It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientifically Speaking, Quantum Physically speaking, how could an after life exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Science does not know this.
Certain neuroscientists theorize that consciousness is the result of the complex firing of neurons which give rise to consciousness; however, this has never been proven. In fact, there are cases of people who have experienced NDEs who were clinically brain dead who have woken up to descibe their external environment.
Also, how does passing out or being under prove that consciousness is the result of our brain? Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps the brain is merely a receiver of consciousness much like a radio is a receiver of radio signals? The interface between body and spirit.
edit on 3-12-2010 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AAOOMMAA
YOU are a soul, not a body. you aren't a body with a soul..once a physical body has died, the soul moves on to another body (not necessarily human) until it's karmic intentions are met. think of a soul as a bent and crooked beam of light. each lesson you learn, or as you evolve, your light becomes more straight. thus, it takes many lives and experiences to straighten this light before it re-joins the BIG light..i.e.God, or whatever..that's my take on it anyway, more or less. hope this helped..i found hinduism and buddhism helped me understand. but if you seek, you will find!

This is an interesting theory.. I've got a third option 'tho: What if this "soul" continues to evolve into more higher levels? I mean, if you're not incarnated or not dipped into the big nothing, what then? Do you continue your evolution? Into other dimensions?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Your brain controls your consciousness/mind and once that is gone, you won't be conscious.

You sound so sure of yourself. Actually, all we know is that there is a correspondence between the physical (brain) and the mental (experience). Damage the brain and you alter the consciousness, etc. But to say that one causes the other is making unfounded assumptions. Nobody knows what the link is between mind and body.

One thing it's helpful to keep in mind is that experience is primary. In fact the existence of the entire physical world with its matter and energy and laws, is a big inductive inference derived from experience.

So no, you haven't really solved anything. This is one mystery whose answer we may never know but at the very least won't know until we die.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The brain is the conduit of experience.

You should go into your mind and restructure your experience. The mind is not the brain, the mind is using the brain as a conduit. Its like plugging in a computer. The computer doesn't work without the power.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
You've got it all backwards - its science that is the illusion, it doesn't really exist. The soul is energy that is boundless and can't be trapped in the body at death. But if you truly believe what you wrote I pity you, i really do.

Well, if you don't believe in science then I pity you. I hope you don't try jumping off buildings anytime soon...

People, your consciousness is in your brain. No brain, no consciousness. Anyone who has ever fainted before should know this.

Also, what is the soul and where is it located in the body?
edit on 3-12-2010 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Explain to me how psychics solve murders which they have no firsthand knowledge about by communicating with the consciousness of people long since dead and uncover facts unknown to investigators?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
reply to post by arpgme

Science does not know this.
Certain neuroscientists theorize that consciousness is the result of the complex firing of neurons which give rise to consciousness; however, this has never been proven. In fact, there are cases of people who have experienced NDEs who were clinically brain dead who have woken up to descibe their external environment.
Also, how does passing out or being under prove that consciousness is the result of our brain? Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps the brain is merely a receiver of consciousness much like a radio is a receiver of radio signals? The interface between body and spirit.
edit on 3-12-2010 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

If you make a tape recording of a conversation and then play it back long afterwards, the conversation still exists and you can still hear it.

Is it relevant where the memory of that conversation is stored?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OK here go's nothing is ever destroyed it only changes form so scientifically speaking we just don' know how our perception of our existence may change once our body is transformed into something else,

Quantum experiments lead one to believe that individual particals have and behave with a mind of there own (the observer effect) if a single partical can do every different thing at once when not being observed than maybe once we change form we will become limitless in our ability? yet our perception of reality may change also, may be like being born again forget most of the stuff learnt already.

Or maybe when we die the transmutation of the elements that make up a person, become the soul itself ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If every atom has consciousness then why is it that I only have consciousness in my brain? Why is it that I can't have consciousness of every cell in my body? My body may be made up of cells and atoms but I don't feel each and every one of them consciously. I feel like a whole body.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Some people never get to experience what a mundane minded person would refer to as a miracle. I once had a love, (I miss her nearly every day since we parted) that was/is a shapeshifter/skinwalker. I witnessed it and if I had not I would never have believed it. She is a member of ATS even.

How she does it I feel is that her conscientiousness, her soul has the ability to enter an animal. This universe is impossible to explain through science.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
With all of our neurons connected, we have enough pathways for our brain to be the supercomputer that it is, and give us the reality we have.

When we damage our brain, our reality is altered, predictably, depending on the area of the brain effected. The more brain, the more incapacitated we are. We will even act unlike ourselves and do things that our not us.

So how do you explain this situation...?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Your brain is how you deal with the physical world. It is a communication device and an operating system for the soul.

When your TV is damaged it does the same thing but the signal is still being sent from the Satellite you just get it screwed up on your receiver.

If you go deep enough within you can hear the soul. When you think to yourself now why did I do that? Or why am I doing this? You can see yourself in the third person.

Your mind and body is a vessel for living in the physical world, when the vessel is impaired your navigation and communication becomes wonky.

Think deeper thoughts and meditate, you will then find your way to soul realization. Currently you seem to be just skimming the surface.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is no such thing as after-life, there is only LIFE, in it's various forms. Death, thus, does not exist - since you are the whole, and the whole is you. As for consciousness, that is a mere projection of the limited brain activity we have, while in this form of energy.
The form that the indestructible energy, that exists in every particle, assumes, is irrelevant - only your consciousness, and the used of said energy will be altered. I assume your question to be, "Will the new consciousness/energy be aware of it's past forms"? That would be a big no!
Since you have existed for all eternity, and cannot recall your previous forms - it is safe to assume, your new form will not recognize your current one. So, from a Quantum point of view, the after life is incontestable; from a Philosophical point of view ot is dependent on what schools/religions/gurus, and the likes, you care to believe...but, I would add, that again consciousness seems to be missing, assuming, always, a different form.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Your brain controls your consciousness/mind and once that is gone, you won't be conscious.

Your heart controls the pumping of the chemicals which bears emotions, once your heart is gone there is no more emotion.

When you die, your body goes into the ground and it becomes food for worms and the ground.

With this being said, how can there be an after life?

Compare what you are saying to the relationship between you and your PC.

Once your PC is gone, do you think you will be gone too?

Take this scenario for example:

You have a community of people who only communicate amongst each other through PC. One individual's PC gets old (we call this individual PC1) and gets ruined beyond repair, he can't communicate with the other PC users anymore.
Question: What will the other PC users within the community think? Will they think that PC1 died, that his existence is finished, he does not exist anymore?

Question: Who is PC1? Is it the PC, or the individual behind the PC?

Question: What if you are ignorant and don't know about yourself, you only know about the PC? and you think you are the PC?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If that's the case then what holds our consciousness? and if it is our "soul", then what is a soul exactly and where can it be located? We know that there are organs inside of us, we know that the right/left sides of the brain join together to make a certain consciousness, we know that our bodies are made of cells, atoms, quarks, energy, but where is this soul?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I want to believe in this but I've never been enlightened, if that's even possible. All I see is humanity destroying itself, and the corrupt prevailing. This is why I rely on math/science which is the only true universal language. I see people altering themselves to deal with adversity, changing how they feel, what they feel, and the mind is so powerful, when faced with death, it events an afterlife...

But if you have any suggestions in enlightening me, then by all means...

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Your brain is how you deal with the physical world. It is a communication device and an operating system for the soul.

Your mind and body is a vessel for living in the physical world, when the vessel is impaired your navigation and communication becomes wonky.

Think deeper thoughts and meditate, you will then find your way to soul realization. Currently you seem to be just skimming the surface.

edit on 4-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

we know that our bodies are made of cells, atoms, quarks, energy, but where is this soul?

I am not sure why I am replying in this thread, it seems most have only payed attention to the physical realm.

The soul seems to be located in the Pineal gland. This is the potion of the brain that sits between the two hemispheres and is what mystic refer to as "The third eye".

I suggest you study life a bit further.

edit on 4-12-2010 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I cannot do that. Only you can. "When the student is ready the teacher will come" You may never be ready in this lifetime, each life is a journey of learning a chapter of every aspect of the physical realm, if your soul is not at the point of learning of itself then it is what it is. Not ready. Maybe life will gift you mystical experiences. Then again it may not. You are still very young.

My journey began with three black cats...

Then followed three women that went by their middle name, the last one was the shapeshifter.

After that there was three more black cats.

I have not the time or the motivation to begin to explain this sojourn in any detail at all, I wrote the above as a funny reminder to myself.

The beginning of one of my journals is this. "there was magick in those three black cats"

The depth of that one sentence is infinite. Just ask Krissy.

As cryptic as this post was, so is life for one that is yet to be "enlightened"

I want to believe in this but I've never been enlightened, if that's even possible. All I see is humanity destroying itself, and the corrupt prevailing.

Mankind's journey is still in its infancy. We stand at the threshold of the next great awakening that will spin us off to the next series of infinite mysteries. Grab some popcorn and enjoy.
edit on 5-12-2010 by LoneGunMan because: of :shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

This is a short piece I wrote in college on the physics of the soul, hope this helps.

If space is comprised of two parts space, one part time, then is it not possible that the human spirit or soul, the part of us that lives on after we die physically, lives on in another dimension where time does not exist? Or, possibly, that dimension consists only of time and no space?
I suppose spaces are relative, and time possibly might be the only dimension you exist in. Better still, there could be a whole new dimension or dimensions that we in human form cannot even wrap our tiny brains around. Brains that we use only a fraction of to its potential. Few people seem to be born with a gift to read minds or see the future, but in reality, everyone in theory could learn to do this with the proper set of instructions. This has in fact been tested of course, but that is for later concern.
If energy cannot be destroyed, then where does our energy go when we die? Scientist have proven, just 12 short years ago, that a photon can have an equal an opposite reaction up to seven miles apart from itself, it stands to reason that other things we can't see or know what are made up of , might be made of similar particles. Particles that exist in us as our soul, if you will. I like it to the analogy that when you are sitting on a chair, your perception is that you are sitting on a chair, but in reality there is a thin fractional marginal amount of energy that you are hovering over the chair with. You just can't see it or sense it because it is so fractional. This is a cold hard fact. That same energy I believe is attached to the soul the way the electrons orbit the nucleus. We are the nucleus so to speak. I could also go into great deal about how the proton like particles of your soul I believe can be increased or neutralized, depending on how we live our lives in this dimension, thereby prolonging life here. I theorize also that the decay of some matter, somehow, releases eventually, changing the spirit or soul. This could be for the better or for the worse, depending on the result, which would be only relative, of course to the individual soul. Every soul would also be as unique as DNA, and even twins will be quick to note their differences.
So in the end, if all we are is energy, would you want to be more positive energy than negative energy? If not for your own sake, but for the good of the world around you and the people in it I hope. Unfortunately we know all too well, this is not the case, ah, but to dream of a perfect world...
In any case, the soul does go on. When we die, our soul does go to a place and exist where our relative energies at. Sorta like electrons, except without the negative charge. They would be like elements, that might be a better way to put it, coexisting in a time which has no beginning or end. It is a very stable space. Everything is balanced. I feel like it is electrical energy, though, by us can only be perceived by a flat line.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If that's the case then what holds our consciousness? and if it is our "soul", then what is a soul exactly and where can it be located? We know that there are organs inside of us, we know that the right/left sides of the brain join together to make a certain consciousness, we know that our bodies are made of cells, atoms, quarks, energy, but where is this soul?

For sake of the argument, let'as assume there IS a Soul. There's no "where" for the Soul in this realm. That's the problem here. You think mechanicistic and in 3 (actually 4..details though-) dimensions, thus everything must have a "where" i.e., a location, somewhere specific in this (!) time and space.

Ask Yourself: "Where is the avatar in a computergame, when not playing? Is it the bits and bytes saved on the HDD?" Yes, in this case it is. As long as the HDD stays magnetic, this avatar will exist in loose parts, scattered over several sectors of Your HDD, ready to be assembled in this character you play with.

Buuut, and there's the cracker, is this character "aware" that it "is" after being assembled into the figure you see running around? No, of course not. Yet, We, as a species are "aware" that we "are" and question where "we" are. How come?

You ,are steering that character, so You are his "soul" so to speak. Still "You" are not in this computer generated world of the character, "You" are an outside observer and helmsman of this computer character. "You" keep on functioning, doing your thing, even when the PC is switched off, and the character is disassembled in it's bit&bytes again..."dead" so to speak.

Let's take it one step further: Assume You wear a feed-back vest/suit that lets You feel every bullet, every hit, every explosion in the game (they are available, though somewhat expensive). Does that make the character aware? No, again, of course not, but NOW You feel what the character is simulated to feel inside this game-world ,yet, You still are an "outsider" even when feeling every jolt, hit etc at the specific places the character gets them in the game. You could styart to identify with the character. If put to the extreme, You, in Your mind, become the character

I know, I am skirting religion here. I am an Atheist, but I do believe that the thing that makes us "us" is an external factor, not bound by time and 3-space. We, our flesh-bags, are no more than the game characters/conduits in something much bigger. To a certain extent I seriously ponder the holographic universe and the Matrix -variations of thinking about reality.

And if I am wrong? No biggie, I won't notice anyways when dead physical form means no more soul and awareness.

On a side-note: The advent of computers has opened a whole can of worms for Philosophy, and especially for Metaphysics, that puts forward many more questions than can EVER be answered, but the search for the answers is fantastic.
edit on 12/5/2010 by diakrite because: clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Supposed that you are saying that humans live in 4 dimensions (height/length, depth, space, time) and the soul lived on a 5th dimension. It would have to live in all 4 dimensions plus that one, otherwise it is illogical. If existence is space/time and the soul doesn't exist within space and time, then it doesn't exist.

Here is a mathematical equation just to make the logic simple.

Existence = Space/Time

Soul ≠ Space/Time

So, Soul ≠ Existence

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join