It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton talks to China about Wikileaks release

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Denv- In reality China has acted rather decently toward us...despite our bad mouthing she (China) holds a lot of our debt and can't afford to devalue the dollar or she wont get paid back. We loved China when we could buy tons of inexpensive items from her, but she's busy building up her economy too. Now that she is emerging economically stronger, we're upset. She may prove to be wiser by not engaging in endless meaningless wars with other nations, and keep on building her infrastructure and her ties to other nations. I'm not worried about her; she's always been a country that looked inside, and has proven herself to be capable of supplying her own needs without endebting herself. I'm worried about us....our government...it seems so riddled with corruption and influence that I don't know how it will disentangle itself from its own web of evil. We really need to look inside OURselves...the wikileaks thing is extremely strange...I would think if there WERE anything in these exposes, that Julian would have long been dead by now. But on the other hand, Fidel survived, so did Hugo...something strange is occurring...perhaps there are heroes within the government who would love to clean it up too. Meanwhile, ...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by babybunnies

Of course, the upside if she DOES get turfed, is that it will free her up to run against Obama as a Presdential contender in 2012.

she can't run, the president is the automatic incumbent of the democratic party. the only way she can run is as an independent or switches to the republicans and challenges sarah palin for the nomination.
edit on 27-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

i see too may stories of people dieing mysteriously when sensitive info is about to be disclosed. if it is really important/sensitive info there always seems to be a mysterious accident/small plane crash/burglary preventing someone disclosing the sensitive info, or they would just shut Wikileaks down.
reply to post by Loxly

That is true for Americans and Britians but Julian is not a citizen of either country and is not in the US right now. And we don't know what hold he might have over someone powerful. Right now people are watching carefully and the government is trying to begin a disinfo campaign. Remember: whatever they say, its not true; so read between the lines. Americans would die of shock alone if they knew what was going on in the 'Halls of Power'.
Lets wait and watch and laugh as they fall all over themselves throwing a cup of water over a raging inferno in the most extreme scenario.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Maybe there will be some info. on 9/11. Can you imagine?

reply to post by Tykonos

You spoke what flittered through my mind! Wouldn't that be great? It seems as if EVERYthing is hidden, top secret, not allowed for the tax payer to see. This is a secret government...open-ness seems to be threatening to it.

We should think of a way ATS'ers could hop in and begin to read the Wikileaks stuff when it is accessed so that we could report back. So Britain is trying to stop the presses? But the Middle East, Asia, Russia, and hopefully, France and South America can print it...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

You have great critical thinking skills! Your analysis is on point! With a mind like yours, you should be able to zip through the mire of high school...you'll love college though, it's nothing like high school. Then run for office, I'll vote for you!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

This whole...it'll compromise national security BS is rediculous.
reply to post by jrmcleod

I agree! Top secret highly sensitive communications should be encoded and sent over secure networks, not emailed around to each other so that any clerical soldier has access. What a load! They're blowing hot air.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
this just came up 1 hour ago on Google news..

US warns Wikileaks' Assange on possible leak

The US has written to the founder of whistle-blower site Wikileaks, Julian Assange, requesting him not to release a cache of diplomatic files.

The release of classified State Department documents is against US law and will put "countless" lives at risk, the letter warns.

Wikileaks says it is set to unveil a new set of documents, bigger than past releases on Afghanistan and Iraq.

Mr Assange has said the US authorities are afraid of being held to account.

The latest leak is expected to include documents covering US dealings and diplomats' confidential views of countries including Australia, Britain, Canada, Israel, Russia and Turkey.
source

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

WikiLeaks accused of violating US law

The United States has rejected talks with WikiLeaks over its planned release of confidential US documents, saying the whistleblower website is holding them in violation of US law.

The US State Department set out its position in a letter to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and his attorney that was released to the media.

"We will not engage in a negotiation regarding the further release or dissemination of illegally obtained US government classified materials," State Department legal adviser Harold Koh wrote.

"As you know, if any of the materials you intend to publish were provided by any government officials, or any intermediary without proper authorisation, they were provided in violation of US law and without regard for the grave consequences of this action.

"As long as WikiLeaks holds such material, the violation of the law is ongoing."
source

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
http://__._/ still up at 2;18am PST

2nd ~

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
here we go a few cables have been leaked @ statelogs
[3:17 p.m.] Leaks revealed in Basel Copies of tomorrow’s Der Spiegel have been sold in Basel, Switzerland. Contents are being exposed on Twitter by Symor Jenkins. Among what can be read in Der Spiegel:
•“Obama prefers to look East than West.”
•“Obama has no emotion towards Europe.”
•“The US sees the world as a confrontation between 2 superpowers. The EU plays a secondary role.”
•“Europe is not so important for the US.”
•From the cover, we read that Ahmadinejad “is Hitler”, Sarkozy is “an emperor without clothes”, Karzai is “driven by paranoia”.
•From the inside articles, scanned by Symor Jenkins (page 1, page 2), we learn that the US have a snitch inside the German government, a member of the liberal FDP party. German chancellor Angela Merkel is described as barely creative and risk-averse.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Relaxfreedom because: further info

edit on 28-11-2010 by Relaxfreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The leaks will probably appear in MSM tonight (or for America in the afternoons). At least I read that "Der Spiegel" postponed a Online-issue to 10:30 pm UTC+1 (German source here).
edit on 28-11-2010 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
[4:05 p.m.] by StateLogs In a press conference this afternoon, Julian Assange said that the upcoming StateLogs cover “everything, from assassinations in East Timor to the behaviour of some of the biggest United States private banks.”

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Well I'm happy not everyone is jumping on the band wagon. Thanks for the support!

Star, 2nd line.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why was'nt wiki leaks destroyed when it first surfaced. Its not like the govt did not know about it. I think is spy opp

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Read my original posts about 3 pages back, I think the same thing and I go into it more in depth. Take a read if you'd like.

Star.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Quite a few updates on WL Central, for anyone still keeping up with it all.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Exclusive: Tomorrow's Spiegel cover
cache.gawker.com...

How America sees World leaders.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
US Embasy Cable Leaks Sparks Global Diplomacy Crisis

It looks like we will not be getting all of the nearly 3 million at once. Only about 260K have been talked about.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

So he makes a profit off of this as well?

Hahahaha he's a pawn, I'm sure of it.

3rd line.
edit on 28-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
UK news is reporting overtly on the leaks about other middle east countries wanting the US to 'deal' with Iran.

This seems to play right into the hands of US right-wing policy! Why then were they creating headlines about the 'evil' of wiki-leaks releasing this info?

Either the MSN is trying to make this into something the US gov can use to there advantage in the middle east by accentuating these specific middle east leaks... Damage control.

Or, Wiki is a US black-op...

Or, Wiki is unknowingly being fed what the TPTB want them to leak.

So far, these leaks appear to be handing the US a mandate to 'deal' with Iran and that smell a little fishy!

edit on 28-11-2010 by McGinty because: to correct typos

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join