It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government has issued a "D-notice" for Wiki-Links

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scattykat

I had same issue. It also says the file is empty. Have no idea how to resolve it. lol Maybe someone will be kind enough to answer.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by zorgon

Nah, by Monday people are going to be asking "where is all of the history changing stuff?"

Even more will be saying WTF is this?

The few nuggets this will provide may make for some interesting conversations among the general public, and behind the scenes a whole new level of distrust will be the result between diplomatic agencies of several nations who may in the future opt to exchange secret cables via trusted secret agent couriers rather than use electronic communications.

Harder to build a global governing body if nations cant trust one another with secret and private messages eh?

Another non-event event, brought to you by wikileaks and the CIA.

edit on 27-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

I have some growing suspicions about wikileaks. I figure that either the "top secret" stuff will be held back to keep himself and his family alive, or he and his family really don't have anything to worry about after all.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

What's the point of UK papers not publishing the information when it's on the internet and a whole bunch of other papers are printing it online. Do they think that UK residents are living in a bubble or something? The UK government must be run by some really old idiots.
edit on 27-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
With any luck, this release will be the catalyst that allows us, the 'little people' to clear the decks, and sweep away the entrenched corruption that festers in the corridors of power, and make a new start for the betterment of humanity, not just the few at the top of the stinking heap.

You really think we will get stuff like that? Really? Well I will ask you on Monday why you think we were 'ripped off'

Originally posted by spikey

I'd forgotten about 'the Arctic Sea' mystery.
Went all quiet didn't it.
I wonder why...as you say, hopefully that will be part of what we are finally told about.

Well never mind you just answered it yourself

"We the people..." have a very short attention span. Its all GUNG HO when the news breaks... all the outrage, the demands for answers... then the next day the new outrage comes along and yesterday is old news. and few rarely follow up.

The easiest way to cover something up is to 'leak it' drive the outrages, then move on so it will be quickly forgotten

Just look at threads on ATS a brief flare of the TSA injustice and now it's pushed aside for this

I will wait and see... but my gut tells me something is wrong here. The 'facts' don't add up

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Let's see whether you are right as soon as we've seen what this is about. I'd like to judge myself whether Wikileaks should or shouldn't release such sensitive information. We've got to read it first before being able to judge whether they are a threat to security.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

As much as I agree with you, I have been tracking the Arctic Sea and all the other little things that "don't add up" and although the masses might jump form one news story the next, it only take a few people to carry on digging and come up with the goods..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I also saw a segment on Fox News where they were painting Julian as a "terrorist" and guilty of "espionage". This is how it starts, folks. Exercise freedom of speech and suddenly you are a terrorist guilty of "aiding and abetting".

In other developments, it appears that the U.S. government is seizing domain names and shutting down websites guilty of "piracy". It won't be long and they'll be shutting down websites like ATS, Infowars, Rush Limbaugh's website and on and on. Anything they can tag as "dangerous", "inciting unrest", or whatever.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
In other developments, it appears that the U.S. government is seizing domain names and shutting down websites guilty of "piracy". It won't be long and they'll be shutting down websites like ATS, Infowars, Rush Limbaugh's website and on and on. Anything they can tag as "dangerous", "inciting unrest", or whatever.

Yep... and all 'We the people.." will do is blog about it and wait for the other guy to do something about it.

America, Home of the Brave, Land of the Free..

Oh wait... that is just an old history text... my bad

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
imo, if "they" really didn't want him to release the info I doubt he would be alive right now. it seems like "they" are just giving us the illusion that they have no control, for whatever reason

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Twitter is not a valid source by itself.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Given we've pretty much all downloaded the file, when is he giving out the key so we can all have a good read?

It's worse than waiting for the next Harry Potter, we all know it's coming, and all getting excited and excitable about the contents, but nobody has actually seen it yet! That said I've never read the Harry Potter books, I suspect that puts me in a very select group, but I've seen the wife and kids get all excited about each book as they came out.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
reply to post by CodeRed3D

What's the point of UK papers not publishing the information when it's on the internet and a whole bunch of other papers are printing it online. Do they think that UK residents are living in a bubble or something? The UK government must be run by some really old idiots.
edit on 27-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

People keep saying this - 'Oh it doesn't matter, it's online.'

You're missing the point completely. YOU might find it online, I might find it online, but my dad wouldn't, my boss wouldn't and a huge percentage of the non-internet savvy population wouldn't.

If it doesn't appear in the Monday papers, it doesn't exist for a large number of people. The press is there to facilitate our understanding of newsworthy events. If they fail to do this they are basically complicit.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Twitter is not a valid source by itself.

Perhaps if you'd read the thread, you'd have read my earlier post when I quoted the Government's email in full:

From: Andrew Vallance Sent: Fri 26/11/2010 12:42 To: Sunday Telegraph; Ian Martin; Sunday Telegraph; Channel Five; Caroline Wyatt; C4 News Desk; Sun; Kevin Brown; Sunday Mail; Mail on Sunday; Five TV; Associated Press TV; William Lewis; Tim Marshall; Press Gazette; Allister Heath; Jonathan Collett; Daily Telegraph; Daily Record; Evening Standard; Daily Star; Independent on Sunday; Observer; Foresight News; Daily Express; Sunday Times; Financial Times; Associated Press; Times; Spark FM; chris wissun; Sunday Mirror; Sunday Herald; News of the World; Tom Newton-Dunn; Stephen Abell; Scotsman; Press Association; BFBS Will Inglis; Will Gore; Mark Birdsall; Guardian; Daily Mail; Daily Mirror; People; Foresight News; Telegraph Legal; Glenmore Trenear-Harvey; Sunday Post; Reuters; ITV News Desk; Independent; Evening Times; Jonathan Grun; Glasgow Herald; Five TV

Subject: DA Notice Letter of Advice to All UK Editors – Further Wikileaks Disclosures

To All Editors

Impending Further National Security Disclosures by Wikileaks

I understand that Wikileaks will very shortly release a further mass of US official documents onto its internet website. The full scope of the subject matter covered by these documents remains to be seen, but it is possible that some of them may contain information that falls within the UK’s Defence Advisory Notice code. Given the large number of documents thought to be involved, it is unlikely that sensitive UK national security information within these documents would be recognised by a casual browser. However, aspects of national security might be put at risk if a major UK media news outlet brought such information into obvious public prominence through its general publication or broadcast.

Therefore, may I ask you to seek my advice before publishing or broadcasting any information drawn from these latest Wikileaks’ disclosures which might be covered by the five standing DA Notices. In particular, would you carefully consider information that might be judged to fall within the terms of DA Notice 1 (UK Military Operations, Plans and Capabilities) and DA Notice 5 (UK Intelligence Services and Special Forces). May I also ask you to bear in mind the potential consequential effects of disclosing information which would put at risk the safety and security of Britons working or living in volatile regions where such publicity might trigger violent local reactions, for example Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan?

As always, I am available 24/7 to offer DA Notice guidance…

Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Vallance

Air Vice-Marshal Secretary, Defence Press and Broadcasting Advisory Committee

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
reply to post by Scattykat

I had same issue. It also says the file is empty. Have no idea how to resolve it. lol Maybe someone will be kind enough to answer.

I'm pretty certain it's a TrueCrypt file. I'd download that now just in case their server goes down when the passkey is released.
www.truecrypt.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Nah, by Monday people are going to be asking "where is all of the history changing stuff?"

Even more will be saying WTF is this?

The few nuggets this will provide may make for some interesting conversations among the general public, and behind the scenes a whole new level of distrust will be the result between diplomatic agencies of several nations who may in the future opt to exchange secret cables via trusted secret agent couriers rather than use electronic communications.

Harder to build a global governing body if nations cant trust one another with secret and private messages eh?

Another non-event event, brought to you by wikileaks and the CIA.

I am quoting my own post here from this thread before the big release.

Okay, I admit it, I am a psychic.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Okay, I admit it, I am a psychic.

Well tune in your powers on THIS

These 'leaks' are very odd... I have spent years seeking out tidbits of info and when I find a small inter department memo they look like THIS

There is only one sentence of the actual message and its blacked out

These releases seem to be all retyped... has ANYONE verified that they are the real deal or are we just accepting this a face value?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The black X over the word secret explains everything.

With enough editing even real secrets can be made public.

As for the rest, it is not as important as the above.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join