It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Unveils 'Revolutionary' XM25 Rifle in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
And yet again.. America creates another damn weapon.. Cant you guys create anything that doesnt kill people and destroy things ?

Sure here you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1c58d8585af.jpg[/atsimg]

Technically it doesn't kill or destroy anything, well anything other than the moral fabric of society.

edit on 30/11/10 by MikeboydUS because: fnord

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

holy bujeezuz..can anyone say stark industries...

heres a great example of what keeps America at the top of the heep technologically. I totally agree with this type of research and defense spending.

I just pray after we are done with our current (lets call them excursions to avoid derailing the thread) excursions in foreign countries that we never have to use them in live combat.

Cool thread

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Ever used an airplane or car? or computer...ahem*

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by thewanger
Will this mean the end of cover-based shooters in video games? Bummer!

that happened a long time ago battlefield 2142 Pwned!

So true!! Thats what I thought...
I wonder where they got that idea?

Would be bad if the enemy got his hands on them somhow...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The downside of this awesome weapon is that the enemy will be right behind us in developing it if not already.

Battles of the future will be unlike anything we can imagine. They may have to be fought entirely with robots.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Robots will be just one part of the spectrum, about 1/3 of it. Humans will still be on the battlefield, but augmented.

Powered armored exoskeletons will play a major role for US forces. Technically they are wearable robots, but they will allow infantry to carry .50 caliber heavy machine guns and 40mm automatic grenade launchers like small arms.

Active camo and orbital insertions will allow special operations to penetrate deeper behind enemy lines than ever before.

The first Orbital Expeditionary Strike Group will change warfare for ever. There will be no place to hide or run. The first Orbital Assault will be a moment in history like the moon landing. The M-25 will most likely be there on that great day.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I agree with 100%. The human element can never be taken off the battlefield. What I'm getting at is that robots will have to evolve to a point where the human element won't be exposed to the technological advances that's being introduced to the battlefield.

Exo-skeletons and active camo are all good, but with every technology there's a way to counter it. The only way to have battlefield superiority in the future will be possess the better technology.

Of course the XM25 will be there. Maybe evolved into an XM25A5. Orbital insertion has always been a favorite scenerio of mine. The drawback on this though is the placement of the re-entry apparatus upon reaching the surface. My concern is that critical components that go into the construction of the re-entry apparatus would fall into enemy hands and eventually compromise the safety of our troops.

I foresee cyber wars where infrastuctures and grid patterns of the enemy will be disrupted long distance and possible from orbiting weapons platforms.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Another super-expensive gizmo of cowardice for the military whose doctrine is based on overwhelming dominance- like a football player beating up a third-grader. The world laughs at us as a rag-a-tag militia of 20,000 fighters bests the "greatest" army in the world- Apaches, Predators, XM35s and all. The XM25 is a symptom of how decadent we've become- a $35,000 civilian-killing machine for a military afraid to actually fight...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Useless waste of money, to think, how can you maximize the ham sandwich, this is like slathered in mayonaise and pickles and onions and relish and ahh, some gravy too.

A machine gun is a machine gun,

This thing costs as much as like 20 lap top computers to perform like 1 function it seems.

Pathetic, pockets of the ultra elite banksters cha ching.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't see anything "revolutionary" here.

lol at the price...
edit on 7-3-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

So they deserve to die because their brother/son was stupid?
Dumb statement cinic.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by thecinic

So they deserve to die because their brother/son was stupid?
Dumb statement cinic.

Let's let the Aussie soldier's who has been charged with manslaughter among other things,explain it for you,

Words will never adequately express our regret that women and children were killed and injured during the incident on 12 February 2009. These were people we were risking our lives to protect. However, it should not be forgotten that the casualties were ultimately caused by the callous and reckless act of an insurgent who chose to repeatedly fire upon us at extreme close range from within a room he knew contained women and children. This forced us to make split-second decisions, under fire, which almost certainly saved the lives of our fellow Australian and Afghan soldiers. We believe that when all the facts of this incident are made known to the public, it will be clear to everyone that we made the correct decision under truly awful circumstances.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
And yet again.. America creates another damn weapon.. Cant you guys create anything that doesnt kill people and destroy things ?

I'm sure it comes with a non lethal carrying case.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join