It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks has signaled the wake up call. Will you answer it and join the resistance?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Personally I don't feel that Wikileaks has done anything other than cause embarrasment and mayhem, the implications of some of what has been released is that some could lose their lives because of it, it interferes with strategy, things of this nature should not be in public possesion. I see what has happened as being wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I love Julian. We need to make a stand. Against all that oppose us. Please.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I love Julian. We need to make a stand. Against all that oppose us. Please.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Few things..some answers various posters have asked, some corrections...

I know of only 1 wikileaks member, head of operations in Germany, that defected because he did not like the direction wikileaks was taking. This got twisted in the media to 'some members.' Only one- that same one- was ever quoted or reported on. Julian also stated he was the only one.

No one hacked into anyone's computer. Assange certainly didn't. The media wants him linked to 'hacker' to confuse people not willing to really follow the facts closely. Assange is pure brilliance and has written a lot of the code, strategy, and encryption for the wikileaks project. Bradly Manning, if it was him, did not hack into anyone's computer. He had legal access to the documents, found them horrifying, and as an act of civil disobedience copied them with a thumb drive to leak them. When Elsberg took the Pentagon papers, that's what the Supreme court said he did - not theft, but an act of civil disobedience when faced with government injustice.

Yes, there has been a call to resistance of sorts. On Twitter, supporters are encouraged to tweet with #imwikileaks as a hash tag. Techies all over the place have copied and mirrored those documents and are actively working to counteract censorship.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Personally I think it is a good thing that Assange is so popular right now and that his name and image are plastered all over every news source across the globe. With so much attention, hopefully it will prevent him from being "suicided" like so many others who stepped on the wrong toes.

The fact that he is an infamous figure at the center of a world wide contrversy may be the only thing that is keeping him alive. I wouldn't be suprised to see him convicted of these bogus sex crimes and locked away in Gitmo or some other hell hole. All I know is I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. But I do admire the man for risking his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join