It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Turkey Allowed Weapons Flow to Al-Qaeda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by wcitizen

more or less stated

Did he say it or not? More or less counts for dirt. He either did or he didn't. I'm not saying that the bombing you claimed never happened. I'm un decided. I would just like to see your proof!

I read it in an article. I don't now have the link. You can do a google search.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah and?

The US is DIRECTLY funding Pakistan with BILLIONS of $, most of it ending up in Taliban hands.

Not to mention the drug trade money... ending up in Taliban hands.
Not to mention the ``aid`` to Afghanistan... ending up in Taliban hands.

Total direct aid from the US government to the Talibans? SEVERAL BILLIONS A YEAR, not counting the allowed drug trade.

So yeah.

I'm sot sure they are funding them directly. In fact, I would suggest that they are funneling the money through the Turkish Connection. This 'Turkish Connection' is being funded by the CIA. Sibel Edmond's is a former FBI translator and had a lot to say about the Turkish Connection to the CIA, 9-11 and Al Qaeda. Here's where things start getting interesting. The leader of this movement has been in exile in the United States for the last twenty years.

The star of the comedy, at least for the Turkish media, is Gulen. The 78-year-old imam has lived in self-imposed exile for two decades, due to charges by Turkish prosecutors that he led a conspiracy to subvert the secular state. He presides over Turkey's largest religious movement, commanding the loyalty of two-thirds of the Turkish police, according to some reports. His movement - a transnational civic society movement inspired by Gulen's teachings - also controls a network of elite schools that educate a tenth of the high school students in the Turkic world from Baku to Kyrgyzstan. And it reportedly controls businesses with tens of billions of dollars in assets. His movement has been expelled from the Russian Federation and his followers arrested in Uzbekistan by local authorities who believe his goal is a pan-Turkic union from the Bosporus to China's western Xinjiang province ("East Turkestan" to Gulen's movement).

www.atimes.com...

Not only is this guy living in America, his movement is running charter schools in the USA!

The Controversial Muslim preacher has now extended his tentacles into schools in the United States, where he controls and operates more than 100 charter schools within a calculatively set up maze of dubious NGOs. Fethullah Gulen, whose organizations’ net worth is estimated to be somewhere between $22 billion and $50 billion, owns and operates over three hundred Madrasas around the world, including Pakistan, Central Asia, and the Caucasus. While Gulen’s suspicious and secretive Madrasas have been shut down and or restrained in countries such as Russia, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan, based on these governments’ justified suspicions that his schools had more than just education on their agendas, his rapidly and secretively expanding charter school empire here in the US has gone quite unnoticed and unacknowledged. In less than a decade Gulen’s Islamic network in the US has established over 100 publicly funded charter schools in 25 states. What makes this eyebrow raising phenomenon a very disturbing case is the fact that despite official documents and publicly available data Fethullah Gulen is going out of his way to deny his connections to these schools. The question is why?

www.boilingfrogspost.com...

My theory is that the CIA are using the movement as a proxy to control the resources in Central Asia. A vacuum was left after the fall of the USSR and the US couldn't directly move in and control the space, so by proxy, Turkey (Gulen) will fill the role.

This theory is also problematic, as I also believe that Turkey are attempting a revival of the Ottoman Empire. If Gulen returns to Turkey from exile, we could see a Islamic Revolution. Gulen could be the next Ayatolla Khomeni, turning Turkey into an Islamic State.

Very worrying.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That's what I had been saying for almost a year now. Check out this thread here: Proof that "Al Qaeda in Iraq" were armed by the US? (VIDEO), , which basically shows Al Qaeda in Iraq with NATO weapons, a whole brand new cache of them. In that thread, I explain how the probability is low that they picked these weapons off of dead soldiers or stole them from an armory.

Apparently, it turns out I was right.

--airspoon

ETA

Those are clearly brand new NATO and American weapons. If they were just picked up off of dead bodies, then they wouldn't be brand new like that and if they didn;t have access to NATO ammunition, then they wouldn;t just be firing those weapons for practice, being that the ammo would be severely limited. Also, they wouldn;t even be using those weapons if they didn't have access to a steady supply of ammo and the only place they can get a steady supply of ammo from, is a NATO country.

--airspoon
edit on 26-11-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

How hard is it for the US government to send false information and make it look like a leak?
Answer (very freaken easy)

How hard is it for an American government employee to send leaks without having to put his/her life at risk.
Answer (almost impossible)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

How hard is it for the US government to send false information and make it look like a leak?

How hard is it for an American government employee to send leaks without having to put his/her life at risk.

How likely is it that they would leak their own info, that would need to be apologized for to almost every nation they deal with? Not very.

Past documents I could see how the argument could be made it was leaked on purpose.. but the fact that The U.S. is doing unprecedented beforehand apologizing gives a VERY strong impression this is not the case here.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

How likely is it that they would leak their own info, that would need to be apologized for to almost every nation they deal with? Not very.

They haven't leaked their own info, I never said they leaked their own info, they pretend to leak, but all the information is a dis-info campaign.

Past documents I could see how the argument could be made it was leaked on purpose.. but the fact that The U.S. is doing unprecedented beforehand apologizing gives a VERY strong impression this is not the case here.

All the fuss about US government caring is BS, and is orchestrated to give Wikileaks more attention and more credibility, especially to the eyes of those who question American policy.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

A dis-info campaign to make themselves look bad to all these countries they have apologized to in advance?... that makes absolutely no sense.

None.

And yes.. you made a post yesterday saying "I think this is a controlled leak." So, yes you did say they leaked their own info.

edit on 26-11-2010 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

A dis-info campaign to make themselves look bad to all these countries they have apologized to in advance?... that makes absolutely no sense.

None.

How has any of the information made US look bad?

And

When was the last time US apologized for anything?

How long did it take for US to apologize for Vietnam?

And

All the information simply points fingers at everyone else for US failures in policy and US's mis-management of the Afghan and Iraq war + occupation, which caused millions of deaths.

Why don't the US apologize for their role in Vietnam?
Why don't the US apologize for their support to the dictatorships in South America?
Why don't the US apologize for their role in Afghanistan?
Why don't the US apologize for their role in Iraq?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

When did US start apologizing?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How has it made them look bad? It has not YET.. but they know it is coming with the upcoming leaks.

When has the U.S. started apologizing? Since they learned this leak was coming out... have you not been reading about all the communications to all the embassies in the past 72 hours?

Instead of arguing just to argue.. how about research what is actually going on.

And linking to the Huffington post means nothing.. they are as bad the Enquirer.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

How has it made them look bad? It has not YET.. but they know it is coming with the upcoming leaks.

When has the U.S. started apologizing? Since they learned this leak was coming out... have you not been reading about all the communications to all the embassies in the past 72 hours?

No, I said US doesn't have an apologetic history, what big information is being leaked which is forcing the US to apologize? The only conclusion I see is, to put all the attention on this leak. It is a fantastic idea. Has the US committed bigger crimes than Vietnam? Than assassinations? coups? mass murder? torture? etc..

Instead of arguing just to argue.. how about research what is actually going on.

And linking to the Huffington post means nothing.. they are as bad the Enquirer.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm arguing, because there is an argument, a strong one, that these leaks are dis-info propaganda.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

actually it's very simple.

almost impossible.

these are two very good points you bring up here, but, what about another possible scenario;

someone(s) within the gov't, and/or CIA is fed up with the actions of TPTB, and they have been providing info to wiki-leaks. these individuals would have to be very well connected, and granted, they may have an agenda of their own, but until this could be ruled out, it remains a very viable option.

edit on 26-11-2010 by ParkerCramer because: quotes

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

" One of the reports mentioned by Al Hayat is an intelligence cable that appears to have been sent by an American intelligence agency. The cable says: “Large amounts of water have arrived from Turkey, large waves will hit Baghdad in a few hours. Some people are widening the irrigation canals.” "

Yes , The CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY Has Been EXPOSED Here as Supporting Terrorism ........Who would of Thunk it .......

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Anyone else have a problem with our government making a statement like "These revelations are harmful to the United States and our interests. They are going to create tension in relationships between our diplomats and our friends around the world."?

I do not give a flying heck that the worlds government are involved in a conspiracy so big against the people of the world that it would damage their relationships with unsuspecting parties. I believe that Americans if they only knew the truth would be up in arms at their governments actions done in their name. The terrorists are in government worldwide. These statements are like a criminal stating if I'm convicted it will not be good for innocent people. I don't know maybe someone else could come up with a better analogy. The point is this though, government is supposed to protect our right to live in peace. Not participate in activity that if exposed would expose us to risk. To date it is all they seem capable of doing.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What are the Odds that your Allegations are True ? SLIM To NONE.............

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, IF it is a "dis-info campaign".. they need to fire the guy running that department... for it is not well thought out.

The information that will be coming from this leak is back room talks from our foreign delegates bad-mouthing their host countries.. what possible good will that do for the U.S.? None.

Putting the spotlight on these upcoming leaks is the last thing they want to do.. in fact they would rather nobody sees them.

When you keep bringing up when have they apologized for past acts.. you prove the point I am trying to make. They never have... so the fact they ARE doing it at this very second is completely out of character.
edit on 26-11-2010 by TwiTcHomatic because: Spelling corrections

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer

almost impossible.

these are two very good points you bring up here, but, what about another possible scenario;

someone(s) within the gov't, and/or CIA is fed up with the actions of TPTB, and they have been providing info to wiki-leaks. these individuals would have to be very well connected, and granted, they may have an agenda of their own, but until this could be ruled out, it remains a very viable option.

Yes, that is a viable option, but my two points takes the issue in hand.

Yes it is possible this could be a credible leak, but that is almost impossible at this day and age. You just can't leak something, and get away with it. Even if you are in CIA, it just isn't possible, you will be facing the might of a whole nation (which has tentacle which reaches every nation in this earth + every industry), and that is just too much.

The odds are there, that Wikileak might have started true, but to be honest, even if Wikileak was credible, it would be immensely easy for the government to corrupt it, hence hire agents to pretend they are leaking files, and send files to Wikileaks which are not true, but are dis-info propaganda.

The odds are against credible leak.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Well, IF it is a "dis-info campaign".. they need to fire the guy running that department... for it is not well thought out.

The information that will be coming from this leak is back room talks from our foreign delegates bad-mouthing their host countries.. what possible good will that do for the U.S.? None.

and you think that is something huge?

Putting the spotlight on these upcoming leaks is the last thing they want to do.. in fact they would rather nobody sees them.

When you keep bringing up when have they apologized for past acts.. you prove the point I am trying to make. They never have... so the fact they ARE doing it at this very second is completely out of character.
edit on 26-11-2010 by TwiTcHomatic because: Spelling corrections

Yes exactly, it is out of character, get it? They haven't apologized for killing millions of Vietnamese using Chemicals, but they apologize for some delegates bad mouthing host countries?

Like I said, the only fair and just conclusion is dis-info propaganda.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

" Army Private First Class Bradley Manning was flown to Quantico Marine Base to await trial for leaking the top-secret information.

He was arrested in June for allegedly passing on to WikiLeaks a classified video of a 2007 helicopter strike in Iraq that killed two Iraqis who were on assignment for the Reuters news agency.

Manning has also come under suspicion after the latest release of documents on WikiLeaks."

Whatever his Motives, I do not Believe Private Manning is Guilty of Spreading Disinformation , His Only Sin IMO , is getting Caught .........

edit on 26-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes, that is a viable option, but my two points takes the issue in hand.

Yes it is possible this could be a credible leak, but that is almost impossible at this day and age. You just can't leak something, and get away with it. Even if you are in CIA, it just isn't possible, you will be facing the might of a whole nation (which has tentacle which reaches every nation in this earth + every industry), and that is just too much.

The odds are there, that Wikileak might have started true, but to be honest, even if Wikileak was credible, it would be immensely easy for the government to corrupt it, hence hire agents to pretend they are leaking files, and send files to Wikileaks which are not true, but are dis-info propaganda.

The odds are against credible leak.

So in other words.. your opinions are the only ones that are "likely".. I get it.

This is not the movies.. files are leaked everyday.. be it government, industrial or just plain old dirty emails from hacked accounts.

Saying that something is impossible because of "the might of a whole nation" is a little much.. the pen will always be mightier than the sword. Why do you think they are doing preemptive damage control?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Actually he is only guilty of being told exactly what to do by his branch commander of his group of "operatives".

Someone had to go down for this... They will drag the process out for as long as possible and eventually Manning will disappear, or die in prison (a staged death, body included) and move into a whole new level of secrecy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join