It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange - He's not an idiot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
reply to post by Sly1one

To have complete authenticity for an organization which is constantly legally and cyber attacked by governments and individuals alike that for them to publically question 9/11 would basically make them look like conspiracy theorists.

I believe they're trying to rot out the rotton apples the means they are now and it seems to be working.

I could understand his desire to be considered credible so as to be taken seriously, thus shying away from 9-11. However he is also losing credibility by shying away from 9-11, losing credibility with people who question things as we do here on ATS, the people who would actually pay attention to and read through 400k plus leaked cables.

interesting none the less to think about. He seems to be a very calculated person, I'm just trying to figure out who is is for and who he is against, before I believe his word.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Of course he is not an idiot and all this talk about him being some government dis-info agent is ridiculous. He believes he is doing the right thing by releasing this information but unfortunately I think he has become a pawn in a war that is being waged by a media mogul on the worlds leaders. The MSM want strict controls and copyright regulations placed on on every aspect of the world wide web because it is destroying their empire. They have been holding governments to ransom at a national level conducting relentless fear and smear campaigns against them in an attempt to get what they want. They have put world leaders into a catch22 situation because if they don't give the MSM the control they want then the media will continue to destroy them and if they submit to the demands they will be committing political suicide anyway.

Anyone that thinks Wikileaks managed to stumble onto this information before the MSM's global network of reporters, spies and whistle blowers is kidding themselves. These documents are just a sample of the damning information held in the MSM's war chest and now they have moved from national pressure to global pressure. The information conveniently found its way to Julian because the MSM knew he would release it which sends a final warning to the worlds leaders of what is at stake. If they get the control they want then they will burn Julian and Wikileaks and the campaign stops but if they don't then we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A while ago I came across a thread about how before the world was going to end there would be a man who would claim to be the saviour but would in fact cause catastrophe and be the devil in disguise. I find this befitting Assange because at first he came out as the champion of freedom of speech but in fact the information only destabilises and deteriorates relations and it could very well be possible that the releases have been carefully selected either before they are sent to Wikileaks or after.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've got to say, I'm pretty shocked at how far against Wikileaks some of the posters here seem to be.

Here is a guy who has been bringing real life, actual conspiracies into the light for years - and some people are treating it as though he's made it all up. Or worse, that he's just doing it to be a jerk.

On the other hand, if he'd written an un-sourced book about his lizard people theories, the fanboys here would be lining up for an autograph.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't know enough, and neither do any of you, to condemn or conclude innocence on any charge. I do however, understand quite a lot of that data appears to be true blue and you take it wherever it leads you. People like him, who attempt to whistleblow, are always ridiculed, slandered and often are arrested. Conviction or not for any crime at this point, looks like the law breaking data is tainted. Not because I have proof, as I surely don't, but because there are too many reasons to believe he must be silenced by those exposed. Like the Climategate leaks, there is some damning information for TPTB, period. Logic would say, IF these people are the criminals they appear to be, then good will be called evil and evil will be called good!! It is the only logical position FOR them to take or they go to jail or catch a noose around their neck.

It is starting to look like, walk like and qauck like a duck to me when I see things from virtually every place possible that point to some kind of a one world gov controlled by a few who want a lot of people dead. This can't be what the rest of us want to see happen can it? Not me anyway.

Wikileaked data needs a thorough vetting and condemning the messenger is a standard that was set by the opposers of the truth since day 1 of life on this Earth. Is it smart to risk missing something important to the next big change happening on Earth by letting the messengers be fouled by the media to the point where you throw out good information that is provable?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Those people whose are against WikiLeaks here on ATS are working for the Government. It's easy to monitor their progress, because they're usually posting the very same over and over again under their transparent discrediting campaign.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
to put assange in jail for expose corruption in the governments would be the ulimate crime in history..

that will be the end of democraty...:-(
we are suppose to controle and correct oure elected poltiticy
when they refuse such acts than we are living in an dictatorship...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
to put assange in jail for expose corruption in the governments would be the ulimate crime in history..

that will be the end of democraty...:-(
we are suppose to controle and correct oure elected poltiticy
when they refuse such acts than we are living in an dictatorship...

We are at a point in time where there is no turning back these bozo's. I can only see an outcome where there is some major problem that triggers a civil war in the US or similar rioting like in Europe. The bad guys will make the poor starving masses who have been shat upon, who have been made to work as endentured slaves, and lost the middle class that would normally pulled the load. Except for the very wealthy, the rest of us have been left for dead by the governments of the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Interview with his mother:

"Whether you agree with what Julian does or not, living by what you believe in and standing up for something is a good thing," she said. "He sees what he's doing as doing a good thing in the world, fighting baddies, if you like." But she conceded she feared her 39-year-old son had "gotten too smart for himself".

Full article including more about his history and his mothers thoughts at news.com.au

top topics

<< 1   >>

join