It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World is near!!!!!!!! RIP August 11, 3114 BC - December 21, 2012 AD

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'd like to start by saying I have viewed ATS threads in my spare time on and off for the past couple of years, never did create an account until recently and my post count is not high enough to post in a topic related forum SO this is why it will be placed here
I usually just like to read threads on here and don't care much to post my two cents however I was compelled to warn some of you and the many excalamation marks were absolutely necessary to tell you how dire my warning is.

The world as we know it will end on December 21st, 2012 AD, either by the sun incinerating all of us, aliens harvesting us or asteroids smashing into our planet, I'm not sure which one yet. My evidence? The Mayan calendar ends abruptly on this date. And if you didn't know this already the Mayan calendar co-incidently starts on August 11th 3114 BC WHEN THE EARTH ITSELF BEGAN!

In all seriousness, when it comes to doomsday threads it is very interesting how the people who promote the "facts" avoid those more logical facts hiding in plain site. Let's speak logically for a minute. To suggest the abrupt end of the Mayan calendar as being the end of the world would it not make sense for the beginning of the Mayan calendar to be the beginning of the world? Of course we know for a fact or at least I hope we believe the world did not begin on this date and therefore we can safely assume, will not end on the oh so famous date. I haven't invested a lot of time searching but I was hoping it would be fairly easy to figure out why the Mayan calendar began on this date, (If anyone can explain the significance of this date please post) and I could not find anything because of the spam of the world ending in 2012. Honestly though why should I even invest much time figuring it out why it began when people so easily assume the end of the calendar means the end of the world. I can believe that something significant will happen as maybe something did on the start date but to assume the end without even considering why it began in the first place is a ignorant and stupid idea.

Then of course there is the infamous planet Nibiru. Does it exist? Honestly I can believe it. If they can find new planets in the kuiper belt who knows what else lies beyond there. But why is there this association with 2012, the Mayan calendar's end date and a planet which has been brought in the spotlight in modern times by Zecharia Sitchin. It was actually Sitchin himself who hosted a 2 hour lecture talking about some of the content of his books, Nibiru and how he never once related the planet with a 2012 "passing", actually, his calculations lead him into an approximate year 2900 AD (the orbit itself was approximate 3600-3700 year passing). I don't care if you believe in the existance of Nibiru or not, the point I am trying to make is the man who brought the planet into the spotlight, based on his own research never spoke about the passing of the planet as the end of humanity and never associated it with 2012. Yet you have those bright people, posting about it as such and users criticizing Sitchin as if they are his claims. Google "next passing of nibiru" 2003, 2012, 2012, 2012... but the date proposed by the man who wrote the books about it isn't even on the first page of results!

This is what bothers me about people who start up these sorts of doomsday threads and hype. It is based on pure BS. Logic is disregarded. I love reading and watching content on the mysterious and unknown but don't base your beliefs and opinions without doing even a little bit of research.

My emphasis is on 2012 simply because it is the nearest doomsday date we have but this is a great site I found which lists literally hundreds of supposed "end of days", some which have already occured and future ones. Check it out:

www.abhota.info...

Interestingly enough many of them describe the same type of attention seekers we see today proclaiming the end is near, some based on interesting calculations and others just disgusted with how much greed and corruption exists in society that it must be regarded as the end of days.

After the world ends in 2012, I think 2060 will be the next major date based on Sir Isaac Newton's calcuations but I am sure there will be plenty of minor end dates inbetween as mentioned on that website. Coincidence? Significance? Who knows but people really have to stop taking everything as it is a sign of the end of humanity.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
I've got a few comments back for ya'...

Originally posted by Ravage
August 11th 3114 BC WHEN THE EARTH ITSELF BEGAN! ...

Wrong.

After the world ends in 2012, I think 2060 will be the next major date ....

If the world ends in 2012, then there will be no 'date' afterwards.
2060 won't happen. It won't exist. No calendars and no people to track time.
See?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Mods get really aggravated when people post non-introductions on introduction threads.

You should just do the 20 posts, get used to the site, contribute worthwhile info then come up with a thread. We all had to start in the same place. . .

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

In the Classic Mayan period there is only one mention of 2012. It is related to the descent of one of their gods. However, in this period no calendar ended after 13 baktun and some extended as far as 20 baktun. Furthermore, Coba Stela I has a calendar that starts trillions of years earlier than the modern estimates for how old the universe is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Should have really paid more attention to the codes of conduct on here, No posts other than Introductions on the introduction forum

edit on 3/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Does that mean your a believer that 12-21-2012 is the end of the world?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that the earth or mother nature in all of their ability would be able to recover from an end life event like a massive solar erruption in such a short time frame as 48 years! Here is a snippet from the information on mount St. Helens blast recovery.

The first twenty years of vegetation recovery at Mount St. Helens can be viewed as the opening chapter in a long-term (200 to 500 year) successional sequence that will eventually lead from open, ash-covered blast zone to old-growth forest. During the first five years the recovery process was dominated by surviving plants that resprouted from blast zone hillslopes where pre-eruption soil was covered with ash and pumice. On steep slopes the recovery process was helped by erosion that removed the overlying ash releasing the roots of buried plants in pre-eruption soil. Plant survivors that spread rapidly through vegetative reproduction accelerated the overall recovery process. Colonizing species that established from wind blown seeds soon joined surviving plants. Many of these seeds took root in the leaf-mulch and shade provided by established plants.

Source

So based on that information alone I can say without a doubt the earth could not, and would not be anything more than a char ball if a massive solar blast killed all life on the planet for at least 100+ years.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravage
And if you didn't know this already the Mayan calendar co-incidently starts on August 11th 3114 BC WHEN THE EARTH ITSELF BEGAN!

What was that about logic?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Well I was compelled to start a threat after all the "end-time" themed posts I read and I figured It was better than just spamming 20 random posts

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

I hope we believe the world did not begin on this date and therefore we can safely assume, will not end on the oh so famous date

You did not read my post

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Yeah welcome. We've seen lately too many introductions of this type.

Join the choir of delusionals.

Welcome.

-v

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You need to put in your 20 posts before posting a non-introduction thread. It's not that hard. Might take a whole hour.

This is for "introductions" so I have no more comments.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Okay, I guess I owe you an apology... I read to that point and stopped because I thought you were serious, lol.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Furthermore, Coba Stela I has a calendar that starts trillions of years earlier than the modern estimates for how old the universe is.

can you show source for this statement?

I was under the impression that Coba Stela I has that calendar start 16.4 billion years ago
edit on 3-12-2010 by kalisdad because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravage

Welcome to ATS.

If you've read so many "end-time" themed posts that "compelled" you to write something on that theme, then why didn't you do things the right way and post some replies to accumulate the 20 posts you require to enable you to start your own legitimate thread in the correct forum?

Why do you think we have a forum solely for introductions? Why do you think there is a (minimal) limit imposed on how many posts a member has to make before setting up new threads on the various boards?

Try learning a little patience.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Using the maya calendar ending as an "end of the world" scenario, my theory is this.

IF they knew that every 25,000 years or thereabouts the stars in the heavens repeated their positions due to the Earth's "wobble", and they represented those positions on a calendar, WHY MAKE TWO ?

We have 12 hour clocks because we know the cycle repeats. Why can't people get it through their skulls that there is only one cycle on the mayan calendar because it REPEATS.

Regarding the so called astrological alignment happening Dec 21 2012, I would suggest talking to an astrologer if you believe in such BS. Any professional astrologer will tell you "what alignment"? There is NO SUCH ALIGNMENT happening on that date, this is an urban myth perpetuated by the mainstream media.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The global warming caused by several factors, concerns me the most. I fear that these factors not only caused the death of the dinosaur, but will ultimately cause world dissasters for all in the comming 10 years or less. We need to work together on a solution and put an end to the POWER, GREED machine and start to work on ways to help the planet get better. Here is a clip of whats to come. TAKE HEED, YOU ARE NOTIFIED. www.youtube.com... Also this www.youtube.com... I believe that this is why the gov't has done this to protect themselves and you and i were not invited. www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... Only a select few know about this and it is now getting out. Some gov'ts of the world have already been digging into this information and are preparing for it. I just hope that enough info is put out, so we too can prepare. Tho i do not think that everyone is invited, so you might want to prepare now for the upcomming events that will happen worldwide. This will not be an overnight thing here. It will happen in a span of 10 years. PEACE
edit on 3-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)
I cannot get the one vid to work, thats a conspiracy. Here, go to you tube and punch in (fire and ice: permafrost melt spews combustable methane).
edit on 3-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The world isn't going to end. The world is going to begin.

And it takes 28 years to go from hell to harmony.

Originally posted by babybunnies
Regarding the so called astrological alignment happening Dec 21 2012, I would suggest talking to an astrologer if you believe in such BS. Any professional astrologer will tell you "what alignment"? There is NO SUCH ALIGNMENT happening on that date, this is an urban myth perpetuated by the mainstream media.

There could be a symbolic alignment.
edit on 3-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You sure made me read your post twice.

Really ROTFLMAO

Welcome to ATS feel free to ask questions, but please make your next thread a little less complicated.

I'm looking forward to your next post.

~ Sinter

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Welcome to posting.
Looks like people did not read your intro.

They do not like this sort of thing in introductions. *Even if it introduces who or what you stand for.* Lol.
Dumb rule, I think.. anybody can register spam a couple threads to get the 20 count with :
"agree
2nd line"
I think there should be a pass for long registered lurkers in regards to threads, though.

Anyway. Hope this is not your only posts

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join