It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Yard knows where you are, Julian Assange.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Scotland Yard knows where you are, Julian Assange.

www.businessinsider.com

Scotland Yard, the UK's police service, knows the whereabouts of Interpol wanted WikiLeaks leader Julian Assange, according to the Independent (via Sky).

And yes, he's still in the UK.

Assange is wanted on charges of sex crimes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is breaking on Sky but they can't get their finger out long enough to stop talking about snow to post this story.

So the net is tightening.

Do you think the police or whoever is going to grab him first will actualy take him in at the moment? I bet there are a lot of people behind the scenes worried about what else could come out if he is taken in.

Why would Scotland Yard make it publicly known that they know of his whereabouts? Isn't that a bit like me saying to you, "Right then, i can see you....i'll count to a hundred so you can hide again"?

CX.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I hope they catch that alledged rapist soon..!!! Good job scottland yard finally doing your job.. S AND F for bringing the good news CX cheers!
edit on 1-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Why would Scotland Yard make it publicly known that they know of his whereabouts?

lol
well that is an easy one

they want him to move out in public.

His face is well known,
the more he stays out in public
the more chances are that
someone will see him and contact
authorities.

Police Tactics 101

the hounds chasing the fox out of his hole
hahahaha

Assange knows this

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Probally giving him the good ol' if you help us we will help you BS... All assange has to do is get this rape and molestation junk out of the way get it over with and out of his life... You know what it is like to run forever, be horrible, be hell.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I hope they catch that alledged rapist soon..!!! Good job scottland yard finally doing your job.. S AND F for bringing the good news CX cheers!
edit on 1-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Well, there is question whether the rape charges are false or not. People like the CIA usually say "rape" when they want somebody of great importance caught, even though he may or may not have committed any sexual acts at all.

+9 more 
link   
but I do have a question.

When was the last time an alleged rapist
was EVER on the most wanted list world wide???

Kinda overkill isn't it ???

why do you think that is ???

And just remember, these same charges
were dropped over a month ago
and only resurfaced after the current leaks???

How strange is that???
hmmmmmm

link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Hey kids, don't feed this troll. Thanks

Anywoo...the article the OP linked to is so ridiculous (the article, not you CX
). They try and make you think that he's "hiding" from authorities, which is absurd. The guy travels all over the world with his passport. If he was hiding from the law, I doubt he'd be able to do that.

Also, that headline sounds like it's straight out of 1984's Ministry of Information. Go away, you creepy Big Brother.
edit on 1-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
but I do have a question.

When was the last time an alleged rapist
was EVER on the most wanted list world wide???

Kinda overkill isn't it ???

why do you think that is ???

And just remember, these same charges
were dropped over a month ago
and only resurfaced after the current leaks???

How strange is that???
hmmmmmm

You're right. If tptb wants somebody caught, they won't just say "wanted for leaking documents" because not every sheep would go after him, and would make some question "why are you hiding stuff from us anyways?" Rapists, on the otherhand are despised and throughly hated by everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

A Soca source said: "If there is intelligence or information to say he is in a said location, then that will be acted upon. With a red notice issue it means he's on the radar, on police force systems. Law enforcement Plc is looking for him."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Originally posted by CX
Why would Scotland Yard make it publicly known that they know of his whereabouts? Isn't that a bit like me saying to you, "Right then, i can see you....i'll count to a hundred so you can hide again"?

It would appear that way, but they don't do these things for no good reason. Sometimes, people’s movements are more predictable once they panic or try and go to ground. My guess would be that they are trying to force a particular reaction that they have already prepared for.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
kinda sounds like Bin Laden doesn't it?

hiding out in his cave

Assange = new Bin Laden

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Western governments have spent years waxing lyrical about the benefits of 'open government'. Then along comes a guy who opens it for them - and wham - he's Public Enemy Number One.

Trillions of dollars of public funds have been frittered / gambled away + hijacked to refinance institutions 'too big to fail', and Interpol / Scotland Yard are running around like headless chickens chasing a guy who exposes the truth to the masses.

Is this the Free World or a reincarnation of the USSR?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

According to his lawyers yesterday, he has not been charged, he is wanted for questioning as a 'witness'.

second

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My life has proven that uk london police spent 18 years trying to get me to commit a crime.

So i doubt anything police ever say fact as they are in effect pre mediatted murderers in london.

So anything the police say about anyone i would doubt.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I posted on anther thread how the Guardian have been saying since this started that they have been in contact with him and that he is staying with some hacker friends outside london, and that his lawyers have been chatting with the Guardian as they start his appeal against the warrant..

I am surprised that no one has picked it up.. I'll dig up the article in a min and post it..

Edit to add: Here is the link

www.guardian.co.uk...

Friends said earlier that Assange was in a buoyant mood, however, despite the palpable fury emanating from Washington over the decision by WikiLeaks to start publishing more than a quarter of a million mainly classified US cables. He was said to be at a secret location somewhere outside London, along with fellow hackers and WikiLeaks enthusiasts.

So however the Police proceed I am sure a couple of journalists will be on hand to evidence the event for posterity

edit on 1/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Western governments have spent years waxing lyrical about the benefits of 'open government'. Then along comes a guy who opens it for them - and wham - he's Public Enemy Number One.

Trillions of dollars of public funds have been frittered / gambled away + hijacked to refinance institutions 'too big to fail', and Interpol / Scotland Yard are running around like headless chickens chasing a guy who exposes the truth to the masses.

Is this the Free World or a reincarnation of the USSR?

Bush admits torture publicly, both in an interview and in a book - and NOTHING happens.
Bush launches illegal war, hundreds of thousands killed. NOTHING happens.

Assange publishes some documents which were given to him .ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

We are ruled by the media, and sadly millions still buy into their garbage.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
By the way uk gov can take all your memories, so they can clear up fact if he did anything.

I would not believe anything police make up about anyone, and my life proved they use all sorts of methods to destroy anyone they target for no reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's all a bit crazy. I don't think any charges have been laid against him, or even been explained to him by Sweden exactly what it is he has supposed to have done (which contravenes Swedish law). I feel sorry for the guy. Innocent till proven guilty etc. I can only see things going downhill for him from here onwards, which is a real pity.

It seems the more that Wikileaks releases, the more that Sweden (translate as America) wants him. That 'insurance' file might be getting closer and closer.

It's sad that someone who releases the truth, has to go through all of this. I wish him all the best.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You're not suggesting the media have become 'The Ministry of Truth' are you? It couldn't be...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They only put this crap forward because they know they have been outsmarted by someone they least expected. What are they going to prove by catching him? Do they think that if they get there man it will destroy wikileaks or something? Them files will be backed up everywhere with people ready to continue exposing them lying a-holes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join