It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks.org domain killed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Whatever happens to Wikileaks, the cat has been let out of the bag. Government spooks are squirming like earthworms on a hot plate. They aren't scared of the information that is leaked uptil now, they are scared of the information that WILL be leaked in the future, especially the banking-bits about to come.. They're scared and dangerous like any sociopath that feels his game is up That's why most governments have opened the hunt on Assange. (With a little threat here, and a little candy there from the American government and military)

They're scared. They're not used to public scrutiny. Their game's up, and they know it, especially now major newspapers have smelled blood.

Expect many more assaults on wikileaks from all corners of the spook-world in the coming months.
I am appalled that even Sweden has bent over to pressure from the US-Gov. and started harassing Assange...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Working Cable Leaks Page:
Cable Leaks

Incase it hasn't been posted yet but probably has. Another member attempted to post the "new" link but the server is is overloaded. The one I provided works.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wikileaks on Twitter:

WikiLeaks now available at wikileaks.de... wikileaks.fi... wikileaks.nl...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by INEDI

From Wikipedia:

WikiLeaks describes itself as “an uncensorable system for untraceable mass document leaking”. WikiLeaks is hosted by PRQ, a Sweden-based company providing “highly secure, no-questions-asked hosting services.” PRQ is said to have “almost no information about its clientele and maintains few if any of its own logs.” The servers are spread around the world with the central server located in Sweden.[58] Julian Assange has said that the servers are located in Sweden (and the other countries) "specifically because those nations offer legal protection to the disclosures made on the site". He talks about the Swedish constitution, which gives the information providers total legal protection.[58] It is forbidden according to Swedish law for any administrative authority to make inquiries about the sources of any type of newspaper.[59] These laws, and the hosting by PRQ, make it difficult to take WikiLeaks offline. Furthermore, "Wikileaks maintains its own servers at undisclosed locations, keeps no logs and uses military-grade encryption to protect sources and other confidential information." Such arrangements have been called "bulletproof hosting."

WikiLeaks ~ Wikipedia

Apparently not!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well take it down, another goes up! You can't stop people from publishing information on the internet now and the government seems to forget, ''no one owns the internet'' although they love to play nanny. If the government tries to stop information being published to people that should not be able to obtain it or try and moderate data being allowed within the world wide web, then they should know that people will just create there own sources, own serves and own personal lines of communication.

The more we are told no, the more we ignore and say yes!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by INEDI

Cant say I'm surprised at all..
And when Assange is captured tommorrow, we'll see if the page will be up again..

But that I'm not able to reach the site here in Sweden raises the question if this is even legal according to swedish law about freedom of speech..

Obama got sweden as its puppet in his claws.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Oh you're GOOD!! Nice post!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Thanks for the ip adrdess needed that. Just brought a trip down memory lane, back in highschool when we use to use proxy and ip's to go on youtube. man it was students vs it technicians.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

Legality could have little to do with it. It's no secret that every major nation (and probably even many minor ones) has skilled hackers on the payroll. Such individuals could easily be tasked with various means of preventing access. Not saying this is what happened, but is a possibility.

It's like whack a mole though...knock one down, two more pop up, etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Once on the net......forever on the net....Wikileaks has been copied off so many times that there is no way that it will ever be completely pulled on the net !

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just had a look on the Guardian website regarding the Q&A with Mr Assange.

There was a question regarding UFO's:

achanth
Mr Assange,
have there ever been documents forwarded to you which deal with the topic of UFOs or extraterrestrials?
Julian Assange small

Julian Assange:
Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant. However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.
1) that the documents not be self-authored;
2) that they be original.
However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Should be interesting. I had my doubts whether UFO refrences would be available but I guess we have a confirmation from the man himself? Or maybe I am missing something :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Once on the net......forever on the net....Wikileaks has been copied off so many times that there is no way that it will ever be completely pulled on the net !

While this is true, remember all they have to start doing is making examples. It would sure reduce the number of people willing to participate. Thats the way I see them dealing with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
List of Wikileaks Mirrors in case they take down some domains / attacking the servers again:

Wikileaks Mirrors

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
LOL

WikiLeaks now available at wikileaks.de... wikileaks.fi... wikileaks.nl...

Boy are they good
!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmmm... Is Wikileaks supposed to be a IP web address?
On my PC when I got to wikileaks.de it is an IP address.
It's normal?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Hmmm... Is Wikileaks supposed to be a IP web address?
On my PC when I got to wikileaks.de it is an IP address.
It's normal?

Yes- Im on wikileaks right now too and it comes up as an IP

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The crazy thing is only 667/251,287 cables have been released. Look what a couple of hundred of these documents have done so far and realize there could be MUCH MUCH more incriminating information to be released in the future.

I just hope everything will be published and in full access to the general public.
edit on 3-12-2010 by CDN King because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by INEDI

WikiLeaks.org domain killed

twitter.com

WikiLeaks,org domain killed by US everydns.net after claimed mass attacks
(visit the link for the full news article)

Or, he was too busy with being on the run that he forgot to pay his domain bill.

Maybe someone can buy the domain name, so that he will not be able to get it back.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
JUSTsaw this on the cable gate site

"Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures."

Isn't that abraham lincoln you know good ol honest abe........ Wikileaks is uttery dumb sometimes.213.251.145.96... look see for yourself

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
JUSTsaw this on the cable gate site

"Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures."

Isn't that abraham lincoln you know good ol honest abe........ Wikileaks is uttery dumb sometimes.213.251.145.96... look see for yourself

It is a very old fable. It was used to teach younger kids about the honor in telling the truth. It has no basis in reality. It is just a short story created by author M. L. Weems.

The Cherry Tree
by M. L. Weems

When George was about six years old, he was made the wealthy master of a hatchet of which, like most little boys, he was extremely fond. He went about chopping everything that came his way.

One day, as he wandered about the garden amusing himself by hacking his mother's pea sticks, he found a beautiful, young English cherry tree, of which his father was most proud. He tried the edge of his hatchet on the trunk of the tree and barked it so that it died.

Some time after this, his father discovered what had happened to his favorite tree. He came into the house in great anger, and demanded to know who the mischievous person was who had cut away the bark. Nobody could tell him anything about it.

Just then George, with his little hatchet, came into the room.

"George,'' said his father, "do you know who has killed my beautiful little cherry tree yonder in the garden? I would not have taken five guineas for it!''

This was a hard question to answer, and for a moment George was staggered by it, but quickly recovering himself he cried:

"I cannot tell a lie, father, you know I cannot tell a lie! I did cut it with my little hatchet.''

The anger died out of his father's face, and taking the boy tenderly in his arms, he said:

"My son, that you should not be afraid to tell the truth is more to me than a thousand trees! Yes - though they were blossomed with silver and had leaves of the purest gold!''

It is just a work of fiction.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join