It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evangelists appointed to Lords, Christians desperate to force their delusion upon my children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Among the newly announced intake of peers into the House of Lords are several high profile Christians of an evangelical bent. Among them are:

Bob Edmiston, multi-millionaire car dealer who founded Christian Vision, one of the largest international Christian religious organisations in the United Kingdom. It is a registered charity and in 2007 had an endowment of £200 million. Its mission is “To introduce people to Jesus and encourage those who acknowledge Him to accept Him as the Son of God and become His true followers

Sir Richard Dannatt, formerly Chief of General Staff in the British Army. An evangelical Anglican, Dannatt called for a return to traditional Judeo-Christian values in order to counter “the Islamist threat” within British society

Elizabeth Berridge is the retiring director of the Conservative Christian Fellowship, which is as reactionary as it sounds.

Sir Patrick Cormack is described as “a committed Christian”. He was a long-serving Tory MP and was a rector’s warden at Parliament’s parish church, St Margaret’s, Westminster, from 1978–90. His voting record on abortion, homosexuality and any socially progressive legislation is appalling.

Yes indeed folks, it's not good enough to hand out a leaflet about jesus and give intelligent thought as to the rejection of their delusion.

Oh no, these interfering bastards are really working hard in the background to bring society under their control .

Needless to say I'm in the forefront of the fight to free society and our children from these wicked people.

link www.secularism.org.uk...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Obviously I know what your opinion on matters are... why is it a crime for them to have their own opinions also? If there were no christians and only atheists (just an example) would christians respond the way you did? So isnt a mix of everything the best representation for us?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
Obviously I know what your opinion on matters are... why is it a crime for them to have their own opinions also? If there were no christians and only atheists (just an example) would christians respond the way you did? So isnt a mix of everything the best representation for us?

It's not a simple case of just having an opinion they're intent on forcing their beliefs upon me.

How many of these types of people in these positions do you think, will it take before bronze age blasphemy laws are re introduced or that homosexuals are once again treated as the dysfunctional wicked of society ?

Please bear in mind that these people hand out books to children that give clear instructions on how to beat your slave and that disobedient children should be stoned to death !!!

Live in a society operating with christian values and morals ?

Over my cold dead body

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
LOL,

You should have no fear of the "evil Christians" coming for you.

You will have your legs kicked out from under you when the Muslim call to prayer blasts from the loudspeakers in Downtown London long before those evil Christians cause you any problems other than being annoying.

Then you will understand the "enforcement" of beliefs being forced upon you.
edit on 28-11-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

Any person that believes in imaginary people should not be in a position of power.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
It's not a simple case of just having an opinion they're intent on forcing their beliefs upon me.

Can you please explain what these people have actually done to force their beliefs on you?

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
Any person that believes in imaginary people should not be in a position of power.

That rules out just about everyone then.....Santa, the Tooth Fairy, The Boogey Man, Mother Nature etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

You will have your legs kicked out from under you when the Muslim call to prayer blasts from the loudspeakers in Downtown London long before those evil Christians cause you any problems other than being annoying. Then you will understand the "enforcement" of beliefs being forced upon you.

Exactly, xtianity had it's turn operated no different to islam and a hell of a lot of blood had to shed before reason started wining the day.

I'm not going back to that but I don't mind fighting on more than one front and am not settling for the lesser of 2 evils.

My children deserve better, remember the bastards in question are not even elected ! Who the hell would elect someone who hears voices in their heads believes that there is an invisible misogynistic homophobic man that lives in the sky ??

Well the ignorant, uneducated, poor and sick tend to

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

take a look at the Uk education act just for starters -

"each pupil in attendance at a community, foundation or voluntary school shall on each school day take part in an act of collective worship."

Pick a deity, any deity as long as it "broadly christian"

So tell me,how exactly is christianity so much different to Islam ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You cannot make rules about things like this, reverse discrimination is as bad (my opinion worse) as the discrimination in the first place. Reason I believe so, is you think your crap dont stink so much to the point of forcing your unbelief on the rest of us.

Why cant you just be as tolerant as you want them to be?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by The Djin

Can you please explain what these people have actually done to force their beliefs on you?

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

That rules out just about everyone then.....Santa, the Tooth Fairy, The Boogey Man, Mother Nature etc.

Yep

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
You cannot make rules about things like this, reverse discrimination is as bad (my opinion worse) as the discrimination in the first place. Reason I believe so, is you think your crap dont stink so much to the point of forcing your unbelief on the rest of us.

Why cant you just be as tolerant as you want them to be?

This isn't an issue of not being tollerant of other people's belief's, it's an issue of other people's belief's having an impact on social, legal, education etc policies.
In my opinion, there should be a seperation of religion and state.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i am sorry for your kids that they will have your beliefs forced

down there throat and will not be aloud to think for

themselfs

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Right, because our beliefs are somehow inferior to yours? Believing in no God is a religion all its own. So now, even you cannot influence our government. Who will do so? Or should we live in anarchy?

Do me a favor and get off your high horse, remember it takes all kinds... and then get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
i am sorry for your kids that they will have your beliefs forced

down there throat and will not be aloud to think for

themselfs

Don't be so bloody ignorant, not believing something does not imply a belief system.

FYI, please don't feel sorry for my kids they're doing fine thank you very much and indeed are positively enocuraged think for themselves.

Needles to say when 2 kids display the abilities to reason and intellectually dwarf so called "adults" that insist they should not watch or read Harry Potter but believe that a man lived inside a fish and a ghost got a virgin pregnant. The deluded cringe run away and stalk children with less education and a propensity to beleive almost any nonsense for some attention.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Yes indeed folks, it's not good enough to hand out a leaflet about jesus and give intelligent thought as to the rejection of their delusion. Oh no, these interfering bastards are really working hard in the background to bring society under their control . Needless to say I'm in the forefront of the fight to free society and our children from these wicked people.

I agree. One is as bad as the other when used in this context. Forcing religion, any religion on children is wrong, and constitutes child abuse to me. Mark my words, if the great, rich, powerful Christian corporation and their extreme arm, the Christian Right could control America, they would, in a heartbeat. I guess the UK should not have open their back door and let all of those Muslim in in the first place. I have a friend over there, and she tells me things is getting bad in a lot of areas of law and government. Some want o force Sharia law on everyone, and teach in the schools.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If you're encouraging them to think for themselves, then why not allow them to learn about God and Christ our Savior? We are given the gift of free-will for a reason. If they choose to follow Christ, that's their free- will choice and they should be allowed to make it. What may not be for you, isn't necessarily not for them.

Edit: P.S. I myself am not aligned with any man-made religious organization, and do not agree with the teachings presented by any of these false-religions in these End Times including the one's posted by the OP. But if anyone is interested in TRUTH, the links can be found in my signature.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: Additional Clarification

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

Right, because our beliefs are somehow inferior to yours? Believing in no God is a religion all its own.

In relation to invisible men that live in the sky I'm an theist because of lack of evidence proving as such, this is not by any stretch of the imagination regardless to what your pastor or Kirk Cameron will "tell" you to think.

Indeed, your appearance suspending any semblance of the ability to think critically would suggest an inferiority .

So now, even you cannot influence our government. Who will do so? Or should we live in anarchy?

Far from it, people like me have,can and will influence a government, remember the roman catholic church was once the government.

Do me a favor and get off your high horse, remember it takes all kinds... and then get over yourself.

I'm not the one proselytizing to the poor having a history and instruction manual of child rape murder and misogyny .

No doubt you'll forgive me ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have a friend over there, and she tells me things is getting bad in a lot of areas of law and government. Some want o force Sharia law on everyone, and teach in the schools.

She doesn't lie (unlike the religious ) the christians are in a panic their churches are being turned into flats and furniture shops due to lack of interest (and lack of evidence) in their delusion.
They desperate to get access to young minds and in my opinion are the ones stirring up the fearmongering in relation to sharia law etc.

Indeed, it is true that many a Muslim would have sharia law in the uk if they could but that's a dead dog on the off in the UK, there is simply too much money involved in bacon, breasts, and womens magazines lol

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

If you're encouraging them to think for themselves, then why not allow them to learn about God and Christ our Savior?

Indeed they have, the source of the yahwhe/jesus character is the bibles my kids can read them whenever they wish and have read a little of them.

Both my kids find the yawhe/jesus character quite disgusting interestingly enough .

We are given the gift of free-will for a reason.

This is something that you choose to believe, however reason would dictate the if the yahweh/jesus god is the creator of all that there is, was , or will ever be then the created being able to act in a manner cotrary to the will of the alleged creator can at the most be an illusion.

If they choose to follow Christ, that's their free- will choice and they should be allowed to make it. What may not be for you, isn't necessarily not for them.

My kids figured out quite quickly that having a choice of compliance or death does not in any way constitute freedom of choice.

End Times

End times ? Who says so ? Where you get that from some bronze age scribe ?

I take it you don't have a pension then ?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I find it funny, and quite a bit ironic that you claim the moral high ground. Especially considering us Christians are the ones that will be trying to force our beliefs down your kid's throats. However when I read between the lines... if you had it your way, your beliefs would be the only beliefs.

Have fun living your paranoid delusion that everyone around you that may possibly believe in Jesus as the savior is in on this giant conspiracy to force you and your family to believe our tenets.

Just dont feel bad when I laugh at you for your small mindedness. You claim to want tolerance of sexual preference but have no tolerance for others religion? Hypocritical to say the least... and you show the worst traits of the most bigoted of all races, religions, and creeds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join