It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the earth be millions of yrs old and we can't find a tree over 10K yrs old?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This kind of ignorance disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Odessy

you Odessy have a well open mind, the universe gave us life, it can take it away i suppose. But some do not posess logic, they cling to thier belifes merely because anything else then the world is scary to them, these are the less evolved of our species.

Those who have come to accept the ways of nature, are more evolved, more intellgent and above all else, slightly less retarded then the rest of the homo sapeins. lol

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

"ways of nature" more evolved/less retarded?

Sounds like a saturday night live bit ... can't you picture Will Farrell sitting indian style with some incense chanting..."ways of nature" "ways of nature"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

so did you ask a public forum a rhetorical question? somehow trying to teach a subliminal genius lesson in disguise of a rather peculiar blatantly obvious question? because if you were really lookng for answers they have been given. Have you read them?

Is this how old thinkers think? or new age twists on ideas of old religious rhetoric?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
This kind of ignorance disgusts me.

Thank you for your OPINION...oh and btw, you are free to believe anything you like and you'll never see me post that it disgusts me

Did some ET's give you a video of what happened..maybe the mods can help you embedd it

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

There are a hundred questions and 5 events that the powers to be never want to be asked and this is one of them.
Don’t change what has been programmed in the minds of humans, they will only believe what they have been taught to believe.
Its like asking how in the hell can humans still live with there ancestor at the same time?
Its like saying did humans come on a comet.
Like telling somebody evolution didn’t happen?

Your question shows a disturbance in the balance of what they created the humans to believe.
Your topic is like ‘I know who shot jfk’.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

It is interesting...did you notice our signature quotes are seeking the same path? Maybe a different destination tho? Enjoy your Wed get-together with the boys before Thxgiving...be safe

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No ETs didn't give me a video.

I just understand science and the methods employed to assist in understanding the world around us.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Your question shows a disturbance in the balance of what they created the humans to believe.

Yeah, I have been somewhat surprized at the venom

Maybe you right...a unique way you have posted for sure....I can just see Yoda saying that...

Thank you, btw the vid didn't work for me...?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

well if its the same path, how can it be different destinations?

hope i wasnt to rude with my comments, and I didnt read through the entire thread but I smelled a religious agenda. If thats not the case then I apologize. I dont have anything against religion, but just come out and say it. No need to mask it with beat around the bush questions and phrasing. Thats my take, maybe Im wrong, but thats how I felt when I read the OP.

I went to your youtube link, but I was a bit dissapointed. Rage is great, but very odd when mixed with religion

And I have to contend that you sir are the skeptic because it is the scientific community that holds the majority in opinion about the origins of man.

I shall have a happy turkey day, hope you do as well...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Rocks from the far north islands of Canada were recently discovered to be over 4.3 billion years old, that's billion with a B. The science of determining such an age is the thing that escapes most Youtubers because to the uneducated eye watching lossy footage, it just seems to 'look' a certain way to them. Hmm. It looks that way to them.

Think about it.

Where would you put your money?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
No ETs didn't give me a video.

I just understand science and the methods employed to assist in understanding the world around us.

My bad, I thought you'd seenitall?

Tell me about those methods, I'm all ears....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Your question is a very disturbing force amongst scientist and there out dated by 50 trillion years, carbonated and hypothesis of fairy tale science that they imbed in the minds of humans. Glad your beyond that and that your brain was upgraded in to the new and improved frequencies of time. May the force be with you, your going to need it...you really are !

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Very nice post! Thx!

Enjoy your day!

When the holidays over tomorrow to whom will you be thankful? No need to answer...strike that question....I'm just messing with you.

T

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

well if its the same path, how can it be different destinations?

I think I answered my own question before I asked it! lol

The human race is (I just wrote and posted this recently..its very short)

funny you said what you said...it just suddenly popped up...i think its a good thing not everybody believes the same thing btw

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Oh, nvm....

I looked again, and the sarcasm seems obvious...and I was just tired, firs ttime....
edit on 24 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

No, it really isn't. And science says the universe is 15 billionish years old, with the Earth at around 4.5 billion. Give or take a bit. It's something we can actually measure. It's not a fairy tale.

Here's the other thing, even if it isn't 4.5 billion, it's still a lot older than 10,000 years old. We have human artifacts that are much older. We have human remains that are older still. We have prehistoric fossils that are older than those.

10,000 years is off by such a scale that it isn't even laughable, it's just sad.

And I know the Force well, it doesn't dwell on the side of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its simple global warming killed all the trees older then 10K years old.

As the climate zones shifted at the end of the last Ice Age glacial period to the interglacial period 10K years ago the trees in those climate zone died and were replaced by trees that were compatible with the new climate zones.

Since a tree can not migrate or change to the new climate conditions all they could do was die as the climate changed.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Are you seriously suggesting trees cannot migrate????

What about the Ents?? (Tolkien). Or, in "The Wizard of Oz"? (Seems I remember those trees moving....could be mistaken, however).....

Then there are the coconuts, and the strange goings-on sometimes seen......they come from trees, originally....

edit on 24 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Your question is a very disturbing force amongst scientist and there out dated by 50 trillion years, carbonated and hypothesis of fairy tale science that they imbed in the minds of humans. Glad your beyond that and that your brain was upgraded in to the new and improved frequencies of time. May the force be with you, your going to need it...you really are !

I think you may be right...

Check this out... I wrote it two yrs ago... www.abovetopsecret.com...

6) 6) What’s missing in Quantum Physics? Mathematically, why doesn’t it all break apart? The more we learn about subatomic particles called ‘gluons’, the more the universe seems to be made of nothing at all? Scientist says that all the electrons and subatomic particles of an atom are held together in their precise position and orbit by an invisible force, by which without it, everything would fall apart and reality as we know it, would cease to exist in an instant.
Quotes from Discovery Magazine in 2000, “The weirdness comes from the gluons. Quantum chromodynamics, the force that holds protons together, is modeled closely on quantum electrodynamics, the force that holds atoms together—but the gluons change screening to antiscreening, intuitive to bizarre.” And, “The closer you look, the more you find the proton is dissolving into lots of particles, each of which is carrying very, very little energy," says Wilczek. "And the elements of reality that triggered the whole thing, the quarks, are these tiny little things in the middle of the cloud. In fact, if you follow the evolution to infinitely short distances, the triggering charge goes to zero. If you really study the equations, it gets almost mystical." More info here: discovermagazine.com...

Another question? Saw this on ‘Genius Forum’ Is there substance that holds all things together? According to the ‘Bundle Theory’ there isn't. It says all things are just bundles or sums of their properties. The objection to this view comes from the substrate theory which asks: If there is no substance what is it that holds these properties together? There must be some substance that has these properties is what they say.

We never reach the substance because whenever we talk about something we talk about its properties. The definition of substance makes it impossible. Substance would be something that has no properties, which is unthinkable.

At the fundamental level all things are made out of subatomic particles, if I'm not mistaken. Namely, electrons, protons and neutrons. The number of protons in a nucleus determines an atom's chemical element, and chemical elements and their various combinations are what everything is made of (excluding dark energy and dark matter).

However there is an even more fundamental level. Leptons, quarks (particles that make up protons and neutrons) and gauge bosons (which are the carriers of fundamental forces) are regarded as fundamental particles because they have no substructure that we know of. If this is true then they are the particles from which everything else is made of, which makes them the closest we get to substance.”

[snipped items 7-9]

edit on Wed Nov 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join