It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed explaining somthing about me.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thefamiliar

Hi, I think that your situation is very common, except that most people will take the first diagnosis that they are given and the placebo effect will work for them for a while.

So you are very wise to seek truth Are you aware of a statement made by Albert Einstein in which he said that "Human beings only use 10% of their minds?" I have researched and studied this in search of truth, and I am certain that I have found answers. The 10% that we use believes it is 100%.

There are two polarised aspects to the human mind, the logical and the intuitive. The Yin and Yang, male and female. What I have come to see is that the ASSUMED reality of the Yang aspect does not allow for the EXISTANCE of the Yin aspect. So for most or all of us, the YANG aspect of our mind believes it is the WHOLE mind. Therefore there is a vital part of ourselves (YIN) that is not able to fullfil its natural function and balance our minds. The symptoms of this imbalance can been seen manifesting on different scales across the world. For example, a politician making decisions with their YANG mind believing it is whole will make choices that lead to war. A person who is at peace with themselves will experience physical dis-eases such as cancer. Another person may have mental health problems, such as schizophrenia, or be violent or abusive towards others. So many of the Earths problems are a direct result of the imbalance present within our minds. The last statistic I heard for cancer rates claimed that 1/2 people will contract some form of cancer in their lifetime.

I have written a book which contains simple and easy to implement techniques and instructions to help a person to balance their mind in a natural and painfree way. If you or anyone else would like a FREE PDF copy of my book I will gladly email it to you. However, all I ask in return is that you keep in touch with me and let me know of your progress. It is my hypothesis that as more individuals balance their minds and achieve harmony within themselves, that the world we experience will begin to reflect this harmony back to us. (It is a holographic/fractal universe after all) I indend to measure this as scientifically as possible, by comparing the dates of an individuals progress with that of world events.

So in terms of 2012 and what the ending of this calendar may signify, I wholly believe that this event marks the point where the energy levels of the world move out of severe imbalance towards harmony. I also believe that we can beat the calendar, and achieve more than the Mayan's predicted we were capable of. Therefore I really would like for as many people as possible to read my book and consider implementing the techniques to balance their mind. When we do this, we clear our mind of beliefs that were programmed into us by our environment, and we can really make up our own minds with personal truths that enhance our lives. With the mind clear of old and untrue beliefs, you can then unleash it's amazing power and achieve levels of genius in all that you put your mind and heart on. What comes next is only the beginning of real life. So far, it has just been the illusion of half the mind believing it is whole.

If you would like to read my book then please email me at [email protected]. I have only just launched this "experiment" in the last week, and so you have the opportunity to get on board at the ground level. I will be available to help and assist you online if and when you should need me, and there is a group account of facebook where participants are able to share their experiences, network and share valubale advice and knowledge.

If you are undecided, you may find it helpful to ask yourself a few questions. Do you believe that your mind is divided?
Have you ever consciously witnessed your mind uniting and becoming one? I have, and it is an amazing experience. Living in harmony with the infinite potential of the mind to explore is even better!

I look forward to hearing from you!

with love, peace and happiness!

Laura
xox
[email protected]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds like to me you might be having abduction symptoms...
The Best Part is that you lose weeks at a time...
Maybe your taken off this planet?
Do you feel sickly after the huge loss of time???
Since this is grey area I will say your more than likely if this is Abduction that you are more than likely a hybrid... a maybe Hybrid 2.0 and you are being taken off planet to almost like "test" out certain different worlds...
I have talked to many alleged abductees so I would like to def know as much as possible..

Im just sorry It took me so long to find this thread...
Have you had regression hypnosis on dates in which are missing from memory?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

Hi there. thanks for the insight as although I believe your on the right tracks as far as abduction is wrong I am interested in hybrid theories and would appriciate it if you could spend the time elaborating a little on this or point to a thread which has more information? The reason I think you are wrong is that When I have blackouts I am still here as it were, I still go about my daily business and to most concerned they are unaware that anything is wrong other than I seem to be somewhat remote. When I say blackouts what I mean is that I have personally been unaware of what has been hapening around me. It is as if I have been on auto pilot and is very scary as I am generally unaware of what has happened.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dr Felicitas Goodman wrote several quite interesting books on this topic. One is called How About Demons- it is a multicultural look at the phenomena of possession and exorcism. Another is about the life and death of a young woman, Anna Liesa Michel, who was given hard core psychiatric drugs in an effort to control her symptoms. In your situation, I'd say they they are well worth reading.
edit on 9-12-2010 by annwn because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
According the Dr. Goodman's research cross culturally here are three demands made in most exorcisms

the first is who are you-

the second is what do you want

the third is when are you leaving.

Also cross culturally, entities are bound by the agreements they make. Once they've told you what they want and when they are leaving they are bound to those statements.

In true possession experiences, such as in Brazilian Vodun(sp?) amnesia is expected as part of the experience.

Possession can be considered a religious altered state of consciousness. When positive it is currently often called 'çhanneling'. It appears that one of the major differences between the physiological states associated with possession experiences and shamanic journeys is fear. In an unpublished study Dr. Goodman did with a woman who was a professional channel that also enjoyed shamanic journeying, her blood tests showed that the channeling experience was accompanied by an elevated level of stress hormones. After she was finished there was a spike in endorphins, In contrast, the blood tests for shamanic journeying showed an initial spike of stress hormones which promptly dropped to well below the subject normal levels while her 'feel good' hormones rose steadily through out the experience.

One of the primary differences between possession and journeying is that possession is usually accompanied by amnesia, while journeyers rarely lose their self-awareness.

edit on 9-12-2010 by annwn because: add info

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The best case scenario for a positive resolution of a possession experiences cross culturally is that the person possessed becomes able to focus the energy they experience in such a way that it is a benefit to their community. John of God in Brazil is one such individual. There are a lot of websites about him- here is one

www.johnofgod-healing.com/

Sometimes this transmutation is experienced as demons leaving and angels taking their place, Other times it is experienced as unhappy ancestors agreeing to bless their descendants. That depends on the cultural context. In any case the phrase 'wrestling with your demons' takes on a whole new dimension for some one in your position.

Unfortunately, the usual case history for some one with your kinds of experiences is that it really is a matter of learning how to deal with it. As you have experienced, it doesn't just go away. If you feel this thing has an enormous potential energy, choose an enormous problem and insist that the thing focus on relieving that problem, or leave. If you are strong enough to keep it contained, you are strong enough to keep it focused.

Here is where a spiritual practice comes in handy. If you have been a drinker you probably know the AA 12 step program. What people don't know is that that program works when people follow it because it is based on ancient and pragmatic spiritual practices or that at the time it started the craving to drink really was considered a demon. Once you can get past the dogma, the actual practice of prayer turns out to be some really useful tools for being able to control what is happening inside your own head.

I picked AA because it is simple, effective, and doesn't require you to believe anything. If there is a belief system you like, by all means work within that system.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ritual is a very helpful tool for training your self to be able to go in and out of religious altered states (RAS) of consciousness. Ritual usually consists of setting a specific place, a specific time period, and a specific set of actions that tell your body/mind that it is ok to switch from normal to RAS states and back again, (as you probably learned in hypnotherapy training). Journeying is easily facilitated by any rhythm that is about triple your heartbeat-180-210 bests per minute.

fasting, lack of sleep, and isolation tend to facilitate RAS states

Eating salt and meat tend to reduce RAS states

Some plants have been used for thousands of years to help in clarifying RAS experiences. They include rosemary. lavender, agrimony, solomons seal, wood betony, and cedar.

Others are used to facilitate RAS- such as sage, sweet grass, frankincense...

Matthew Wood has several books on herbs out where you can find information on how plants help in this kinds of situations.

Sorry, I do seem to be going on and on. I was disturbed by people's ignorant reactions to your post.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar
reply to post by antibren

Hi there. thanks for the insight as although I believe your on the right tracks as far as abduction is wrong I am interested in hybrid theories and would appriciate it if you could spend the time elaborating a little on this or point to a thread which has more information? The reason I think you are wrong is that When I have blackouts I am still here as it were, I still go about my daily business and to most concerned they are unaware that anything is wrong other than I seem to be somewhat remote. When I say blackouts what I mean is that I have personally been unaware of what has been hapening around me. It is as if I have been on auto pilot and is very scary as I am generally unaware of what has happened.

Nice post above...very long winded

But I am still very convinced on my viewpoint...
that you couldnt be more txt book abductee...
so I got the clarification on your blackouts so I might have been wrong about the "extended abduction" theory
that would have been a holy grail of abductions

But all that being said I still believe it is even more so the case because you are unaware of your "missing time"
I dont know how old you are but
it could have happen as few of times as maybe when you were a baby toddler etc etc of major physical changes to your body....
or as much as monthly to weekly...
you never answered my question about your "physical" health..
are you sickly much??
or come down with mystery sickness at random times in your life kinda comes and goes??
What about Mystery Scars Marks
Childhood scars where cause was forgotten....
I would love it if you were bald
as I have points for my last two questions...

Now if this is truth and your not lieing...
Then I do in fact support you are some type of hybrid
I retract my 2.0 hybrid theory as that was part of the holy grail theory...
but being hybrid is pretty special too eh??
Now the bad news
your behavior is very similar to alleged "rotten hybrids"
such people as Son of Sam,Charlie Manson, and Hitler were supposed to be of the same cloth...

where did you say you lived?
edit on 10-12-2010 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So far: (Taken exclusively from what the OP has reported himself; not other's comments.)

1. Short term memory loss associated with intermittent periods of emotional distance or disassociation.

2. Maintains ability to carry out routine tasks and functions during those periods. Appears "normal" to others.

3. Senses, with varying degrees of intensity, another "entity" within himself that is in need of being controlled. Effort required to control corresponds to intensity of sense; sometimes requiring so much as to block out external awareness.

4. Reports of others being able to incite undisclosed negative reactions from this entity by verbally challenging it. On such occasions the host fears he may have lost control over the entity.

5. Entity has the body of a man with the head of a lion and comes from a time before the concept of good and evil. (Just is? No judgement?)

6. Early onset of experiences with no association to trauma - physical or emotional.

7. No positive results from numerous medical/physical tests or treatments; including medications.

8. Some information about the entity comes to the host thru dreams and hallucinations.

9. Has had occasions of speaking "in tongues".

I have just tried to sum up in one place everything we have been told thus far in an attempt to get a clearer picture. I think one is coming together to me. It is very interesting. My tentative feelings are that this lies outside the realm of anything that modern medicine is set up to deal with; at least in anything but a dulling way.

As long as our protagonist is preparred to cope without crutches or blinders to try and find out what this is, then I would support him at least in that effort. I have no special talents to help solve the mystery unfortunately.
edit on 12/10/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

actually, alien abductions fall quite nicely into the cross cultural map of demonic possession. Calling it aliens is acceptable in contemporary culture, calling it demons is not.

But the symptoms are remarkably similar. What is consistent through out human history is that something does happen to some people.

I do have to agree that since most of western medicine/science is practiced by people who are proud to state that they use less than 10% of their brains, it is not surprising that they cant explain 90% of what people experience.

And I do question the diagnosis of alien abduction. However satisfying it may be to the diagnoser,is it actually helpful to person posting as the familiar?

edit on 11-12-2010 by annwn because: add info

edit on 11-12-2010 by annwn because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
5. Entity has the body of a man with the head of a lion and comes from a time before the concept of good and evil. (Just is? No judgement?)

I am wondering if the OP has read the Gospel of Mark. Traditionally, the four faced seraphim (face of man, ox, eagle and lion) is seen as representative of the Gospels, particularly the synoptic gospels, and it is the seraphim which draw the chariot (merkabah) of god. I think it is the means by which the 'word', 'message', 'spirit' of god 'reaches' or splits the heavens, in order to reach the 'host'. The Lion face is supposed to represent the Gospel of Mark.

I think the Chronicles of Narnia may be of help too, in understanding the nature of the Lion...but again I am not entirely sure, only he can know what is relevent here. Aslan is representative of 'coming to' the Son of Man, and the Daughters of Eve, as well as the animals. I think that Lewis was tapping into something much older than Mark, and I don't feel as though the OP should be afraid of the Lion aspect, others may be afraid, but only so much as the Truth can be cruel, I don't think it represents a physical threat...it just may seem harsh and lacking in patience...again I am unsure...but it might help.

The same use of the ox, lion, eagle can be seen on the figures of Artemis, which long predates Mark. In that context it is seen as representative of the kingdoms and of the domestication or supremacy of/over those animals. The sense of feralness that the OP describes, or the sense of needing to control that entity may be more a matter of social mores rather that the entity being in any way violent. I suspect that all attacks are verbal...but again...not sure...I have my own delusions and instincts. I don't think he should take medication though, not if he is otherwise functioning and able to manage the 'problem'.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wayno- Thanks for your synopsis of 'thefamiliar's posts.

It is because 'thefamiliar' seems quite coherent, functional, and self-reflective that I was drawn to respond, even though I ended up here by accident and am not ordinarily a blogger.

Weirdly enough, RASC's (religious altered states of consciousness) voluntary and involuntary are one of my areas of expertise, from personal experience, study, and in working with others. I at least have a context for 'thefamiliars's experiences. I am glad to do what I can to give him some framework for dealing with his situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by annwn

I think it was a fortuitous accident that you found this thread. I'm glad you did.

I have obviously been captivated by what I see as a legitimate call for help from an honest man with an interesting story, even if I was skeptical at first.

If we take the position, for discussion's sake, that this is an RASC, do you think thefamiliar is entering into this state voluntarily or involuntarily? If its involuntary, can it be determined who or what brings it on?

thefamiliar, I would be interested on your take regarding these ?'s as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seeyounexttuesday

Interesting perspective. Your conclusion here,

The sense of feralness that the OP describes, or the sense of needing to control that entity may be more a matter of social mores rather that the entity being in any way violent. I suspect that all attacks are verbal...but again...not sure...

resonates well with the sense I get too. I think he alluded to the same thing himself.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dr. Goodman was involved in a a study in the late 1960's that laid the ground work for the current inclusion of shamanic RASC's in psychotherapy. The study was funded by the national institute for mental health and the question was are there culturally sanctioned experiences of RASC's and what the researchers ended up calling 'non-consensual reality' in anthropological and enthnological studies. The answer was that every culture, has a socially sanctioned form of RASC's, a coherent structure for coping with experiences of non-consensual reality AND recognize the difference between mental illness and RASC's, except for ours.

So really the problem is not do you hear voices in your head, but how well do you handle them, and how well do you function within your community.

edit on 12-12-2010 by annwn because: add info

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The lion is associated with the element of fire in alchemy and astrology. In a different cultural context, if some one came to me and said "I am the guardian of fire. It is neither good nor evil. But it is enormously powerful and needs to be contained so it doesn't run riot." I'd be quite appreciative.

In the physical fire gives, warmth, light, and in the hearth or forge makes all kinds of things possible from bread to pottery to metal. When it runs riot, whether as a house fire or as a volcano, it can do some serious damage.

In the esoteric, it gives insight and illumination, as well as purification. In alchemy there are three stages of purification by fire called incineration, digestion, and calcification. A more accessible trio might be cooking, eating, and embodying insights and information. When esoteric fire runs riot, people can get delusional.

Thefamiliar seems pretty grounded to me. he is saying how do I deal with this, how do I get on with my life, how do I not hurt people... And he has been very level headed, focused, and kind in responding to the posts that have ranged from cynical, (hes doing it for attention) to insulting (he's an alien hybrid like son of sam)

My personal take is that thefamiliar is a good man dealing with an extremely difficult situation in an unsupportive environment.

I too would like to hear from thefamiliar. I am also aware that what I have posted is a huge amount of information to assimilate. I'll check in a couple times over the next week and see if he has anything to say. Meanwhile I am wishing him well.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Gaining voluntary control over RASC's is one of the biggest challenges in dealing with them. We have trivialized the idea of initiations, but thefamiliar is dealing with the real thing. There are a couple of different paths people take.

One is to use ritual to change from ordinary to RASC. Ritual can be quite simple. In thefamiliars case, since memory is an issue for him it might be useful to get some essential oil of rosemary. Rosemary has been associated with memory for several thousand years, and in an aromatherapy study did help people taking tests with their memory. And since he has some experience in hypnotherapy, giving himself a hypnotic suggestion that every time he smells rosemary, he comes back to himself and remembers what was happening. Then he would also need a distinct time, place, and setting where he would switch to the RASC. Staying with scents and the plant world, sage would be the one to facilitate that.

The other is the lifetime training that allows you to walk in both worlds at once. Which basically means your brain is running in beta (ordinary consciousness) and theta (RASC) at the same time. For that you need a spiritual practice, and a mentor really helps if you can find one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Soulcraft by Bill Plotkin is one of the better books out there combining visionary techniques and depth psychology. The audience he's aiming is mostly suffering from ennui, but there are enough instances in the book of people suddenly realizing that they dealing with something very real and very wild and very essential to our human lives to make it helpful.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by annwn
Soulcraft by Bill Plotkin is one of the better books out there combining visionary techniques and depth psychology. The audience he's aiming is mostly suffering from ennui, but there are enough instances in the book of people suddenly realizing that they dealing with something very real and very wild and very essential to our human lives to make it helpful.

Very interesting posts annwn. I support what Goodman says about Shamanism in the West, the tradition has been lost, particularly in recognising those traits associated with Shamanism...but the phenomenon that seems to identify the Shaman to the group is still existent.

I came across this text today when I was researching something else, it seemed pertinent to the OP.

Matthew said to him: "Lord, no one can find the truth except through you. Therefore teach us the truth."
The Savior said: "He Who Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world until now, except he alone, and anyone to whom he wants to make revelation through him who is from First Light. From now on, I am the Great Savior. For he is immortal and eternal. Now he is eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. Since no one rules over him, he has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another."

(BG 84, 13-17 adds: He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another).

"And he has a semblance of his own - not like what you have seen and received, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the universe. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. Since it is infinite, he is ever incomprehensible. He is imperishable and has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is eternal. He is blessed. While he is not known, he ever knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishability blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'".

Philip said: "Lord, how, then, did he appear to the perfect ones?"
The perfect Savior said to him: "Before anything is visible of those that are visible, the majesty and the authority are in him, since he embraces the whole of the totalities, while nothing embraces him. For he is all mind. And he is thought and considering and reflecting and rationality and power. They all are equal powers. They are the sources of the totalities. And their whole race from first to last was in his foreknowledge, (that of) the infinite, unbegotten Father."

Thomas said to him: "Lord, Savior, why did these come to be, and why were these revealed?"
The perfect Savior said: "I came from the Infinite that I might tell you all things. Spirit-Who-Is was the begetter, who had the power a begetter and a form-giver`s nature, that the great wealth that was hidden in him might be revealed. Because of his mercy and his love, he wished to bring forth fruit by himself, that he might not his goodness alone, but (that) other spirits of the Unwavering Generation might bring forth body and fruit, glory and honor, in imperishableness and his infinite grace, that his treasure might be revealed by Self-begotten God, the father of every imperishableness and those that came to be afterward. But they had not yet come to visibility. Now a great difference exists among the imperishables."

He called out, saying: "Whoever has ears to hear about the infinities, let him hear!"; and "I have addressed those who are awake." Still he continued and said: "Everything that came from the perishable will perish, since it came from the perishable. But whatever came from imperishableness does not perish but becomes imperishable. So, many men went astray because they had not known this difference and they died."

Mary said to him: "Lord, then how will we know that?"
The perfect Savior said: "Come (you) from invisible things to the end of those that are visible, and the very emanation of Thought will reveal to you how faith in those things that are not visible was found in those that are visible, those that belong to Unbegotten Father. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear!

(emphasis in bold, mine)

www.gnosis.org...

The lion, is a manifestation, whether through choice on the part of the OP, or through other pre-existing parametres, I would need to know more about his ethnicity before delving more into that, but there is an element of visualising that which we are comfortable with and so the lion is not necessarily indicative of true form. So while one may see a lion another may see an alien, and certainly in this society the latter is more likely, as in Carl Sagan's Contact, where the woman's father is the messenger, the mind will find a way to rationalise or put a face to that which can be felt but not seen and I think that is what the text above tries to communicate.

I wonder whether the entity needs to communicate and that is why he seems so angry and 'let's rip' as soon as he thinks he can be seen. I suspect the OP will struggle to achieve unity with the entity until he allows it expression on that level, he will always be managing the 'problem' otherwise, rather than 'realising' or 'self-actualising' the sum of all his parts and becoming fully Twice Born.

The Rosemary is a very good idea. I may try that one myself. Thanks for the tip.

I do hope that the OP comes back to talk to you, I think he could gain alot from it, you obviously have experience and insight into this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join