It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks US Diplomacy Leak: Partial, incomplete, imbalanced and therefore plain WRONG!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

As said before, we only have 219 files released out of 250,000+. its a little too early in the game to be saying there's nothing of major importance. Im & im sure many others are right now as we speak glancing over the files on wikileaks, it will take some time for the juicy stuff to come out, patience

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

So, you have a problem with this release of information, but not the release of the Iraq/A-stan info? Jeebus.....

Exactly... Because the previous leaks were about exposing double standards and secret practices in war that go contrary to what the US and allies were claiming to be doing in Irak and Afghanistan.

This is, however, more than just wanting to give a black-eye to the US, but the US is the target...

Then, change name to "USleaks", drop the Wiki...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc
reply to post by signal2noise

So, you have a problem with this release of information, but not the release of the Iraq/A-stan info? Jeebus.....

Exactly... Because the previous leaks were about exposing double standards and secret practices in war that go contrary to what the US and allies were claiming to be doing in Irak and Afghanistan.

This is, however, more than just wanting to give a black-eye to the US, but the US is the target...

Then, change name to "USleaks", drop the Wiki...

I just don't get that you don't get that Wikileaks can only publish what it is given.

How many of the cables have you read so far?

second

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wikileaks reported FACTS, I am interested in facts and won't condemn anyone for giving them to me. The citizens are PAYING for all this, they serve to know the truth. Especially for allies it's important, because it seems to confirm that they are being played by the US who only care about their agenda...

Also, saying they're unbalanced is ridiculous. FACTS can't be unbalanced as they don't include opinions. They just dump the facts on us, and don't make any statements regarding them. What baffles me even more is that you claim they're unbalanced but you haven't even read the majority of cables!! You are forming your "unbalanced" opinion on incomplete data...which shows that you're biased against Wikileaks from the start.

I for one say: GO WIKILEAKS GO!! One of the few news sources that focuses on facts and NOT opinions.
edit on 28-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Again, not so much about the content, which is dangerous enough in itself, but about the why and the how...

Do you agree that there is no balance in this 'effort'?
Do you agree that the positive 'results' of this are hard to fathom?

As to how much I've read, not much yet, though I started...

Based on the reports by the major newspapers that already had the material and had more time to sift through it, things are going to get fishy soon...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

There are docs from other countries..ie.Quatar to Iran .Rome to Saudi I think...cant remember but found them on other threads ...There is alot going on and quickley ..someone posted that there were over 40 000 people joining wiki facebook and following their tweets ...I made posts on 2 wiki threads that went swish into cyber death ....its going to be intresting once the stream slows down and the mods can get a grip how to make this work ..a well must scram ....peace

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Wikileaks reported FACTS, I am interested in facts and won't condemn anyone for giving them to me. The citizens are PAYING for all this, they serve to know the truth. Especially for allies it's important, because it seems to confirm that they are being played by the US who only care about their agenda...

Also, saying they're unbalanced is ridiculous. FACTS can't be unbalanced as they don't include opinions. They just dump the facts on us, and don't make any statements regarding them. What baffles me even more is that you claim they're unbalanced but you haven't even read the majority of cables!! You are forming your "unbalanced" opinion on incomplete data...which shows that you're biased against Wikileaks from the start.

I for one say: GO WIKILEAKS GO!! One of the few news sources that focuses on facts and NOT opinions.
edit on 28-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Well its not facts they are releasing for the most part is peoples opinions on other people and things. This more like a release of gossip then it is facts.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think it would be prudent to wait till more is released before making any assumptions..
So far less than 0.01% has been released..
Hardly enough to decide if it's selective IMO..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Well its not facts they are releasing for the most part is peoples opinions on other people and things. This more like a release of gossip then it is facts.

Yes but isn't it these "opinions" that shape foreign affairs and how they are handled??
But again, we have seen very little so far..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Although I am concerned about the method and about the complete lack of regard to having a more comprehensive quantity of information and sources, the amount of material that has been published and analyzed by the international media so far, already depicts a very worrisome situation for a few countries, political figures, and the balance of power and internal consequences in some countries.

So far, I have been following coverage by US, UK, Italian and Spanish media in regards to this issue. So far, enough has been unearthed to support some of the bad scenarios predicted in the past days.

This, as you said, with not all of it well looked at yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Some of them are opinions, some of them facts. The thing is, those opinions shape foreign policy and are therefore VERY relevant!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Patience grasshopper,this will take weeks to disclose.

Whats coming as the weeks go by. Over 300,000 records! We have just begun to see what wiki has.

public.tableausoftware.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 11/28/10 by nickoli because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Unbalanced is the source, the origin of all the info: the US diplomatic machinery.

Again, were it a collection from material from different countries, you might have a case, but in any scenario, it all traces back to the same source, therefore imbalanced.

No matter who gets splashed by some of the possible scandals which are already brewing, the responses could sound something like: "well, it is an opinion, method, analysis, source, gathering, etc. of the US government..."

Or not?

I am not at all biased against Wikileaks, quite the contrary...

So far, I held their aims in very high esteem, this is precisely why I find this so alarming and disappointing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not for nothing but you all realize these documents were obtained in an illegal fashion right?

Many seem to be OK with that fact because it gives them a perverse insight into global affairs. So we have what appears to be one rogue US intelligence analyst with a chip. He in turn steals classified information and passes it on to the rapist and everyone is cheering this remarkable breakthrough.

When it fits your own little world everything is great right? Wait untill the day comes when your emails with your mistress get published on a website for the world (and your spouse) to see.

Bet you'll all cry foul then.

Hypocrites.

Becker

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Is it really wikileaks fault if no one in these other countries are prepared to leak info??
Wiki can only show what it has received..
Should they wait for whistleblowers from every other country so you don't call them biased??

That's really what you are asking..
Bottom line..The US has by far the biggest effect on the world, politically, financially and militarily..
Therefore they are the ones we need to know about the most for obvious reasons.
They have reshaped countries and opinions for decades and we need to know why it was done on each occassion..
For the good of all or just a few..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Nobody or entity is above the law,or there is no law. These governments represent the people,damn right I want to know what they are doing in my name.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Trust me Nick. No you don't.

Becker

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well, if you were an "ally" of the US, and then read that behind your back they really think you're a complete tool...that's an interesting fact. Same goes for other countries "playing" other countries for fools.

For example, the citizens of the UK should have the right to know whether the US plays them or not...after all, it's them paying for the war.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wikileaks released what they wanted to release. They have studied the documents they have, and are releasing only the info they want, and when they want.. and you're eating this up? Come sheep...more grass over here.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc

Again, I am repeating myself because this is the important point I'm trying to get across:

BALANCE!

Where is that info? When is it coming out? Will it ever?

Until now, the only holiday we'll be celebrating on this day is the Cake-in-the-Face on the US Day... nothing more.

Truth, or by defect, the closest that can be managed, is sought by taking into account as many sides as possible.

With only one source info as this case, this becomes just a propaganda act, because, although this info is clamorously important, it comes from one source only and speaks about one source only.

Not enough, and not right.

I think you might be misunderstanding how wikileaks works.

they provide a place for people to leak information.

the largest sources of such information over the last year have been from the United States.

It seems like you're suggesting they should hold off on releasing this data until similarly high profile whistleblowers come forward from other countries, and release those volumes of data alongside the US data to satisfy your perception of "balanced".

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. And there's no reason why it should.

Wikileaks is down for me at the moment, so I can't provide you with URLs, but up until the release of the first Iraq war file, the "balance" you are looking for existed to an extent in their country by country wiki. These last couple of leaks (again, information they have received, not information they've produced) have been so massive that it will take a serious effort on the part of a whistleblower - or collection of whistleblowers - somewhere to tip the scales again.

Here's hoping, frankly. Sooner or later there will be a similar release of Chinese data, or Russian data, or Indian data, or Pakistani data... but that release isn't up to wikileaks to provide. It has to be leaked to them first, at substantial risk to the people doing the leaking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join