It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Archaeologist Admits That Pyramids Contain UFO Technology

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Relax please, this is an Internet forum and name calling brings us all down. So you know, I did look. And since I have some free time today, I want more information on him so I'm going to my sources. It's called building a case toward his overall credibility, it's what the pros get paid to do.

Also, try contacting Cohen through Facebook as suggested. That's another angle to start with.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Jason88 because: engrish

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i dont think we are denying the guy exists just that we cant prove he said what he has been reported to have said

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hahaha the dean. Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
S AND F great find

Open question to all members....

On the same topic do any of you remember a thread a while back regarding the sphinx being excavated at night and the authorities were not letting anyone near .

Because im curious as to what happened with that and if that could have had any effect the qoutes coming out now

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I read the thread mblah...it is kind of annoying that you keep claiming people haven't. Other people are looking for information as well...just from different angles. You just completely skipped over the originators of the article to try to track down the hardest person to contact in this whole thing.

Its kind of annoying people keep saying the guy isnt real. I did NOT skip over anything. This isnt the first thread posted on this subject. Ask the mods I alerted the others because they used allwebs as a source, this one did not so I looked into it more. It got me interested. Also you have no idea who I have contacted, which btw is anyone I could find related to this story. True or not.

I said IN THE ARTICLE there is no mention of the conference...digging up an old conference that someone with this name was a chairman at doesn't mean that is where he allegedly talked about this information. If he had said it way back in April...why is it only being talked about right now? There is simply no connection to be made...it is just a stretch in trying to connect things.

It doesnt mention the conference but when the OP looked further they found a conference he was at in regards to science and Ancient Egypt, it could very well have been the one where he "may" have said this or he may not have said anything of the kind. I'm not in any way saying he did say it. He very well could have said it as an off remark or not at all. I also said he could have said this at any time not just at this conference which according to the program he didn't speak or wasnt a scheduled speaker.

I'm not telling you not to look for information...I just think the most logical place to look first is the source.

I have been looking all over the internet and I can't find anything which is why I have gone further to look for a copy of the conference. It doesn't hurt to get a copy even if the two things are not related, it would still be neat to listen to or read.

Here, you can go ask Michael on facebook...seems like a great place to start...I doubt he will respond though...doesn't look like he does much responding. And that gives me a hint about his credibility.

www.facebook.com...

Well if someone not responding gives you a hint to their credibility then Hawass lost all credibility for me then. I have emailed him dozens of times of the years and he NEVER replies.

Maybe I will use my power of persuasion and get something out of this guy. I will try but who knows, it could all very well be crap but it could not be. Nobody knows and that is why I am looking into it, plus I have nothing else to do and Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me esp the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice find there mate.

Anyway i do not know if that have posted, But i have found that website : Conference Program The conference held on April 24-26.2010

12:30-02:30 Session II: Astronomy

Chairman: Dr. Alaa Shahein & Dr. Magdi Abd el Wahab

It seems that the guy does exists after all

Hope that helps a bit.

Peace
edit on 30-11-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

i dont think we are denying the guy exists just that we cant prove he said what he has been reported to have said

No people are still questioning the guy which is what is driving me nuts. I'm not doubting what he said could be false if he even said it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Actually the gentleman's name is Dr. Alaa Shaheen. He is Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology at Cairo University. While Cairo University is a very well respected institution of higher learning, not just in Egypt but in the Middle East and the West as well, I don't know Dr. Shaheen's professional work at all. I don't recall reading anything by him in the archaeological journals like Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt or Journal of Egyptian Archaeology. I believe that he has been involved somehow on the alleged Bosnian pyramids. I will be interested in seeing how quickly he retracts this and how it plays out in the larger field of Egyptian archaeology. I think I'll make myself some popcorn. Let's just say that if I were writing an article I wouldn't use him as a source.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

An argument from authority

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Even brilliant minds can be swayed to believe things that just aren't born out by evidence. Isaac Newton believed in Alchemy, do you think that simply because he was undoubtedly brilliant on other subjects we should accept something like Alchemy?

The reason his credibility would be in question is quite simple, he made an extraordinary claim and to my knowledge showed no evidence supporting it. To say that simply because he's an archeologist we should accept what he says is an argument from authority.

Simply because the words come out of a Doctor's mouth doesn't mean you should accept them at face value, that's not how science works. I'll believe what this guy says when I see the actual published and peer reviewed research and the EVIDENCE supporting his conclusion, until then I have no reason to accept what he says. And more importantly we don't know if the source for the OP accurately depicts what he said IN CONTEXT.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here's the paper he wrote at UPenn for his P.H.D: "Historical significance of selected scenes involving Western Asiatics and Nubians in the private Theban tombs of the XVIIIth Dynasty" by Alaa El-Din M Shaheen, University of Pennsylvania

Source: repository.upenn.edu...

Now I am satisfied about him as a person (even though his body of work at large is missing, also now trying his full name in searches: "Alaa El-Din M Shaheen"). From there, we can track down the minutes from this conference, or other attendees to verify his statement.

EDIT TO ADD: Another paper, starts on page 369 (big doc): www.gizapyramids.org...
edit on 30-11-2010 by Jason88 because: more data

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

Try here, www.gizapower.com... ,and dont just read the info here grab the book if you would like some more info. Its FULL of facts and figures not theories.
Its an amazing read and you will look at things in a new, different way and feel enlightened!! I'm very surprised it hasnt made it to ATS. Maybe i'll do it myself one day...

edit on 30-11-2010 by MrMartay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dudeimanoldfart

I have read every post and just had to reply to this one. "Just love where it takes a stab at Christians." Wow. This is a thread about the possibility of alien technology or something along those lines, and you manage to throw in Christian bashing which is very prevalent on this site. How silly of us Christians to believe in God almighty and Christ his son, but not to believe that friggin aliens built the pyramids for the Egyptians!!!! I love history. I have over 2000 years of history and personal accounts that back my religion up. You have an article from a questionable source about a person that some diligent ATS members have proven does indeed exist that made comments somewhere to an "audience" about not confirming or denying something alien inside a pyramid in Egypt. WOW. Im not bashing, and im not debunking, but the Egyptians were alot like the Romans in some aspects. There was always somebody recording what was going on, and documenting the events of the times. Egyptian records document the building of the pyramids, and the kings that ordered them built. They documented that the pyramids were built over hundreds of years! The Kings were Gods, considered divine by the people, this is recorded, so the context that Gods built them is not entirely untrue, just taken out of context by our modern minds. The records also tell how the stones were cut from the quarries, where the quarries were, how they moved the blocks down river, and hoisted up on the pyramids by massive amounts of laborers and ingenious wooden "machines" which amount to leverage devices for lifting heavy blocks. They even document how long they could work a group of laborers before they needed to bring in fresh rested people to replace them! How much food they consumed! The pyramids are indeed amazing, and I believe we think ourselves so advanced that no other civilization could have made anything like that so long ago. All it takes is a royal order, teams of very smart engineers, laborers, money, ect and there you have it. The people back then were not stupid, or primitive, and had the knowledge to do these things. The Greeks (see Herodotus) even looked into the pyramids and have documented for themselves what the Egyptians told them. Again this was Waaay back in 4-500 BC. Since he did that so long ago does that mean he never existed? He is written about, and well documented by other people of that time frame, so did he really exist or is he just a made up fairy tale? That was so long ago how are we ever to know? The Greeks went to the trouble of actually measuring the pyramids themselves! They were there! They spoke to the Egyptians that knew all about how these things came to be! Why would an alien race come to earth, present themselves as Gods, hand over knowledge and technology, assist in building these wonders, and then vanish? If they did this, where is their knowledge recorded, the Egyptians would have done that. Where is the technology at and the documentation they would have made? I am not saying by any degree that aliens dont exist, I believe they do, but I dont see any actual proof that aliens built the pyramids. It seems to me that any writings of significant age (2,000 years +) seem to be completely ignored now days as fairy tales and falsehoods, and simply cannot be true! Folks, read history, youll be suprised.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

i agree entirley he is genuine but what we need now is a reliable transcript of the conference we cant rely on that report from michael cohen

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

From there, we can track down the minutes from this conference, or other attendees to verify his statement.

There is nothing to suggest that he made these statements at this conference or any conference.

Wouldn't it be nice if the originators of this story just gave out the information on where he made these statements? Seems like it would be simple to do...but no...they don't.

They are either horrible reporters...or they are hiding something.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

i agree its not just christians some people seem to us this place as a vehicle to bash many religions.
lets keep it on topic and leave personal religious beliefs out of it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I really don't see the big controversy in regards of whether ET's aided the egyptians with the building of the Pyramids, nor is it an "Extraordinary claim", for the very same reasons. Why? Because the Egyptians themselves blatantly writes in their scriptures(For instance The Hitat and Verbatim) that- Word for word- "and then Saurid and his people built the great pyramid with the assistance of the Guardians of the Sky.'

No mystery- The Egyptians lays it all out themselves word by word.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

I couldn't agree more. Mary was as genetically perfect as they could fine apparently. That or she had some genetic anomoly that helped the alien DNA combine with hers. Seriously can you say invitro fertilization? That would be a virgin birth. Oh and lets not forget about the "star" that led the wise men to Jerusalem. Either way you look at it God is an alien and Jesus is a hybrid.

edit on 11/30/2010 by pwrthtbe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Aha, I agree we can't rely on michael cohen. All News Website started with extreme accusations and certainly less knowledge than the average UFO research buff. Hopefully michaels' not overgrowing his thoughts on the reality of UFOs and their modus operandi?

AT first, I began coming to the conclusion the main pyramid was a conduit for energy, eg: so called "Khufu Burial Chamber" within the granite-box was actually the place which charged/re-charged the Ark of the Convenient.
Now,

I'm more confident of that usage, and have been reading/watching for other specific things the great pyramid might have been resposible for. Such as a power magnifier used by ancient Egyptians for such things as..luminescence, partly used for the illumination of of ongoing tombs and Pharaohs being able to see during engraving/painting of such?

Decoy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

At this point I'm going with horrible reporting. No sources, no exact pyramid named, getting the professor's name wrong, what conference exactly - I'm not even sure this is news. What I do hope is that the source, Alaa El-Din M Shaheen, comes forward to clarify his statement. I'm not going to write him, but it's easy to do. Someone could also track down the Polish delegate, Marek Novak, if Dr Shaheen doesn't respond.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

i agree entirley he is genuine but what we need now is a reliable transcript of the conference we cant rely on that report from michael cohen

I am on it
I am calling him directly tomorrow to ask him if he or anyone else might now where to get a copy of the conference. I will mention the article and why I want the information. He may think I am nuts or he may be nice and talk to me. I just checked with my phone service provider and it's not that bad to call Cairo. I found his contact number on the University's site. So I will call in the morning, just remember they are 7hrs ahead of me

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join