It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: ISRAEL, A PROMISED LAND FOR ORGANISED CRIME?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

It does not make me feel better about the government of Israel. I simply stated that I believe it shows that Israel is trying to combat this issues, if this info is correct.

If it is disinfo or not really does not matter. My perception of Israel will not change the actions that they take in the future. So I take these cables at face value, until something more credible comes around.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

I have never heard of an organized crime syndicate coming from Australian natives, or mafia-style hits being done by African tribesmen.

You make a good point though in regards to the Muslim sex-ring but we have to be careful though when comparing these sorts of examples. Has there not been the same sort of issues with Christians in the US? And how bout them Catholic priests?

edit on 2-12-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nothing like a Nation of criminals controlling all of our telecommunication data ....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

As I was going through today's leaks, I came across this cable.

Very interesting to say the least. It goes on to tell how organized crime is a huge issue in Israel, leaving the authorities to deal with violence, drug trafficking and prostitution.

It also states that Israeli organized crime has a strong foothold in the US, playing a role in many nefarious activities within the states.

it is fair to assume that many known OC figures hold valid tourist visas to the United States and travel freely.

Thoughts or ideas ATS?

cablegate.__._
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

It highlights once again the incompetence of the security agencies and the hypocritical, double standards they employ.

I'm interested in the drug running aspect of this - that would be a very interesting lead to follow, IMO. It might just take us back into the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As a result of centuries of religious indoctrination and decades of government propaganda, Jews in Israel (and elsewhere) appear unable to accept or understand a fundamental truth – that the land that is now Israel was forcibly taken from Palestinians and that a promise by a mythical deity cannot over-rule the basic human rights of millions. As a result of this cognitive dissonance, many Jews react with indignation when Palestinians reject what Jews believe to be very generous offers to donate perhaps one tenth of the former land of Palestine for a Palestinian homeland, a ‘homeland’ which would amount to small prison enclaves surrounded by the Israeli military. It is for this reason that neither Hamas nor a single Palestinian will recognize Israel’s right to exist in its current configuration. Nelson Mandela and most Western democracies also refused to recognize the South African apartheid regime’s right to exist. Israel today is a nation and society marked by a paranoid personality disorder writ large. For most Jews, Israel must always ‘walk alone’ because Jews are specially chosen by god. In a supreme act of personal disempowerment, they have given up any say in their own future or the future of their nation by submitting to the dictates of a religious text of dubious origin that simultaneously glorifies and condemns them. The cry of ‘anti-Semitism’ serves to buffer Israel and the Jews from all criticism because criticism of Israel or the Jews is understood as simply the fulfillment of biblical prophecy that the world will turn against the Jews and Israel. It is hard to think of a better example of pathological thinking or a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is just this type of pathological thinking that has led Israel to justify its inhuman treatment of the Palestinians as ‘self-defense’ and more recently to excuse it’s murderous attack on the Gaza flotilla. The Jews of Israel would do well to wake up to the fact that, in continuing to show such distain and disregard for human life and world opinion, their political leaders are not only in flagrant violation of international law, but have forgotten the original reason for the creation of a Jewish homeland – to safeguard the future of the Jewish people. Israel’s future as a viable state for Jews and others is intrinsically tied to the Palestinians and the defense of their rights to life and liberty. With each Palestinian that dies as a result of Israeli policy in Palestine, with each new Israeli settlement that is built on Palestinian land, the future of Israel as a viable state is further compromised and the security of the Jewish people jeopardized.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The drug trade interests me as well. I believe that if governments and politicians would legalize the industry, since regulation has never made a dent in the overall use of drugs, it would take the power away from these OC groups as well.

But if the government is complicit within this trade, than why would they decriminalize drugs? There is too much money to be made for black-budget ops.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by wcitizen

The drug trade interests me as well. I believe that if governments and politicians would legalize the industry, since regulation has never made a dent in the overall use of drugs, it would take the power away from these OC groups as well.

But if the government is complicit within this trade, than why would they decriminalize drugs? There is too much money to be made for black-budget ops.

Yep. I'm curious about this drug thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by sara123123

I have never heard of an organized crime syndicate coming from Australian natives, or mafia-style hits being done by African tribesmen.

You make a good point though in regards to the Muslim sex-ring but we have to be careful though when comparing these sorts of examples. Has there not been the same sort of issues with Christians in the US? And how bout them Catholic priests?

edit on 2-12-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I was referring more towards those atheists public school teachers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join