It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean for us if North Korea and South Korea go to war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seeing alot of threads about it here on ATS, yet i cant seem to find out whatever what it means for us (Who are well away from the chaos) I dont mean to sound so slack, its just that firstly, i dont know what the conflict is about and secondly, i'm not to sure why its imcredibly important.

Please help me out?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

USA would go to war with China and south Korea would be stuck between two dictators

link   

North Korea and South Korea are already at war... Have been for almost 60 years... They only signed a cease fire agreement in 1953...

And if hostilities begin again, I'm pretty certain that we are treaty bound to aid the South Koreans...

link   
Global Meltdown. I believe the incident was staged by us. Conspiracy or not. I see the United States and NATO allies will join in the world. World economics and politics will be the most controversial since WW2 and the Cold War.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So i guess this is well worth looking into then?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well a good war could be just what we need to pull us out of this economic situation so theres a silver lining to every cloud

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well a good war could be just what we need to pull us out of this economic situation so theres a silver lining to every cloud

I disagree. I just started a post yesterday about the war economy. Sure, unemployment would go down during a prolonged conflict, but the war would still need to be paid for. My post as well as the reply explained the broken window theory. I'd love to hear any counter arguments about how it would benefit the economy AFTER the war is over. Plus a global war in a nuclear age is close to unthinkable.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The Korean War definitely falls under the category of "America's Forgotten Conflicts" much like King Philip's War in the late 17th century. So I can't blame you for not knowing what the deal is.

Basically, the Korean War started in the 50's, with many thousands of Americans deployed to defend South Korea. After several years a cease-fire was signed, but the conflict never officially ended.

What we're seeing now is the (possibly) the restart of a conflict that begun over 50 years ago.

I suggest you research the Cold War.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

I may well be wrong about that. I wouldn't be surprised.
"War is good for the economy" is just one of those "facts" that I've heard repeated so often that I thought it was true

Edit to add
Could you link me to your post?
edit on 27-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Take a look at this link,alot of info here for you..

homepages.stmartin.edu...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The US / SK / UN go to war with North Korea and China joins the allied forces. In the end China takes NK territory under occupation because nobody else will be capable of establishing any sort of relationship with the people; this leaving the buffer zone intact.

China will have an excuse to purchase/produce more weapons systems. There will remain tension at the SK NK border betweek US/UN forces and China. (potential to escalate from there is possible).

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

China has N. Korea's back, so they would fight alongside them

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

This will not happen yet because...

China trades with UN countries. China has people to feed. China is more interested on building a super power then to let crazy Kim kill some SK's. China is not ready to wage a world war. China is not crazy enough to start a world war.

I could honestly go on and on and on. There is no benefit to CHINA, none, nothing, nadda, zilch. Will not happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I hope this doesn't cause China and the US to fight, that would be catastrophic to peace efforts. Unfortunately, I think China would side with North Korea, so they would end up fighting the US. Sadly, I think this recent development in the conflict started up directly because of the recent financial collapse and subsequent fraudulent actions on behalf of world financial leaders.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I've always thought the same as you, that war would turn around a sagging economy, and in the short term it's certainly possibly. Here's a link to my post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

If China fights the US in 2010/2011 I will eat my boot. I would say it more likely that the US engages in full scale war with Pakistan than China. Yes, Pakistan and not Iran.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That's certainly a possible outcome. It would be better if their only intent was to replace the current administration in NK rather than occupy the country. I'm not sure how that would play out though. Lord knows the UN would want to stick their nose in and become an occupying "peacekeeper"

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So, do you think this is the end of N. Korea?

or just the end of the Kim Jong rule?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I think that little Kim and the family are next in line for the Hussein treatment, but, I have to say I am not certain this will even turn into full fledged war at this point. It's possible but, anything is possible and that goes for potential distributions of power in NK after the fact.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yeah, after looking into it, i agree. I think China will look the other way and let S. Korea have revenge to finally have stability on the island...

It's good for the North Koreans, though, if they are able to become a republic... They will at least get food

top topics

<<   2 >>

join