It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Supporters Aim Cyberattacks At PayPal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Bravo, Bravo, You know how to look up the meanings of words. Now I think Manning although detained at the current moment in time will be arrested and convicted. But thats not what the discussion is about, The discussion is about Wikileaks supporters cyber-attacking paypal. Answer me this if you can. Why does this question get bumped to the side in every thread. Why don't the people that strongly support Wikileaks and Assange take out their aggression with the people "causing" the problems? Example the United States government? I have yet to see people march down to their offices and establishments and demand change, as anyone can hide behind a computer and spout out words of hate and cyber attack. If people feel that strongly about the situation they wouldn't be silenced through net censoring and such? Or is it just easier for people to sit in their homes and complain? There is a reason why when unions protest they do it in person not behind a computer. And no this method does not have to include any kind of violence.

You THINK Maning WILL BE convicted - so as of now he is NOT a criminal.

In any case, according to your government, you are considered a dissenter, possibly a terrorist for even participating on ATS, which, if you remember, has been specifically cited by TPTB as a banned site. So, based on your own logic, that makes you too a criminal. Watch out!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Its not about what you think, as you so plainly depict in your first sentence. Its about what you can FACTUALLY prove.
As for entertaining your questions as to why don't people stand out and voice there views/opinion?
Ever heard of the expression " actions speaker louder than words"? those who back WL, attacked PP, by attacking, in all truth's to the sense, they were voicing their opinion...or their personal dislike for PP.
People have marched down the streets and protested, but alot of good that does huh?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Im saying my business is set up with paypal, and that is how I make my living. So, while you guys are laughing and rubbing your hands..im wondering how the hell Im going to pay my electric bill.

Are you actually having problems, or are you anticipating problems?
second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Terrorism The entire wikileak clan is Terrorist.

If i get charged with rape....I will release the doomsday files...
ect..ect...
Now they are hacking paypal..to get even.

If that isnt Terrorism what is?

And you find it funny this Sexual criminal has so many Great hackers to do his dirty work with out him sayign a word...
Bullcrap the man and his entire WIKILEAK group are terrorist and if you think he is good.. Your a terrorist sympathizer and a complete waste of keyboard to even speak on here with.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I think it's a big early to resort to all out cyberwar.

It is interesting though, how many might be ready to over #wikileaks.
Civil disobedience and passive resistance should ALWAYS be used before any criminal activity.

Instead of attacking paypal's bandwidth, maybe write them a letter and let them know how ticked you are.
They wouldn't listen, so what would need to happen is get some personal email addresses and mailing addresses of their bigwigs.

Talking far and wide about any negative experiences you might have had with them, honest experiences, is another way to hurt them without resorting to criminal attacks. I think about everyone's that dealt with PayPal for any length of time has had a bad experience, no?

Their verification caused me to get scammed once. Scammers can use the post office's willingness to get mail to the right place no matter if the address is messed up to totally bork their safety system.

Too early to resort to all out cyberwar? TPTB have already launched all out cyber war.
second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Bravo, Bravo, You know how to look up the meanings of words. Now I think Manning although detained at the current moment in time will be arrested and convicted. But thats not what the discussion is about, The discussion is about Wikileaks supporters cyber-attacking paypal. Answer me this if you can. Why does this question get bumped to the side in every thread. Why don't the people that strongly support Wikileaks and Assange take out their aggression with the people "causing" the problems? Example the United States government? I have yet to see people march down to their offices and establishments and demand change, as anyone can hide behind a computer and spout out words of hate and cyber attack. If people feel that strongly about the situation they wouldn't be silenced through net censoring and such? Or is it just easier for people to sit in their homes and complain? There is a reason why when unions protest they do it in person not behind a computer. And no this method does not have to include any kind of violence.

In any case, according to your government, you are considered a dissenter, possibly a terrorist for even participating on ATS, which, if you remember, has been specifically cited by TPTB as a banned site. So, based on your own logic, that makes you too a criminal. Watch out!

He would be convicted IF HE wasn't running from Prosecution!!!
He has even said himself if he get's arrested for the rape charge's ..He will release doomsday files on the usa.
He is a rapist terrorist and lord knows what else.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Hey it is not fair to tarnish WL with the acts of Anon, they are two different groups. It is the media that is saying it is WL symphasizers doing the ataks. It is not it is people that group together for the freedom of the internet..
That is all...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by jibeho

I'd highly recommend you establish and report the facts correctly.

manning is detained, not arrested, there is a huge difference between the two...
detained: de·tain (d-tn)
tr.v. de·tained, de·tain·ing, de·tains
1. To keep from proceeding; delay or retard.
2. To keep in custody or temporary confinement: The police detained several suspects for questioning. The disruptive students were detained after school until their parents had been notified.
3. Obsolete To retain or withhold (payment or property, for example).

arrested: An arrest is the act of depriving a person of his or her liberty usually in relation to the investigation and prevention of crime. The term is Anglo-Norman in origin and is related to the French word arrêt, meaning "stop".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrested
Having been stopped or prevented from developing
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/arrested
arrest - collar: take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
arrest - check: hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
arrest - catch: attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
arrest - apprehension: the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal); "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
arrest - halt: cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
arrest - the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"

source: www.google.com...:Arrested&sa=X&ei=wS39TKP_HZC0sAPjs8n3DQ&ved=0CBoQkAE

heres the true story....

source;abcnews.go.com...

nice try with the one sided attempt: but a major one view FAIL!

Thanks smart guy. I never said Manning was arrested. I said he was cooking in jail and that I will wait to hear his defense. Just be glad I'm not a juror though.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This is a free market! If PP wants to sever its business relationship with Wikileaks that is their right to do so based on the nefarious activity of WL. So, poor little Wiki and its lemmings want revenge. Mind numbing!! Apparently, none of these lemmings have ever worked for or even run a business.

Relationships and contracts end all of the time for various reasons. In this case PP is motivated to cut off WL based on its criminal activity. Time to throw the book at all of them including those seeking to attack PP.

Just because they hide behind a computer in their parent's basements does change the legality of their actions. All crimes have victims. No way to rationalize out of that fact. I know several small business owners who earn a portion of their income via Pay Pal. No need for them to change their provider just because some punks want unwarranted revenge. For those who defend the attackers of PayPay... you are just supporting more criminal activity. Time to raise the criminality bar for cyber attackers and treat them as the crooks that they are.

You know what... PayPal is free to purchase enough resources to mitigate DDoS... if they haven't already it's their own fault.

A business with no front door to lock is not a very secure one... methinks they should provide a better service, one that will not be effected by , as you put it "kids behind their computers in their mothers basement".

Though, you should know that that is not what these are...

What's a Bot net?

Notice the last Botnet identified in 2009 had 30 MILLION bots as part of it's network...

So they don't have to use their computer in their mothers basement... they will use yours instead!

I'm still not sure why people would use a service like paypal for finances when it is so easily brought down...

edit on 6-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The title of my thread is in accordance with the ATS T & C.

I agree that this about Internet freedom but as regards the title my hands are tied. As an ATS member who also creates threads you should be aware of that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Don't just cut it off, or you'll just piss people off and we'll lose their support. And if we do, we'll lose the war.

Exactly, this was the point I was trying to get across.

Preventing the smaller businesses from gertting access to PP is just going to annoy them and like Yummy Freelunch says, it is not a simple matter to change over just like that and who else do you trust? (Not that I trust PP either by the way. They are possibly just the best of a bad bunch.)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
Terrorism The entire wikileak clan is Terrorist.

If i get charged with rape....I will release the doomsday files...
ect..ect...
Now they are hacking paypal..to get even.

If that isnt Terrorism what is?

And you find it funny this Sexual criminal has so many Great hackers to do his dirty work with out him sayign a word...
Bullcrap the man and his entire WIKILEAK group are terrorist and if you think he is good.. Your a terrorist sympathizer and a complete waste of keyboard to even speak on here with.

What is wrong with you?

He isnt a terrorist, he isnt accused of violent rape either. In Sweden, you can be charged with rape if your condom falls off .

Who is the "they" that you refer to in hacking PP?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well,that would serve Wikileaks interests really good.
Imagine tptb shut the web down...the whole world economy is too much internet depend right now

People wouldn't accept it.Even the dormant population would join the cause.
Let them shut it down!

edit on 6-12-2010 by upnorthtrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Originally posted by wcitizen

He would be convicted IF HE wasn't running from Prosecution!!!

He isn't running from prosecution - another mistake. The UK police know where he is, and according to his lawyer, whose knowledge of the situation is infintely more reliable than yours, he has been willing to speak with the Swedish authorities from within UK. Since no charges have been brought against him, he is simply wanted for questioning at this stage.

He has even said himself if he get's arrested for the rape charge's ..He will release doomsday files on the usa.
He is a rapist terrorist and lord knows what else.

He is no more a rapist than you are. He had consentual sex, as per the statements of the women inviolved. He broke the law, apparently, by not wearing a condom for consentual sex. That's not rape by any standard. It's simply a technicality they are using. The women have tried to withdraw the charges. The authorities won't agree.

As for terrorist - that word has become totally meaningless and is bandied around by anyone who wants to sensationalise anything at all. Even people who refuse the TSA gropes are considered potential terrorists. The word has lost all real significance... It's just like gutter journalism.
edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

this may be the first open cyber revolution. interesting would be how this develops into the real world. or it will just be an excuse to cripple the internet a a tool of free speech ?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
reply to post by PuterMan

this may be the first open cyber revolution. interesting would be how this develops into the real world. or it will just be an excuse to cripple the internet a a tool of free speech ?

As much as I find this intriguing and interesting... an army of DDoS does not a cyber war make in my opinion.

Though this is truly an INFO WAR... just due to the fact that information is not as protected as many might assume...

but I wouldnt call it a full on cyber war yet...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Hahaha, good work wikleaks!
They have such a strong backing of intelligent minds who have a passion for hacking, thinking outside the square and fighting for the greater good that I dare say they are unstoppable.
Wikileaks army knows no borders, they are a individuals uniting for a cause on an international scale. Not only are they not afraid of governments and threatning them at the same time but they are bringing down any company who supports the corrupt governments attempts to shut them down.
Wikileaks is a network, a web of hackers who will have some of the greatest minds on the planet amoungst them. These guys do what they do for moral reasons or for pleasure - either way they make one hell of an enemy and the best part is this beast has no head - they have a mouth which is assange but destroying him does nothing, because these are individuals uniting for what they consider the greater good. I cant say I agree with everything wikileaks does and will do but they are bringing about change that the world has sought - and I think any change is better than no change because once the change occurs it will suffer the same scrutany as the current regime if not more... It can only lead to a world where the people are taken seriously again.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am new to this site and for several days have sat back and listened to many of the threads and posts in order to get a feel of the overall mindset and although I can agree with much that I see I also can discern hypocrisy when I see it and several on this thread appear to be exercising a fair amount of it. I can understand your anger towards Paypal in respect to Wikileaks but in your rage to shut Paypal down you infringe upon those people that depend upon this site and it's services to conduct business. I am no fan of Paypal but I understand the need for people to have it available to them.

You may feel you are doing the good of the people in your endeavors but understand for many who may have supported your views will now consider it "fanaticism" by infringing upon their rights and thus you choose hypocrisy to justify your actions.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the sad thing is people truly believe that a major US business they can somehow operate autonomously of politics - they cannot.

All it takes is a phone call from the right person to make anyone comply especially a business and do they have responsibility to the one or many ?

wiki leaks knows the potential cost for there actions but if your going to blame anyone go after Lieberman and anyone else dabbling in this business for personal political gain.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

It was indeed the PayPal blog, but they are working on PayPal as we speak.

I was watching progress in the chat room on IRC

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join