It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

www.space.com

Our sun may have a companion that disturbs comets from the edge of the solar system — a giant planet with up to four times the mass of Jupiter, researchers suggest.

A NASA space telescope launched last year may soon detect such a stealth companion to our sun, if it actually exists, in the distant icy realm of the comet-birthing Oort cloud, which surrounds our solar system with billions of icy objects.

The potential jumbo Jupiter would likely be a world so frigid it is difficult to spot, researchers said. It could be found up to 30,000 astronomical units from the sun. One AU is the dist
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 12/1/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wow NASA is actually admitting to this. Seems Planet "X" may exist after all and could spell trouble for us here on earth. This may explain a lot of things going on here lately; earthquakes,weather,governments acting more shady than usual,everyone acting crazier lately.I hope if they do find something we don't get left out on the truth.Almost bet there will be a cover up if they do find something at least till amateur astronomers start seeing it.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2010 by buddybaney because: spelling

edit on 1-12-2010 by buddybaney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wasn't there some incoherent thread here a while ago about a 2nd sun or planet X in the Oort cloud shooting asteroids towards Earth? It was passed off as a hoax but I think NASA is saying the same thing.

edit: I couldn't find the exact thread but this is from 09 and says what the OP post says..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Should Nasa actually come out and admit that there really is a potential planet X... I expect apologies from all people who had nothing but nasty things to say about this theory, and that insulted the people brave enough to be openly concerned about such a thing happening. The ancients knew what was happening in the heavens, and now so do the rest of you. The Nemesis/Tyche Sun companion can most definitely prove to be a huge if not planet busting hazard for our little blue rock.

To me this is where science and pseudo science have merged. While many predictions of a Planet X scenario have come to light in recent years with some less than savory theories, this is sound and scientific. A massive companion to our sun that can throw comets and asteroids into the inner solar system has got to be on the top of everyones 'Things I don't want to happen in my life" list. Yet here you go...

Shows us how much we all really think we know.... I love it when theres the potential for the crazy conspiracy people to have been right all along.

DENY IGNORANCE

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

NO!!! NASA did not admit to anything of the sort. NASA is saying that it might exist. people have been saying that it DOES exist for years. Nothing has been spotted, nothing has been proven.

This article is nothing more than more assumptions and more speculation. If your thread was an actual news story, I would question the motive. But, here on ATS you always have the star & flag seekers.

You really should edit your post, for being intentionally misleading. They have admitted to nothing.

From what I read... This "Nemesis" is not even the Planet X you are trying to sensationalize.

The only news here is "NASA scientist says something MIGHT exist"

BREAKING NEWS!!!! lmfao!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
How did you come to the conclusion that "Nasa may soon confirm planet 'X' " ? Where did you get that from?

Please refrain from inventing stuff or arriving at such conclusions without quoting authoritative sources! Unless of course you want to sensationalize for some of those stars and stripes!

Nowhere has it been mentioned that NASA will soon confirm the existence of the so called planet X except the heading in your thread!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
News in general is picking up fast. Very fast in fact.
Revelations.
The time is now and people must start seeing things for how they really are.
Instead we've all been wasting time arguing what's fact.

This is fact, we are all about to witness massive changes. Massive.
Mind blowing revelations
Geological changes volcanic activity and also EQ acrtivity
Planet X?
ET intervention?
Ice age

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just as I suspected... All of the Planet X folks that have been beaten down on other threads are going to be up in arms over this "news"

PLEASE read the article... IT DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING of the sort.

read the article ... before!!! posting "people owe me an apology" Come on!!

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

The smaller object in these two photos is a brown dwarf that orbits the star Gliese 229. Some scientists think our sun could have a similar brown dwarf companion called Nemesis. Credit: NASA

Yahoo! Buzz
By Charles Q. Choi
SPACE.com Contributor
posted: 01 December 2010
06:56 am ET

Our sun may have a companion that disturbs comets from the edge of the solar system — a giant planet with up to four times the mass of Jupiter, researchers suggest.

www.space.com...
if you read at all, you might have noticed it wasn't the OP, but the ARTICLE at space. com that said this not the OP
please refrain fron jumping to such insulting remarks when you are incorrect yourself.
no?
edit on 1-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Wow NASA is actually admitting to this. Seems Planet "X" may exist after all and could spell trouble for us here on earth. This may explain a lot of things going on here lately; earthquakes,weather,governments acting more shady than usual,everyone acting crazier lately.I hope if they do find something we don't get left out on the truth.Almost bet there will be a cover up if they do find something at least till amateur astronomers start seeing it.

Really ? The OP didn't say it"?

Come on!!! The fact that people are now buying into any "exciting" news is pathetic at best!!!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I just read the OP article and for me it says the scientists have evidence to suggest such a body exists and are setting out to find it.

It sounds like a serious proposition.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

We're not just now buying into this. I can only speak for myself, but I also know that there are many other members of this board who have spent hours of laborious research into these topics.

The biggest reason to get excited is when something that many of us have been verbally and socially crucified for speaking up about over the years, is now in a main stream science E-rag. Open your eyes up dude! There are some major things happening at this present point in time. You would have to be walking around with blinders on over both eyes to not be able to read the signs.

At this point, who cares if NASA come out and confirms or denies anything! There are other equally, if not more, credible people talking about these issues now. And they are starting to drop hints to the public that something factual may actually come from ancient texts and "wild" conspiracy theory. Can you folks really not see this?

I'm not saying that you have to take my word for it. Just do a google search and hear it from other, way more educated people than myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is not a single piece of evidence wich suggest that planet X / Nibiru / Nemmesis excist...

I think this one only excist in our minds..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have the feeling a lot people will miss the "if it actually exists" part.

Here's the flipside:
Sun's Rumored Hidden Companion May Not Exist After All
www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I am sorry... You "Nibiru" folks take partial facts and turn them into truths.. Everything is a stretch of a fact.
It is ALL speculation.. ALL Assumptions. You have ZERO proof.. I think that you "nibiru" folks have a hard time differentiating between facts and speculation..

When the Nibiru theory first came out, I was dedicated to researching it. I spent allot of time researching it. Then I realized... Because I was only trying to prove that it did exist... I was able to take facts that didn't necessarily point to a planet X, and make them out to be facts that planet X exists.

If you took 1/2 of the time to prove it didn't exist, you would be equally as successful.

There is not 1 fact or any proof... It is all speculation and stretching of the facts. Period!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Two centuries of observations have indicated an anomaly that suggests the existence of Tyche, Matese said. "The probability that it could be caused by a statistical fluke has remained very small," he added. If everyone read this they would see i said "MAY" not "is confirmed" and this is something besides Nemesis ! so since we dont know what planet "X" is or isn't the location and size sounds like what has been describe as nibriu to me

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
One can see "planet x" from Australia now. My brother is an amateur astronomer that lives there and he tells me that it's all the buzz there but no one is reporting it or is willing to talk about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe I missed something but don't know how you came to the conclusion that NASA are going to announce planet x???

Anyway this is old news, I heard this story already...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

I'm sure if that were true, it would be worldwide by now...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
One can see "planet x" from Australia now. My brother is an amateur astronomer that lives there and he tells me that it's all the buzz there but no one is reporting it or is willing to talk about it.

I'm sure if that were true.. It would be big news worldwide...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join