It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mass suicide now the only option left' say Cancun scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
'Mass suicide now the only option left' say Cancun scientists

A bit tongue in cheek I guess!

As the latest round of UN-sponsored climate talks opened in Cancun today, ’scientists’ had a stark message on the threat posed by Man Made Global Warming. It is now so severe that only by exterminating ourselves like the vile parasite we are can we hope to leave a planet fit for habitation by generations as yet unborn, ’scientists’ say.

I think I will pass on their parties and re-entering the ecosystem through the bowels of a killer predator of my choice.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

My reply to them?

YOU FIRST.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
ok, so now that we've established its a futile effort, can we let this climate change nonsense go? once and for all?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Interesting . . . but it would seem that the scientists' conclusions could somehow be related to this.

or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ah what a brilliant story.

Still though, I'd rather be in the last group to bump themselves off...

You know... Just... in case anything needs doing. In case anything's been forgotten...

Like switching the gas off.

Or locking the back door...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Well quite possibly. Question is does the electrosmog make you more depressed than the climate change arguments and either way should you follow the suggestions ( :lol ) of the Cancun scientists enjoying their all expenses paid 2 week holiday in Mexico?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I bravely volunteer to go last. I regret I only have one live to give to myself. F the NWO and all their mothpieces...especially the ones on ATS. Death to Tyrants and their lackeys.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Got to love the irony of the only way to save the planet for future generations is to kill ourselves off.

Originally posted by thewanger F the NWO and all their mothpieces...especially the ones on ATS.

Mothpieces? Here on ATS? Are they like Moth-men or something more sinister?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sounds like Cancun is a real pisser this year. Perhaps they should spike the local bars with prozac in the mixed drinks to make the scientists a little more mellow. Yes, there's a logical cant to all of this, and I can see their point, but sheesh... now that they have, they can go have some fun and work on their tans. A mass die off of the human population wouldn't be entirely bad, except where to put all the bodies?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Quick, someone send this to Al Gore!!! Just think of the amount of hot air that would not be produced should Mr. Gore take their advice!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by volafox

yea or maybe they could put lithium in the water, they wanted to do it in the u.s...i mean heaven forbid everyone wud kill them selves....who would the banks screw over then??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why do these scientists seem like retards to me?

S&F! Thanks for sharing this, another really great bit of news from the Climate Change Crowd.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Mass suicide? Or mass murder more like. I believe only so many would go willingly, mainly the ones who blindly believe anything their told. If climate change is such a threat I dont understand why we are not taking EVERY RESOURCE AT OUR DISPOSAL to combat it, to perhaps move people into orbit and onto other planets, to create the clean energy we know is within our power and knowlege.

I love how these fat cats are so above and beyond humanity their only solution to a FIXABLE problem is a mass die-off of the human race. Don't they realise that they (elite/nwo/governments/corporations) basically control every facet of our lives, and that the change needs to start with them if it is to begin anywhere? Instead we are still fighting wars for oil and still wrapping everything we buy in pounds of plastic, we still use gas powered cars when electric IS possible and we still use coal for power production when there are many other alternetives.

And the root of this evil is money of course, and they will tell you that its too expensive for change to happen overnight, and they manipulate it so the average person cannot afford to go out and make "grenner choices". Yet when it comes to bailing out the absolutly USELESS bankers they will print fake money to throw at them till steam is comming out of their ears.

No, lets not put our resources as a planet to work here, lets just kill off a number of useless men woman and children because their lives are worthless, they do not not have hopes and dreams and only one life to live here, they are only numbers in a statistic and it will be easier than having to give up any of the power or wealth or materials we have now. Lets also repeat the cycle every hundred years or so, because nothing will ever change, because a number on a piece of paper is more important than a human life.

Right, mass suicide, like someone else on here said, YOU FIRST.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

Absolutely agree. They are of course doing everything they can to combat it - taxing us more, moving the wealth to other areas, letting them produce as much CO2/SO2 etc as they like.

What more could you ask for?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Within a generation, maybe two, this kind of nonsense will be used to justify genocide somewhere on a scale that will make the Holocaust pale in comparison.

Instead of helping the environment, it will be used to exterminate dissidents, subversives, various minorities, physically, mentally and genetically disabled.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well they did say they wanted to reduce the world population. Now they just want to make if voluntary.

I wamt 3 billion volunteers, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, etc

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
double post
edit on 1/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Although I have no reason to doubt that Prof. Anderson called for some sort of 'mass suicide' (at least in some shape or form); this might hold a little more water if we could see what he actually did say.

Does anyone know where to find that? I am currently looking.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Try this

Not exactly committing suicide but so unrealistic as to be almost as good as!

edit on 1/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

This is great! Hopefully, they will lead the way and we can get on with our lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join