It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Supporters Aim Cyberattacks At PayPal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
PayPal is a legit businesses that has a right to reject any client. I understand the cyber attack but I disagree with it. Businesses shouldn't suffer because they want to protect their reputation and beyond.

Before the flames, let me just point out that I'm the biggest Wikileaks supporter on ATS. I just so happen to disagree with an attack done by some loser hackers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I agree with some of the posters here in saying that this will give the ptb just another reason to crack down on the web. but I honestly don't think in the long run it's going to stop people who are hell bent on using it from doing so.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by PuterMan

Little do these idiots realize is that they are just feeding the beast. They are going to be the cause of the internet being shut down through their actions. And no I don't agree when big brother does it either, two wrongs don't make a right. But considering the mentality that we are dealing with it doesn't surprise me.

So we should just allow ourselfs to be walked all over just to spare the internet possibly being shut down. What a defeatist and poor attitude you have.

Half the world would still be under British rule if people had your attitude

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I love anonymous. every time I see one of their youtube videos I get a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Wikileaks is just giving us the transparency Obama promised but never really intended to deliver. governments keep far too many secrets. they do too many sinister things in secret that affect our daily lives. I say, leak everything, all of it, every scrap of data you can get your hands on, Pull every skeleton out of every closet and just deal with the consequences. The world will be a better place when the dust settles.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I am not happy with this at all..I DO depend on PP to get paid..I make my living as a graphic designer, and my customers pay me with PP. So saying people can get alternative means of support, you are dead wrong.

You're either lying or ignorant. There's several other methods you and your clients could use just as easily.

Escow and Western Union are two good ones. Failing that, your client can always go to the bank and wire you money.

You'll find most professional Graphic Designers don't use Paypal, because it sucks.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
I love anonymous. every time I see one of their youtube videos I get a warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Wikileaks is just giving us the transparency Obama promised but never really intended to deliver. governments keep far too many secrets. they do too many sinister things in secret that affect our daily lives. I say, leak everything, all of it, every scrap of data you can get your hands on, Pull every skeleton out of every closet and just deal with the consequences. The world will be a better place when the dust settles.

Agreed, and if it results in a world war. So be it.

edit on 7-12-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Are you going to come redo all my books and websites, and send out 250,00 emails to everyone for me? This is not just a click of a button, this effects my entire business. The point is, this hurts other people, not just Paypal. And believe me, they already got around it. It wont stop them, but it hurts other people.

So you have an e-mail list of 250,000 people, and you're still relying solely on using Paypal?

If your E-Mail list is your own I'll buy it.
edit on 7-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you, and yes, it's us little people that are being hurt by this. It wont change Paypal's mind, it only hurts the innocent. They have never done wrong by me, and Ive used them for 7 years. I dont use banks.

Paypal has wronged both me and several people I know. Its a terrible organization. These people are doing a huge favor by trying to shut down Paypal. You are like a Goldman Sachs customer who would complain if the companies CEO was arrested because it put a crimp in your day's plans.

Add me to the list. They froze £1300 in funds that I've never seen

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

We've crossed swords occasionally over various issues in the past SD, but i have to say, i may have pegged you wrong..

I agree with your post here 100%.

Nice one.

Star given.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

It's already been made clear, several times actually, that the DoS is aimed at the blog site, *not* the payments processing site.

You'll still be able to accept payments, calm down, you're not going to freeze this winter!

Although, if this is the opening round, you may want to add additional payment options to your business, just for peace of mind if nothing else..if this does happen to escalate to include the payments site, you'll have backup payment options in place.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I agree that PayPal is a horrible organization to deal with if you should ever have a problem transaction, but they happen to be a leader in such transactions so many of us still use them reluctantly. I too had them rip me off after a con artist did a charge back on me & PayPal just took my funds & froze my account.

I hope the attack cost them enough to compel them to reconsider making these types of political decisions in the future.

MasterCard has also quit doing transactions for WikiLeaks. So, what are they going to do against MasterCard?

When Banks & electronic transfer organizations begin to refuse to do service because of their internal politics there is a problem and I would like to see these organization stripped of their authority to do such transactions. Nobody tells us where we can spend our cash so why should we let these companies that we have allowed to replace cash suddenly decide they will decide where and how we can spend our funds?

Just more proof that the Banking industry needs to be destroyed. They are mankind's number one enemy.
edit on 7-12-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

Agreed, with reservations.

Any information that could endanger serving soldiers, or civilians in a war zone for example, should be made public, but *ONLY* after the action or situation being reported on has concluded, to prevent risk of danger to the people affected.

But, i agree that as soon as the immediate danger to lives has passed, say a particular mission has been concluded, only then should the information be released.

Which is exactly what WL is doing right now.

As Ben Kingsley rightly said in the movie 'Sneakers': Too many secrets.

There are, and unless lives and people's safety is directly at stake, there should be no secrets from the public.

Anything and everything supposedly done in our name or supposedly for our 'own good' *has* to be public knowledge.

Too many secrets naturally breeds too many opportunities for corruption.
If the governments of the world refuse or are unable to act in the interests of the electorate and not themselves, then they have to be coerced or forced to comply.

Ideally, that coercion would be peaceful in nature and execution. Using brains instead of brawn.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Couldnt have said it any better myself.... Jolly good show dear chap.

Star for you methinks.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

It's great that you're a 100% supporter of WL, nice one mate.

But, you say a business has a right to refuse anyone's business..what if you lived in a remote town and every business refused to accept your money or process *any* transaction, of any kind that is attached to your name?

How would you live?

You couldn't buy fuel to drive away, nor a train, bus or plane ticket.
You couldn't buy food and supplies, your rent or mortgage would not be paid and you'd be evicted. If you found somewhere to shelter, you couldn't heat it, or light it, you'd have no means of communication, as you phones both landline and mobile would not be paid for.

If you became ill, you'd have no access to medicines or treatment.

Your life would be effectively over in the civilized world, and you'd be reduced to a homeless person, begging on the streets.

I'm not saying this is what is happening to WL or anyone else, but it does illustrate just how monumentally your life, anyone's life would be adversely affected if businesses were 'entitled' to reject payment based on internal prejudices and politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well thank you kindly my good man!

Top of the morning to you!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Not trying to be facetious here, but it really is as simple as a click of a button.

Just mass email every one of your contacts in one go...it wouldn't take any longer than sending a single email.

You don't have to individually email every contact..just send a 'form' email to every contact.

Simple as..a click of a button.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
PayPal is a legit businesses that has a right to reject any client. I understand the cyber attack but I disagree with it. Businesses shouldn't suffer because they want to protect their reputation and beyond.

Before the flames, let me just point out that I'm the biggest Wikileaks supporter on ATS. I just so happen to disagree with an attack done by some loser hackers.

Since when was the US banking industry legitimate? Paypal has more complaints against it in the BBB's records than just about any company in existence. Paypal is not the slightest bit legit as far as I'm concerned. I'd bet hundreds of thousands of people would be able to tell you tell you they were ripped off by Paypal. The organization was okay up until the point where Peter Thiel sold it off, after which point it degraded into a scam operation.
edit on 7-12-2010 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Are you going to come redo all my books and websites, and send out 250,00 emails to everyone for me? This is not just a click of a button, this effects my entire business. The point is, this hurts other people, not just Paypal. And believe me, they already got around it. It wont stop them, but it hurts other people.

So you have an e-mail list of 250,000 people, and you're still relying solely on using Paypal?

This is so #ing great how going for the bad guys, or in this case the middleman between us and the bad guy, is turning people against each other. Keep up the good work.
TPTB don't need no superpower to eradicate you all. If the theories are correct and # truly hits the fan you'll do the job for them.

The post I quoted is only one example.
edit on 7/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
you need software called AES Crypt to open INSURANCE file

many people aproached me and said ' how do i open even if i have the key'

thats how, you install AES Crypt, click on INSURANCE file, it prompts you with key and pass word and thats it, it will most likely become an .RAR or .ZIP archive with .txt documents in it

thank you

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by NadaCambia

This is so #ing great how going for the bad guys, or in this case the middleman between us and the bad guy, is turning people against each other. Keep up the good work.
TPTB don't need no superpower to eradicate you all. If the theories are correct and # truly hits the fan you'll do the job for them.

The post I quoted is only one example.
edit on 7/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

I disagree with her views on Paypal. It's hardly a civil war. Go spread your hysteria somewhere else. It's really not that serious

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join