It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Prepping Society for the Inevitable!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Anyone else thinking that Hollywood is doing the government's deed in prepping society for the awaited E.T. exposure? Be it invasion, government disclosure, or an E.T. Here I am, Lets be friends scenario?

Look at this, 15 movies confirmed for debut in 2011 based on some form of alien involvement. 16 if you include 'Megamind' which was oddly included in the list but I'm dismissing it haha.

Anyone else think this is something deeper than J.J. Abrams, Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, and James Cameron trying to make a buck?

Heres the list. Some look really cool, others I haven't heard of.

www.cinemasoldier.com...

Cross reference to IMDB to check out trailers on a few of em.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No. Its just you.

There is no connection between the entertainment industry and UFO disclosure.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes, whilst cruising IMDB this week I noticed this too. As a fan of alien films I've always been disappointed that it is fairly rare for an alien film to be made (crappy B-movies excluded)- I can't say I'm not glad about this sudden spate though! Anyway, it could just be that they have picked up on the whole 2012 thing that's on the general publics mind, and see that the alien/supernatural phenomena is related and see it as a sure-fire way to cash in. I'm not sure showing films where, generally, aliens basically destroy us would be a good way of doing what you state. Although, I suppose it could de-sensitize us to it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
That was a pretty cool link, but I don't think half those moives are coming out, maybe. But it's things like the Disclosure Porject, UFO sightings, Roswell, Ohare Airport, Rendlsham Forest, Larry King Live, that inspires writers to come up with Alien moives.

I don't believe in a conspiracy theory that the Governments orders Hollywood screen witers to come up with Alien movies.

Essentially you can also say the Government controls hip hop lyrics, Saturday Morning Cartoons, Jersey Shore, and Sex in the City all to control society, for example, to manipulate people's spending habits.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crookedj0k3r

Hollywood is running out of ideas and realized the alien genre hasn't been over done and decided to change that..

I am looking forward to Cowboys Vs. Aliens though

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I was an extra in a couple of those films. "Cowboys and Aliens" and "Paul" both shot here in the land of enchantment.

I've been in the film world [background, bit player, crew] now for about 4 years and I've never seen Hollywood interested in anything other than the profit margin and the bottom line. Especially Disney!!

The Indy film world is a different matter. Call it art, social conscience, honor, or just making movies for the hell of it and attracting beautiful women. If there is an agenda....look there.

That's not to say that I don't think there are think tanks filled with social engineers manipulating what we think. That's a job for TV. Go to any shopping mall, sporting event or rock show and tell me what you see.

edit on 27-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Seems like more than half of them are in the works and alot have trailers. Battle: L.A. Looked pretty good but I wanna see how well they did filming in Louisiana :S Paul looks funny if your a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost person.

I dunno just an awful lot of alien movies coming out as of late and I don't just think its lack of creativity in the industry, you know? Considering they seem to be filmed with J.J. Abrams, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg, etc.. These guys are writing the way the industry writes, produces and films motion pictures. I dunno though I just thought it was interesting that a lot of movies are being released in the next couple years doing with invasions and such.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The confusion that folks get when they get a little too caught up in this subject is easy to understand. Can't see the forest through all the trees. Soon enough, everything looks like it could be a part of "the conspiracy". So much so, that folks forget how reality works in their effort to grasp at the least plausible explanation.

In this instance, it is merely a complete ignorance of capitalism that compels those with maybe a little too open mind to think there is some sort of organized "Hollywood" disclosure happening. If one stops to actually think this through, one will easily see the error in their ways. I would almost feel bad for pointing them out, lol.

The real crime here, is yes....aliens and UFO's are always good sellers in the ENTERTAINMENT industry. But when it comes time to take them seriously.....well, the average Joe laughs at us. I wonder why? Could it be the sheer amount of overwhelming ignorance that permeates this subject and makes us all appear to be a laughing joke to anyone that casually glances in our little corner of the universe?

For far too long, the loudest and most ignorant have spoken for us. So much so, that we now have legions of "useful idiots" that back up the "spokes persons" of our dear little subject. It is sad, really.

It will take decades of reform in order to get this subject back on track. Those thinking that the world's governments have the answers are sorely mistaken. They know probably a little more than you or I (or google, lol) but nothing that they can really "disclose" that will blow your socks off.

In order to get the "disclosure" that the believers want, they first must understand that this subject needs to be taken seriously by JOE PUBLIC. Since the loudest and most ignorant among us don't understand that very basic concept, they perpetuate the stereotype that we are all saddled with.

Don't kill the messenger. Instead, you should be ashamed that I should even have to say the things I am saying. Once that shame runs deep enough, maybe we can start moving in a positive direction.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, one could argue, that as society ever embraces the UFO concept, that's it's just Hollywood feeding the sociological context for a buck.

On the other hand, many of us do feel deeply that it appears very plausible that we are being prepped & conditioned for something. I posted a long but very interesting quote on another thread about Mark Pilkington's Mirage Men interview of Dr, Christopher "Kit" Green (of The Aviary fame or infamy) that is very intriguing and gives Hollywood a part in disclosure.

Dr. Green begins:

"In a country that has a large, educated population there is a large subset of individuals who suffer from what's called paraphrenia. Paraphrenia is a form of mental illness that doesn't interfere with your everyday life. It means that you can have a delusion and not be crazy, a delusion that you can confine and control. Many of us have one corner of the mind that is delusional - I bet you that I do.

'I might, for example, be religious - I'm an Episcopalian, though as such, I am protected from diagnosis, as are all the UFO buffs, because a large social structure of shared beliefs, like a religion, cannot be a delusion. So all those people who believe that they are being beamed at by the government can no longer be diagnosed as crazy - there are just too many of them.

'But, if there is a condition that is threatening to the social structure - like the idea that the aliens are here and they are taking our babies, or that God hates people of a certain creed or colour - and if people who believe in that kind of delusion band together, they can end up encouraging each other to get a lot sicker, or they strap on belts and make themselves human bombs. So we have to know how to deal with these people and how to prevent them from being dangerous to others.

'This applies to the UFO problem. If something really strange in the area of UFOs is true, then what do we do about conveying that information to the public? First we consider what may be the basic facts: maybe there are civilised lifeforms elsewhere in the universe; maybe they visited us in their spaceships a couple of times and then went back home; perhaps they left a vehicle or some technology behind and we've spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out how to use it. And there may be people in the government who believe that this did happen, and believe that the information needs to be public knowledge, because perhaps someone outside of the government will be able to make sense of their technology. But there's another group of people in power who say, "No, it will make them sick to know all this, we can't let the story out, it's too dangerous." '

John and I glanced at each other. My mouth was dry. I felt the temperature drop. Or was it rising? I wasn't sure. Things were getting strange again. Did Kit just tell us that these things happened? Was that a hypothetical scenario he had just presented us with, or one that he believed to be real? Kit continued.

'So, what do we do? There are studies on both sides of the problem. Some show that people will go crazy and jump of bridges when they're presented with this information. Others, however, say that if you don't want them to go crazy, what you do is systematically desensitize their fears.

'If you are a psychiatrist with a patient you can do that in a very methodical way. If you are a sociologist working with a group of students at a university you can do this in a very structured and experimental way. But if you are a government with a population it's a lot more complicated. Sure, there are those who are just going to shrug and say, "I always knew the aliens were real, it's no big deal." But you also know that some of them are nuttier than a fruitcake and could cause a lot of trouble. So we have to ask ourselves how we can tell people what they deserve to know and, maybe, what they need to know?

'The way to do it is to construct a framework whereby they can parse out the things that they've heard that are not true, and you whittle it down to a manageable story. A story like this: "There were three spaceships that came here over thirty years, and we've got one of them. We can't figure out how it works, we've crashed it because there's a lot of physics that we've still got to learn. We do have something that's like a magnethydrodynamic toroid, and it really did get a craft of the ground, but it smelled bad and it killed a couple of pilots. And we're really sorry about that, but we did it because we've got this machine that came from another planet, and we need to know how it works." '

Oh god, he just did it again. I tried to slow my breathing to prevent the giddiness from becoming a full-on panic attack.

Kit carried on, oblivious to my inner struggle. I was glad not to be inside one of his MRI machines.

'How do you tell people that story? If it's true?' he added, almost parenthetically.

"If you were to give them the core story right off the bat, they'd get sick, so you do it slowly over ten or twenty years.You put out a bunch of movies, a bunch of books, a bunch of stories, a bunch of Internet memes about reptilian aliens eating our children, about all the crazy stuff that we've seen recently in Serpo. Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

edit on 27-11-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can someone tell me how this super secret cabal of people manage to control what Hollywood puts out on a regular basis without any of their members breaking form and spilling the beans (in a credible fashion)?

Should I also assume there is some disclosure to be had on the romantic comedy front, the torture/horror front, and.....well, you should get the idea by now. Many other genres of movies are more prevalent than aliens, ya know. But let's ignore that, since it has nothing to do with aliens, and couldn't possibly point to an explanation of how and why Hollywood works the way it does.

Oh, lets not forget the murder mystery front or the all-out action front. Man, Hollywood must be preparing us for many things in the future, 'cause there is no way they are producing these things because of very simple to grasp concepts such as popularity and capitalism now is there?

Again, grasping at the least possible and plausible explanation in an effort to prop up a belief system is what has made this subject the laughable joke that it is. Why is that so hard to grasp?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS65
No. Its just you.

There is no connection between the entertainment industry and UFO disclosure.

And your knowledge is based on...................????????????

For such a strong statement show some proof.

If your in the know, then tell us all why it doesn't relate. I don't have enough evidence either way, but many theories existing around this subject point to TPTB putting info in "Plane Sight".

Waiting for reply

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hollywood is giving people what they want and what they'll pay for. People like aliens, its a popular and fun idea. This is kind of a silly line of thinking too, because there are movies about all sorts of crazy things, so why are those movies (like ones about time travel or talking dogs/cars/animals, etc) not prepping us or not containing hidden truth when all the alien films are?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

I would say yes UFO Disclosure there is a connection for sure!

But the Government making some type of military order to make certain movies about Aliens, I don't think so. Maybe the governement along time ago made movies, like marijuana propaganda? Maybe there are old ufo/alien films along those lines.

The background behind the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind is very fascinating, I highly suggest getting the Blu-Ray special edition box set, because I don't think it can be found on the web, maybe.

Anyways Dr. J Allen Hynek was very involved with the movie. I'm not sure about other alien/ufo movies if there was some sort of outside help with writing the script, but Close Encounters of the Third Kind, for sure.

Also there are so many War and Political films how many of those were created by the Government?

Anyone know of any foriegn countries that have had Government made ufo/alien films?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

hey man if someone tries to tell u the media has nothing to do with internal affairs of the government and what not think again they are all apart of a secret group maybe not skulls and bones but its funny to me that the hand that feeds from the highest seat in the gov. not the president btw all the way down to actors and basketball players believe in ancient alien theory

if u think i'am wrong look up rasheed wallace's tattoo's and kobe's tatts there are also a few actors and or actresses with eyes of ra and what not tatted on them!

people who dont believe the media has nothing to do with anything is not capable of deep thought there the kinda person if u randomly brought up how crazy it is to think that combing an hydrogen atom with 2 oxygen atoms you instanly get water would want u to change the subject or tell u thats deep but no intelligent response following!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Can someone tell me how this super secret cabal of people manage to control what Hollywood puts out on a regular basis without any of their members breaking form and spilling the beans (in a credible fashion)?

Should I also assume there is some disclosure to be had on the romantic comedy front, the torture/horror front, and.....well, you should get the idea by now. Many other genres of movies are more prevalent than aliens, ya know. But let's ignore that, since it has nothing to do with aliens, and couldn't possibly point to an explanation of how and why Hollywood works the way it does.

Oh, lets not forget the murder mystery front or the all-out action front. Man, Hollywood must be preparing us for many things in the future, 'cause there is no way they are producing these things because of very simple to grasp concepts such as popularity and capitalism now is there?

Again, grasping at the least possible and plausible explanation in an effort to prop up a belief system is what has made this subject the laughable joke that it is. Why is that so hard to grasp?

who said they control?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Appreciate the list, but it is unfortunate it's in a thread such as this. Every time a new Sci Fi, particularly alien-related, movie comes out (or is announced for release), we get a spate of 'Is (insert movie title here) a warning?' or some similar drivel implying the government is using Hollywood to prepare the general public for 'Disclosue.' Of course, that probably coincides with another dozen recent threads actually announcing the newest (real this time) date for that 'Disclosure.' Just my opinion, of course.

Still, looks like you beat them all to it for the next new films, huh? Unfortunately, that will not stop them. Oh, no . . . I think I just made a prediction . . .

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
ABSOLUTELY Hollywood is all about alien disclosure in the media. It was in WW2 when The First Motion Picture Industry was started by the government for the purpose of taking control of this situation....and to produce training films for fighter pilots. Ronald Reagan was my grandfathers commanding officer or the Commander in Chief of the unit he was in during that time.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
These movies are about money making. Pure and simple. Thats not to say the government doesn't influence what gets shown.

They do to an extent. Is it co-incidence that Micheal Bay gets to use real hardware in his (US soldiers are great, hell yeah) movies, while less supportive films must rely on CGI and rented commercial vehicles? No, its not. There is a certain amount of DoD influence with filmmakers willing to make the deal. Its about recruitment more than alien conspiracy though.

However, it really doesn't matter whether its been directed or not. The sheer volume of alien related media products shows that western culture has absorbed the idea of aliens into the cultural mainstream. Children see aliens everywhere in their toys, games, storybooks.

If aliens arrived in the 30s/40s it would have been an 'outside context problem' (stealing the term from Ian M Banks, go read Excission if you havent already). Its no longer. Its very much within context.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well there are many alien/ufo movies made a year, they all just don't make it to theaters.

I for one am LOVING all the ones coming to theaters lately. I love it!! I was sick of the same crap movies out and now I can have alien invasions with my pop corn. I can't wait to see "Cowboys and Aliens" and "Battle of LA," I think those will be good. Heck put Daniel Craig in anything and I will watch it esp if aliens and mayhem are involved!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's the other way around - instead of educating or informing us subliminally, Hollywood's movies are probably stopping the subject from being treated seriously; they perpetuate the ridicule. Whether that's part of their agenda or simply a by-product I'm not sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join