It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, US to conduct biggest ever military drill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

lol! I just personally think Americans and the world for that matter does not need another cold war, we are still watching the original Red Dawn anyway... so they put the remake on hold till they can pull that card on the people of China and America.

I love my Chinese neighbors but soon they will want us to hate and fear each other for no apparent reason.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

At one time America was the sleeping giant awakened by Japan.

I truly believe now Japan is a sleeping dragon waiting to be awakened by an angry Panda.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Japan and Germany's "National Defense Forces" rival that of the rest of the world... and I really would not be surprised if Japan had some sort of future/test weapons they have been keeping from the worlds eyes.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
34,000 Japanese military personel with 40 warships and 250 aircraft1 0,000 US counterparts with 20 warships and 150 aircraft and probably a few thousand SK troops...

This isn't a drill.. THIS IS WAR.

not quite yet if it were war the us would be mobilizing troops and whatever spare resources to the area in preparation just a big drill the russians used to do it big as well not too far in the past either

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

At one time America was the sleeping giant awakened by Japan.

I truly believe now Japan is a sleeping dragon waiting to be awakened by an angry Panda.

Considering how many Chinese were raped and massacred during WWII by Japanese invasion, I'm sure they still have serious beef with Japan. Maybe almost as much resentment as they have against Britain for forcing them to accept opium instead of money via the two Chinese opium wars (British Empire had the intention of turning China into a land full of drug addicts, kind of like how the CIA is pushing Afghan heroin into Southern Russia through Georgia).

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wow.
Hope this drill doesn't go Live as often seems to happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
China said about that: pouring oil on fire.
USA and Japan were not shot at by Kim. Why those drills? The first US drill went on unsanctioned by North Korea.
Don't those guys in Pentagon and Japanese military understand they cannot just start WW3? Kim has enough rockets to destroy much of Japan and US bases. 6-12 nukes? HAHA so he tested 2 of them. Similarly, Pakistan was said to have only 6, at the time it tested the seventh. Later the estimations were moved tenfold. Still underestimated. Similarly, the Chinese several hundred warheads that US knows their locations etc wording, may appear to be several thousand. No one knows how many READY warheads Kim has received by his mighty friends. The West is blinded in its pride and arrogance towards the rest of the world, especially towards "communist countries". USA won't have a time to start the WW3, because the most likely scenario will be EMP in US homeland, followed by ultimatum of surrender, and foreign troops "to help the fight against unknown terrorists" under UN flag, who will de facto occupy most of USA (see prophet Trumpeter, John Leary). Even if Obama is unwilling, governors of states will save their homelands. Because the other option is suicide of nation. No one is so crazy, not even the Americans. The only way to win a nuclear WW3 is to start it first with a surprising massive strike. Personally I don't believe a gradual war will increase to WW3. If there is a gradual escalation, it will stop before WW3 with some kind of armistice (see Project Camelot Anglo Saxon Mission). If there will be WW3, there will be a surprising first strike, sure from Russia and not from USA. Perhaps new kinds of weapons will be used, like laser and directed energy.

Some statements of the Soviet time: (make no doubt Kim is deeply into these plans)
“Although such a war would clearly involve enormous destruction, in the Soviet view it would not be the end of the world. Nations could recover, especially the Soviet Union. Moreover, despite the unprecedented destruction, the war is viewed as winnable. Preparing to fight and win this war is the most important task of Soviet military strategy.”

“… the Soviets place great importance on seizing the initiative and striking first, with surprise if at all possible. The main objectives of such a strike would be to destroy the capability of the United States to organize a strong counterstrike; to achieve a preponderance of residual nuclear power; and, if that does not end the war, to intensify the effort to destroy the total military-economic potential of the United States. And, essential to this process is the need to get the United States to forego any military buildup that would deny the Soviets the possibility of achieving this relative capability—hence, the importance of selling to the West an image of the Soviet Union that encourages U.S. inaction.”
www.tldm.org...
Still, we have Fatima prophecy of Russia conversion. It doesn't speak of Western conversion, and we know how far the West is from God. What does it mean?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gliese581
Still, we have Fatima prophecy of Russia conversion. It doesn't speak of Western conversion, and we know how far the West is from God. What does it mean?

It means that the West has assumed victory and has pursued a path that will lead to its own implosion. This is playing straight into the hands of Eastern powers. The Western leaders are so dazzled by gold and oil that they cannot see that it will only bring temporary satisfaction followed by the most serious of consequences for our ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This military drills are going to lead to no good. I mean its clearly not going to relieve this crisis. Peace is achieve by understanding not by showing off our weapons. Anyways what is North Korea suppose to think... If a war has to happen then it has to happen but not tease North Korea...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nanoalien

exactly, I think anyone who says to the world stage that they will retaliate 1000 fold has absolutely no business in control of nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnnytruth

Well, I think Japan is probably the most technologically advanced nation in the world, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. I do hope it all calms down though. I find war to be a disgusting enterprise and am against it 99% of the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
(British Empire had the intention of turning China into a land full of drug addicts, kind of like how the CIA is pushing Afghan heroin into Southern Russia through Georgia).

Yeah but lets forget the very long history that Russia has had with their addiction to Heroin and other drugs. Let's just ignore the Russian mob and Apparently the CIA ran the Taliban and North Korea before 9/11

February 27, 1993
Russia in danger from new kind of snow

Volokhov said Russian authorities had caught tons of hashish on its way from Afghanistan in 1990 and 1991 and dealt often with marijuana and opium grown in Central Asia.

April 16, 1997
Russia fights losing battle against drugs

"Hard drugs become increasingly common in Russia....."
"The Soviet breakup proved to be a boon to drug smugglers as once sealed borders opened up"

ITAR-TASS news agency (World Service), Moscow - May 4, 1998
Russia: Stavropol police seize batch of crude opium

Russia: Stavropol police seize batch of crude opium crude opium was found on Monday [4th May] in an apartment in Promyshlennyy district of Stavropol in Russia's south. The owner of the batch said it had arrived from Ukraine.This, however, was not the largest batch of crude opium to be seized from drug traffickers operating in the city.

By David E. Kaplan Posted 2/7/99
In the early 1990s, Russian officials noticed opium being sold by North Korean loggers

In the early 1990s, Russian officials noticed opium being sold by North Korean loggers in Siberia. The sellers, they found, dissolved opium and morphine into "medicines" with names like Roots of the White Bell and peddled them in local markets. But it took a 1994 sting operation to uncover the full scope of North Korean official involvement. Russian undercover cops agreed to buy nearly 18 pounds of heroin from two dealers who turned out to be North Korean state security agents.

Associated Press Archive - March 1, 2001
Russia accuses North Koreans of smuggling opium in diplomatic pouches

Russia accuses North Koreans of smuggling opium in diplomatic pouches A senior customs officer said Thursday that North Koreans were smuggling opium into the Russian Far East by rail and that they were probably hiding the drug in diplomatic pouches. The accusation comes as President Vladimir Putin is trying to expand Russia's role as a mediator between the two Koreas.

I thought the Taliban had eradicated Afghanistan
heroin production before 9/11?

ITAR-TASS news agency, Moscow - October 13, 2001
Russian border guards seize 200 kilos of opium in Tajikistan

Dushanbe, 13 October. Russian border guards seized 200 kilos of raw opium at one of the posts of the Kalaikhum border detachment last night, the headquarters of the Russian Border group in Tajikistan said on Saturday [13 October]. The headquarters said the border detail detected a group of smugglers as it was crossing the Tajik-Afghan border in the middle of the night. When the guard tried to detain them the smugglers fled in the direction of Afghanistan,

Monday 22 October 2001 02.45 BST
Heroin oils Afghan war machine

From there the contraband wends its way up into the Urals in Russia, takes a left turn, heads for Moscow and St Petersburg before being smuggled onward to western Europe - 90% of the heroin injected in Frankfurt, Barcelona or Edinburgh originates in Taliban Afghanistan.

"Our dear friends, the Taliban commanders, they take the stuff from Kandahar and Jalalabad to Kabul," says Zafir, an alias agreed to protect his identity. "We take it on to Mazar and to Kunduz."

For the past five years Zafir has been a bit-player in the lucrative rackets that make millionaires of Afghan warlords and keep the Taliban fighters in guns, food, and fuel. "I've been working in the heroin business since the Taliban seized Kabul [in 1996]."

Nezavisimaya Gazeta, Moscow - January 16, 2002
Russian border chief urges destruction of Afghan opium plantations

A three-day working visit to Tajikistan by Russian Federal Border Guard Service Director Col-Gen Konstantin Totskiy began yesterday [15 January] ... The attention paid by the Federal Border Guard Service head to the region is no accident. According to Konstantin Totskiy, Tajikistan and Chechnya have been and remain the most complex sectors and require constant attention. With the start of the counterterrorist operation in Afghanistan

Izvestiya, Moscow - April 22, 2002
Afghan anti-drugs chief confident opium problem can be overcome

Kabul-Moscow: Popular unrest is growing in southern and eastern Afghanistan. Five police officers were killed in Jalalabad this week. The police are now opening effective fire on demonstrators without warning. No one is counting the dead: human life is not worth anything in Afghanistan. On the other hand, heroin is very expensive.

edit on 3-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sounds like things are getting heated over there. Im eager to see how all of this plays out. To me it sounds like the US and Japan are saying they can take on NK.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not saying your information is wrong, but the context is wrong. Heroin is in demand all over the world, and obviously demand for it grew in Russia immediately after Soviet control fell. Drugs are a demand-resource; the more demand, the higher the production.

BUT it is fact that the Taliban abolished the opium trade in Afghanistan during their rule. Of course there would be some rebel farmers that still produced it (and kept the trade going until after the Taliban was ousted). It was after the 2001 invasion that Afghanistan progressed into producing at least 90% of the world's heroin.

Why is this? Because it is part of the American strategy in the region. It is proven that the CIA has been conducting the majority of the opium trade in Afghanistan, and they hired mercenaries and funded warlords to do this. And by mercenaries I don't just mean American groups like Black Water, I'm also talking about regional mercs like ex-Afghan army soldiers (which NATO trains, ironically).

There have been incidents where American soldiers have engaged, who they thought were Taliban growing opium. Turns out they were Afghan mercenaries, armed with American weapons, and American soldiers have died in this engagements. Now if Afghanistan is producing 90% of the world's heroin, and NATO is in full control of Afghanistan, then how can this happen? Because the Americans are conducting it.

After heroin usage jumped 700% in southern Russia since 2001, Russia called upon the Americans to do more to curb opium production in Afghanistan. The US refused. Then intel has discovered that Afghan heroin is entering the Russian Caucasus from Georgia, America's proxy. What a surprise!

So what I'm trying to say to you is that your facts are quite redundant. They are true, but they have nothing to do with the vast expanse of the Afghan opium market AFTER the Americans took over. The Americans, specifically CIA, are using opium money to fund black operations in the region, such as drone attacks in Pakistan, assassinations in Afghanistan, and terrorism in Iran. The CIA funds its operations by conducting illegal activities like producing hard drugs or selling black market weapons (US is the top weapons exporter in the world, again very surprising (not)).

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gliese581
China said about that: pouring oil on fire.
USA and Japan were not shot at by Kim. Why those drills? The first US drill went on unsanctioned by North Korea.

My dear sweet naive friend South Korea the US and or Japan do not need North Korean permission to have previously scheduled and planned exercises.

Don't those guys in Pentagon and Japanese military understand they cannot just start WW3? Kim has enough rockets to destroy much of Japan and US bases. 6-12 nukes? HAHA so he tested 2 of them.

HAHA the US Alone has tested hundreds and have actually dropped a couple.

Similarly, Pakistan was said to have only 6, at the time it tested the seventh. Later the estimations were moved tenfold.

And we have been bombing/drone strikes them almost daily. Your point?

Similarly, the Chinese several hundred warheads that US knows their locations etc wording, may appear to be several thousand.

If China wants nuke the US it's still the same old game we played with them and the Soviets back during the Cold War, ever heard of MAD?

(M.A.D.) is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of nuclear weapons by two opposing sides would effectively result in the destruction of both the attacker and the defender

The West is blinded in its pride and arrogance towards the rest of the world, especially towards "communist countries". USA won't have a time to start the WW3, because the most likely scenario will be EMP in US homeland

OK let's put this HEMP or EMP crap to bed already. Nobody is buying it not even the Koreans. It seems the US defense industry has been doing a brisk job purchasing hardened electronics for the past 40 or more years. They're in everything. Tanks, Fighter Aircraft, Subs, Aircraft carriers, Missiles and rockets. We designed them that way to fight WW III against the Soviets. Did you think you were the first to think about that possibility?

The civilian electronics would be toast but not the military's

Hardened Electronics

Radiation hardening is a method of designing and testing electronic components and systems to make them resistant to damage or malfunctions caused by ionizing radiation (particle radiation and high-energy electromagnetic radiation)[1], such as would be encountered in outer space, high-altitude flight, around nuclear reactors, particle accelerators, or during nuclear accidents or nuclear warfare.

Honeywell

Honeywell's radiation hardened electronics products and technology provide aerospace system and electrical designers a strategically hardened family of products to increase performance, reduce risks and ensure mission success in space and in other radiation prone environments.

Radiation-hardened electronics technology remains stable amid steady demand in the space market

The economic downturn has affected many high-technology markets, but much like the military sector the space electronics market continues to prove resilient. Investment in new designs and new programs are steadily increasing and designers of radiation-hardened electronics (rad-hard) are optimistic midway through 2010 despite the recession and government cutbacks.

Radiation-Hardened Electronics

BAE Systems is a leading provider of advanced radiation-hardened electronics to the missile defense and space markets. These products have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for the past twenty years.

The only way to win a nuclear WW3 is to start it first with a surprising massive strike.

There is no way to win a Nuclear WW III! You are showing your ignorance however about the Nuclear Triad

A nuclear triad refers to a nuclear arsenal which consists of three components. The purpose of having a three-branched nuclear capability is to significantly reduce the possibility that an enemy could destroy all of a nation's nuclear forces in a first strike attack; this, in turn, ensures a credible threat of a second strike, and thus increases a nation's nuclear deterrence.

Personally I don't believe a gradual war will increase to WW3. If there is a gradual escalation, it will stop before WW3 with some kind of armistice (see Project Camelot Anglo Saxon Mission).

Project Camelot ------>

If there will be WW3, there will be a surprising first strike, sure from Russia and not from USA. Perhaps new kinds of weapons will be used, like laser and directed energy.

Microwave and Laser Weapons

Google Video Link

Some statements of the Soviet time: (make no doubt Kim is deeply into these plans)
“Although such a war would clearly involve enormous destruction, in the Soviet view it would not be the end of the world. Nations could recover, especially the Soviet Union. Moreover, despite the unprecedented destruction, the war is viewed as winnable. Preparing to fight and win this war is the most important task of Soviet military strategy.”

An yet the Soviet Union is gone. Russia is now considering the possibility of joining the EU/US in the missile defense system in Europe.

I'd say if Russians want to go to Church I'll support them.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm not saying your information is wrong, but the context is wrong. Heroin is in demand all over the world, and obviously demand for it grew in Russia immediately after Soviet control fell. Drugs are a demand-resource; the more demand, the higher the production.

BUT it is fact that the Taliban abolished the opium trade in Afghanistan during their rule. Of course there would be some rebel farmers that still produced it (and kept the trade going until after the Taliban was ousted). It was after the 2001 invasion that Afghanistan progressed into producing at least 90% of the world's heroin.

I'm sorry but the Taliban didn't "Abolish the opium trade" They controlled it. Limiting the production to increase the price. The Taliban controlled Government went after the small and medium sized producers who were competing with them which was causing the price to drop due to a large supply available in the market.

You wont find me denying the very real fact that Russian demand has increased but you'll ignore the fact that the Afghan/Russian heroin trade was alive and going strong before the Invasion. The Taliban have been using their profits from the opium production and sales to the Russian mob to support their fight against NATO. Do you deny that?

What did everyone tell the US back in the 80s when we complained about all the drugs flooding our country?

Deal with the demand and stop blaming the suppliers and others for that demand!

Hey money talks, if Russians want to blame their heroin issues on the US/CIA fine by all means do so, but if they like us wanted to really do anything about it then maybe they should like us deal with stopping the demand.

No?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yeah actually I do deny that the Taliban controlled the opium trade. They certainly tried very hard to get rid of it because, in case you have no noticed, drugs are completely against their religious agenda. Or are you saying that the Taliban government did not operate on Shia law (which forbids this activity)?

And you think Russia is the only concerned country? What of China, Pakistan, Iran, India, etc? I live in Canada and where do you think heroin comes from to get here? We certainly don't grow the sh*t in our basements. Remember, the red poppy is one of the greatest of Canadian symbols, yet it is illegal for any of us to actually cultivate a real one.

I think it is very ironic that we have ended up in Afghanistan where there are fields of poppies, just like we were in Flander's Fields during WWI. I wonder why the current neocon Canadian government has decided to separate military issues from the general public

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

This training exercise has the potential to turn ugly real fast. I wouldnt be suprised if a fulll blown war resulted because of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Hmmmm why wouldn't the Taliban government be any different than ANY OTHER government. You are naive if you honestly think the Taliban government would try to eliminate their largest source of income! Its one thing to publicly say your gov is against this and that. its what the gov't, any gov't does behind closed doors that matters.

So you bet your ass the Taliban was controlling opium production!

Oh and to the topic of this thread. Japan is constitutionally limited to a defensive force and the size of the active duty defense force is limited in numbers. but just like the U.S. or any other country they have reserves. and the spending for their defensive force is limited to a percentage of their total budget. But that can somewhat easily be changed if they wanted to change it. they can always amend their constitution, But i don't think you will see that happen unless something happened and the U.S. wasn't able to honor its defensive pact with Japan.

And about China well not really much they can do or say about these drills considering they would probably take place in the pacific ocean or the sea of Japan or even in the Philippine sea instead of the Yellow sea this time. and more than likely would be in Japanese waters or international waters. and if you'll notice China didn't do a damn thing about the last U.S. /Sk drill even though it was in the yellow sea. why do you ask Because they didn't come near Chinese waters. China only has say of what happens 12 miles from their coast. they can claim an economic exclusion zone of what ever they want but the bottom line is they know if they sailed their navy out of their waters and interfered with another countries navy China wouldn't have a pot to piss in when their ship were sunk in international waters for being stupid!

And its about time the U.S. practiced with Japan, its time to knock off the rust Since Kim Jr. is going to be worse than Kim Sr.
edit on 12/4/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by allthegoodusernamestaken

Its di#ks like you that give people a bad name.. Youre Sad "Full Stop".
Wishing death on people. I hope karma bites you on the ass!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join