It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World is near!!!!!!!! RIP August 11, 3114 BC - December 21, 2012 AD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. This site is a honey pot of doom and gloom sometimes. Dont let it get to you. Reflect a happier universe when you can.
What you think may happen. Maybe it will come true.. Remember it is all relative and your truth and reality are not mine. What happens in your universe may well not happen in mine.
We have a lot more control over the world than we realise.. So mb jst be a little careful of what you want to reflect. The universe is far stranger than we coudl ever imagine

kx

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
IF they knew that every 25,000 years or thereabouts the stars in the heavens repeated their positions due to the Earth's "wobble", and they represented those positions on a calendar, WHY MAKE TWO ?

they actually used more than 2 calendars
you need to imagine the cogs of a gear to understand this... or check the links

The Haab - this was a solar calendar 360+5 day calendar that was used for the purpose of taxation and crop harvesting.

The Tun - 360 day

the Tzolkin - 260 day calendar. This calendar was not based on the solar year. Its purpose was about divinie intention.

there is also the long count calendar, and the supposed Coba Stela I calendar(that shows the age of the universe being 16.4byo)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Welcome to ATS.
I've got a few comments back for ya'...

Originally posted by Ravage
August 11th 3114 BC WHEN THE EARTH ITSELF BEGAN! ...

Wrong.

After the world ends in 2012, I think 2060 will be the next major date ....

If the world ends in 2012, then there will be no 'date' afterwards.
2060 won't happen. It won't exist. No calendars and no people to track time.
See?

It seems most people are more concerned with getting their snide remarks in than reading your post.

Welcome.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

The only one who claims this are Calleman and his followers. The actual date on the stela is 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0 4 Ajaw 8 Kumk’u. For whatever reason, Calleman disregards everything after the ninth position, which does correspond to around 16 billion years. As you can see however, the date extends far beyond this. Dr. David Stuart talks about the Stela on his blog.

The "Era" Date on Coba, Stela 5

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
The global warming caused by several factors, concerns me the most. I fear that these factors not only caused the death of the dinosaur, but will ultimately cause world dissasters for all in the comming 10 years or less. We need to work together on a solution and put an end to the POWER, GREED machine and start to work on ways to help the planet get better. Here is a clip of whats to come. TAKE HEED, YOU ARE NOTIFIED. www.youtube.com... Also this www.youtube.com... I believe that this is why the gov't has done this to protect themselves and you and i were not invited. www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... Only a select few know about this and it is now getting out. Some gov'ts of the world have already been digging into this information and are preparing for it. I just hope that enough info is put out, so we too can prepare. Tho i do not think that everyone is invited, so you might want to prepare now for the upcomming events that will happen worldwide. This will not be an overnight thing here. It will happen in a span of 10 years. PEACE
edit on 3-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)
I cannot get the one vid to work, thats a conspiracy. Here, go to you tube and punch in (fire and ice: permafrost melt spews combustable methane).
edit on 3-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)
I would like to know whats causing this tragedy? Is this a number of events?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ever wondered how cities and artifacts are buried under so much dirt globally? I have.

Keep your eye on the SOHO telescope. Something has disturbed the asteroid belt and many, many large asteroids have hit the sun with ENORMOUS explosions in the past 60 days. What disturbed the asteroid belt?

Nobody knows. One theory is the sun is emitting more thus radiant energy is hitting the asteroid belt spinning up asteroids sending them into each other and our way/into the sun.

This is how everything on Earth got buried. This is what 2012 is all about.

The sun squatted down and is spinning more know. What effected the sun causing all this? The center of our galaxy. That ole black hole has some strong gravity and we're seeing it in action right now. Avoid daylight time. Go out at night. Find a cave. It's about to get burying time on Earth again.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

See?

world (wûrld)
n.
1. The earth.
2. The universe.
3. The earth with its inhabitants.
4. The inhabitants of the earth; the human race.
a. Humankind considered as social beings; human society: turned her back on the world.
b. People as a whole; the public: The event amazed the world.
6. often World A specified part of the earth: the Western World.
7. A part of the earth and its inhabitants as known at a given period in history: the ancient world.
8. A realm or domain: the animal world; the world of imagination.
a. A sphere of human activity or interest: the world of sports.
b. A class or group of people with common characteristics or pursuits: the scientific world.
10. A particular way of life: the world of the homeless.
11. All that relates to or affects the life of a person: He saw his world collapse about him.
12. Secular life and its concerns: a man of the world.
a. Human existence; life: brought a child into the world.
b. A state of existence: the next world.
14. A large amount; much. Often used in the plural: did her a world of good; candidates that are worlds apart on foreign policy.
15. A celestial body such as a planet: the possibility of life on other worlds

The myans themselves say this will be the end of the 4th world and the start of the 5th world. This doesnt mean time will end, it doesnt even have to mean humanity ends... more likely a collapse of society and our current way of life, we've reached a cyclical peak so the old system all comes tumbling down around us to make way for the birth of a new way of life for humantiy on earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

August 11th 3114 BC WHEN THE EARTH ITSELF BEGAN!

Ahem. Where did you get this nonsense? First of all, Earth began few million years ago. Civilized culture also began quite earlier, regardless what the present history says.

Let's return to this thread on December 22, 2012, okay?

The myans themselves say this will be the end of the 4th world and the start of the 5th world.

Those are the Hopis. And they won't end, just something nice will happen. Something what I await a long time ago, the return of my little blue star.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
You need to put in your 20 posts before posting a non-introduction thread. It's not that hard. Might take a whole hour.

This is for "introductions" so I have no more comments.

Half-right.
The 20 post requirement is to stop people/bots from creating spam threads.. it's not to force normal people like OP to post 20 times before they can create a thread. Infact sometimes if the user messages a mod they will let them post the thread even if they haven't reached 20 posts.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Oh yes, please don't believe that the world is going to end on december 21, 2012

I can asure you, that date is wrong. Just live your life and enjoy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Your evidence is that the Mayan calendar ends on that date?

You do know that the Mayan calendar is completely based of a cyclical nature, and hence cannot have a beginning or an end, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

See?

world (wûrld)
n.
1. The earth.
2. The universe.
3. The earth with its inhabitants.
4. The inhabitants of the earth; the human race.
a. Humankind considered as social beings; human society: turned her back on the world.
b. People as a whole; the public: The event amazed the world.
6. often World A specified part of the earth: the Western World.
7. A part of the earth and its inhabitants as known at a given period in history: the ancient world.
8. A realm or domain: the animal world; the world of imagination.
a. A sphere of human activity or interest: the world of sports.
b. A class or group of people with common characteristics or pursuits: the scientific world.
10. A particular way of life: the world of the homeless.
11. All that relates to or affects the life of a person: He saw his world collapse about him.
12. Secular life and its concerns: a man of the world.
a. Human existence; life: brought a child into the world.
b. A state of existence: the next world.
14. A large amount; much. Often used in the plural: did her a world of good; candidates that are worlds apart on foreign policy.
15. A celestial body such as a planet: the possibility of life on other worlds

The myans themselves say this will be the end of the 4th world and the start of the 5th world. This doesnt mean time will end, it doesnt even have to mean humanity ends... more likely a collapse of society and our current way of life, we've reached a cyclical peak so the old system all comes tumbling down around us to make way for the birth of a new way of life for humantiy on earth.

I half-agree, although the mayan 'prophecies' (for lack of a better word) are based mostly on consciousness, not physicality.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

True. Its first and foremost a spiritual event, but is bound to percolate down into "real" world changes or be catalysed by earth changes. I try to meet people half way to get around this idea that its the end of everything including time, maybe the 2012 forum should be called "transition times".

I suppose if you were to identity yourself as being your body then it may seem like doom, but if awakened to what you really are its an exciting time to look forwards to, theres gonna be some birthing pains but all in all its gonna end up being great, remembering of course that we are at the lowest point in human history right now, for the most part having forgotten our true identity and almost completely lost in the illusion we call physical reality, not to mention the crap hole state of human affairs and the planet.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Ahem, actually the Earth began billions of years ago.

Can some you people please read my entire thread before criticizing. Man, its like a reading comprehension test. Once you get into the 3rd paragraph you might infact realize that my in my intro I'm being sarcastic, mocking doomsdayers.

The purpose was to generate conversation and/or educate some people and there are some great posts I'm learning from myself.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Actually you're right. I read only the first two paragraph and I taken it seriously. I read these lines so many times.
Sorry for that, but I head down the table automatically when I read... the Earth is only 5000 years old and we're all going to die in 2012.

Again, sorry.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Thanks for the timely notice. Please send me a reminder three days before the event.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I think some people look at the mods like they would look at the Gestapo.

Great thread! Agreed with every word, and you actually centered me on some views i was having trouble with.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravage

In all seriousness...... To suggest the abrupt end of the Mayan calendar as being the end of the world would it not make sense for the beginning of the Mayan calendar to be the beginning of the world?

No you cannot, because people had to have existed at least a few years beforehand in order to think up and formulate the calendar in the first place.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well the significance of August 11, 3114 B.C. must have some astrological importance due to the fact that the on December 21, 2012 the earth will wobble on its axis causing the north and south poles to change, thus changing the climate throughout the world. The Mayan people knew this without being around for the last occurrence of the earth wobbling on its axis changing the location of the poles some 52,000 years ago. The last known locations of the north and south poles were the Bermuda triangle and an area near Japan (where unexplained disappearances also occur). So, we know the Mayan people had an incredible knowledge base and anything they created had purpose and was extremely accurate. The Mayan people were believed not to exist in 3114 B.C. either so whatever happened then is anyone’s guess but if we can find some kind of evidence to figure out what was the reasoning behind the calendar starting on that date I bet it's intriguing and astonishing the answer we find. There has been recent evidence that a mile-wide asteroid hit the earth in Europe around 3223 B.C. and maybe that's the answer maybe their data is just a bit off...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

+1 to Ewok
And since when the Mayans were the supreme elite civilization on our beautiful planet to the extent that their calendar's beginning and end spells it so for the whole world? There have been far more supreme and intelligent civilizations on this planet right from Ancient Indians more than 5000 yrs ago to numerous other.

Come off it, please. I'm a believer myself that something *might* happen in 2012, but blindly basing it off of Mayan Calendar is pure fantasy IMHO.
Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join