. This was a way of outwardly demonstrating to the world that this man or woman was under a special vow.

i. In the case of Samson, his strength came from his Nazirite’s vow of consecration and separation to God - so when Delilah cut his hair (the most public, visible example of the vow), his strength was lost.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernSON

Some folks like to wear their hair long, just because they can.
A status symbol for some.
A friend of mine from Toronto is the smartest hippy I have ever met.
He's been to over 30 Rolling Stones concerts. lol
Even smoked with the fellows one time after the 'show'.
He wasn't 'invited' just showed up.
That's the way he is.
He has always taken issue with the word 'no'. lmao
He climbed the fence to Paul McCartney's house when he was young just to meet the guy. haha

That's a little much, though Paul knew he knew Geddy Lee.
Not that it mattered.

Never met another that can outtalk myself.
But this fellow if fascinating with an incredible memory.

He comes from a long line of familiarity.
Come to think of it.
Think I'll give em a call.
"Moderation in all things" applies 'here' as well.
Later.

edit on 49am521222121231201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
IN a travel to southamerica we required help from guides who knew the brazilian jungle,we dont know the languaje,but they told us that the guide with the long hair was the optional,i thougth because of the moneys,but now i can understand why.Is understandable the inmense of knowledge that has been lost thru millenia.Is interesting,the maya,the aztecs,the Incas,the vikings,the chinese masters ,the sierra tarahumara natives,all have something in common, even from defferent regions of the world they all have long hair.Good post.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Yes, I know quite a few Mayan folks and they know a thing or two about nature.
They have alot to give for the taking, as long as one isn't 'taking'.
If one combines technology with a knowledge of nature; seems promising.
OutAhere.

edit on 49am281214121231201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Are you enjoying the show?
What's On next?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join