It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security shuts down dozens of Web sites without court order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Word from the underground part of the web i.e hackers, there's a worm floating around that tags to users and logs sites that are visited and depending on the site and how many people go to it "tags" the site as a threat unless of course it's white listed as a safe site (Google, Microsoft, etc)...who knows, but careful what you go to mainly anything Google related, that company needs to be halted for all the sh&t their trying to pull off..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I dont think that ATS is a real threat to them. There is really nothing on here that is secret, since most the information is just regurgitated information from other sources.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How do you Catch a Wild Pig !?

The Lead The Feed The Trap The Fence The Fear The Cut Off The Control The Tame Who to Blame
Fascist Leading to Communism ? Orwellian World ! Much Like North Korea Already has Do we Really want to go this way .. be like a Pig ..

Lead Your Own Path ...

by QuiteBuck may 08 2008
How to Catch a Wild Pig

FOR Those OF YOU that Need to Understand a Bit More Clearly ! with Drawings and a Better explanation !
By Yankeeprepper October 13th 2009

Copy Right Infringement I Remember a Story of a Daycare Center that Almost got Sued by Disney and was Forced to Remove Disney Painted Characters( Mickey Mouse Pluto Cinderella Peter Pan ) on their Daycare Walls Because of Copyright Laws Ironically Warner Brothers Heard about this and Said they can have Loony Toons Characters ( Bugs Porky Pig Daffy Duck Etc.. ) Painted on Their Walls
But the Same Company the WB has the Copy Right of the Traditional American Song Happy Birthday to You !

A birthday that involves copyright infringement is an...
UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY
www.unhappybirthday.com...

WolfenZ

edit on 28-11-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
wtf how is copyright infringement a threat to homeland security? i think that homeland security is the real threat .they are becoming the new gestapo more and more every day.

PAPERS PLEASE!!!

That will be next...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You know whats a trip is that during my 1.5 hour commute home from work today (pulling extra overtime hours tp bring in what I can) the word that the main stream media is reporting, or mentioning is that the only sites that were affected were bit torrent/file sharing sites and thats it!! No mention of any other sites were made in the ABC news radio broadcast that I listened to. Man more sly propaganda to fool the masses into believing that it is only "pirate criminals" that are being prosecuted. Nice to see the FULL STORY of what was all included in the raid. Keep up the good work in keeping those of us that are awakened to this BS informed ;-)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Re-infiltrate the system. Play dumb and accept the government's crappy jobs, or work harder to get a more important role. Synchronize a widespread 'failure' day/week where they cannot profit without their employees working. Blame a sick day on healthcare to get that into the mainstream media. When people protest or riot, let them through. This will spark a much needed anarchy time period. Prior to this, don't forget to sell all your unnecessary stuff; stock up on food, water, throwing knives and condoms. There will be a lot of disease flyin around.

This is what my friend told me today on how to win, but he's dumb because he's a conspiracy theorist. I don't think anything is gonna happen. America is still the greatest place in the world, people. Plus, it's for our protection.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
how is this possible

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I don't know if this counts. Are all these sites selling illegal merch? If that is the case someone tell me why they shouldn't be shut down?

Innocent until proven guilty.

No proof, no evidence, no court order, no notice.

Who exactly is acting illegally?

How would you like me to come along and confiscate your house because someone who doesnt like you claims to the authorities that you sold your fake sneakers to a neighbour.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If as it seems hearsay is now enough to shut down a website I reckon we should all send in a copyright infringement complaint against Disney or Fox.

I also wonder whether any of these sites were hosted and managed outside of the US as was the case in the last round of 'take downs'. Can you imagine the uproar if some foreign govt started shutting down US websites because their activities were frowned upon or illegal in that country.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Funny how Homeland Security wasn't supposed to police things like these, or was it?

They need to get their damn noses out of the pirate world. Seems they're not defending the "homeland" so much as threats to corporate profits... and honestly, since most corporations are, in many ways, enemies of the populace, that makes the ironically-named Homeland Security their ally. Bottom line is... they need to stop this authoritarian crap.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What I do not understand is, how can homeland security manage to shut down these sites, yet they cannot shut down wikileaks? Something has always been stinky about this.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The thing is that if your site is shut down you have options.

The first thing to do is ensure you have a back-up of your files.
The next thing to do is locate a server hosting company in a FOREIGN country.
That's not going to make it easy for the US to shut down in most cases.
If you want a watertight location then Sweden has the toughest and most laissez-faire hosting protocols. The Pirates Bay are still hosted here, despite attempts to stop them.
The only draw back is you'll lose the 'hallowed' .com prefix.
It will be .whatever the country is.

We have to get old school here. Intranets, locations that have horded and stored the information already will have an advantage.
I advise people to start digitising their decent books with digi camera's and uploading them to indie servers NOW!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Denninger adds some common sense and facts on these takedowns:

market-ticker.org...

Apparently, they had court orders and all they're doing is changing the domain name pointers. So, conceivably all the sites have to do is just re-register in non-US domain fashion. And apparently, this is nothing new and is entirely appropriate since these are 'counterfeit' goods.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Did anyone else do a whois on that list posted up? Seems some of those sites are not even US sites as far as I can tell. Am I reading the info wrong?

Domain Name : cartoon77.com
PunnyCode : cartoon77.com
Creation Date : 2008-11-12 23:14:23
Updated Date : 2010-10-20 11:35:04
Expiration Date : 2011-11-12 23:13:25

Registrant:
Organization : zhang song
Name : wu xiaobei
Address : tai wan tai bei
City : taiwansheng
Province/State : taiwansheng
Postal Code : 015242

Administrative Contact:
Organization : wu xiaobei
Phone Number : 85-014-52855422
Fax : 85-014-52855422
Email :

Technical Contact:
Email :

Billing Contact:
Email :

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

That's NOT what the PEOPLE want

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philt64

Power to the sheeple! All hail our Sheeple overlords! *bow*

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Power to the sheeple! All hail our Sheeple overlords! *bow*

the people want love

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
I dont think that ATS is a real threat to them. There is really nothing on here that is secret, since most the information is just regurgitated information from other sources.

It's not the secrets that concern them, it's the awareness people are receiving about ALL their actions, not just the ones they want us to know about. Discuss everything while you can. It will soon be against the law and the sites will be shut down.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

From the article...

While many of the web domains were sites that trafficked in counterfeit brand name goods, and some others linked to copyright-infringing file-sharing materials, at least one site was a Google-like search engine, causing alarm among web freedom advocates who worry the move steps over the line into censorship.

Keywords:
Copyright Infringement
Trafficking Counterfeit Brand Name Good

Before we can jump to any conclusions, does anyone know if the owner of the Google-like search engine was involved with copyright infringement and trafficking counterfeit products? Is there something beneath this story in which we are not seeing?

If these individuals are breaking the law, they deserve to also be sued, jailed, and fined.

When it comes to places like "Above Top Secret", no one here is doing anything criminal in nature. We are just participating in a conversation about current and alternative events. Home Land Security is closing down sites in which are related to serious crimes.

People need to stop jumping to conclusions.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is officially now a Fascist country! Everything hitler did in his day to be called fascist, America is doing that and more. As far as torcher and killing, America does that well. Are they doing it on Americans? They just know how to hide it better. They are controlling all freedom of thought and expression now, the country's Constitution means nothing anymore. It really doesn't matter, it's all over. I will say when the day comes that they have pushed Americans too far, and it WILL come..................all the laws made by trampling on our Constitution and lying to Americans, all the toys they have made to subdue Americans en masse, all of the technology that they have created to enslave Americans....WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. I know from history, what Americans do when pushed into a corner, and I know from human nature what ANYONE will do in that situation. They have created prisons for Americans (hundreds) sporatically all over the nation just waiting for an inevitable uprising from those who won't be enslaved. I will have to say, it will be a lot harder to keep those prisons under control when people know the real reason why they are locked up, and thats for the sheer reason that they wanted to be free. What they are working up to here is internet censorship and control over freedom of thought and expression, using this "piracy" as an excuse. Just like they claim that hackers and terrorists are a Homeland Security issue and that the internet should be controlled and taken down and people spied on without warrants etc. They are creating these terrorists and then translating the terror into blame on the average internet user, again, giving them an excuse to control you. They create the problem.....they get your reaction (usually as we know lately, lethargy and complacence..or traps for the lazy), the "controlled" media comes on then, telling of the problem and tells America that "the people" have spoken through polls, plants in audiences that they interview, and anonymous emails....that they want the H.S. to take care of the problem by doing something that removes yet MORE of our freedoms. Do a google search on "rockefeller shutting down internet" also "rockefeller internet bill" and you will see the bill and the video with the words right from his mouth what they want to take from you.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join