It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange - He's not an idiot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Call the guy what you want, but he's not an "idiot."

Hes demonstrated countless examples of being a free thinker with a very high level of intelligence.

For starters the guy started his "career" as a hacker. He was the aussie "Kevin Mitnick" if you will. He was good at it, but eventually got caught like everyone else.

He wrote open source software, and in 1993 wrote a port scanner called Strobe, back before it was cool to do so. You can still download the software, here:

it.toolbox.com...

He then goes on to start one of the first ISP's in austrailian. He continues writing innovative open source software, but then decides to co-author a book about hacking exploits, here:

www.amazon.com...

Things are starting to get boring, so he writes his own encryption standard called ruberhorse deniable encryption for human rights workers to use to encrypt sensitive data. Then designs a Usenet client called NNTPcache. If you use Usenet, you will understand what this is.

So this programming and IT crap is starting to get boring, right? Okay, he then decides to study math and physics at a university for fun. He learns all he can, then decides to study Neuroscience and some Philosophy.

Cool right? No. It's time to head the board of one of the most contriversial and radical organizations in the world: Wikileaks. And how do they get it started? Why, they just overthrow a tyrannical government in Africa with a few targeted leaks.

Will his next venture be to metamorph into a 5th dimensional being?

Taking all of this into account I doubt assange is a Manchurian canidate sent by MOSSAD to disinform you. The cables themselves may be designed to do that, but I don't think those are his intentions, as he is just releasing what he's been given.

Oh yeah, and this was just posted today, an interview with Assange and Time media. The 36 minute interview will be availible soon.

www.time.com...
edit on 30-11-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Don't forget surfraw, yet another one of his nifty creations. It's usefull to anyone who often works with the unix command line, and does a lot of specific searching.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By the way, i sourced this information from Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Got to say he is not an idiot!................I have high regard for Julian and that's my take and, my belief - Those who think different are entitled to do so...............

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Don't think many were calling or claiming he was an "idiot" more then just expressing suspicion about him and wiki-leaks.

Seeming as you have just clarified how intelligent the man is, I would imagine he is very calculated and has taken into the consideration that his "sources" could be feeding him "dis-info" to push their agenda through him. Or is he that naive?

If he is NOT that naive, then he is involved and cooperating willingly to release some very beneficial "leaked-info" to the agenda's of the US and Israel. His opinions and views on 9-11 are very concerning not because he doesn't like "truthers" but that as intelligent as he is, he doesn't question 9-11?

You said he got caught for hacking?

For starters the guy started his "career" as a hacker. He was the aussie "Kevin Mitnick" if you will. He was good at it, but eventually got caught like everyone else.

Interestingly enough could he not have made a "deal" to work with/for to reduce the consequences for being caught? I would imagine this is exactly how most government gets "hackers" into their hands anyway.

Again, as intelligent as Assange apparently is, he had to taken into consideration his wiki-leaks could just be a source for the distribution of dis-information by counter intelligence programs? How could he NOT consider this being as educated as he is?

edit on 30-11-2010 by Sly1one because: structure

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good call. I mean the guy didn't just crawl out of a hole somewhere. He's been into "hacktivism" for a while now.

Originally posted by 2Faced
Don't forget surfraw, yet another one of his nifty creations. It's usefull to anyone who often works with the unix command line, and does a lot of specific searching.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The guy is a screaming genius. There's no doubt.

It doesn't mean that the the things he does are right or that his motive or even opinion (like everybodys) on what he releases isn't suspect.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not everyone was aware of his gift.

His history seems to suggest he fights against oppresion and authority. He wrote encryption software specifically for human rights aids.

Originally posted by badgerprints
The guy is a screaming genius. There's no doubt.

It doesn't mean that the the things he does are right or that his motive or even opinion (like everybodys) on what he releases isn't suspect.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I know my jump from his intelligence to his intentions is a leap, but I feel that his history has shown that he seems to want to fight the system, like Neo in The Matrix. Maybe he is in The Matrix, for all we know....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's a link to an Assange interview with Chris Anderson of TED. He talks about aspects of his life and his reasons for doing it. I think this guy is a genius and seems like he has a lot of integrity.

blog.ted.com...

edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

I'm sure he has considered every aspect before releasing these.

edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

A man with integritiy probably isn't a rapist, but that's just my opinion......not saying he isn't smart, but he, his integrity and character leave alot to be desired.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Our Federal Agencies liked being separate entities and NOT working with each other. Rivalry between Federal Agencies was the norm not long ago.

The Congressional 9-11 Commission forced our Federal Agencies to work together merging things which made the top people of those Agencies/sects very very mad. They want to go back to being SEPARATE and not working together.

The different sects ruling in America are loving Assange and the fact that the State Department no longer is sharing Diplomatic Cables with DOD....shows they love Assange and what he is doing for them....

Putting power back into the different sects ruling America. Assange works for us. Well one of our Federal Agency heads anyways.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

A man with integritiy probably isn't a rapist, but that's just my opinion......not saying he isn't smart, but he, his integrity and character leave alot to be desired.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. You seem to have judged him guilty of rape already - in which case that says a lot about your own integrity - or rather lack of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Research 'Collateral Murder'. I hope you will see what he's really about.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The man has forced a release of information that backs how the PTBT or maybe a step below,
are really doing things.
It is funny to me to now see how they are saying he is a "terrorist"

Of coarse they will say something like that , their credibility is on the line,. or lack there of.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

Research 'Collateral Murder'. I hope you will see what he's really about.

I'm aware of collateral murder....I respect your opinion, and respectfully disagree.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Um, if he's not guitly why not answer the charges? It seems anytime the libs have a hero in trouble its a conspiracy and anytime its a conservative it's the truth, damn the facts........oh well, again it's only your opinion. However, if idolizing a "SUSPECTED" racist, who won't answer the charges, is your cup of tea well, I guess my integrity is'[t the only one in question.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
The man has forced a release of information that backs how the PTBT or maybe a step below,
are really doing things.
It is funny to me to now see how they are saying he is a "terrorist"

Of coarse they will say something like that , their credibility is on the line,. or lack there of.

I honestly don't think the information does really back the PTB way of doing things...but in any case, TPTB even label American citizens who disagree with them as terrorists - like those who criticise the TSA searches.

In fact it's almost as though they are exposing themselves as mentally deranged - getting hysterical and screaming terrorist at anyone who dares to criticise them in any way.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Um, if he's not guitly why not answer the charges? It seems anytime the libs have a hero in trouble its a conspiracy and anytime its a conservative it's the truth, damn the facts........oh well, again it's only your opinion. However, if idolizing a "SUSPECTED" racist, who won't answer the charges, is your cup of tea well, I guess my integrity is'[t the only one in question.

The facts are that he has not even been charged...he is wanted as a 'witness'. His lawyers are currently involved in a challenge in the Supreme Court of Sweden. I don't idolize anyone, that's a cheap way to use an untruth to try to humiliate someone - which again says a lot about your degree of integrity. You have already decided he's guilty - so yes, damn the facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

To have complete authenticity for an organization which is constantly legally and cyber attacked by governments and individuals alike that for them to publically question 9/11 would basically make them look like conspiracy theorists.

I believe they're trying to rot out the rotton apples the means they are now and it seems to be working.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join