It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mass suicide now the only option left' say Cancun scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by redhorse

Try this

Not exactly committing suicide but so unrealistic as to be almost as good as!

edit on 1/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)
\

Yeah I found the 'rationing' quote. Like I said, the guy is obviously off his rails. That's just ridiculous. I don't doubt that he said something alluding to killing people off. That 'humans-are-evil-we-must-die rhetoric has been building steam in liberal minded acadamia since the 70's. I find it interesting to note that most of those that got on that train in the beginning are still breathing.

Thanks very much for the effort. I'm still looking. If you find it please let me know or post it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I came to this conclusion years ago. It goes well beyond the pollution we create.

Food? Clean water? Disease? Pollution? Forests? Key species in the food chain?

We are consuming all of these at a dismal rate. over 6 billion and counting!

We are not only too great in number, but we live as though there aren't so many of us. With a huge portion of the world now having the technology and knowledge needed to become "like us" (the western world), even if we cut down on all our bad habits, we will only be replaced a populace 3 times our size, that only wants to have all the same trappings we have enjoyed for the last 60 years.

It isn't going to get better..

Now we are learning that the Sun is going through it's cycles of change and potentially effecting us in ways that are simply beyond our control. So we have spread like a virus, will continue to pump out more pollution of all sorts, are already having trouble feeding our population, have a finite amount of fresh water, have few large scale, safe options for creating power while we need more more more! and are killing off the systems that help clean the atmosphere and the systems that help us create food. All the while using insane amounts of drugs that ultimately strengthen viri and bacteria and weaken our biological immune systems.

I think we have screwed ourselves. A scientist saying it is beyond dire isn't really a surprise.

There needs to be an ENORMOUS international fund to invest "miracle" technologies that will enable the emerging nations to get what they want without damaging the world so much and allow the already advanced societies to become more advanced so that we stop doing the damage we are already doing.

As for the Sun, well, we are just along for the ride. We had better not add anything to the mix though..we may have a full plate without our own man made issues.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

I find it interesting to note that most of those that got on that train in the beginning are still breathing.

Well of course. This only applies to the masses, and they do not consider themselves part of the masses.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I think you need to make it clear that your link is satire. It is not really news. It is satire. I can't believe how many replies seem to think it's true. Please read the full text of the source before commenting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I think you need to make it clear that your link is satire. It is not really news. It is satire. I can't believe how many replies seem to think it's true. Please read the full text of the source before commenting.

It has perhaps escaped your notice that I posted in in General Conspiracies and NOT in Breaking News?

It also perhaps escaped your attention that I said it was tongue in cheek?

Please read the post before commenting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This article is pure propaganda, and should be put into the hoax bin. Look at the article it references. In no place does it mention anything about mass suicide. It talks about rationing.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes, I noticed the "tongue in cheek" comment. Others didn't. I also read the blog. Others didn't. My remark is not directed towards you so much as the people who instantly react without reading the cited article I've seen lengthy threads based on jokes published by the Onion around here. Maybe we need a special "satire" forum.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

My reply to them?

YOU FIRST.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I agree. My apologies if I was having a bit of a go.

Yes a proper forum for this would good as it is not really a hoax, but as you say is also not news.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Gee, guess who did not read it then! The original article does NOT mention rationing, whereas the second one that I referenced does.

Lighten up a bit will you?

edit on 1/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Future generations get all this and more!
Not only do they get a dying planet,but also a whole heap of debt the bankers are now creating for them!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
mass murder/suicide?
Georgia Guide stones.
Its already in the pipe line, unless you have a bunk reserved in a DUMB.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Pretty sure they are making a joke.

If we have a mass suicide, and kill ourselves, there will be no "as yet unborn" generations, as there will be no one to perpetuate them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'll help administer the euthanasia, but we'll start with them first to see if the climate changes

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't drink the kool-aid. I hear it's killer.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

How about everyone who believes in that garbage go colonize the moon.

Meanwhile the MAJORITY of people can continue living sane & normal lives.

Seriously, are people really that arrogant to think that we can affect global climate change.

Btw in case you haven't noticed, the sun is getting hotter. Yeah. And so are all the other planets in our solar system. What a shock.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
huh?
is this a real comment?
don't they realize how stupid they sound.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
how much do we have to pay this time for nature... ???
the reason for suiside????

btw .. in holland we spended years to clean the rivers and streams...
result:
no fish in it.... too less food for the fish...:-(
edit on 1-12-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well my PHD in common sense tells me it would be practical to get rid of those with the biggest carbon footprint..

I think that would be the Rich and Elite with their huge homes, overseas trips and big cars etc...

Probably one of them would equal at least 10 of us plebs, so common sense says they go first

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I'll second that idea.

Can we start with Al?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join