It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evangelists appointed to Lords, Christians desperate to force their delusion upon my children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Christians will be around long after all of us are gone. That is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

Imagine if all this hysteria and hate was tossed at Muslims in Europe. The secularists here would be in a total snit at the bigotry if this was directed at Muslims. How ignorant can you all be when you act like kooks towards Christians; acting like they have some kind of disease?. "The Christians are coming, the Christians are coming! Hide yer kids!" I did not know they had red necks in Europe, too!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

But then there's the possibility, that Zroth's one and only 'god' isn't on google,

Right. I am not a fan of repeating myself however I did mention in my original response that technology is not a substitute.

Thanks for taking the time to try and get my goat. I appreciate the effort.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I never get tired of hearing the intolerant ravings of "tolerant rational atheist". Come on guys is Christianity that scary?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Djin is a rabid Anti-Religion fanatic...
He will not listen to any kind of debate that is outside of the Bible writings...
His last OP's include:

Christmas 2010... and Santa's got competition as multi-faith lights blaze out Read more

Muslim pupils learn to cut off hands of thieves

By Resistting our Bigotry Gays Are Persecuting The Church says Italian Cardinal

Schools get go-ahead to teach Paganism alongside major religions

Children should be protected from bigoted Christian foster parents

New child abuse investigation at home where the Catholic Church is trying to avoid payment of compen

Children being roped in to fill the empty places at pope events

Stand aside Sharia – here comes biblical law

Christians lose another bid for privilege at work, thank god for that

If Djin was actually interested in polite, reasoned debate, it would be fruitful to post with him.

Alas, he is not. One cannot debate with a person who has absolutely no interest or respect at all
in even entertaining the thoughts and ideas of another person.

I must ask why even post on a forum, if one feels he is so superior in his beliefs that
anyone contrary to those beliefs is not even afforded the courtesy of respect in listening,
consideration, and answering?

God Bless~

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

First, I want you to know that I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Now, I think that pushing any thought, theory or prejudice upon anyone is wrong. I am always trying to talk to people about Jesus and what his sacrifice means to all of us. However, if someone does not want to hear it then I will relent. I pray for those people. I have no idea how old your children are, but one day they will make up their own minds; just like you did. There will be nothing you will be able to do. I can also tell you that there is absolutely nothing to loose if you believe in Jesus, confess that Jesus is your sole God, repent of your sins and try to live as a better person. As a matter of fact, all your original laws are rooted in the Ten Commandments as with America. This is not a way for me to make you mad. I am just trying to put some logical thoughts for you to ponder. Take care and I do hope this may help you a bit.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by Control

Imagine if all this hysteria and hate was tossed at Muslims in Europe. The secularists here would be in a total snit at the bigotry if this was directed at Muslims. How ignorant can you all be when you act like kooks towards Christians; acting like they have some kind of disease?. "The Christians are coming, the Christians are coming! Hide yer kids!" I did not know they had red necks in Europe, too!

I am an American and a decorated US military combat veteran. I don't think Christianity is a disease, nor did I intimate that in any of my posts. Notice how I have referred ONLY to fundamentalist, evangelical nondenominational (which IS a denomination) Christians... Like you, obviously.... Much of what I have observed with the evangelicals does suggest a mental disorder, probably in the mild schizoid family, but that certainly does not apply to all, or even most of the Christians that I have encountered.

I spend quite a bit of time in discourse with devout Christians during my vacation periods which are nearly always taken at a Cistercian (Christian) Monastery with whom I sincerely appreciate the perspective I gain for my own total outlook. Again. Plain evidence of the immediate and final judgment which can only come from closing your eyes and ears halfway through what anybody says that threatens the superiority of your particular flavor of Christianity. Your flavor tastes like crap which makes people arrogant and pushy at best and terrorist and war criminal at worst.. Quit trying to force feed it to everyone.

Also, your scurrilous claims that Muslims are not facing discrimination and hate on a daily basis is laughable at best. You obviously don't get out of the suburbs much. Muslims are facing a tremendous amount of discrimination on a daily basis, particularly in the US . Many would say that is a tremendous understatement considering the nauseating amount of Muslim civilian noncombatant casualties and nightmarish atrocities in all of the Muslim majority countries we are currently conducting military operations in, and don't forget that many of those soldiers committing those atrocities are of the evangelical movement. I have read more bigoted statements in regards to Muslims in more of the vast array of websites I visit on a daily basis than I have towards Christians. You wanna see what anti-Muslim bigotry looks like? go to World Net Daily's website. It's filled with it. Go to evangelical blogs and forums and read their opinions on moderate Muslims.

You wanna know why you don't hear too much from moderate Muslims? Because most of them are simply not participating in ANY SIDE of this drama because they can see it's all BS too. I know a few "so-called" moderate Muslims, and they think everyone that has anything much to do with any of this crap is plumb crazy, including me, because any participation of any kind supports the continuation of the drama. Which is a concept and I am conflicted over, personally, but respect their right to hold that position.

Also, again, I have not spoken of Christianity as a whole. Just as not all Muslims are terrorists. Not all Christians are terrorists, but I personally view evangelical fundamentalist Christianity as a terroristically radicalizing element in our society. Just look at abortion clinic bombers, the Christian Identity movement, the "sovereign citizen" movement, and foreign missionary organizations like the ones that promote things like the Lords Resistance Army in Uganda, and Ugandan witch burning and gay burning and Fred Phelps.

It is these dangerous extremist vocal minorities (make no mistake, you belong to this minority) which gives Christians around the world, who wish to have nothing to do with you or your hateful anti-God, a bad name.

I was stationed in an African country for a while. One of the first things I noticed at a refugee camp run by evangelical missionaries was that they were actively denying aid to any refugee who would not renounce their tribal religion, or Islam (whichever non-Christian religion they happened to practice, there were about 7 different belief systems represented in that particular culture) and many hundreds of people died as a result. When we sent our own mission to the camp to determine what exactly had happened and to talk the missionaries into stopping their behavior, they told us that they had given them every opportunity to accept their help and that the people who died had denied their assistance. They simply refused to understand that they had placed those Africans in an absolutely awful position. Literally, in most cases, convert or die. Many of the leadership figures of the centers were also aiding anti-government insurgents in the very countries they are attempting to convert the refugees of.

Many times I wished that we were in US jurisdiction because I would have loved slapping the cuffs on them and charging them with premeditated murder, and it would have been an easy case to make in a US court. It was Americans doing that crap too. Americans and Aussies. So don't give me this "You just hate Christians" crap, cause I've seen way too much to fall for any more of those shenanigans. Christianity is such a beautiful expression of human potential and has produced it's most beautiful art and architecture. Please stop ruining it's beauty.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Control because: improve clarity in paragraph 3

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Indeed.

But don't take my word for it. seek it for yourself.

Yes, and if, while on your quest, you bump into nessie, the easter bunny and santa,can you tell them I was looking for them?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Re thegoodearth

You wrote:

"I must ask why even post on a forum, if one feels he is so superior in his beliefs that
anyone contrary to those beliefs is not even afforded the courtesy of respect in listening,
consideration, and answering?"

When did fundie christianity ever consider equality, courtesy and communication?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Re Sara 123123

You wrote:

"Christians will be around long after all of us are gone. That is a good thing."

And so will neo-nazis, hardcore-commies, jihadists and all the other fanatics, who know what's best for everybody.

We can only hope, that there also will be some of your terrible 'secularists' around, stemming the rivers of blood which is the usual result of extremism.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Djin is a rabid Anti-Religion fanatic...

No I'm not

He will not listen to any kind of debate that is outside of the Bible writings...

If Djin was actually interested in polite, reasoned debate, it would be fruitful to post with him.

Christianity has been forced upon me and is upon my children without "any" debate whatsoever let alone reasoned. The christian rule book makes it quite clear that there is no room for debate and their history clearly shows how they implemented this with great zeal.

Alas, he is not. One cannot debate with a person who has absolutely no interest or respect at all in even entertaining the thoughts and ideas of another person.

I'll entertain thoughts and ideas but I certainly will not have them forced upon me

I must ask why even post on a forum, if one feels he is so superior in his beliefs that anyone contrary to those beliefs is not even afforded the courtesy of respect in listening, consideration, and answering?

What do you want me to listen to exactly, bible verses ad nauseum ?

Have I not endeavored to answer, did I miss you out or something ? My bad forgive me.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...#!

Hope this link works, seemed rather apt.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

First, I want you to know that I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

Which jesus ? Why did yoiu decide to do this ?

Now, I think that pushing any thought, theory or prejudice upon anyone is wrong.

The character ywheh / jesus in the bibles insists upon acting in this manner to the point of should an individual reject him/it he would be put to death.

I am always trying to talk to people about Jesus and what his sacrifice means to all of us.

Why ? Do you lack friends or something ? Try talking about the weather or vacations perhaps, if people want to know anything about a jesus character they can do the same as you, pick up a book job done.

If you are referring to the bible character jesus, what sacrifice are you speaking of ? Sacrifice by definition requires a loss, jesus didn't die he was alive again in a couple of days and seeing how he and yawhe are alleged to be one and the same omnipresent being, then he couldn't die.

I have no idea how old your children are, but one day they will make up their own minds; just like you did.

They've already made up their minds my friend, not unlike any other kids mine certainly don't listen to me but if you turned up one day trying to convince them that the bible story is real then they would demand evidence.

As we know christianity is alleged by many christians to be based on faith and providing proof (which xtianity fails to do anyhow) would make the faith null and void. So you would probably find my kids rejecting you due to lack of evidence in relation to the veracity of claims and that christianity has nothing to offer that they don't already have in their lives.

I can also tell you that there is absolutely nothing to loose if you believe in Jesus, confess that Jesus is your sole God,

Of course there is , "freedom" to think how I please I don't want to live my life with the notion of invisible beings monitoring my every thought that's repugnant !

repent of your sins and try to live as a better person.

What makes you think I have "sinned" as you put it ? A better person!!! ? I'm doing pretty ok as I am thank you very much .

As a matter of fact, all your original laws are rooted in the Ten Commandments

The are not my laws dude, nevertheless christianity is rooted in the old testament, not a very smart thing to do if your starting a new region. Nevertheless regaqrdless of how much xtians wriggle to get out of it they are absolutely chained to yawhe his mental health and his insane rules.

This is not a way for me to make you mad. I am just trying to put some logical thoughts for you to ponder.

It's not easy to make me mad my friend, but I would certainly be seriously mad to pick up a bible and start believing what it says. Yes I do apply logic with a hint of reason before making decisions and as there is no evidence for the veracity of bible claims logic and reason would dictate that I reject them

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
I never get tired of hearing the intolerant ravings of "tolerant rational atheist". Come on guys is Christianity that scary?

Er um let's take a look shall we ? =

Luke 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

(NRSV) First Timothy 6:1-6 Let all who are under the yoke of slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be blasphemed. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful to them on the ground that they are members of the church; rather they must serve them all the more, since those who benefit by their service are believers and beloved.

(NRSV) First Corinthians 7:20-21 Let each of you remain in the condition in which you were called. Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it.[21]

Exodus 21:20-21 When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. Render service with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not to men and women, knowing that whatever good we do, we will receive the same again from the Lord, whether we are slaves or free.[22]

(NRSV) Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only while being watched and in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord.[23]

(NRSV) Titus 2:9-10 Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our savior.[24]

(NRSV) First Peter 2:18-19 Slaves, accept the authority of your masters with all deference, not only those who are kind and gentle but also those who are harsh. For it is a credit to you if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly.[25]

In a word,YES christianity is that scary!!

edit on 29-11-2010 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

you mine as well be posting a one-liner... come on man stop trolling!

if you have an opinion please post it, instead of just sarcastic or otherwise remarks on quotations.

edit on 11/29/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

you mine as well be posting a one-liner... come on man stop trolling!

if you have an opinion please post it, instead of just sarcastic or otherwise remarks on quotations.

edit on 11/29/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Hey don't blame me ! If what you say is true -

everything you do and everything you say, in fact the fabric of the very nature of your being that makes you what you are and the things you have learned is part of Christian history

then I am merely a product of the christian delusion that is well past its' use by date. Childish beliefs may want to drag us into a pit of misery, frankly I'll stick with the god of reason and flip my finger to the last breath.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

See now you are just being condescending. You are trying to come off as superior and trying to make any Christian inferior to you in every way. I hate to break it to you but it seems as though you made up your child's mind, not the other way around.

I don't understand why you would think that because the OId Testament said to do such things that we have to do it. You fail to realize that we must follow society as well. The book was written 2,000 years ago for their laws and times. But it doesn't mean much of the morals taught in the Bible is false. It doesn't mean that we will stone our wives for adultery, or our sons for not listening to us.

You have it in your head that we are some murdering lunatics and there is no way in changing it. So I bid you good day and best of luck in your endeavors.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
Obviously I know what your opinion on matters are... why is it a crime for them to have their own opinions also? If there were no christians and only atheists (just an example) would christians respond the way you did? So isnt a mix of everything the best representation for us?

It's not a simple case of just having an opinion they're intent on forcing their beliefs upon me.

How many of these types of people in these positions do you think, will it take before bronze age blasphemy laws are re introduced or that homosexuals are once again treated as the dysfunctional wicked of society ?

Please bear in mind that these people hand out books to children that give clear instructions on how to beat your slave and that disobedient children should be stoned to death !!!

Live in a society operating with christian values and morals ?

Over my cold dead body

Let me explain something to you.

A person would REALLY have to hate someone's guts to believe eternal life was possible for them but refused to share that with them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Let me explain something to you. A person would REALLY have to hate someone's guts to believe eternal life was possible for them but refused to share that with them.

Let me explain something to you

Amway distributors really believe they can make you wealthy, and feel it an injustice not to share that with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Well said.

Very well said!.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join