It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security shuts down dozens of Web sites without court order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Homeland Security shuts down dozens of Web sites without court order

www.rawstory.com

While many of the web domains were sites that trafficked in counterfeit brand name goods, and some others linked to copyright-infringing file-sharing materials, at least one site was a Google-like search engine, causing alarm among web freedom advocates who worry the move steps over the line into censorship.

All the shut sites are now displaying a Homeland Security warning that copyright infringers can face up to five years in prison.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
And so it goes into the next stage folks...

Are sites like ATS far off? If they can simply deem a site a threat of whatever they feel is one, and shut it down without even getting a court order, what is to stop them from going after sites they decide as potentially 'dangerous' based on content?

This entirely corrupt arm of the gov has been violating the citizenry at a blazing pace for the past few years, and appears to be ramping things up top the next stage-The attack on the net.

Hold on to your hats people, the ride's about to get bumpier...

Another one of these stories everyone better be paying close attention to...

www.rawstory.com
edit on 27-11-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

already a thread

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Don't worry guys. They are doing this all for our safety and integrity, to stop the threat of evil and the products of evil. I think we should all be thanking them from the bottom of our hearts for protecting us and protecting our righteousness, which we should all be working hard to secure ourselves. That is the beauty of government, what we cannot do for ourselves, our government will do for us.

=

=

=

Freedom in Slavery.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
wtf how is copyright infringement a threat to homeland security? i think that homeland security is the real threat .they are becoming the new gestapo more and more every day.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

And so it goes into the next stage folks...

Are sites like ATS far off? If they can simply deem a site a threat of whatever they feel is one, and shut it down without even getting a court order, what is to stop them from going after sites they decide as potentially 'dangerous' based on content?

This entirely corrupt arm of the gov has been violating the citizenry at a blazing pace for the past few years, and appears to be ramping things up top the next stage-The attack on the net.

Hold on to your hats people, the ride's about to get bumpier...

Another one of these stories everyone better be paying close attention to...

www.rawstory.com
edit on 27-11-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

I for one would think that the three amigo's would fight this right up to the n'th degree should any action such as this be taken against this website. I know how much they put into it over the years, despite the behest of some members who see it as becoming mainstream.

So I think ATS is pretty safe in terms of availability.

it's the websites run by tom teatowell and lydia teapot that would be in danger of succumbing to the whims of tptb.

And even then, a domain can be bought for a few dollars (or free if you choose such a service), a web server can be run from your own home, and ideas are not suffocated by oppression.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

already a thread

Try adding a link next time so people can follow on, otherwise the repost police are not welcome.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just another prime example of the USG over stepping the boundaries of privatization. Infringing on the people's rights, not to mention anyone who would question the stance of the USG is now deemed a terrorist, and a threat to society!

I wonder if Fiji would like another new resident?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

This is only the begining. How long do you think sites like this will last? Not very long

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

With everything transpiring with Wiki-leaks, they have no choice but to " shut it down " or implement laws/rules that would abolish the chances of embarrassment. Not to mention, any " non-sense " that may in fact discredit the US with its allies.

So any website that would suggest that very " question ", what better way to begin, with a blatant and alarming infringement of a privately owned site/organization.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Do we have a list of the sites with the DHS warning? Very weird.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Jay-morris

With everything transpiring with Wiki-leaks, they have no choice but to " shut it down " or implement laws/rules that would abolish the chances of embarrassment. Not to mention, any " non-sense " that may in fact discredit the US with its allies.

So any website that would suggest that very " question ", what better way to begin, with a blatant and alarming infringement of a privately owned site/organization.

Wikileaks will be the excuse they need to stamp out freedom of speech on the net. It will start with sites that discredit the US with its allies, and then it will grow to the point where sits like this will be shut down. Its sad, but you can see where all this is going

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
damn that was fast.. naomi wolf was right when thing start to close down in a society they come hard and fast toward the end.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Do we have a list of the sites with the DHS warning? Very weird.

you can see the list here:
site list

looks like a bunch of sites selling illegal counterfeit goods.

2009jerseys.com
51607.com
amoyhy.com
b2corder.com
bishoe.com
borntrade.com
borntrade.net
boxedtvseries.com
boxset4less.com
boxsetseries.com
burberryoutletshop.com
cartoon77.com
cheapscarfshop.com
coachoutletfactory.com
dajaz1.com
discountscarvesonsale.com
dvdcollectionsale.com
dvdcollects.com
dvdorderonline.com
dvdprostore.com
dvdscollection.com
dvdsetcollection.com
dvdsetsonline.com
dvdsuperdeal.com
eluxury-outlet.com
getdvdset.com
gofactoryoutlet.com
golfstaring.com
golfwholesale18.com
handbag9.com
handbagcom.com
handbagspop.com
icqshoes.com
ipodnanouk.com
jersey-china.com
jerseyclubhouse.com
jordansbox.com
lifetimereplicas.com
louis-vuitton-outlet-store.com
lv-outlets.com
lv-outlets.net
lv-outletstore.com
massnike.com
merrytimberland.com
mycollects.com
mydreamwatches.com
mygolfwholesale.com
newstylerolex.com
nfljerseysupply.com
nibdvd.com
odvdo.com
oebags.com
onsmash.com
overbestmall.com
rapgodfathers.com
realtimberland.com
rmx4u.com
scarfonlineshop.com
scarfviponsale.com
shawls-store.com
silkscarf-shop.com
silkscarfonsale.com
skyergolf.com
sohob2b.com
sohob2c.com
storeofeast.com
stuff-trade.com
sunglasses-mall.com
sunogolf.com
tbl-sports.com
throwbackguy.com
tiesonsale.com
timberlandlike.com
topabuy.com
torrent-finder.com
usaburberryscarf.com
usaoutlets.net

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I didn't think it would happen this quickly.

And I didn't think ATS wouldn't care either. There were people saying "it won't happen" last week. Now that it is happening, what say you?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
They'll take your freedoms little by little. Meanwhile the people of the US become more weak and scared in comparison to their "patriot" revolutionaries. Seems to be happening everywhere now; the uprising spirit has dwindled into a computer-dwelling dependant. Independence is gone.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I don't know if this counts. Are all these sites selling illegal merch? If that is the case someone tell me why they shouldn't be shut down?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I concure. God forbid someone make money ( not condoning counterfiting) . I can go to web sites that have people beat each other up, gross naked people with animals and God knows what else ....but DHS is worried about handbags and golf clubs?

Still the idea of them just shutting them down with no court order is not good.

Can't wait to see all those traitors spend time in the prisons they have stock in.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Grayelf2009 because: spelling as usuall, I will try to proof read better.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

They keep this very quiet do they not?

More control bull

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I still have very nagging doubts about Wiki-Leaks. Something about it just seems too good to be true.

I am sure if all this info was being leaked / stolen, there would be a multi-agency task force assigned to it and someone would be already incarcerated for the rest of their natural lives. But no, they put on the pretence of being shocked and alarmed at the release of data, but nothing more! Even the stuff being released is not really anything that has not been talked about, reported or at the very least hinted at before all over the internet. Pages and pages of heavily redacted info at times too... you'd think the real un-redacted stuff would be available via this leak, but no!
And what of the attention grabbing data released / leaked so far? What has been done about it? Where is the damage to government and military? Simple answer is there hasn't been anything leaked that has done any real damage and, like everything else going on with the financial fraud etc, they just don't care what we think anyway and nobody will ever see the inside of a court room over anything.

What Wiki-Leaks can do of course is to act as a conduit for carefully selected data, something juicy for the masses but which ultimately will not get anyone jail time - remember they all have their "get out of jail free" cards! As a bonus they also get to play the "National Security" card and start shutting down sites that host, re-print or discuss the data. And that right there is the real reason for Wiki-Leaks.
What better way than to infiltrate the system with seemingly (but carefully selected) data, thus providing the reason to shut it all down? Problem - Reaction - Solution!
edit on 27-11-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

Edit to add..... Another big plus for those in power "leaking" this data, is that they can also include false data to push a particular agenda. If people believe all the data is genuine leaked official material, then they'll be more willing to accept false data as true, thinking it comes from a genuinely leaked source.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join